PDA

View Full Version : Dan's Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament Sign-ups!!!

Manjoume Jun
10-14-2004, 03:05 AM
Hello there dueling fans!

As you can see, I too am a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG, and so I have decided to start a little tournament of my own, right here on PE2k!

Now then, sadly, I can't really do anything as a prize for winning, except that you could perhaps mention it in your sig that you won this tournament or something, I dunno, :P

Anyways, the rules are simple, you post here if you're interested in signing-up for the tournament, and then once I have a total of 8 people who have signed up, then I'll post the bracket, and the duels can go underway!

The duels themselves will be fought depending on the preferred method of dueling out of the three methods mentioned in a later post within this thread.

Anyways, now that the basic stuff is out of the way, time for some basic rulings:

- 40 to 80 card deck limit
- deck must be PMed to me once constructed
- these will be fought as duels, not matches, so no side decks
- no deck modifications are allowed after they have been PMed to me
- this will be played out in the Advanced Format, so anything that has been banned cannot be used in your deck
- apart from banned cards, any cards that have been officially released in the English language may be used in your deck
- duels will be fought 1-on-1 with 8000 LP
- normal rules apply, no extras or anything of the sort

That's pretty much it for everything, now for you guys to hopefully become interested and sign-up!

1 - Alakazam
2 - Jet
3 - Kenny C.002
4 - Pidgeot79
5 - Archmage Devin
6 - BlazikenInferno
7 - RaineEX
8 - Battousai

Also, the winner of this tourney will be able to go on and challenge yours truely to see if they can ultimately prove their skills in a clash of the titans!

Let the sign-ups begin!!!

Alakazam
10-14-2004, 03:59 AM
Heh, sounds like fun. Sign me up! :P

*starts building his deck*

Jet
10-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Hmm, I'll sign up ^^ Lol, we're having a tournament even while being in gold's tournament =P

Alakazam
10-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Hmm, I'll sign up ^^ Lol, we're having a tournament even while being in gold's tournament =P

Yeah, but this is a real tourney, while gold's is an RP.

Jet
10-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but this is a real tourney, while gold's is an RP.

Okay... so duel... where? YVD?

Manjoume Jun
10-14-2004, 12:46 PM
I would normally suggest using YVD, but I can't guarantee whether two people will be online at the same time, so you're gonna' have to just PM your decks to me so that I can monitor the cards being used as the duel commences.

Sadly, that means that the duels will have to take place in this here forum, which may seem a little slow, but I can't think of a much more effective way of holding them.

If only there wasn't such thing as a time difference, :oops:

Kenny_C.002
10-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Sure. I can arrange a meeting with Jet or Brian, so it's alright if we're facing each other. lol

Pidgeot79
10-14-2004, 08:23 PM
I haven't played YVD in a long time.I'l join,but I don't want to RP just YVD.

Manjoume Jun
10-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Righty then, well, I'll leave the decision up to you.

If you can arrange a duel with your opponent with YVD, then you may do so, but if not, then I'll set up a thread either way, just in case.

If you do duel over YVD then I'd like one of the duelists to PM me a log of what happened, that is every single action made.

Basically, just copy and paste the little chat box at the bottom, just to make sure that nothing went as it shouldn't have, lol.

Well, you're both in, now for 4 more.

Jet
10-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Umm. ahh... YVD?

yeah... remember TIME DIFFERENCE... I'm 12 hrs. ahead on most of you there XD

Pidgeot79
10-18-2004, 02:36 AM
Is this going to 2/3 (best 2 out of 3) .Or just one duel.I prefer 2/3.

Manjoume Jun
10-20-2004, 10:08 AM
As I stated in the original post, this tournament will merely consist of single duels, because it's going to be hard enough to actually get a single duel done than it will be to actually get round to going through either 2 or 3.

Anyways, unless 4 more people show interest in this, it doesn't look as if it will even kick off, *sigh*

So, quick overview to add on to the original post...

- These duels will take place either:
- - on YVD, where I will require a log of the entire duel, or...
- - in a thread which I will set up in this board, for anyone who doesn't have YVD, or can't be bothered to use it

- These duels will be singular duels, not matches, so no side decks required

Um, that's about it, lol.

Well, hope more people join!

Archmage Devin
11-10-2004, 02:56 AM
Interesting. Sounds like fun. Sign me up. I'll go ahead and PM the deck here in a bit. Those who are familiar with the guy in my ava may already know what kindof deck I run. >.> <.<

That is... if this thing is still going on. I didn't realize that this was a month old since it was still so close to the top. >.> <.<

Alakazam
11-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Question: Is there a new STABLE version of YVD out now...because the last time I tried to get it, the only available download was a beta version, and it doesn't work correctly on my system.

BlazikenInferno
11-11-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm game, but I'd rather not download YVD if I don't have to. My mom and dad weren't perticularly happy when I downloaded NetBattle so I don't want to push it any more.

Raine
11-13-2004, 05:01 PM
I'll join as long as I don't have to use YVD.

Battousai
11-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Same here, YVD keeps messing up for me, so yah, sign me up! could we do AIM? and we can copy + paste it?

Manjoume Jun
12-03-2004, 03:09 AM
Okay, we have 8 people now, and due to conflicting interests as to how these duels are gone through, I'm going to have to ask each of you to post here with your preferred method of dueling out of the following:

1 - AIM
2 - YVD
3 - The forum

Just post with your choice, and I'll work something out.

But aside from that, sign-ups are now officially CLOSED!

EDIT: I have edited the first post to update it with any recent changes and such.

Archmage Devin
12-03-2004, 06:14 PM
AIM works best for this for me. forums would take forever and I don't want to have to dl a program for this.

BlazikenInferno
12-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I don't want to download YVD, but I don't have AIM. I could duel on MSN Messanger but since that's not and option, and because I'd rather not, I choose to do it on the forums.