PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I've got Sp. Attack EV's maxed out....

Legend Master
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I have a Darkrai and I just maxed out it's Sp. Attack EV's.
I'm about to give it more EV's now. It gained 7 Sp. Attack each level often
when Sp. Attack EV training. Now that I'm gonna give it more EV's, but not in sp. attack cause
it's maxed out, will sp. attack still go up 6 or 7? Will EV training in a different stat lower
the amount sp. attack it gains?

I'm about to max out it's speed(special sweeper, that's what Darkrai's for!), but will
the amount of Sp. Attack it gains go lower? :confused:

Legend Master
06-06-2007, 08:52 PM
PLEASE HELP ME! I've posted in the Q&A Thread and made my own thread but no one wants to help! Please, I don't want to mess my Darkrai up! :sad:

Mysticjason
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
No, it won't constantly go up by 6 or 7. It will slow down soon and probably go up by 3 or 4.

And special attack will still go up by the same amount no matter what EV you give it.

Legend Master
06-06-2007, 09:05 PM
No, it won't constantly go up by 6 or 7. It will slow down soon and probably go up by 3 or 4.

And special attack will still go up by the same amount no matter what EV you give it.

If it'll go up the same no matter what EV I give it, what's the point of EV training?
I don't understand, I need help... :confused:

MagmarMan
06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
If it'll go up the same no matter what EV I give it, what's the point of EV training?
I don't understand, I need help... :confused:

After you have given it the sp. atk EVs, then it'll go up no matter what.

Mysticjason
06-06-2007, 09:09 PM
It already went up by 6 and 7 while you were EV training right?

If you didn't EV train it, it will likely only go up by 3 or 4 all the way. Therefore, you definitely will have more Sp. Attack points. :)

By what I meant, no matter what other EVs you will give Darkrai (whether it's speed, defence, etc.), it special attack will still be high because you already maxed it out. It won't go down because you use rest of the EVs on speed.

Legend Master
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
After you have given it the sp. atk EVs, then it'll go up no matter what.

That's what I thought, does that mean it'll always go up 6 and 7 since it still has the EV's?

It already went up by 6 and 7 while you were EV training right?

If you didn't EV train it, it will likely only go up by 3 or 4 all the way. Therefore, you definitely will have more Sp. Attack points. :)

Looks like I'm seeing two different points of view. I see what you're saying, but if it maxes out and you can't get anymore, does it have to go up by 3 or 4 later?

But that would only be a few extra points, therefor almost impossible to max the actual
stat out. My Darkrai has Quiet nature, the second best from Modest in my opinion. So
I'm looking forward to getting it's Sp. Attack quite high. ^_^

Mysticjason
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Usually while you're EV training stats go up much higher than usual when you level up. It won't go up 6 or 7 until lvl. 100. Otherwise, Darkrai will have like 600 special attack! @.@

It may still go up by say 5 or maybe even 6 ocassionally, but most of time, 3 or 4.

By fully EV training in sp. attack, you will eventually get about 63 extra points in that stats when you reach lvl. 100. (than if you didn't EV train)

Legend Master
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Usually while you're EV training stats go up much higher than usual when you level up. It won't go up 6 or 7 until lvl. 100. Otherwise, Darkrai will have like 600 special attack! @.@

It will still go up by say 5 or maybe even 6 ocassionally, but most of time, 3 or 4.

By fully EV training in sp. attack, you will eventually get about 63 extra points in that stats when you reach lvl. 100. (than if you didn't EV train)

Ah, ok. Thanks for explaining it more clearly. I like the 600 special attack lol.
I started EV training in other stats and he's going up 5 in special attack. :cool:

Pokemaniac28
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Lmao, darkrai will not have 600 sp. attack, no pokemon ever will. His max is 405 with a perfect IV which i doubt you have.

Legend Master
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Lmao, darkrai will not have 600 sp. attack, no pokemon ever will. His max is 405 with a perfect IV which i doubt you have.

I was joking. :O
I just said I liked his idea of Darkrai with 600 Special Attack. Would
you really think I went off to EV train Darkrai without knowing what his
max stats are? :rolleyes: