PDA

View Full Version : Help W/ Sandstorm Team

jmag
06-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok so i always wanted to make a Sandstorm team. I found out that Sandstorm raises sp. def of partys pokemon as well as the hit per turn.

I also just found out Steel/Rock and Ground types are all safe, so i was looking around and the hardest part of making this team is picking just 6, since so many pokemon would fit great into it.

The six ive chosen are:

Bronzong
Tyranitar
Cacturne
Camperut
Swampert
Garchomp

Now with this team the main thing for me was to have Bronzong use Trick Room so that the rest of my slow (but strong) team would be going first every round. The only thing is that i would be relying so much on Trick Room that if i didnt work id pretty much be screwed.

Another problem i was having was the choices, Bronzong vs. Claydol, Swampert vs. Empoleon, Cacturne vs Gliscor. I also wanted to work Magnezone in there. The thing was figuring out the move sets for each that would compliment my team and get rid of there main weaknesses of water/grass. I dont want to get all into movesets since i had most figured out but any suggestions on the team would be very helpful.

Cybernetic Ghost
06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Eh, I may make movesets later, but I'd probably go with something like

Agil-Gross
Skarmory
Swampert
Tyranitar
Rhyperion
Magnezone/Garchomp

Not a big fan of the SS Team, but it works.

Agilgross is a GREAT starter. Skarm is one of/the best spiker/stealth rocker probably. Rhyperion is good, and gets a great boost from sandstorm. The rest is obvious.

jmag
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Bronzong
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray
-Hypnosis

Tyranitar
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance

Cacturne
-Teeter Dance
-Needle Arm
-Sucker Punch
-Sandstorm

Camperut
-Earthquake
-Heat Wave
-Earth Power
-Protect

Swampert
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake
-Endure
-Avalanche

Garchomp
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Sword Dance

The item thing im kind of a noob about, but i do the training with items like Power Lens and things like that, the items on each pokemon just always gets me. Also im not sure what my team is missing but i know what my weaknesses are. Pokemon i thought of incorporating:

Claydol
Empoleon
Cradily
Magnezone
Lucario
Nidoking
Gliscor
Mamoswine
Torterra

Just looking for suggestions now.

Mysticjason
06-07-2007, 04:02 PM
You might want to try using Rhyperior because Rhyperior is a monster. It doesn't have great special defence, but sandstorm will boost it.

The Jr Trainer
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
You should have 1 more that know SS.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
You could put the Sandstorm boosting item on one of them as well. How well is Sp. Def boosted from sandstorm anyways? That's new to me but yeah Tyranitar and Garchomp can't leave because they are just to good I would probably use Empoleon over Swampert myself though. I wouldn't recomend 2 ground moves on Swampert either or Endure to be honest.

jmag
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Well with Trick Room it would make everyone thats slower, go first.

so with Swampert the idea is that he just hits hard with Muddy Eater or EQ. I wasnt sure what other moves to put but Endure would be good for his ability, then if hes gonna be going first a double muddy water with the boost would be bad.

Cacturne would have SS and so would Tyranitar who would be thrown out first.