PDA

View Full Version : Wifi trading problem - please offer advice!

Banrai
06-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Myself as well as several friends are having trouble connecting with one another to trade pokemon. When one of us tries to offer the trade, it either times out (giving the user is busy / failed to respond message) and more often than not disconnects the user that was applying for the trade.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any fixes for it?

Right now I connect through wireless, not using the Wifi attachment. I don't have any trouble using the GTS or connecting to the friends trading area, I only ever have problems when trying to actually connect with a friend. My DS is the only thing in the house that runs on wireless, everything else is wired through a separate router. We've tried resetting the router, restarting it, leaving it unplugged for a while, and even beating it against the wall a little. Nothing seems to work. We don't have any kind of firewall or port blocking, either.

Is this a common occurrence with people? Other friends of mine have no issues trading at all, and then some are having the same problems as me.

HaniKazmi
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Myself as well as several friends are having trouble connecting with one another to trade pokemon. When one of us tries to offer the trade, it either times out (giving the user is busy / failed to respond message) and more often than not disconnects the user that was applying for the trade.

Right now I connect through wireless, not using the Wifi attachment. I don't have any trouble using the GTS or connecting to the friends trading area, I only ever have problems when trying to actually connect with a friend. My DS is the only thing in the house that runs on wireless, everything else is wired through a separate router. We've tried resetting the router, restarting it, leaving it unplugged for a while, and even beating it against the wall a little. Nothing seems to work. We don't have any kind of firewall or port blocking, either.

Is this a common occurrence with people? Other friends of mine have no issues trading at all, and then some are having the same problems as me.
are you trying to charge? or is the battery power running out? it doesn't work if any of those things is happening

Banrai
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I've tried it both with the charger plugged in and without. Right now, when we were trying, It's unplugged and with a full charge. :/

Pokemaniac28
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM

Hold on are you going in the union room since your close by, if not then probably you cant connect to wifi with people using the same connection.

Banrai
06-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Hold on are you going in the union room since your close by, if not then probably you cant connect to wifi with people using the same connection.

No, I'm connecting from home and no other people are using the wifi right now, as I said before my DS is the only thing that the Wifi is there for. Unless the union room is a place in the game, in that instance I have no idea what you mean so could you please explain further.