PDA

View Full Version : Turnback Cave

Tabbloza
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I am not sure if there's already a guide on this, but if there is please tell me so I can delete this. If anything isn't correct, tell me what to fix.

Turnback Cave
Turnback Cave is a confusing cave that is home to the legendary Pokemon, Giratina. You can also find items here after beating or capturing Giratina. Most people will say that the cave is entirely random. The rooms are, but there is a way to get through without being lost.

Getting to Turnback Cave
After beating the Elite Four, a new path will open: the Spring Path. It's located south of Veilstone City. You must bring a Pokemon that knows Rock Climb, otherwise you can get to the cave. It's also helpful, but not necessary, to have a Pokemon that knows Rock Smash and Defog. Also, make sure your Pokemon can beat a ton of level 50-70's, because repels don't work here. And if you're unlucky like me, those wild Pokemon will keep popping up.

When you get on Spring Path, use Rock Climb to scale the cliff, then go around the water, and Rock Climb down. Go into the cave.

Getting Through Turnback Cave
As you enter, read the writing at the beginning. It says something about going past 3 pillar without exceeding 30. This means you must go through three rooms with pillars in them before you reach the end. You won't get to the end if you went through more than 30 rooms (I'm not sure what happens, I suppose you just keep wandering forever or go back to the start.) If you want out of the cave, just enter a room and then go right back through where you entered; it'll lead you to where you started. Other than that, every room you go in is random. In the rooms with pillars, the pillars will have the number of pillars you've past and how many rooms you've been in. If this is your first time in the cave, after you get past 3 pillars, the next room should have Giratina in it. Don't worry about missing him, he's pretty obvious. I'm not going to help you with catching it, because all I did was throw a Master Ball. If you've already caught Giratina before, there should be an item in his place instead.

Now you should be able to make your way out, with your new Giratina and/or item in hand. :)

ASHv7
06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I am not sure if there's already a guide on this, but if there is please tell me so I can delete this. If anything isn't correct, tell me what to fix.

Turnback Cave
Turnback Cave is a confusing cave that is home to the legendary Pokemon, Giratina. You can also find items here after beating or capturing Giratina. Most people will say that the cave is entirely random. The rooms are, but there is a way to get through without being lost.

Getting to Turnback Cave
After beating the Elite Four, a new path will open: the Spring Path. It's located south of Veilstone City. You must bring a Pokemon that knows Rock Climb, otherwise you can get to the cave. It's also helpful, but not necessary, to have a Pokemon that knows Rock Smash and Defog. Also, make sure your Pokemon can beat a ton of level 50-70's, because repels don't work here. And if you're unlucky like me, those wild Pokemon will keep popping up.

When you get on Spring Path, use Rock Climb to scale the cliff, then go around the water, and Rock Climb down. Go into the cave.

Getting Through Turnback Cave
As you enter, read the writing at the beginning. It says something about going past 3 pillar without exceeding 30. This means you must go through three rooms with pillars in them before you reach the end. You won't get to the end if you went through more than 30 rooms (I'm not sure what happens, I suppose you just keep wandering forever or go back to the start.) If you want out of the cave, just enter a room and then go right back through where you entered; it'll lead you to where you started. Other than that, every room you go in is random. In the rooms with pillars, the pillars will have the number of pillars you've past and how many rooms you've been in. If this is your first time in the cave, after you get past 3 pillars, the next room should have Giratina in it. Don't worry about missing him, he's pretty obvious. I'm not going to help you with catching it, because all I did was throw a Master Ball. If you've already caught Giratina before, there should be an item in his place instead.

Now you should be able to make your way out, with your new Giratina and/or item in hand. :)
lol i just keep goin tho 1 door and i got out

haffeysucks
06-07-2007, 10:24 PM
The door/number thing is very confusing (in all the guides I've looked at lol). I just kept on running through random doors.:razz:

Hyper Blaze
06-08-2007, 02:58 AM
I have I plan for catching it. You'll need a Gengar/Driftblim, Some Dusk Balls, and a normal type. First, you put gengar/Dritblim with Shadow Ball and Thunder Wave on top. you use Thunder wave and then Shadow Ball until it's HP is low. and keep throwing dusk balls. If it about to use Shadow Force, switch out to a normal type and then swich back.

Draxai
06-14-2007, 02:04 AM
is there any important items worth picking up? not sure if i got em.

TheEvilDookie
06-14-2007, 02:08 AM
I just walked up staright through the door at the top and in a minute i found him...

haffeysucks
06-14-2007, 02:17 AM
I just walked up staright through the door at the top and in a minute i found him...

That's what my friend did. He didn't have a Pokemon with Defog at the moment so he just kept running straight.

charmeleonblaze
06-15-2007, 07:52 PM
I have I plan for catching it. You'll need a Gengar/Driftblim, Some Dusk Balls, and a normal type. First, you put gengar/Dritblim with Shadow Ball and Thunder Wave on top. you use Thunder wave and then Shadow Ball until it's HP is low. and keep throwing dusk balls. If it about to use Shadow Force, switch out to a normal type and then swich back.

I just used Roar of Time to get it down to red and threw a couple of Dusk Balls, simple.

Hughes
06-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Put the Smoke Ball on the Pokemon first in your party. That's what got me through ^_^ And a Master Ball form my FireRed Version.

OrexxerO
06-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Also im pretty sure that Giratina is only catchable after getting the national dex. Not after beating the elite four.

Poring
06-17-2007, 03:33 AM
is there any important items worth picking up? not sure if i got em.

Reaper Cloth, which evolves Dusclops, can be obtained by getting to Giratina's Room in three rooms. That means every room you enter must be a pillar room.

haffeysucks
06-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Reaper Cloth, which evolves Dusclops, can be obtained by getting to Giratina's Room in three rooms. That means every room you enter must be a pillar room.

Anything else? I already got the Reaper's Cloth.

Murkrow Mistress
07-20-2007, 03:43 AM
When you exceed 30 rooms without finding the three Pillar Chambers, the next room you walk into will be the Main Chamber, and your 'pillar hunt score' is reset.

Tsunami
07-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Does no one understand the simple context of Repels THEY ONLY REPEL POKEMON AT LOWER LEVEL THAN THE POKMONE FIRST IN YOUR PARTY OR EGUAL TO .... stupid people....we need a cure >.<

kill_shot
07-20-2007, 04:26 AM
When you exceed 30 rooms without finding the three Pillar Chambers, the next room you walk into will be the Main Chamber, and your 'pillar hunt score' is reset.

It's easy.

go up until you reach the first pillar room. Read it. Out of the numbers it's the lowest common denominator I believe.
1=up
2=right
3=down
4=left

Mistyfan122
07-20-2007, 08:41 PM
To get through all I did was go straight ahead. I don't think that always works though.

ovi_one
07-20-2007, 11:10 PM
i went into this cave and very randomly found giratina in less than 2 minutes. i took a couple of turns and didnt know where i was going and all of a sudden i found giratina XD

Murkrow Mistress
07-26-2007, 01:45 AM
It's easy.

go up until you reach the first pillar room. Read it. Out of the numbers it's the lowest common denominator I believe.
1=up
2=right
3=down
4=left
I wasn't giving you a surefire way. I was just telling all those people who can't wait to get their Dusk Balls on Giratina.

Sunder
07-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Honestly, I just randomly ran through doors until I got to Giratina. :oops:

It only took 8 minutes.

Jerrett
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
before you battle Giratina, it looks HUGE! thats like the biggest legendary pokemon you see before you battle it. or is regigias bigger >.<