PDA

View Full Version : Natures?

cacatua
06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey i was thinking why do everry one wants specifical natures on trades is a litlle pointless to me:ermm:

Subside
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey i was thinking why do everry one wants specifical natures on trades is a litlle pointless to me:ermm:
Because natures effect the stats of the Pokémon, for example the Adamant nature increases attack but lowers but lowers Special attack. That nature would be better on Physical attackers rather than Special attackers which is why people ask for certain natures.

Drift
06-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Natures affect many stats of Pokemon.
To me, it's not important.
What is important is what your Pokemon likes to do.
Every notice the sentence above the food it likes?
An example would be "Likes to thrash about."
That also affects a certain Stat, maybe even more than Natures.
To me, Natures aren't important, but those sentences are. (I'm not quite sure what they are.)
But people ask for them in trades because most people are power hungry and want to win every single battle they are drawn into. :confused: But you're not alone, it's pointless to me, too. :wink:

Mysticjason
06-07-2007, 08:50 PM
By having good natures, you will have stronger Pokemons. For example, modest will give you 10% increase in special attack, but lower attack.

You wouldn't want Alakazam to use physical attacks anyway, so you should go with modest (or possibly timid)

Phantom Kat
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
For further example:

Porygon-Z has a super high Special Attack so you want to abuse it as much as possible, right? So a perfect nature for Porygon-Z would be Modest: +Sp. Attack -Attack. It will give you a slight edge on battlers, especially if you want to do competetive battling.

Mysticjason
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Natures affect many stats of Pokemon.
To me, it's not important.
What is important is what your Pokemon likes to do.
Every notice the sentence above the food it likes?
An example would be "Likes to thrash about."
That also affects a certain Stat, maybe even more than Natures.
To me, Natures aren't important, but those sentences are. (I'm not quite sure what they are.)
But people ask for them in trades because most people are power hungry and want to win every single battle they are drawn into. :confused: But you're not alone, it's pointless to me, too. :wink:
Those sentences are related to IVs.

My Tyranitar likes to Thrash about, which means its attack IVs is probably the higher than other IVs. If it was high curious, it will likely have a good special attack IVs, etc.