PDA

View Full Version : old item duplication cheat?

Draxai
06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
im considering buying fire red/ leaf green... does the old item duplication trick still work or not? if not i prolly wont get it.

MustangGT
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
if ur asking of the missingno cheat, no it dont work

HaitianBoy420
06-07-2007, 11:35 PM
im considering buying fire red/ leaf green... does the old item duplication trick still work or not? if not i prolly wont get it.

you would have to get action replay to get ur 999 rare candys and etc

Draxai
06-08-2007, 12:50 AM
you would have to get action replay to get ur 999 rare candys and etc
does action replay mess up your game and make it erase and whatnot?

Light Manaphy
06-08-2007, 12:52 AM
does action replay mess up your game and make it erase and whatnot?

Action replay does not erase your game. Gameshark does, so don't use that. If you get Action Replay MAX for the GBA and DS, your game is completely safe.

Draxai
06-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Action replay does not erase your game. Gameshark does, so don't use that. If you get Action Replay MAX for the GBA and DS, your game is completely safe.
oh cool, i might try that you buy it at gamestop or something right? also, how much is it?

AshMistyMayfan
06-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Action Replay sells for 19 or 29 dollars, I don't know which one. Some stores aren't carrying it anymore so better buy it or you'll be like me and wind up ordering it online. I had to get mine from Best Buy online because NOT ONE Best Buy in my area had it, but the one that's 3 hours away from my area did have it.:sad:

Draxai
06-08-2007, 05:55 AM
i think stores like gamestop that sell used games have it... i guess used games is similar to cheat products... :crackup:

HaitianBoy420
06-08-2007, 06:20 AM
GAMESTOP and EB GAMES DO NOT HAVE IT

i work at gamestop..

all store are sold out.. they all sold out when diamond and pearl came out

and my manager was telling me that gamestop and eb will not recieve any more shipments of action replays..

ur best bet is buying it online at www.bestbuy.com

Draxai
06-08-2007, 02:44 PM
GAMESTOP and EB GAMES DO NOT HAVE IT

i work at gamestop..

all store are sold out.. they all sold out when diamond and pearl came out

and my manager was telling me that gamestop and eb will not recieve any more shipments of action replays..

ur best bet is buying it online at www.bestbuy.com
dang it, thats such a pain! i gotta get my parents credit card or soemthing what a waste.

Zigzagoon22
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Go to the LG/FR forum.

Draxai
06-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Go to the LG/FR forum.
what of it, i went there, whaddya want me to look at?

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 06:58 PM
A) Wrong forum.
B) Action Replay DOES mess up your game. Any cheating device that f***s with the code will mess up your game eventually.
C) If you Action Replay/Game Shark your game, you can no longer participate in Nintendo Events or Tournaments, because Nintendo can detect when you cheat your game. Furthermore, if your game interacts with any other game and gives cheated items, the game also cannot participate in Nintendo Events or Tournaments.

That's why you don't need to use Action Replay... ;)

Draxai
06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
A) Wrong forum.
B) Action Replay DOES mess up your game. Any cheating device that f***s with the code will mess up your game eventually.
C) If you Action Replay/Game Shark your game, you can no longer participate in Nintendo Events or Tournaments, because Nintendo can detect when you cheat your game. Furthermore, if your game interacts with any other game and gives cheated items, the game also cannot participate in Nintendo Events or Tournaments.

That's why you don't need to use Action Replay... ;)
oh, wow, well too bad im not caring because if i cheat i get those stuff from the events anyways... lol

scottie9
06-08-2007, 07:35 PM
how can they detect that?

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
oh, wow, well too bad im not caring because if i cheat i get those stuff from the events anyways... lol
Yes, but if you share your cheated spoils with anyone, you're screw with their game too. You also can't participate in any Nintendo Events or Tournaments.

But if you want to screw with your game, go ahead.
how can they detect that?

They have machines that scan the cartridges to check to see if the code's right and if the Pokemon ID Numbers, locations, and IV's add up.

The Jr Trainer
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Well if it is not in Yellow how is it going to be in Fire Red. It is not

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Well if it is not in Yellow how is it going to be in Fire Red. It is not

I'm sorry, but your post made no sense whatsoever... Yellow version and Fire Red version have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and glitches weren't transferred over to the remake (unfortunately).

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm sorry, but your post made no sense whatsoever... Yellow version and Fire Red version have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and glitches weren't transferred over to the remake (unfortunately).

Wow, rust, I never knew such things! Aww, I think someone traded me a cheated Pokemon as an extra Pokemon (2 on 1 trade)

Urrgh, that sucks. :sad:

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow, rust, I never knew such things! Aww, I think someone traded me a cheated Pokemon as an extra Pokemon (2 on 1 trade)

Urrgh, that sucks. :sad:

Its why you always need to be careful when trading. I am not sure though if the AR/GS cheated Pokemon screwing with the game thing happens over GTS or not, but that is what happened in the 3rd Gen, which, I am assuming, carries over to the 4th Gen.

Royal Pichu
06-08-2007, 11:06 PM
could u add codes to the action replay?