PDA

View Full Version : FIFA U-20 2007 World Cup Canada.

Xalapeno
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I know I'm rather late for this but it's still fun to watch future soccer players.
I'm talking about the U-20 soccer world cup, where soon-to-be athletes represent their countries. I didn't really get to watch these games, so help would be wonderful.:oops:

http://re3.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3209003779

FINALS

http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/2867197460Czech Republic VS Argentinahttp://re3.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2243886457
1 - 2

Argentina wins this tournament just as I expected.:susp:
They are unstopable those Argentinians(My word for them).

silent pokemon master
06-09-2007, 12:29 PM
And where can you see it in the Uk >.<

Legendary Wolf
06-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm rooting for USA here and they look like they have a good chance so far. :P.

Xalapeno
06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
And where can you see it in the Uk >.<

I actually don't know, but if you could tell me by finding out, then I'll post it up there for more convenience. (I don't live in the U.K.:oops:)

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-09-2007, 12:53 PM
It seems Canada and Mexico are kinda... Tied! :eek:

OMFG, but Canada is so much better? How can this happen? Canadian pride!!! :wink:

Canada's standings must have surprised you eh Overkill? Eh? Eh? Eh? :eh:

Shdw_Tamwyn
06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Meh... GO USA!!!

JohtoTrainer
06-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Domination by the United States. Not even allowing a single goal in group play.

Pooka
06-16-2007, 03:54 PM
No offence but the Gold Cup is a really low standard tournament especially with teams like El Salvador, I'm sure most people could guess either Mexico or the US are going to win.

Xalapeno
06-17-2007, 03:36 PM
No offence but the Gold Cup is a really low standard tournament especially with teams like El Salvador, I'm sure most people could guess either Mexico or the US are going to win.

Hi Pooka, I haven't seen you in.......days/weeks.

Well, I agree with you but on the other hand playing against World Class Teams like Mexico and the U.S. could help the others. Take for Example Mexico losing to Honduras.
They must've been practicing really hard to pull it off. (I think it's because of the Red Card we got.) We're also missing our Star Player Rafa Marquez.:susp:

P.S.
I didn't update this anymore cause I saw no one posted/looked at it, but I guess I could start updating again.:susp:

Legendary Wolf
06-17-2007, 03:39 PM

Well, I agree with you but on the other hand playing against World Class Teams like Mexico and the U.S. could help the others. Take for Example Mexico losing to Honduras.
They must've been practicing really hard to pull it off. (I think it's because of the Red Card we got.) We're also missing our Star Player Rafa Marquez.:susp:

P.S.
I didn't update this anymore cause I saw no one posted/looked at it, but I guess I could start updating again.:susp:

I'm still watching so you know.

Pooka
06-17-2007, 04:39 PM

P.S.

Yeah I've been away for a while.

Yeah I agree, I'm all in favour of the so called lesser nations taking on some of the big teams as it certainly does give them experience and helps them improve, that however doesn't disguise the fact that the tournament is below par. Also you're right on the fact that big important players such as Marquez are missing because the european leagues have only just come to an end and again this lowers the standards of the football being played at the tournament.

Stardy
06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Sure the final 4 have U.S.A, Mexico and canada, but Im rooting for the underdogs, Guadeloupe!
............Dont ask

Xalapeno
06-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh yeah? Thats.......new.

I'm gonna root for Mexico and Canada, so they get into the Finals.
Guadeloupe.......don't bother playing us, and U.S..........um......I haven't got anything to say cause I'm not Canadian.:ermm:

Oh, I thought of something.

U.S. Team, your evil deceitful ways shall end.:tongue:
Canada shall conquer and move on to the Finals along with Mexico.
From there, they'll be too tired from playing against the U.S. and Mexico shall win.:happy:

Marth
06-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Guadeloupe.......don't bother playing us, and U.S..........um......I haven't got anything to say cause I'm not Canadian.:ermm:

From there, they'll be too tired from playing against the U.S. and Mexico shall win.:happy:
Bah, fue el pendejo de Cuau que se dejó expulsar. México jugó bien contra Costa Rica, contra los demás fue un asco.
Ah, por cierto, no sabía que eras Mexicano.

JohtoTrainer
06-21-2007, 02:26 AM

Canada, beating the US? Right...

Xalapeno
06-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Bah, fue el pendejo de Cuau que se dejó expulsar. México jugó bien contra Costa Rica, contra los demás fue un asco.
Ah, por cierto, no sabía que eras Mexicano.

Hey!, I would've done the same thing if I were him.:oops:
And how didn't you know?
I had the logo of Mexico's national soccer team, and made a Mexican Smily thing in my sig, and I argued stuff about Mexicans a really long time ago.(Before Christmas).
So what are you?

Canada, beating the US? Right...

Your Cheating ways end with the Canadians.:tongue:
GO CANADA!!!!:happy:

JohtoTrainer
06-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Yes, our cheating ways of being the best team in the western hemishpere...that's not Brazil or Argentina. Lol.

Pooka
06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Imo Mexico are far better than USA and as for USA being the best team in the western hemisphere behind Argentina and Brazil, dream on!!!

Legendary Wolf
06-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Has USA vs, Canada been played yet?

Xalapeno
06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes, our cheating ways of being the best team in the western hemishpere...that's not Brazil or Argentina. Lol.

Your forgot Mexico and Canada and most of the other countries in South America.:tongue:
Canada vs U.S should be on.:ermm:

Maybe I read it wrong, I'll double check.:wink:

Edit:
The Canadian victory game shall be played in 1hr.
Go Canada...........So that we the Mexicans can show you true victory during the finals.:tongue:

JohtoTrainer
06-22-2007, 01:51 AM
First of all. Go check the last couple games of USA vs. Mexico. And the US beat Canada 2-1.

I would like to see the teams that are better than the US, that aren't Argentina or Brazil.

Xalapeno
06-22-2007, 03:56 AM
First of all. Go check the last couple games of USA vs. Mexico. And the US beat Canada 2-1.

I would like to see the teams that are better than the US, that aren't Argentina or Brazil.

You clearly cheated and most of the people here would agree with me.:tongue:

History doesn't always repeat itself. Mexico will win this time.:twisted:

Marth
06-22-2007, 05:51 AM

El pez por su propia boca muere.
Y yo fui el primer mexicano en este foro =P

JohtoTrainer
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM

But history does prove that the United States is a better team then Mexico. I see quite a few shut outs by the US against Mexico.

Xalapeno
06-22-2007, 11:37 AM
But history does prove that the United States is a better team then Mexico. I see quite a few shut outs by the US against Mexico.

I know.(You cheat).

If you guys played the way you did, in another country, you'd most likely get jumped by the civilians.(In countries that are South of Mexico):tongue:Maybe Mexico, but they can take punishment.(Take Cuauhtemoc Blanco for example, that guy just wouldn't leave him alone and he lasted a good while. Then he blew his top off and got himself a Red Card.:susp:)<-----I would take that as a message meaning "Don't mess with Mexicans":biggrin:

I just got word that our Star Player, Rafael Marquez might be playing at the finals.
He got hurt playing and hasn't been active for 2 months.(At least that's what I heard.):susp:

Pooka
06-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Mexico - USA in the final, so an easy victory for Mexico then!:biggrin:

Btw Team overkill, Marquez didn't play in the first few games because he was still playing for Barcelona in the la liga.

.AzureLight
06-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Mexico's gonna win.

Xalapeno
06-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Mexico's gonna win.

Yes and remember the 4 word rule.:tongue:

EDIT:
YES!!, the game has started and Mexico has it's ultimate player back.

#4 Rafael Marquez will lead us to victory. :tongue:

Go Mexico!!!

JohtoTrainer
06-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Hm. United States 2 Mexico 1.

I think that means that the United States are the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup Champions...

Wow...what ahppened to that easy victory for Mexico.

Too bad most of our starters aren't even going to play in Copa America.

Xalapeno
06-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Hm. United States 2 Mexico 1.

I think that means that the United States are the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup Champions...

Wow...what happened to that easy victory for Mexico.

Hm, I wonder why during one part of the game a U.S. player kocked a Mexican player in midfield when the referee wasn't looking.:tongue: I can't count how many times the U.S. Players tripped Rafael Marquez plus other players. U.S. = 4 yellow cards. Jeez with the way you guys played there was no way to win.:rolleyes:

Oh, and LOL....no......ROFLMAO when you guys missed 2 goals when there wasn't a Goal Keeper.:crackup::crackup: Seriously it was 2 U.S. Players against the 1 Mexican goal keeper and you MISSED?!?!?!?:eek: Twice? :eh:

Just........wow.

At least it was a good game. Mexico did an O.K. job and did some cheating of their own.
(Thus the 1st goal for the U.S.) during a penalty. I don't know what Oswaldo was thinking when he was dancing during the Penalty.:rolleyes:Kudos to Landon Donovan:clap:

JohtoTrainer
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Hm, I wonder why during one part of the game a U.S. player kocked a Mexican player in midfield when the referee wasn't looking.:tongue: I can't count how many times the U.S. Players tripped Rafael Marquez plus other players. U.S. = 4 yellow cards. Jeez with the way you guys played there was no way to win.:rolleyes:

Oh, and LOL....no......ROFLMAO when you guys missed 2 goals when there wasn't a Goal Keeper.:crackup::crackup: Seriously it was 2 U.S. Players against the 1 Mexican goal keeper and you MISSED?!?!?!?:eek: Twice? :eh:

Just........wow.

At least it was a good game. Mexico did an O.K. job and did some cheating of their own.
(Thus the 1st goal for the U.S.) during a penalty. I don't know what Oswaldo was thinking when he was dancing during the Penalty.:rolleyes:Kudos to Landon Donovan:clap:
That's called physical play. I know most teams in the western hemisphere below the United States aren't used to that. That's just the way the game goes.

Xalapeno
06-26-2007, 02:01 AM
That's called physical play. I know most teams in the western hemisphere below the United States aren't used to that. That's just the way the game goes.

But the guy didn't have the ball. The ball was like 1/4 of the field away.
That should've been a foul.........a yellow card at the least. You're lucky none of the Referees saw it.

Teams below the U.S. are way more physical.
Lots of injuries. I've seen Mexican games, lots of tripping and bumping and stuff.
Just awful. You guys play cleaner games but still some "physical play".:wink:
I don't know how we chose players if they're all like that.

Well, this is all a thing of the past.

Lets move on to the Americas Cup.(Now things really get exciting with S. American countries competing.)

I know Mexico already lost. Our 1st opponent is (The current champs) Brazil.:rolleyes:

JohtoTrainer
06-26-2007, 02:36 AM
That should've been a foul.........a yellow card at the least. You're lucky none of the Referees saw it.

Lots of injuries. I've seen Mexican games, lots of tripping and bumping and stuff.

Lets move on to the Americas Cup.(Now things really get exciting with S. American countries competing.)

I know Mexico already lost. Our 1st opponent is (The current champs) Brazil.:rolleyes:
Well our first opponent is Argentina, the favorites. We are also without Tim Howard, Landon Donavon, DaMarcus Beasley, Clint Dempsey, and Michael Bradley.

Blah. Tough test.

Xalapeno
06-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Well our first opponent is Argentina, the favorites. We are also without Tim Howard, Landon Donavon, DaMarcus Beasley, Clint Dempsey, and Michael Bradley.

Blah. Tough test.

Oooh, that is gonna hurt.
I know Tim is an awesome Goal Keeper and Landon has to be the best player on the team.
Dempsey is like Donovans Sidekick, he's good but not in the same class. Beasley has speed and that's just about it.:ermm:

We've got Rafael Marquez back from FC Barcelona so we should do O.K., I think we'll be missing Jared Borgetti due to that injury in his leg and 3 other players want to leave the team.:sad:You've got it better than us.

Well should I change the name of this thread and add stuff again?
And you can help me too.:happy:You know your stuff and you've made me have fun again on PE2K. It was getting kinda boring. So what do you say Johto Trainer?

JohtoTrainer
06-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Oooh, that is gonna hurt.
I know Tim is an awesome Goal Keeper and Landon has to be the best player on the team.
Dempsey is like Donovans Sidekick, he's good but not in the same class. Beasley has speed and that's just about it.:ermm:

We've got Rafael Marquez back from FC Barcelona so we should do O.K., I think we'll be missing Lozano due to that injury in his leg and 3 other players want to leave the team.:sad:You've got it better than us.

Well should I change the name of this thread and add stuff again?
And you can help me too.:happy:You know your stuff and you've made me have fun again on PE2K. It was getting kinda boring. So what do you say Johto Trainer?
Yeah. Change it. Beasley is good, but still young and his immaturity shows quite a bit.

By the way. YOUR Goalkeeper is dirty.

Xalapeno
06-26-2007, 02:59 AM
OK, I'll change it.

What do you mean our Goal Keeper is dirty?:eh:

pkmn z
06-26-2007, 04:20 AM

Brasil is....... oh i mean brazil is gonna win against mexico. Vamos Brasil a ganar y hacer muchos golazos!!!!!!!!!!!

JohtoTrainer
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
OK, I'll change it.

What do you mean our Goal Keeper is dirty?:eh:
The last friendly between US and Mexico. He tried to slide tackle Eddie Johnson after a goal was scored.

Pooka
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Neither Mexico nor USA are really going to bother with the Copa America fully, they were mainly focusing on the Gold Cup because it gets them a place in the Confederations Cup and the Olympics.

Xalapeno
06-26-2007, 06:31 PM
The last friendly between US and Mexico. He tried to slide tackle Eddie Johnson after a goal was scored.

Oh yeah.:oops:
Well, you know he's a messed up guy.
Dancing around the goal posts when the other guy gets a penalty.:susp:

@ Pooka, yeah but at least they can try and get another cup.
Mexico will hopefully go into the rest of the tournament.

Hey, if countries in the Americas are territories of European countries, shouldn't the Europeans also get to play?

Pooka
06-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey, if countries in the Americas are territories of European countries, shouldn't the Europeans also get to play?

No the European countries never play. Quite often they'll give invites to teams in North America like they've done with Mexico and USA this time but otherwise it's a South American thing.

Xalapeno
06-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I think they should play.
Like to give Brazil some real competition, other than Argentina, U.S and Mexico.

I also wonder if Asia has any cups.
I haven't heard of any.

Pooka
06-26-2007, 06:56 PM
There are lots of good teams in South America, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay etc.

Asia have the Asian Cup and lot of stupid meaningless ones too which are just a way so the rubbish tiny countries can actually win something.

JohtoTrainer
06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I think they should play.
Like to give Brazil some real competition, other than Argentina, U.S and Mexico.

I also wonder if Asia has any cups.
I haven't heard of any.
Brazil is the most undisciplined, unfocused team in the world. Argentina is going to run away with this, that's my opinion. Also, I sense an upset. Either Mexico will beat Brazil. Or The US will beat Argentina.

Pooka
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
The US face a tough task if they want to get to the quarter finals, they've easily got the hardest group and have taken a pretty weak team.

Xalapeno
06-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Brazil is the most undisciplined, unfocused team in the world. Argentina is going to run away with this, that's my opinion. Also, I sense an upset. Either Mexico will beat Brazil. Or The US will beat Argentina.

I wouldn't say that.:ermm:
They're the best country in the world.
I mean seriously, they've held the World Cup more than any other country, they have great players, like Ronaldo who holds the world record for scoring the most goals during the World Cup. Their Players also play in FC Barcelona and the Real Madrid.

Lately, there's been something wrong with all the teams.

I also sense that upset. Weird isn't it?

Legendary Wolf
06-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Wowzers Peru beat Uruguay I sense some upsets.

AshMistyMayfan
06-27-2007, 12:39 AM
I'm rooting for USA here and they look like they have a good chance so far. :P.

US has blundered fairly badly in huge events, they better shake out of this funk they're in. I hope the US does better then last time.

JohtoTrainer
06-27-2007, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't say that.:ermm:
They're the best country in the world.
I mean seriously, they've held the World Cup more than any other country, they have great players, like Ronaldo who holds the world record for scoring the most goals during the World Cup. Their Players also play in FC Barcelona and the Real Madrid.

Lately, there's been something wrong with all the teams.

I also sense that upset. Weird isn't it?
Did you see what they did in Germany? They all partied all night. Every night. They weren't focused, and they blew it.

And Ash, if the US blows it this time. It's because they're missing four of their best and most experienced players.

pkmn z
06-28-2007, 06:04 AM
Damn it Brazil lost. Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Ze Roberto they were not playing, and they are not playing in the cup:susp:. the only two good players were Robinho and Julio Baptista i think but oh well. the next match ill be watching will be Argentina
vs USA im rooting for Argentina

Did you see what they did in Germany? They all partied all night. Every night. They weren't focused, and they blew it.
lol

Xalapeno
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Damn it Brazil lost. Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Ze Roberto they were not playing, and they are not playing in the cup:susp:. the only two good players were Robinho and Julio Baptista i think but oh well. the next match ill be watching will be Argentina

Man, I seriously thought Mexico was gonna lose.
Now they've just beaten the defenders of the Cup and seeing as how they're the hardest team in the tournament, Mexico might just win this.:cool:

The Doctor
06-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Man, I seriously thought Mexico was gonna lose.
Now they've just beaten the defenders of the Cup and seeing as how they're the hardest team in the tournament, Mexico might just win this.:cool:

I hope Mexico wins this tournament if they don't I'll go nuts! :goofy:

Pooka
06-28-2007, 09:21 PM

lol

Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Ze Roberto have been retired from international football since last year.

Big upset, well done Mexico.

Xalapeno
06-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Ze Roberto have been retired from international football since last year.

Yeah, Mexico may have lost to the U.S, during the Gold Cup, but they won't have to worry about the U.S.
Argentina will help us.........or at least try.:susp:

Say, what happened to Ronaldinho? Same thing?

Pooka
06-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, Mexico may have lost to the U.S, during the Gold Cup, but they won't have to worry about the U.S.
Argentina will help us.........or at least try.:susp:

Say, what happened to Ronaldinho? Same thing?

He's being rested as he's only just finished a long season with Barcelona. Plus Dunga, the Brazil coach, doesn't like him.

pkmn z
06-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Maybe Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos but not Ze roberto http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=540315.html#ze+roberto+back+bavaria

Pooka
06-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Maybe Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos but not Ze roberto http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=540315.html#ze+roberto+back+bavaria

Well he's retired from international football and ain't coming back.

Ze Roberto's latest German adventure has come at a price, however. After earning a total of 86 caps, the father of three has called time on his career with the Seleção in order to focus fully on his club football.

"I believe my time as a Brazil player has come to an end. It's time to give younger players a chance," declared the man named in the All-Star team after the showcase tournament in Germany last summer. That decision pleased Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness: "Our opinion is that it's not good for a player who's already a little older to be flying across the Atlantic five or six times a year."

Xalapeno
06-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Holy Cows man.

Paraguay beat Columbia 5 - 0?
That's not right.
Anyone wanna clear this up?
All the good countries are losing and the bad ones(No offense fellow mexicans) are winning.:eek:

Does Argentina await the same fate when it faces the U.S.?
(I'll watch the game and see for myself):tongue:

EDIT:
Apparantly, Argentina didn't have the same fate as the previouus other countries.

Argentina wins 4 to 1.:happy:

JohtoTrainer
06-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Holy Cows man.

Paraguay beat Columbia 5 - 0?
That's not right.
Anyone wanna clear this up?
All the good countries are losing and the bad ones(No offense fellow mexicans) are winning.:eek:

Does Argentina await the same fate when it faces the U.S.?
(I'll watch the game and see for myself):tongue:

EDIT:
Apparantly, Argentina didn't have the same fate as the previouus other countries.

Argentina wins 4 to 1.:happy:
That's because basically our reserves are playing. If we had more of our starters, it might have been atleast a little closer. :P

Pooka
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
That's because basically our reserves are playing. If we had more of our starters, it might have been atleast a little closer. :P

You probably would have done worse actually, all the first team players'd be exhausted after playing the whole Gold Cup.

Jack of Clovers
07-01-2007, 09:59 AM

Doubtful. Argentina has always had skillful players, as it showed in the game. And they were using a few backups as well. Even without some of the better players, US had nothing to show for in that game.

~Jack~

Xalapeno
07-09-2007, 12:41 AM
I finally updated the 1st post because I finally caught up with stuff.:rolleyes:
Kinda late though.

*Sarcasm*Anyways, I can't wait for mexico to lose to Argentina*End of Sarcasm*
Hopefully we win though and move on to the finals but I doubt it.
At least we had good games.:happy:

pkmn z
07-09-2007, 04:13 AM
I want Brazil and Argentina in the finals. i cant belive that Brazil are in the semis:eek: and Robinho with 6 golazos woooooooootttt!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack of Clovers
07-09-2007, 08:17 PM
I finally updated the 1st post because I finally caught up with stuff.:rolleyes:
Kinda late though.

*Sarcasm*Anyways, I can't wait for mexico to lose to Argentina*End of Sarcasm*
Hopefully we win though and move on to the finals but I doubt it.
At least we had good games.:happy:
Mexico and Argentina have been the best two teams in the Americas Cup, and this Wednesday shall be a great game. And I know Argentina will walk away with the victory. They continue to play a great passing game. :cool:

Brazil vs. Uraguay - too easy. Brazil should win, even though they haven't played too well throughout the cup. Either Mexico or Argentina will be able to beat them in the finals.

~Jack~

Xalapeno
07-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Brazil vs. Uraguay - too easy. Brazil should win, even though they haven't played too well throughout the cup. Either Mexico or Argentina will be able to beat them in the finals.

~Jack~
Mexico already beat Brazil 2 - 0
They were together in Group B.
Amazing though, that Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina all beat their opponents by at least 5 points.:eek:
I still think Argentina beat my team.:cry:
Hopefully though, we take them by surprise like we did against Brazil.:happy:

The Doctor
07-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Mexico has been undefeated so far... I hope they win this Wednesday.

Xalapeno
07-11-2007, 03:19 AM
WOW!!, Who would of thought that penmalties would decide who moved on?
Brazil wins with 5 Penalties over Uruguays 4.:cool:

Now, for Argentina VS Mexico.:biggrin:

Diesel 34
07-11-2007, 04:49 AM
I have to say I don't know who will win the next game.

pkmn z
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
WOW!!, Who would of thought that penmalties would decide who moved on?
Brazil wins with 5 Penalties over Uruguays 4.:cool:

Now, for Argentina VS Mexico.:biggrin:

That was close, for a second or two i thought Brazil was going to lost:eek: And now lets go Argentina a ganarrrrrr:razz:

Legendary Wolf
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I wanted Uruguay to win so badly, even though that was a great game, I will kill myself if I don't get to watch today's game D:.

Xalapeno
07-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I wanted Uruguay to win so badly, even though that was a great game, I will kill myself if I don't get to watch today's game D:.

No Killy yourself.:naughty:
I tell you when game starts
*looks at TV*
GAME IS STARTING!!!:surp:

Let's Go Mexico.
I Predict a 3 - 2 win by Mexico.:tongue:
Lets see how close I am.:clap:

pkmn z
07-12-2007, 01:50 AM
It's half time and Argentina is winning 0 - 1

Edit: The game is now 0 - 3 Argentina winning WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

Xalapeno
07-12-2007, 02:54 AM
This is worse than the World Cup.
Which was Mexico 1 - Argentina 2.
Now all 3 points go to Argentina and we get zip?:eh:
Those Darned mexicans:naughty: You should've practiced more, I guess Argentina will always be greater than us.:cry:
Just for that, I hope brazil wins.

pkmn z
07-12-2007, 02:58 AM
This is worse than the World Cup.
Which was Mexico 1 - Argentina 2.
Now all 3 points go to Argentina and we get zip?:eh:
Those Darned mexicans:naughty: You should've practiced more, I guess Argentina will always be greater than us.:cry:
Just for that, I hope brazil wins.
Yeah me too but not for that. Mexico still have a chance for third place against Uruguay

Xalapeno
07-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Yeah me too but not for that. Mexico still have a chance for third place against Uruguay

Yeah, but they aren't going to try to get 3rd place, they'd BETTER GET 3rd place.:Twisted:...........or else.:shifty: They will pay.............for the ride home and look like losers.:susp:

hbmacho101
07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
dang! 3 to 0! that was embarrassing! oh well..... mexico better beat uruguay.i also want brazil to win

Jack of Clovers
07-13-2007, 05:23 AM
When is the Uruguay-Mexico game? I can't seem to find the date and time.

Also... ahahaha. I'm excited. Argentina vs Brazil. Should be a good game, too bad Brazil doesn't have all their good players. Argentina will win. :cool:

~Jack~

Xalapeno
07-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry for not having that at the moment.:oops:
I know its tomorrow at like 8:00 PM Eastern Time or soemthing like that.
I'll edit the 1st post when I find out.

Other soccer news: David Beckham on ESPN July 21st.:cool:
The Best Free Kicker on the planet joins the Galaxy. While Cuautemhoc Blanco of Mexico joins Chicago Fire.:cool: Also I think Nery Castillo (Also Mexico) joins FC Barcelona.

hbmacho101
07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
so today is the game between uruguay and mexico. what do u think the score will be?
i will say 2-0 in favor of mexico. that's my guess.

Xalapeno
07-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Uruguay is a good team, I'd say 2 - 1 in favor of Mexico.:cool:

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Is that game today?

Anyway I hope Urugauy wins it.

Xalapeno
07-14-2007, 08:56 PM
It's in like 10 minutes.
Sorry for not knowing sooner.
If I weren't channel surfing, I'd have missed it.:susp:

Jack of Clovers
07-15-2007, 07:27 AM
That was a good game. Mexico played well in the second half. I'm glad they got third place.

3-1 in favor of Mexico, for those that missed it.

And tomorrow... the finals! :cool:

~Jack~

Xalapeno
07-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey, should I also include the U-20 World cup in this thread?

I know it's rather late but it can't hurt to see this tournament either.:oops:

Stardy
07-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey, should I also include the U-20 World cup in this thread?

I know it's rather late but it can't hurt to see this tournament either.:oops:
yeah, you do that

Canada is out, I think,

hbmacho101
07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah mexico won! also 1 more hour till the game between brazil and argentina! also isn't mexico gonna go against argentina in the sub-20?

Xalapeno
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
yeah mexico won! also 1 more hour till the game between brazil and argentina! also isn't mexico gonna go against argentina in the sub-20?

Yeah, tonight at 8.
We lost...........again.:susp:

hbmacho101
07-15-2007, 09:20 PM
i cannot believe it! barely 4 minutes in the game and brazil already made a goal.

pkmn z
07-15-2007, 10:07 PM
2 - 0 Brazil is winning:biggrin: and now is half time

hbmacho101
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
3-0 for brazil. argentina was decimated.:cool:

Alonso
07-16-2007, 12:00 AM
That game pissed me off...Argentina deserved to win because of the way they were playing. Goleadas in virtually all their games. Brazil loses to Mexico, Argentina beats Mexico, and Argentina loses to Brazil. I hate it when that stuff happens. I was so damn pissed during the game.

This weekend only pleased me 1/3. The US Under-20 team loses in the quarter finals to Austria. Argentina loses in the final of Copa America, but the US national american football team wins the world cup in Japan against Japan in over time 23-20.

I wonder where the next Copa America will take place because this project in 1987 began where all the South American CONMEBOL countries were to host a Copa America. So well, Venezuela completed the project by hosting the Cup. Now I wonder if they will restart the project and make Argentina host it (who did so in 1987) or do something else.

Xalapeno
07-16-2007, 03:30 AM
When is the Uruguay-Mexico game? I can't seem to find the date and time.

Also... ahahaha. I'm excited. Argentina vs Brazil. Should be a good game, too bad Brazil doesn't have all their good players. Argentina will win. :cool:

~Jack~

So looks like your leprachauniness didn't give luck to the right team.:tongue:
The Brazilians stole it all and retained their Copa America Championship.
Now to go change this thread for the 3rd time and make it the FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada.:cool:

Jack of Clovers
07-16-2007, 06:02 AM
That game pissed me off...Argentina deserved to win because of the way they were playing. Goleadas in virtually all their games. Brazil loses to Mexico, Argentina beats Mexico, and Argentina loses to Brazil. I hate it when that stuff happens. I was so damn pissed during the game.
Yea, same. Brazil was too aggressive, especially in the second half. Argentina will always be the better passing team, setting it up from the outside, but Brazil is fast paced and aggressive. That's why Brazil is a great team to watch. But it sucks when they beat the team you're rooting for.

The first two goal could have been prevented, but the third... that was a nice pass. Great finale. Too bad I didn't get to run around the house, all excited.

So looks like your leprachauniness didn't give luck to the right team.:tongue:
I don't believe in luck. Sports are about skill. Unfortunately, Brazil played better.

~Jack~

Xalapeno
07-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't believe in luck. Sports are about skill. Unfortunately, Brazil played better.

~Jack~

I didn't mean it that way. I was just having fun what with your name and all. Leprachauns are suppossedly good luck. So you saying Argentina was going to win and they didn't, seems comical(To me anyways). That's why I mentioned, I didn't necessesarily mean what you thought I meant.:oops:

Oh yeah, Dunga put some effort into training his team after losing to Mexico. Who wouldn't?

Stardy
07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
dang, whoever I bet on loses!

who is left in the U20 world cup?
|I need to know who to elimanate.... um.... pick next!

I know that Chile is in it, I think they are gonna win.

No goals out of nearly all games says a lot for there keeper.

I think Canada is out, That young toon striker could not score.

Xalapeno
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
It's going to be a European VS South American final.:eek:
I'm rooting for Austria for Europe and Chile for a South America(Even though I know they'll lose):susp:

I can't believe Spain lost.

Stardy
07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
It's going to be a European VS South American final.:eek:
I'm rooting for Austria for Europe and Chile for a South America(Even though I know they'll lose):susp:

I can't believe Spain lost.
Chile will beat Austria! (read couple of post above)

Why did you lose Spain?!

on the copas america: Argentina scored a screamer of a own goal

JohtoTrainer
07-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Yea, same. Brazil was too aggressive, especially in the second half. Argentina will always be the better passing team, setting it up from the outside, but Brazil is fast paced and aggressive. That's why Brazil is a great team to watch. But it sucks when they beat the team you're rooting for.

The first two goal could have been prevented, but the third... that was a nice pass. Great finale. Too bad I didn't get to run around the house, all excited.

~Jack~
So you don't think it's luck when a shot bounds of a defender, and lands right on the feet of a wide open attacker?

Jack of Clovers
07-17-2007, 06:52 AM
I didn't mean it that way. I was just having fun what with your name and all. Leprachauns are suppossedly good luck. So you saying Argentina was going to win and they didn't, seems comical(To me anyways). That's why I mentioned, I didn't necessesarily mean what you thought I meant.:oops:
I got the joke, don't worry. :tongue:
So you don't think it's luck when a shot bounds of a defender, and lands right on the feet of a wide open attacker?
No, that's the game. Balls are constanly deflected off people. It's up to the person who gets the ball after it lands to use it to his advantage.

~Jack~

Xalapeno
07-17-2007, 12:25 PM

No, that's the game. Balls are constanly deflected off people. It's up to the person who gets the ball after it lands to use it to his advantage.

~Jack~

OK.:happy:

I wouldn't consider that luck either. Then again the odds of it landing at a clear shot opportunity........
Most balls in the Defense zone are kicked out to stall for time or to rush the opponents when most of them are back. Usually balls deflected are given a direction to go like to your own team. Not the opponent. I don't think anyone in their right mind would give the opponent the ball and wait to see if they would take it for sure or let it come back. That's a risk that could cost them.

JohtoTrainer
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM

~Jack~
Landon Donovan strikes a ball against Portugal. It's meant to be a cross, but the ball deflects off of a defender who never even saw the ball. ITs bounds right into the back of the net. That is luck.

Alonso
07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
~Jack~

That isn't even the real Brazilian team. All the real players hiding out in Europe...and the European Leagues are on summer vacation at the moment, so why not come?

JohtoTrainer
07-19-2007, 01:02 AM
That isn't even the real Brazilian team. All the real players hiding out in Europe...and the European Leagues are on summer vacation at the moment, so why not come?
Because they're tired. Year round soccer is pretty tough. I think they've earned the right to skip a tournament every now and then. Especially when their team wins the whole thing any way. :tongue:

pkmn z
07-19-2007, 01:55 AM
off topic: finally my computer is working

on topic: so Brazil won the copa America huh well now im rooting for Argentina in the U cup

Jack of Clovers
07-19-2007, 04:41 AM
Landon Donovan strikes a ball against Portugal. It's meant to be a cross, but the ball deflects off of a defender who never even saw the ball. ITs bounds right into the back of the net. That is luck.
I think it's safe to say that we have different perceptions on luck. :tongue:

~Jack~

Stardy
07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I think austria went out, with 20 mins left, czech republic was winning 2-0, anyone know the final score

JohtoTrainer
07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I think austria went out, with 20 mins left, czech republic was winning 2-0, anyone know the final score
Czech Republic 2 Austria 0

Final

Xalapeno
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes, the final is today.
I hope Czech Republic wins, even though I think they won't.
Argentina is just too good.