PDA

View Full Version : Please Help and Rate my Team...

xXGengarXx
06-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking of using the random Wi-Fi battle feature in PBR the most (Once I get it), and I'm also thinking of battling people on pokebeach.com's Wi-Fi league...but I need help getting my team ready first.

I posted this before...but didn't get a SINGLE reply.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Water Absorb
-Surf
-Substitute
-Acid Armor
-Baton Pass

Baton Passer for Subs and Defense.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Synchronize
-Wish
-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass

BPer for Mean Look/Wish

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Trait: Download
-Tri Attack
-Nasty Plot
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball

Special Sweeper.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Trait: Intimidate
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Thunder Fang
-Dragon Claw

Physical Sweeper DDMence. Thunder Fang for water types that often carry Ice Beam.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Trait: Sturdy
-Spikes
-Roar
-Toxic
-Aerial Ace

Typical Spiker.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Pressure
-Night Shade
-Toxic/WoW
-Mean Look
-Confuse Ray

Tank/Annoyer.

I pretty much have my team worked out, but I know there's room for improvement. Some Pokemon still pose problems to me, though. I remember in the Wi-Fi Battle Tower, I got owned against a Raikou and Suicune.

Silver Senmurv
06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I really like this setup, though Vaporeon can't learn Calm Mind. Did you mean Substitute? It's okay, we all make typos.

Umbreon is cool. I have one almost like him (without Baton Pass though) and he rocks. BP on him is a good idea.

Porygon and Salamence look good. Porygon aughta have Adaptability, but it's no big deal.

Skarmory's fine. If you can get Whirlwind and Drill Peck to replace Roar and Aerial Ace, that would be favourable, but if not, again, it's no big deal.

Since Umbreon already has Toxic, maybe give Dusknoir Will-o-Wisp. The only Pokemon I can think of off-hand immune to both Toxic and Will-o-Wisp is Heatran. So one or the other will hit and really devistate your opponent.

That's my opinion, anyway.

xXGengarXx
06-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I really like this setup, though Vaporeon can't learn Calm Mind. Did you mean Substitute? It's okay, we all make typos.

Umbreon is cool. I have one almost like him (without Baton Pass though) and he rocks. BP on him is a good idea.

Porygon and Salamence look good. Porygon aughta have Adaptability, but it's no big deal.

Skarmory's fine. If you can get Whirlwind and Drill Peck to replace Roar and Aerial Ace, that would be favourable, but if not, again, it's no big deal.

Since Umbreon already has Toxic, maybe give Dusknoir Will-o-Wisp. The only Pokemon I can think of off-hand immune to both Toxic and Will-o-Wisp is Heatran. So one or the other will hit and really devistate your opponent.

That's my opinion, anyway.
Thanks! I've always been stuck in the middle between WoW or Toxic. I mean...Dusknoir already has 400 Defense, but WoW can help with it's low HP. Then again...Dusknoir can last and Toxic is a faster killer than WoW

Lord Voldemort
06-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks! I've always been stuck in the middle between WoW or Toxic. I mean...Dusknoir already has 400 Defense, but WoW can help with it's low HP. Then again...Dusknoir can last and Toxic is a faster killer than WoW

WoW is better, since it lowers the Opponents Attack to set up or whatever.