PDA

View Full Version : OK does this mess up your game.......

diamond_fan1
06-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Well people are like the gameshark messes up your game.So will "AR" mess up your game too?

Linoone
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
What is Ar? Four Word Rule to me

diamond_fan1
06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
What is Ar? Four Word Rule to me
well i heard that "AR" is like something for you to like "cheat" to get like items pokemon etc...

Kairyu
06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Well people are like the gameshark messes up your game.So will "AR" mess up your game too?

Well, whenever I had a gameshark a while back, it ate my saved file so, yes, a gameshark will for sure.

Now, I've never used an AR and I've heard that as long as you use it properly and make sure that the codes you put in are actual legit codes and not some just made up, which WILL mess up your game, nothing happens.

I don't know for sure...

Pokemaniac28
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
No it does not mess up your game if you put in the right codes, if you put in wrong codes theres a possiblity that something will be wrong, like you wont be able to have TMs, berries, and etc.

diamond_fan1
06-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Well, whenever I had a gameshark a while back, it ate my saved file so, yes, a gameshark will for sure.

Now, I've never used an AR and I've heard that as long as you use it properly and make sure that the codes you put in are actual legit codes and not some just made up, which WILL mess up your game, nothing happens.

I don't know for sure...
oh thanks for the info:happy:

Kairyu
06-08-2007, 07:29 PM
oh thanks for the info:happy:

You're welcome. :biggrin:

Also, I've heard that now in the DS games you have two save files; a current one and a back up one.

I've been told that because of the back up file, an AR will not mess up your file.

Pokemaniac28
06-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Yea too many games where getting messed up so they did that, happened with my blue i could save but when i turned it off and back on i had to start a new game, and i didnt even use cheating devices. :eek:

squirrelboy
06-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Yea too many games where getting messed up so they did that, happened with my blue i could save but when i turned it off and back on i had to start a new game, and i didnt even use cheating devices. :eek:
I'm pretty sure AR stands for Action Replay but i'm not quite sure

Drift
06-08-2007, 08:25 PM
AR is Action Replay. It's a cheating device to use with many GBA/DS games. They sell for roughly $30.
There are some risks and it can at times mess up your game... I've heard of some nasty glitches that happen after using AR, such as all your HMs disappearing. I personally think it's not worth it.
I used to use Gameshark on my Silver and Crystal version and it never messed up my game... So I don't know. :confused: But cheating (to me) is just wrong in general...
To just give an overview:
Yes, AR has the potential to mess up your game.
As well as Gameshark, even though it didn't happen to me personally.
Hope that helped.

Zan Sabrefang
06-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Yea too many games where getting messed up so they did that, happened with my blue i could save but when i turned it off and back on i had to start a new game, and i didnt even use cheating devices. :eek:I hear the cartridges have a limited lifespan. The original games are almost 10 years old now, so that might be why your Blue version is acting that way.

Drift
06-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Each catridge has an internal battery.
Games that are 6 years old or older are pretty much dead now...
There are some ways to fix it.
One - leave the game running in your SP while charging for 4 days until you reach 100 play hours in your new game file.
Two - get a new game.
It's not a glitch, it happened to my Crystal version last week. :sad:
Except my Silver version which is slightly older than my Crystal version is still working fine, and I'm guessing that's because I have over 200 play hours on it...