PDA

View Full Version : Cloning: Officially Gone?

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, I cloned my first Pokemon today... I know it's not that great but whatever.
Then I tried to do it like 30 minutes later, but it just won't do it.

I did everything right. I even started out RIGHT at the registration counter when I turned it
back on, and didn't come through the door. However, I went into the GTS
and it said "Deposit" instead of "Summary".

And in the guide it says: "If you start out right at the registration counter, not coming
through the door, you have succeeded." Well apparently I didn't. Shiny Vulpix was only
in the box, not in the GTS.

IMO, the Cloning Glitch is GONE.
Or, I just need tips really badly even though I DID do everything step by step... :confused:

BrassIttoTower
06-08-2007, 09:41 PM
>.> Just because it dosen't work for you dosen't mean its gone. And how, exactly, would a glitch suddenly dissapear anyway?

This cloning glitch is alot rougher to do then the R/S/E method, and so you should expect it to take a while for your pokemon to be cloned.

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 09:46 PM
>.> Just because it dosen't work for you dosen't mean its gone. And how, exactly, would a glitch suddenly dissapear anyway?

This cloning glitch is alot rougher to do then the R/S/E method, and so you should expect it to take a while for your pokemon to be cloned.

If you really think so, then you go try it! Or is it completely random for it to clone
even if you did do everything right... Cause the blue screen comes up then it starts
me out right at the registration counter then I walk in and nothing happened. :confused:

If you're gonna try to tell me that a glitch over Wifi in a server can't just go away, (which it might could, I don't know) at least TRY to do it and give me tips or something. Sheesh.

pokemongal72
06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
i do it like 50 times a day!!! lol!!!

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 10:00 PM
i do it like 50 times a day!!! lol!!!

That's not a tip, that's bragging. Please, I do everything right, it just won't work!

chadi
06-08-2007, 10:01 PM
That guide is not the most accurate. Sometimes you are lucky, and sometimes you are not.

Darkria111
06-08-2007, 10:04 PM
HAVING MORE BAD LUCK HUH LEGENDS:confused:

pokemongal72
06-08-2007, 10:06 PM
alright-take ur pokemon in and out 3 times. average the # of spins. that should work

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Trust me, you would know if cloning had been removed from your cartridge. Simply put, your game would have to concentrate solely on updating the code and could not patch up the glitch while you played or while the system was off. If Nintendo had stopped cloning, not only would it be on every Pokemon Fansite on the Internet, but you would know when the patch has been installed.

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 10:15 PM
HAVING MORE BAD LUCK HUH LEGENDS:confused:

Yeah apparently my purpose is bad luck. No shinies I found by myself, no Magmarizer,
no clones. Come on!!!!

alright-take ur pokemon in and out 3 times. average the # of spins. that should work
Yes I did that, the problem is that it always ranges between only 7 seconds and 8.30 seconds. How am I supposed to figure that out???

Trust me, you would know if cloning had been removed from your cartridge. Simply put, your game would have to concentrate solely on updating the code and could not patch up the glitch while you played or while the system was off. If Nintendo had stopped cloning, not only would it be on every Pokemon Fansite on the Internet, but you would know when the patch has been installed.

Well, rust, do you have any tips for me if it hasn't been removed?

EDIT: I know doing it at the right time, because when I turn it back on, I start out
right in front of the person that lets me in.

Flan
06-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, of course the glitch isn't gone.
Just because you did those things right doesn't mean you'll automatically get a clone.
I did all of those things right and even the counter part, and it took me 15 tries to get one clone. You just had bad luck.
Believe me.

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, rust, do you have any tips for me if it hasn't been removed?

I don't. I have yet to get Wi-Fi, much less, beat the Elite 4 in Diamond. I know a lot about the games, I'm just way too lazy to train my team to beat the Elite 4.

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't. I have yet to get Wi-Fi, much less, beat the Elite 4 in Diamond. I know a lot about the games, I'm just way too lazy to train my team to beat the Elite 4.

Oh, well the only reason I want to clone, is so we can exchange pokemon to help complete
a shiny collection, Pokedex, or whatever, without losing a Pokemon. Trading and trading back
would work for the Pokedex, but not for a shiny collection. :sad:

Pink Leon
06-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, I cloned my first Pokemon today... I know it's not that great but whatever.
Then I tried to do it like 30 minutes later, but it just won't do it.

I did everything right. I even started out RIGHT at the registration counter when I turned it
back on, and didn't come through the door. However, I went into the GTS
and it said "Deposit" instead of "Summary".

And in the guide it says: "If you start out right at the registration counter, not coming
through the door, you have succeeded." Well apparently I didn't. Shiny Vulpix was only
in the box, not in the GTS.

IMO, the Cloning Glitch is GONE.
Or, I just need tips really badly even though I DID do everything step by step... :confused:

its just difficult to time. usually you have to guess the time because you cant
always turn it off at 7 1/2 spins because its too fast. you just need to tweak your timing is all.

Lord Celebi
06-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh, well the only reason I want to clone, is so we can exchange pokemon to help complete
a shiny collection, Pokedex, or whatever, without losing a Pokemon. Trading and trading back
would work for the Pokedex, but not for a shiny collection. :sad:

Its fine, it'll work, don't worry. You just have to keep trying...

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Its fine, it'll work, don't worry. You just have to keep trying...

So even though I did everything right, started out right in front of the lady,
and it says deposit instead of summary, I just do the same thing over and over
again until it does it?

Drek
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
i think no i cloned like 4 times today

The Jr Trainer
06-08-2007, 10:59 PM
I have a Q. If it says "Summary" can you take them out of the GTS? And if so how?

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I have a Q. If it says "Summary" can you take them out of the GTS? And if so how?

Click summary, then press A. Then it'll say: Take back or Leave it as it is. Choose Take back. :happy:

Lord Voldemort
06-08-2007, 11:09 PM
It can't be gone, becasue they'd have to recall the games or something.

Legend Master
06-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Ugggh, I'm trying to do it again, but whenever I try to deposit a Pokemon,
it says Communication error.

lilJT
06-08-2007, 11:15 PM
why do you need to clone anyway?

the only time i would do that is on a feebas/ milotic, mew, or celebi

MF_DOOM
06-09-2007, 12:07 AM
why do you need to clone anyway?

the only time i would do that is on a feebas/ milotic, mew, or celebi
perhaps hes cloning a TM that he would like to use multiple times.

Archeopterix
06-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Its your own fault, everythings the same, keep trying noob!

Just kidding, but seriously, its not like the previous cloning methods. Its hit or miss, and if you have bad aim, you'll only strike if you're lucky.

Edit: If you're getting the communication error, log out and back in.