PDA

View Full Version : Best Place for Pokeradar shinies

-PK
06-08-2007, 10:03 PM
I need a ton of help with this one. Please do not move this thread anywhere, I'm begging you. Anyway I am driving myself crazy trying to find a shiny with the pokeradar. My highest chain is only 21. Please do not give me links to other threads on this website. I need help.:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Pink Leon
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I need a ton of help with this one. Please do not move this thread anywhere, I'm begging you. Anyway I am driving myself crazy trying to find a shiny with the pokeradar. My highest chain is only 21. Please do not give me links to other threads on this website. I need help.:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

are you saying you already found shinies??
ive been searching as well.........................

-PK
06-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I have found a shiny but I need help finding more.

Starly
06-09-2007, 12:20 AM
speaking of shinies i myself have a chain of 12 Bidoof, 11 Starly and 10 Starly but i have not found a shiny of either of them yet

Archeopterix
06-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Why do you guys do this to yourselves. If you want a shiny, theres an endless supply in the Trading Center. Does the method even work? It sounds tedious and scary. :tongue:

Mysticjason
06-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Try to catch a swarming Pokemon. As long as the grassfield is pretty big, you have a good chance.

10 chains will not get you shinies 99% of the time. You will need to get to around 40 chains at least.

Mr M
06-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Why do you guys do this to yourselves. If you want a shiny, theres an endless supply in the Trading Center. Does the method even work? It sounds tedious and scary. :tongue:

Yes but most want another shiny in return. Lol!

Phantom Kat
06-09-2007, 04:34 AM
I myself haven't found shiniesby Pokeradar but the best way is probably to try it with a swarm with a lot of grass.

Also, for example:

If you want a shiny Shinx, you'll have a better chance at chaining them with a pokemon with the ability Static (attracts Electric pokemon) in the lead.

The Jr Trainer
06-09-2007, 04:36 AM
swarming pokemon seem easy to chain. 70 Beldum no shiny. I dont get it.

PokePikachu
06-09-2007, 05:47 AM
I don't get all of this Shiny business. How exactly do you find one? I know, "chains", but what do you mean by chains??

Sorry, I'm a newbie. Please forgive me. :oops:

Mysticjason
06-09-2007, 05:51 AM
I don't get all of this Shiny business. How exactly do you find one? I know, "chains", but what do you mean by chains??

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38857

This should give you some ideas I hope. :)

Phantom Kat
06-09-2007, 05:52 AM

Chains: To get the same pokemon (i.e. Shinx after Shinx) and nothing else by only using the Pokeradar. If another pokemon pops up (i.e. a Starly) the chain is broken and you have to start all over again.

The higher the chain is, the higher the chance you have to encounter a shiny pokemon (or so I am told).

PokePikachu
06-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Oh, I get it now. Thank you.

Sceptile
06-09-2007, 11:56 AM
The higher the chain is, the higher the chance you have to encounter a shiny pokemon (or so I am told).

Is anyone sure that it works? Many of us have gone past 70 without a shiny.

I think it's really just a coincedince that we get a shiny. But I'm probably wrong.

lil_psychic
06-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Is anyone sure that it works? Many of us have gone past 70 without a shiny.

I think it's really just a coincedince that we get a shiny. But I'm probably wrong.

Oh, yes, the method does work. You just need to be patient. Personally, I found the Trophy Garden a good place for Pokeradar shinies. If not that, Route 224's an alternative area.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh, yes, the method does work. You just need to be patient. Personally, I found the Trophy Garden a good place for Pokeradar shinies. If not that, Route 224's an alternative area.

Hmmm, I might give this a try. There's so many threads on this now!

Sceptile
06-09-2007, 03:08 PM

OK, thanks! :D

I wish I tried harder yesterday, there was a swarm of Corsola, and Corsola looks cool shiny...

lil_psychic
06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Hmmm, I might give this a try. There's so many threads on this now!

I noticed the same thing. :oops: You're lucky if you managed to catch a shiny in less than 10 chains or something (it happened with my Shuckle).

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I noticed the same thing. :oops: You're lucky if you managed to catch a shiny in less than 10 chains or something (it happened with my Shuckle).

You caught a shiny Shuckle? Ah! That's awesome! Isn't he blue?

Zigzagoon22
06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Chains: To get the same pokemon (i.e. Shinx after Shinx) and nothing else by only using the Pokeradar. If another pokemon pops up (i.e. a Starly) the chain is broken and you have to start all over again.

If on my Poketch the highest chain 70 is.Do you have more chance of a shiny if you start by 1?Or only if are in the chain?

lil_psychic
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
You caught a shiny Shuckle? Ah! That's awesome! Isn't he blue?

Yeah, he's blue. Got him while I was bored.

If on my Poketch the highest chain 70 is.Do you have more chance of a shiny if you start by 1?Or only if are in the chain?

Only if you're in a chain. The chances increase a bit after every chain you make.

Zigzagoon22
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Can someone tell how much the shiny chance increase after defeat a same pokemon again?

lil_psychic
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Can someone tell how much the shiny chance increase after defeat a same pokemon again?

I can't remember---1%? Or something slightly bigger. It's kinda small but the chances really increase.