PDA

View Full Version : I've done it...I've finally done it!

Kenny_C.002
10-21-2004, 01:47 AM
YEAH!!!! THE SET IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Set 2 of the Block "Gaebis" is complete!

w00t! PARADISE IS HERE! :P

This set was made with magic set editor. heh.

Now. I will be doing the set preview of the "permanent" cards of this set!

Today's preview:

Enigmas Jetcringe 3BB
Legendary Creature - Human
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player pays 2 life and puts a +1/+1 counter on Enigmas Jetcringe.
4/2
Rare - Paradise

This is the final version from Jet's initial design for the card. At first I liked a sacrifice based card, but then I noticed how there was already a plan for a sacing card (now moved to the big set). So whileI was thinking, I wanted asort of symmetrical card with Jet's second idea. With this new spanking ability, I DROPPED the mana cost down by one black mana to end with a 4/2 for 5. The result is staggering: this card is powerfuland has a pigeon effect. Good job on the concept, Jet, since this card really turned out very well and very powerful indeed.

As a sentimental type of thing, this card actually made it through more than 4 changes to it before I was satisfied with it. Strangely enough, this card turned out to balance power, capture the flavour of black, and will be an excellent card to play around with.

Applications:
Well the thing about him is that he grows as he drains everyone of their life. This means you're putting a clock on your opponent when the Cringe is here. :P

Ways to exploit this is good ol' mana acceleration. The quicker you put this guy out, the bigger he can get in a hurry. Notice that he deals the loss of 2 life no matter what your oppnent does. Essentiall you get the bang for the buck as you hurt your opponent FIRST.

So yeah you can place him along with the big guns such as the "new rack" and along with the lines of discard. You just want the guy out and possibly attack (mainly just out there to suck the life out of your opponents as you force the to discard their butts off). Yeah, thiscard will stir up some brain juices.

Join me next time as I will tell you that I think drafting this set might be cool. :P

Kenny_C.002
10-22-2004, 03:16 AM
Of course, the set itself is far from "complete" so to say. It's someting I'll be continuing to shift and play around with. But yeah, the second card in this preview is something that's quite close to me.

Kenny C., Reality Shifter 3UU
Legendary Creature - Human
T, remove X cards in your graveyard from the game: put target creature card in your hand with converted mana cost of X or less into play.
3/4
Rare

Before you freak out and dump your library into your graveyard (and quite obviously our buddies the DS colossuses shuffle back), just remember that this ability costs quite a bit.

Okay, so I was really into making him powerful and close to broken. Sue me. lol

The ability started with a crappy "remove X from hand" and "permanents" instead of "creatures" (that kinda backfired and I made it creatures quickly). Well it's far from "crappy" when you put him into a colour that hasits basis on drawing cards. Next thing I know, I'm drawing so much, then sending all thisinto the removed zone to get something like "The Unspeakable" out without peer/sift/reach onto the table. Strangely enough, I felt that this was too powerful. Thenet thing would be graveyard. This version suddenly felt more "right". Well he's still very good and very powerful...maybe even more powerful than before, actually. But I'm fine with it.

Until next time, start removing for more creatures!

But wait!

Basking Boar 5GG
Creature - Beast
Inverse [3G] (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
6/5
Common

You may drool over the boar's tasty ability.

Kenny_C.002
10-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Jet of Fire 2R
Instant
Jet of Fire deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Tangent [R] (You may remove a card in your hand from the game and pay Jet of Fire's tangent cost instead of paying its mana cost)
Common

This is indeed the workhorse common of the set. 3 for 3 damage has always been a standard for istants. But then you can slap on the insane ability to make this card even better. lol btw, this is the second mechanic I'm using. :P

Kenny_C.002
10-26-2004, 02:45 AM
Fugitive Merfolk U
Inverse [0] (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
T: return Fugitive Merfolk back to its owner's hand.
1/1
Common -Paradise

The second complimentry ability to tangent. :P

Anyway, this card has enough potential out there. Notice the highly synergistic abilities forced into this guy. Don't believe me? try him out. lol

The powerhouse workhorse card, this is. :P

Kenny_C.002
10-27-2004, 12:13 AM
So then Permanents have their little fun with removal and stuff. Shouldn't sorceries do something too? I mean...inverse is permanents only and tangent can exist for both types. Well, MaRo wanted it, so I'll mark the return...of FLASHBACK (funny, imprint made it in too).

Cutthroat B
Sorcery
Destroy target nonblack, nonsrtifact creature. You lose life equal to the power of that creature.
Flashback [7B]
Common

*hears all the jaws dropping*

So powerful eh. Well...aside from the flashback cost (hey, it was an efficient killing card. You're lucky to have flashback in the first place, cutthroat!). :P

Jet
10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Lol.. wth? reverse Devour in Shadows with Flashback... XD

anyway, they all look good... just curious about the merfolk... it's too... "redundant" =P

Kenny_C.002
10-30-2004, 01:00 AM
anyway, they all look good... just curious about the merfolk... it's too... "redundant" =P

I noticed that eh. but I was thinking whether those two abilities should be together for the "synergy" or not. It just seems so much....cooler with the synergestic abilities...

Edit:
Okay okay, new preview card.

Mongrel Hunter (tentative name) 2G
Creature - elf
remove a card in your hand from the game: Mongrel Hunter gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.
2/2 (or 1/2, I need testing to see which is more...fair, but 2/2 sounds like the winner here)
Common

Well then, this baby MIGHT move to the first set, as this is probably a bigger card for the bigger set. I'll see about it and such. Anyway, see the synergy with the merfolk. :P

Jet
10-31-2004, 01:59 AM
Mongrel Hunter
2G
Creature - elf
remove a card in your hand from the game: Mongrel Hunter gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.
2/2
Common

looooooooool. 1st there's UG madness, now, UG Inverse XD

Kenny_C.002
11-03-2004, 12:58 AM
But with a twist! Since there's no rootwalla and there in no way will there be the stupid wurm that kept killing me. :P

Flameback UUR
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player draws a card.
Whenever a player draws a card, Flameback deals 2 damage to him or her.
Rare - Paradise

You know what I deemed the old Flameback? Too ambitious. Elegant concept, horrible execution. It's still in the back of my mind, so it might be there...someday. The new flameback is almost a phrexian arena, except more fun! See? This is called direct anti-synergy, the only thing that works that's not synergy. lol

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

Fate Twist 4UU
Sorcery
Untap all your permanents. Take an additional main phase after this phase. Draw a card.
Rare - Paradise

I'm looking for a cool art for this cool card. Seriously, I've tried playing with this card and it works wonders (and not that broken overall). This puts me close to time stop...except time stop is still the better card.