PDA

View Full Version : length of the game?

Berserk Gene
06-09-2007, 12:28 AM
How long is D/P? I'm about to buy diamond, but i want to know how long it is. There are only 8 badges correct? How long is it in comparison to g/s/c? Any sub-plots that take some time to finish? Reason why i ask is because i absolutely LOVE long games.

Thanks.

cacatua
06-09-2007, 12:29 AM
well this insnt as long as uders but , filling the nat dex?
wow takes forever

Pokemaniac28
06-09-2007, 12:31 AM
If you mean to beat the pokemon league it depends really, if you run through it probably like 20 hours or less, but if you really take your time it should be like 40-50,what i mean by taking your time is all 6 pokemons by level 50 by the time you reach the pokemon league (not including palkia/dialga).

Steven
06-09-2007, 12:31 AM
There a LOT to do if you want, or you can do the minimum which is beat the gyms, elite four, and champion. If you're going to try to get a complete trainer card on the other hand, doing that is only one of five stars. Not to mention there's a lot to do that isn't the five stars on the trainer card. You'll see when you get it, I don't want to ruin anything for you, but I can honestly say I've done nearly 300 hours into it, and I'm only barely getting to the end, and I have one elusive star left to get, which will probably take well over another 100 hours, probably 200 more hours in EV training and working my way through the battle tower.

Also, you can do a lot of side dungeons, plant and collect berries (over 60 different berries), and most importantly battle on Wifi. Theres a lot of other things to do, so don't be overwhelmed! Definitely worth buying.

Berserk Gene
06-09-2007, 12:42 AM
very helpful reply steven&others..thanks.

This is a bit off the wall, but does d/p have animated sprites like crystal did?

DeidarasClay
06-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Yes! Yay. Anywho, if you want, you can pick your starter, get some HM slaves, and fly right through, like I did (Stupid fourth file), but you should take you own dandy time.

Berserk Gene
06-09-2007, 01:12 AM
Cool. Someone mentioned it's worth buying. Is it worth buying a DS for? I don't have one..

GooberNuts
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Cool. Someone mentioned it's worth buying. Is it worth buying a DS for? I don't have one..

Yea, definitely. I'd wanted to get a DS for awhile and then D/P came out so I finally got one in order to play it :wink:. Its got great graphics and utilizes the touch screen alot. If you needed a reason to get a DS, this is it :biggrin:

ChubbySmeargle
06-09-2007, 01:56 AM

It is worth it if you like pokémon. That's what I did there's about 2 days of now. :P

The Jr Trainer
06-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Yeah buy a ds u and buy WiFi or the games are boring after the E4.

Berserk Gene
06-09-2007, 02:05 AM
i just got back into it...like maybe 5-7 days ago, haven't even thought about it in years.

MustangGT
06-09-2007, 02:13 AM
im not the only 1 brought back by new games!! woohoo, and to keep this on topic, its a great game, very long, wifi makes it rock

Berserk Gene
06-09-2007, 02:25 AM
what exactly is needed for a wifi connection?

Pokemaniac28
06-09-2007, 02:29 AM
what exactly is needed for a wifi connection?

A wireless router or a USB cable that can connect to your DS.