PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions.

troacctid
06-09-2007, 05:08 AM
1. Where should I go in the Solaceon Ruins to catch Unown X and Q?
2. What is the base critical hit ratio, and how do modifications like Slash, Scope Lens, and Focus Energy affect it? And does Sniper double the power, or is it x1.5, or what?
3. If I have a guy with Synchronize holding a Flame Orb, do I automatically burn the other guy when I send it out?
4. What's the multiplier for the Guts ability?
5. Stealth Rock's damage changes depending on type. What types are more or less resistant to it?
6. Flame Body and Magma Armor make eggs hatch faster, right? How much faster, and can I use more than one Magmar to further increase the hatch rate?

Mysticjason
06-09-2007, 05:29 AM
2. What is the base critical hit ratio, and how do modifications like Slash, Scope Lens, and Focus Energy affect it? And does Sniper double the power, or is it x1.5, or what?
3. If I have a guy with Synchronize holding a Flame Orb, do I automatically burn the other guy when I send it out?
5. Stealth Rock's damage changes depending on type. What types are more or less resistant to it?
I can only answer a couple of your questions. >.<

3: For Toxic Orb, it takes a turn until the holder is poisoned so I think Flame Orb also takes a turn until the holder is burnt. When the holder is burnt, the opponent will also be burnt.
4. 1.5X

troacctid
06-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Okay, that helps...but I still would like answers for the rest of them.

mjb4991
06-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Magma Armor and Flame body halve the steps. They don't stack. Next time go to the Q&A thread.

diabeeteez14
06-12-2007, 01:54 AM
6. Flame Body and Magma Armor make eggs hatch faster, right? How much faster, and can I use more than one Magmar to further increase the hatch rate?

6. They cut the number of steps needed to hatch the egg in half.

Archeopterix
06-12-2007, 02:58 AM
The only Unowns I managed to find were "D". :ermm:

Kenny_C.002
06-12-2007, 03:43 AM
If I recall correctly the unown letters are always in the same locations (i.e. the path you take to the room of items are the rooms that make up the word "FRIEND"). So they would be in the rooms you didn't go and capture one yet. I'm not sure on whether or not these rooms are random (other than the FRIEND rooms).

The crit ratio is 6.25% normally, and is at 25% for High critical-hit attacks such as slash (increased by 2 levels). Modifications doubles the first two times (12.5% and 25%), then adds to 33.5% after that, before maxing out at 50%. All held items do this, except the "personal" items such as stick, which increases ratio by two levels. This is assuming that the crit mechanics are the same between D/P and R/S/E.

I couldn't find a mechanics guide for sniper yet. Usually they should work at a 1.5 ratio.

IIRC Stealth Rock does damage in accordance with the type chart itself.

troacctid
06-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Oh, thanks! So, if I have a Pokémon holding a Scope Lens and using Night Slash, I have a 50% chance of critical hitting with it, but I can't further increase it from there?

Kenny_C.002
06-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Scope lens should only increase it to 33.5%.

Edit:
Oh, someone found this guide (http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=2502975) for the ruins. You might want to check it out.