PDA

View Full Version : >Your Favourite Genre/Band/Song<

Espeon Rinage
06-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm sure there has been one of these before.

What is your favouite genre of music or song, or even favourite band?

I like Slipknot; The Used; Aiden; Bullet For My Valentine; :( Colon Open Bracket; From First To Last; Lordi and Evanescence mostly at the moment.

Favourite genre of music is Rave/Emo/Screamo.

Favourite song: Well, there's a few. Hospital - The Used; Wait And Bleed - Slipknot; Here (In Your Arms) - HelloGoodbye and Ride The Wings Of Pestilence - From First To Last.

Yours?

Ninja TK
06-09-2007, 09:16 AM
My Favorite band is Definately Linkin Park
Genre: Rock/Classic Rock/Country (Sometimes)
Favorite Song: Valentine's Day by Linkin Park and Forever by Papa Roach

Espeon Rinage
06-09-2007, 09:20 AM
My Favorite band is Definately Linkin Park
Genre: Rock/Classic Rock/Country (Sometimes)
Favorite Song: Valentine's Day by Linkin Park and Forever by Papa Roach

I love Linkin Park. Crawling+Numb <3

Ninja TK
06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I love Linkin Park. Crawling+Numb <3
Heck yeah! A Place For My Head is good too..

Echo
06-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Stop turning this into a Linkin Parklove -thread.

Genre: Trance (all variations of it), Indie and Alternative Rock

Band: since it's almost impossible to compare bands of a different genre, I'll just list some: Minus The Bear, the Offspring, Trapt, the Classic Crime, Pink Floyd, Bear Vs Shark, the Bloodhound Gang, Bad Religion, Millencolin, to name a few nice ones.

Song: quite a few here as well, but well: Lost For Words - Pink Floyd; Pachuca Sunrise - Minus The Bear; Swallow - Whysome; Strange Denial - Bad Religion, I'm The Least You Could Do - the Bloodhound Gang; Race Against Myself - the Offspring, Divine Moments of Truth - Shpongle; Castaway - Seabound from the top of my head.

Also, ER, Lordi is a pretty laughable matter if you ask me, but oh well...

Nyuu
06-10-2007, 07:22 PM
My favorite genre is hard to say since I like so many different types of music.

My favorite band above all else is Rammstein followed closely by D'espairsRay, Gwar, and Dir en Grey.

and I have so many favorite songs I couldn't name them all heh :razz:

MustangGT
06-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Classic rock kool songs
Black Sabbath- iron man
Led Zeppelin- whole lotta love
AC/DC- For those about to rock.......WE SALUTE YOU!
Aerosmith- Dream on
Blackfoot- Train, Train

occasionally country
toby keith- beer for my horses

and just random,
Jimmy Buffet, i live in florida, gimme a break

Operative
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
To many to name!
I like we will rock you and Bicycle race by Queen the best though.

MustangGT
06-11-2007, 02:59 AM
idk man, gotta love bohemian rhapsody

Myst3rio565
06-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Genre- Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Thrash Metal, Alternative

Band(s)- Rage Against the Machine- Bulls On Parade or Testify
KoRn- Blind or Freak on a Leash
Slayer- Raining Blood or Spirit in Black
Black Sabbath- War Pigs or Sweet Leaf
Led Zeppelin- Stairway to Heaven or Communication Breakdown
Metallica- For Whom the Bell Tolls or Master of Puppets
Slipknot- Before I Forget or Spit it Out
Wolfmother (awesome)- Joker and the Thief or White Unicorn
Static-X- Love Dump or Get to the Gone

A LOT of awesome bands like those.

Berserk Gene
06-11-2007, 03:07 AM
errm...so many, but i'll leave it at staind, matchbox twenty, and GNR.

my favorite song by staind is epiphany. I like alot of songs by mb20, and my favorite songs by GNR are patience, november rain, estranged, and coma.

Cybernetic Ghost
06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
No real favorite genre. Mostly older stuff, I suppose. I guess psychedelic if I had to say a single type.

Bands I'd have to say The Beatles are my favorite, followed by Pink Floyd and The Flaming Lips. Im starting to listen to alot of The Mothers of Invention and other Zappa.

Hmm. Song is a toughie.

The Wizard - Black Sabbath
Snowblind - Black Sabbath
Chop Suey! - SOAD
The End - The Beatles
Maxwell's Silver Hammer - The Beatles
A Day in the Life - The Beatles
Run Like Hell - Floyd
Time - Floyd
Money - Floyd
The Tourture Never Stops - Zappa
Hot Plate Heaven at the Green Hotel - Zappa

Dark Charizard
06-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Favorite band: linkin Park/
favorite music guy: R kelly, Eminem, Dr. dre, 50 cent
favorite song: Numb, Encore, Numb+Encore mix with Eminem, Dr.Dre, Linkin park, 50 cent.
Fav Genre: Rap+Rock

IBeatRyan
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Well.............Anything thats is the 80's,90"s,And techno(Roxxet,twisted sister,aha,seal,and man more)

Mirage Mew
06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Favorite Genre: R&B
Favorite Artist: Ne-Yo
Favorite Song: Time

Evil-Mitten
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Genre: Not really sure, some poeple call me an Indie rocker, but I dunno.

Bands: In No Order; The Killer, Kaiser Chiefs, The Zutons, The View, Some McFly (Sad, But Y'know I don't care), Franz Ferdinand, Blood Hound Gang, Blink 182, Lemon Demon Ummmmm, many more.

Songs: Too many to name.

CrimsonThunder
06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Favorite Genre: Metal but I like all genres.

Favorite Band: Iron Maiden.

Song: DragonForce - Soldiers of the Wasteland as its the themesong for a group I made. Another fave at the moment is Guns 'N' Roses - November Rain

Other bands I like:

AC/DC
Anthrax
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Blink 182
Blue Oyster Cult
Bruce Dickinson
Def Leppard
Disturbed
DragonForce
Dream Theater
Green Day
Guns 'N' Roses
H.I.M.
HammerFall
Helloween
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kiss
Led Zeppelin
Manowar
Megadeth
Metallica
Motley Crue
Motorhead
Muse
My Chemical Romance
Nightwish
Oasis
Pantera
Pink Floyd
Queen
R.E.M.
Sepultura
Sonata Arctica
Spinal Tap
Sum 41
System of a Down
The Ramones
Tool
Van Halen
Wolfmother.

Raine
06-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't really have a favorite genre but I guess I do lean more towards an alternative style music with guitar solos, classic vocals sang from the diafram (definitely not from the nose), and I love a symphonic mix, usually having pianos and violins behind acoustic and electric guitar mix. Also, I like good old fashioned blues. Pretty much anything I can sing along with. =p

As far as a band goes, aside from their latest piece of crap album that sounds so pop it's pathetic, HIM (it isn't spelled H.I.M. because it doesn't stand for anything, if you check their album covers it's always just "HIM").

And song changes frequently but for now I've been listening to Pretending by HIM a lot.

Echo
06-22-2007, 10:18 PM
As far as a band goes, aside from their latest piece of crap album that sounds so pop it's pathetic, HIM (it isn't spelled H.I.M. because it doesn't stand for anything, if you check their album covers it's always just "HIM").

And song changes frequently but for now I've been listening to Pretending by HIM a lot.

It actually stands for His Infernal Master.

Raine
06-22-2007, 10:57 PM
The band's original name was His Infernal Majesty. But in their home country, Finland, they were accused of being satanic so they changed their name to HIM. Ville Valo, the vocalist has said in an interview that it stands for nothing.

Echo
06-23-2007, 11:58 AM
The band's original name was His Infernal Majesty. But in their home country, Finland, they were accused of being satanic so they changed their name to HIM. Ville Valo, the vocalist has said in an interview that it stands for nothing.

Gah, confused Master for Majesty, my bad.

I am actually from Finland, so I'm quite familiar with the band, but if what you say is correct, the band's points were seriously lowered in my eyes. If they gave up the satanic reference in their name (they're still using the heartagram, which still refers to satanism in a way), it clearly shows they're trying hard to make their appearance more pleasant for the public, which in turn makes it seem that they're making their music just for the money.

Loyal Arcanine
06-23-2007, 12:18 PM

I am actually from Finland, so I'm quite familiar with the band, but if what you say is correct, the band's points were seriously lowered in my eyes. If they gave up the satanic reference in their name (they're still using the heartagram, which still refers to satanism in a way), it clearly shows they're trying hard to make their appearance more pleasant for the public, which in turn makes it seem that they're making their music just for the money.
Can't blame them for that, can you? If I had the ability to make lots of money by playing music, I so would.

Espeon Rinage
06-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Alot of us into Metal and that kind.

So anyone get to Download?

Echo
06-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Can't blame them for that, can you? If I had the ability to make lots of money by playing music, I so would.

Meh, I'm more into music from artists who make it from the passion of making music rather than the passion of making money.

HorrorScope
06-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Genre: Rock, Indie

Bands: MCR, Linkin park, Kaiser Cheifs, Fallout Boy.... And some others...

Songs: I do'nt love you - MCR, What Ive done - Linkkin park, Thanks for the memories - Fallout boy...

CrimsonThunder
06-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't really have a favorite genre but I guess I do lean more towards an alternative style music with guitar solos, classic vocals sang from the diafram (definitely not from the nose), and I love a symphonic mix, usually having pianos and violins behind acoustic and electric guitar mix. Also, I like good old fashioned blues. Pretty much anything I can sing along with. =p

Yeah it is. But they still write it like that themselves.

http://www.heartagram.com/

Top left.

silverfrost
06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Uh, I like indie pop and indie rock a lot, I guess. Good acoustic pop works too. I also love the classics.

I love Eisley, Iron & Wine, Jose Gonzalez, Kings of Convenience, Joni Mitchell, Bic Runga, Nightmare of You, Midlake, India Aria, The Beatles, Joan Baez, The Corrs, Feist, Saves The Day (the old stuff only, though), etc.

Those are just my favorites really. I like a lot more bands, but there are too many to name atm. Perhaps I'll edit the list later. :)

CrimsonThunder
06-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Alot of us into Metal and that kind.

So anyone get to Download?

Oh boy would I love to go there. The bands! :o

I wanna be in England. >.<

Akuma
06-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I have a wide variety when it comes to music, but I tend to lean towards emo and metal. Some of my favorite bands are:

Bullet For My Valentine, Funureal For A Friend, Bring Me The Horizon, Brand New, Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Chiodos, Smashing Pumpkins, Queen, Plain White T's.

I also love trance and house. I'm a huge DJ Sammy, Ian Van Dahl fan, and Benny Banassi fan. Anyone else fancy some techno?

Raine
06-23-2007, 10:01 PM

Well, Ville said it wasn't supposed to be satanic. It was originally about some heavy metal joke, or something, I don't know. Either way, there were two other reasons. They said it was never serious in the first place, whatever that means. Also they said that people in finland were having a hard time pronouncing it or something. Either way, I DO agree with you completely. You should make music solely as a passion. But I've seen a lot of his interviews and things of that sort, you can tell by the way he answers questions and talks about music that he is very passionate about what he does.

And the heartagram is supposed to represent Love Metal. Not that Love Metal actually exists because it's a contradiction but..

Akuma
06-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Meh, HIM's only good album was their first one. I hate them now though seeing how anyone who who even likes Bam Magera feels that they have to like the band because he does.

Raine
06-23-2007, 10:36 PM
The only album of their's that I dislike is Dark Light. And I agree. Skaters everywhere admire HIM just because their idol does. o_O It's weird.

CrimsonThunder
06-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Bullet For My Valentine

They're good and they're touring Aus soon. I would like to go. =P

Akuma
06-24-2007, 01:47 AM
They're good and they're touring Aus soon. I would like to go. =P
I'll be seeing them in Norfolk, Virginia pretty soon.

Pretty pumped for that.

autism
06-24-2007, 01:44 PM
http://mixmatters.com/hot/2007/Young_Buck_Get_Buck.html
My 3rd favorite

2nd fave is "make me better" by fabolous.

the **** is ludacris' slap.

The Doctor
06-24-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOH_FSldeu0

One of my favorite songs! Please listen! ^^

autism
06-24-2007, 11:07 PM
I love this one here.http://mixmatters.com/hot/2006/Ying_Yang_Twins_Dangerous.html

Be careful it has di** in it.

SuperT
08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Genre: Country
Band or person: Rascal Flatts
Song: When the Sands Runs Out
here's a link to all of there videos http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/rascal_flatts/videos.jhtml

warning: If your computer isn't upgraded or stuff like that, the only song you can listen to is Fast Car & Freedom

Clutch
08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Favorite genres at the moment: Alternative, Rock, some Rap/Hip-hop here and there.

Favorite bands at the moment: Blink 182, +44, Nickelback, The Offspring, Seether, Breaking Benjamin and The Used.

Favorite songs at the moment: Easy Target - Blink182, Because of You - Nickelback, Truth - Seether, Spin - Taking Back Sunday, Colors - Crossfade, Had Enough - Breaking Benjamin