PDA

View Full Version : Wifi help!

the_wolf
06-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I bought my usb connector (nintendo) yesturday and i have the software set up and everything. The problem is when I do my test connection, it fails. The main wifi site said i should change my router's IP address. How do I do that?:neutral: Help please!

lucky5511
06-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Haha. I dont know how to help you there but thats a good reason why i have wireless internet in my house :oops:

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I bought my usb connector (nintendo) yesturday and i have the software set up and everything. The problem is when I do my test connection, it fails. The main wifi site said i should change my router's IP address. How do I do that?:neutral: Help please!

You have a router? Is that not wireless already?

linkinpark187
06-09-2007, 04:01 PM
i had the same problem with my WiFi Adapter. but to solve the problem, just try holding your DS right next to it. thats what i had to do with mine. should work, though you may have to try a couple few times.

the_wolf
06-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Still no progress unfortunatly. I'm so terrible at technical stuff but is there anyway to see my routers settings, change the router's IP to the # the Nintendo Wifi website says it has to be at?

I'm like 100% sure that this is the problem since I went through all the possible problems and fixed them.

mjb4991
06-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I heard you need WINDOWS for the USB Connector.

linkinpark187
06-09-2007, 05:03 PM
thats something else. what are you running for an Operating System? if its something other than Windows XP, then its likely it won't work.

Drift
06-09-2007, 05:13 PM
You need Windows in order to use it.
Also, your computer's Firewall may be keeping the USB Connector from working.
And make sure the USB Connector's green light is flashing - this will indicate that you are connected to the internet.

the_wolf
06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Yup, I have windows xp. You think I should keep my firewall off until I'm done my test connection. I know you turn it off when you download the wi-fi icon. Maybe I'll try keeping it off until I finish my test connection.

Thanks for the help everybody, I didnt think this would be so hard.