PDA

View Full Version : Swellow Idea

finallegacy
06-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Well, this isn't my idea, it was my friend's and it's rather affective, and I'm jealous. He wants to keep it a secret, but there is a saying "A secret between 2 people is fine, as long as one of them is dead."

Actually, it's a secret between 3 and 2 are dead, but that's besides the point.

What he does is he equips is Swellow with a toxic orb, which poisons it. But the Swellows Guts ability increases it's attack by 1.5 when under a status affect. Then he uses the facade attack, which its attack doubles when poisoned, paralyzed, or burned.

It's quite affective and with swellow's high speed, he could one-shot someone before they can make a move. Thank goodness Swellow has very low HP, defense, and sp. defense. And it's attack is only about average.

Do you guys know if this is actually a widely used technique? What do you think of it? How would you counter it? Would you use it?

Haelleah
06-09-2007, 07:20 PM
It also works with Ursaring, and much better, I might add, since Ursaring has frightening Attack already.

To counter it, I suppose you could use a Ghost type, since Facade wouldn't work on it.

finallegacy
06-09-2007, 07:35 PM
It also works with Ursaring, and much better, I might add, since Ursaring has frightening Attack already.

To counter it, I suppose you could use a Ghost type, since Facade wouldn't work on it.

Ursaring is stronger, but is very slow. A good fighting attack might be able to knock it out before it can use facade. You would have to use baton pass or something to compensate.

But using a ghost type, for some reason, I didn't think of that, I guess I thought facade was a flying attack.

I always just tried to get a tank in there and resist the blows until the poison kills it. This method can get close, but rarely works completely though.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmmm... That's good on Swellow, as long as it's Adamant Natured and has max Attack, so it's actually effective.

MagmarMan
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I would do this same thing in Ru/Sa except I would have to wait to have a status effect.

Pichufan4
06-09-2007, 09:51 PM
i believe that idea is in the Nintendo Power Ultimate National Pokedex guide, they do mention that, everything ur friend said, is in that book. sry to burst bubbles.