PDA

View Full Version : Very hard LG request

Missingno mystery
10-24-2004, 01:16 AM
(This is a very hard request so I'm warning you. I'm also noteing that I will NEVER go through 80 pages of garbage on the "image request" thread to see if someone may have already done these.) I jest finished the first half of LG and have been amazed by the animations in the credits and was wondering if any one here had/could make them. More to say the one of the main character running, your rival flipping a pokeball, and not a must but would be cool, the 3 starter Pokemon and Pikachu logo ones. I and many other people would be very happy if someone could find/make them :wink: .

Zenaku
10-24-2004, 10:42 PM
I actually ripped this weeks ago, and was going to post it here but... At any rate, only the male character. If many people wanted them, I could probably rip the female character and rival too (I got bored after about halfway through), but meh...

EDIT: Changed Red's framerate and did Gary's image...

Missingno mystery
10-25-2004, 01:05 PM
I actually ripped this weeks ago, and was going to post it here but... At any rate, only the male character. If many people wanted them, I could probably rip the female character and rival too (I got bored after about halfway through), but meh...

Those are GRRREAT! I guess it makes sense that if you chose female that she would be in the end instead. I keep looking at them though and wondering, if that is how you would look in the upcoming games on the DS (thats one of the resins why I requested the pics :oops: )? I keep thinking if they will make the new games like the old ones or if they will use a PC stile?

Zenaku
10-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Those are GRRREAT! I guess it makes sense that if you chose female that she would be in the end instead. I keep looking at them though and wondering, if that is how you would look in the upcoming games on the DS (thats one of the resins why I requested the pics :oops: )? I keep thinking if they will make the new games like the old ones or if they will use a PC stile?
Well, somehow I doubt that. You see, the games are set in 3rd person (You are an observer, watching the main character as you also control his/her actions). If the main character was drawn in such detail, it'd mean the game would have to be more 3 dimensional; you'd no longer be an onlooker, but actually there with the character, still telling him what to do (Which I believe is how other games are set out at any rate. The only true 1st person view games are driving games when you change the view to be "inside" the car, if you understand what I mean).

Although then again, the Pokemon Colosseum RPG isnt exactly 3rd person... It is possible, really, but it all depends if GameFreak will take advantage of the DS' new possibilities. My guess would be though that they'll create it like the old games yet add new features like the ability to call out the moves (Which might be impossible to transfer over to the English versions and such). Either way, not the place to talk about Diamond and Pearl...

Missingno mystery
10-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Well, somehow I doubt that. You see, the games are set in 3rd person (You are an observer, watching the main character as you also control his/her actions). If the main character was drawn in such detail, it'd mean the game would have to be more 3 dimensional; you'd no longer be an onlooker, but actually there with the character, still telling him what to do (Which I believe is how other games are set out at any rate. The only true 1st person view games are driving games when you change the view to be "inside" the car, if you understand what I mean).

But weren't the Pokemon games meant to be like you were that person ("I am Pro.Oak and will tell you about the Pokemon world. Now then what gender are you? Now what is your name?", ya seeing what I mean?) Well at least thats how I think of the game. And also wasn't the DS supposed to be a "3D gaming adventure!". I jest think that if they could make 1 real Pokemon adventure game in PC stile it be a hit! I jest like that type of perspective but now that you mention it I guess that they could make the games more "as if you were there" and use a first person shooter stile :razz: (that might be even better in sales. Who knows :oops: .).

Nefarious
10-26-2004, 04:06 PM

Wow!!! Those animations are awesome. Where did you get them? Or did you make them?

boltAge
10-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Wow!!! Those animations are awesome. Where did you get them? Or did you make them?
He already said, he ripped them, meaning they must be from the game...

Nefarious
10-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh I didn't see that. :oops:

But Where did he get them?

boltAge
10-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh I didn't see that. :oops:

But Where did he get them?
The game. Duh. If you want a more specific answer, then from the ROM.

Barret
10-26-2004, 10:19 PM
While we're on the subject... *points to Kamon's conversation* You know how on collisuem, you can transfer your FR/LG character over, well, I wonder if you can transfer your Pearl and Diamond Character over. Though I doubt it. -_-

Zenaku
10-26-2004, 10:56 PM
MM, I know what you mean, but to me, if you can see the whole character (Or Car, in racing games) then you aren't actually that character (Or driver). A 1st person game with birds-eye view doesnt really give that realistic feel (But then again, practically no RPG is truly 1st person).

Also, yeah, they're rips. Don't bother saying "ROM's are wrong!" (Anyone who would, I mean). I have a legit copy of FireRed, and plan on getting LeafGreen when I have the money. My ROMs are for image purposes only.

While we're on the subject... *points to Kamon's conversation* You know how on collisuem, you can transfer your FR/LG character over, well, I wonder if you can transfer your Pearl and Diamond Character over. Though I doubt it. -_-

Also, the many factors that stopped trading between RBYGSC and RSEFRLG including the fact that the GBA sends data differently. Hopefully, Nintendo would give the DS the same trading-style, and presuming GameFreak do not add anything more to the actual Pokemon in the game (Things like natures, new EV styles, etc) then the games should be backwards compatible. If not, trading a Mon from RS would need DP to randomise something for that Pokemon based on its stats (Lets say D/P add a little extra to natures), but there'd be no way to store that data, thus it would be lost if the Pokemon is traded back to RS (Although they could randomize based on an unchanging factor, such as IV's, species, etc, so it'd always randomise the same for that particular Pokemon). Uniquity for Pokemon are what makes EV training so important... Chance are, more will be added into DP to give you a greater control over your stats, hopefully. Although... This isnt the place for Diamond/Pearl discussion, and I've talked about the almost certain backwards compatability I don't know how many times...

Barret
10-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Also, the many factors that stopped trading between RBYGSC and RSEFRLG including the fact that the GBA sends data differently. Hopefully, Nintendo would give the DS the same trading-style, and presuming GameFreak do not add anything more to the actual Pokemon in the game (Things like natures, new EV styles, etc) then the games should be backwards compatible. If not, trading a Mon from RS would need DP to randomise something for that Pokemon based on its stats (Lets say D/P add a little extra to natures), but there'd be no way to store that data, thus it would be lost if the Pokemon is traded back to RS (Although they could randomize based on an unchanging factor, such as IV's, species, etc, so it'd always randomise the same for that particular Pokemon). Uniquity for Pokemon are what makes EV training so important... Chance are, more will be added into DP to give you a greater control over your stats, hopefully. Although... This isnt the place for Diamond/Pearl discussion, and I've talked about the almost certain backwards compatability I don't know how many times...
Though I appreciate you explaining that, that isn't what I meant. In Pokemon Colosseum, for Nintendo Gamecube, you are able to have your character appear on the game. You know, if you go in and register your pokemon from Sapphire and you do the 100 challenge thing (can't remember the places name) you'll control the Sapphire character, not Wes. And it works like that for FireRed and LeafGreen. If you do that, you'll control your FR/LG character not Wes. (not in Story Mode!!!) So what I was wondering is if the same thing will happen for your Pearl/Diamond character. And like I said, I doubt it because Pearl/Diamond wil come out much later than the Colosseum did.