PDA

View Full Version : [WAR VI] Graphic Arts Contest [Ends Are Only the Beginnings to a Greater Journey...]

Knightblazer
06-10-2007, 03:51 AM
PE2K 2OØ7
WAR SEASØN VI

[ Graphic Arts Category Contest ]

Yes, the time has come! Welcome to the Graphic Arts category competition for WAR VI, 2007!
I'm the host and judge of this contest, Knightblazer (also known as Lucifer Leonheart,
Aeonil Rufhercelt and Loki 'Draconifer' Galeon) So, how are you today, folks? Fine, I hope.
I warmly welcome all folks joining this contest for their teams! My contests might be tough,
but I hope you'll all use those brains of yours and get crackin'! xD So let me start with the general rules;

General Parameters

- All banners can only have maximum height of 200 and a width of 500 pixels.
Similarly, any accompanying avatars are only allowed to have a maximum size of 100 by 100 pixels.

- All submissions are only allowed in either PNG, JPEG or GIF format; they must be hosted by either Imageshack
or Tinypic only upon submissions. After approval, the images then will be hosted on my own Photobucket site.

- Submissions MUST be PMed to me; this is thus to prevent any forgery and cheating of any sorts.

- In the event that I cannot host the contest, either Marth or Scott will take over
(or any other approved judge by the WAR presidents), and submissions and
all pertaining to this contest will be directed to him (or her).

- Once a work has been submitted, I will only allow a change of submissions only ONCE,
and it must be PMed to me again SEVENTY-TWO hours before the closing of submissions. After that, its good luck.

- Each member will be only given TWO chances. In the event that anyone disobeys and breaks the rules,
the member will be banned from subsequent contests within the Graphic Arts category.
Three points will also be deducted from the member’s WAR team.

Well, all six weeks are over, and I hope you all have had fun in this competition. I admit, it was tough at time choosing between the best of the best, and at others making tough decisions, but I hope you all take no fault in my judging and forgive my wrongs. ^^; The hall of fame stands as so, and the third placing people do not get anything, but some shine.

[ Hall Of Fame ]

Week One Winners
First: Matt/Defense.2 [Syndicate]
Second: Neo Pikachu [Swarm]
Third: Callum/Team Evolution [Rocket Renegades/The Alpha Guild]

Week Two Winners
First: Callum [Rocket Renegades]
Second: Matt/Defense.2 [Syndicate]
Third: ~Falcon~ [The Alpha Guild]

Week Three Winners
First: Gaia [The Alpha Guild]
Second: Diesel 34 [Trainer]
[Was a walkover round X.x]

Week Four Winners
First: ~Falcon~ [The Alpha Guild]
Third: Gamakichi [Swarm]

Week Five Winners
First: Gamakichi [Swarm]
Second: Gaia [The Alpha Guild]
Third: Wario [Swarm]

Week Six Winners
First: Gaia [The Alpha Guila]
Third: ~Falcon~ [The Alpha Guild]

Knightblazer - Graphic Arts Judge for PE2K WAR VI, 2007

sonickid01
06-10-2007, 03:54 AM
But I stink with banners.

I'll try. Your team can't be deducted points, right? =/

Nice idea theme though. A little challenge.

Knightblazer
06-10-2007, 04:00 AM
But I stink with banners.

I'll try. Your team can't be deducted points, right? =/

Nice idea theme though. A little challenge.

As long as ya follow the general rules and the contest rules, its fine. =P And thanks. xD

Knightblazer

Diesel 34
06-10-2007, 04:05 AM
What program do you use to make this stuff. Might as well take a crack at this if I can.

Knightblazer
06-10-2007, 04:08 AM
What program do you use to make this stuff. Might as well take a crack at this if I can.

Meh, it can be any kinda art pprogram ya use. Photoshop, GIMP... even Paint. Although, I'd be surprised if someone submitted such a banner... O.o;;;

And I wish you the best of luck. ^^

Knightblazer

~Falcon~
06-10-2007, 04:26 AM
I'm entering this, Is there any resrtictions on how many banners a team can enter, or is the team allowed to enter as many as they want? I think I have my Idea down, though it will be hard to follow though with

Knightblazer
06-10-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm entering this, Is there any resrtictions on how many banners a team can enter, or is the team allowed to enter as many as they want? I think I have my Idea down, though it will be hard to follow though with

No, there are no restrictions for the number of members entering per team. However, each member that participiates can only submit ONE work per member. That's about the restrictions for entires. xD Good ta see you already have an idea though, I wish ya all the best. ^^

Knightblazer - Graphic Arts Judge for WAR VI, 2007

Gaia
06-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Yeah, lsu! *high fives* Count me in.

~Falcon~
06-10-2007, 04:56 AM
are we limited to shades and tints, or must we just use red black and white. I mean like I want to use greyish color bracuse its a lighter tint of black and a darker shade of white I thought it might be acceptable, but I just want to check first :P

Knightblazer
06-10-2007, 05:39 AM
are we limited to shades and tints, or must we just use red black and white. I mean like I want to use greyish color bracuse its a lighter tint of black and a darker shade of white I thought it might be acceptable, but I just want to check first :P

Yes, different shades of the three colors are allowed. I forgot to mention that when I did the rules... xD Just be sure to make it obvious that its a shade of the color. I get color-blind sometimes... XP

EDIT: I have such a horrible memory... the maximum height allowed is 200 pixels, not 300. Sorry for the mix-up. ^^;

Espeon Rinage
06-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I just entered with like, my FIRST properly done banner. I used GIMP 2. (:

sonickid01
06-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh, pick me pick me!

Uh..

Question: Would grey be allowed as a color? One could argue that it's dark white and light black.

~Falcon~
06-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I asked the same question, he said you could, just have the other make the main three color your primary colors. Also another question, Are you allowed to like pm your work to another member of your team to get critique and tips and stuff?

FireflyK
06-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Erm... ^^; What's a render?

~Falcon~
06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
this is a render I used in one of my banners

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r159/lsukid007/normal_halo3.jpg

its kind of hard to explain, but hopefully you get what I mean

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r159/lsukid007/Halo3-1-1.png

see, I used the render above as sort of the focal point in my banner

this (http://beach-park.philippinepictures.com/images/cebu_national_beach_park.jpg) could be a stock, a stock is like, you don't have to create your own background because the stock is the background. I'm not to great at explaining things so i'll leave it to gaia and Matt from now on ^^;

Espeon Rinage
06-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Renders are images darlin ^_^;

ZiVixx
06-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Count me in too! I am just wondering, are we aloud to use C4Ds? I was just wondering becasue I understand all the colors and stuff? But a C4D is just for like added effect...so is there an exception?

~Falcon~
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I think that technically C4d's are renders, but its fun to do it all from scratch :wink:

FireflyK
06-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Ah, so it's an imageless banner of colors? ^_^ Cool. We can still use effects though, right? Like swirling colors together 'n such?

Espeon Rinage
06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Ah, so it's an imageless banner of colors? ^_^ Cool. We can still use effects though, right? Like swirling colors together 'n such?

Yeah Firefly. Just use brushes to make a imageless banner. Like a background :D

FireflyK
06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah Firefly. Just use brushes to make a imageless banner. Like a background :D

Haha... Finally, an art thing I might actually have a CHANCE at. =D Pictures are sooo hard, but I can make backgrounds.

Matt
06-10-2007, 06:02 PM
C4Ds are renders. They are rendered. Rendered images are renders.

Working on my entry now. ;)

Callum
06-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Does Stock count as images taken by myself? Or Brushes made by myself using my own pics?

Matt
06-10-2007, 08:30 PM
So let me get this straight:

I send you a PM with my entry, a title, and a paragraph explaining how it relates to the theme?

Neo Emolga
06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Does Stock count as images taken by myself? Or Brushes made by myself using my own pics?

Stock would be any imported image. That means only work on a new file, don't File > Open any existing picture and put it into what you plan on having as your finished piece.

Knightblazer
06-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Whoa, you people ask too many questions. I need to get my beauty sleep. xDDDDD Well, anyway...

Erm... ^^; What's a render?

As what everyone else says, its an image. =P

Oh, pick me pick me!

Uh..

Question: Would grey be allowed as a color? One could argue that it's dark white and light black.

Yes, shades of the three primary colors are allowed. However, be sure to use the three wanted colors on the majority of the banner. That's about what I ask anyway.

Count me in too! I am just wondering, are we aloud to use C4Ds? I was just wondering becasue I understand all the colors and stuff? But a C4D is just for like added effect...so is there an exception?

No, C4D's are not allowed. Its considered as a render. Sorry. ^^;

You can prolly say its something like that. =P

As what the chief said... as long there's no Open > File involved, then you're free. xDDDDD

So let me get this straight:

I send you a PM with my entry, a title, and a paragraph explaining how it relates to the theme?

Yup, that's what it is, good ol' D.2 x3

Thankfully, that will answer all of yer questions. xD And oh, err... Espeon Rinage's entry is up.

~Falcon~
06-11-2007, 01:31 AM
I asked the same question, he said you could, just have the other make the main three color your primary colors. Also another question, Are you allowed to like pm your work to another member of your team to get critique and tips and stuff?

D: but you forgot mine

Knightblazer
06-11-2007, 02:27 AM
D: but you forgot mine

Sorry, I tend to miss stuff. xD Yeah, I guess you can ask for critique and stuff, through PM and IM and stuff of course, so long as they don't steal your work. =P

Matt
06-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Sorry, I tend to miss stuff. xD Yeah, I guess you can ask for critique and stuff, through PM and IM and stuff of course, so long as they don't steal your work. =P

Check your PM box. :D

Knightblazer
06-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Check your PM box. :D

I did, just updated the first post with the new entries. xDDDD *was caught up with things*

Callum
06-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Alright, thanks for clarifying.
I have a great Idea. Atleast, I think I do. :cool:

Diesel 34
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Question. Whats a stock?

le Zebra
06-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Renders are images darlin ^_^;

Diesel, a stock is the same thing

Ketamine
06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Done with my Entry, pmed you with it.

Knightblazer
06-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Done with my Entry, pmed you with it.

Yeah, got it. Its on ze front. =D

Well, here to announce: ENTRIES ARE CLOSED. I will not be entertaining anymore enteries, coz' its about eleven here is S'pore. Yeah... so, apologies to those who could not make it on time. Results will be up on Sunday. ;]

~Falcon~
06-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Are we still allowed to enter the paragraph for it, because I started typing it up yesterday [/procrastinate]

Knightblazer
06-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Are we still allowed to enter the paragraph for it, because I started typing it up yesterday [/procrastinate]

Eh, no... sorry. No changes are allowed after closing. ^^; Sorry... ><;

~Falcon~
06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
All right I'll remember that next time, procrastinatio is a hard habit to break >.<

Knightblazer
06-15-2007, 03:14 PM
All right I'll remember that next time, procrastinatio is a hard habit to break >.<

Heh. Yeah, I've always been going through that. xDDDDD My fan fic cries when it happens. ;_;

Judging shall begin... after I go to sleep and wake from it. ._.

Wario
06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
damn, and I just finished my entry.

It turned out good though, I may put it in my sig later.

Gaia
06-16-2007, 01:41 AM
You have so got to be kidding me. I made the entry two days ago, but Imageshack and Tinypic kept having "errors with the database". ><;

Well, at least there's a next time. ;_;

Marth
06-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Entries over for this week.
Nightbloomers, post results in the general thread when you've got them =)

FireflyK
06-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Heh, cool, results are in. Thanks for teh comments. ^_^ I'll keep 'em in mind for next time.

I have to say, though...

Expression Of Colors: Well, the expression wasn't... that all great, its pretty dull in a sense. Very grungy and all, which really can put me off from the banner. The black bits were the real icky part - it kinda reminds me of all those wriggling bugs and stuff. But its a great banner, but just... needs more vibrancy. Although I agree red is a cool color.

Those were MEANT to be abstract bugs, to go with the grungy flowers. ;) Hehe. Flowers do tend to be covered in critters, after all. ^_^

Knightblazer
06-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Those were MEANT to be abstract bugs, to go with the grungy flowers. ;) Hehe. Flowers do tend to be covered in critters, after all. ^_^

Well, heh... they still kinda irk somehow. But its still a great banner. Anyway, the next contest is up! Get cracking! xD

*does not wish to reveal that has foolishly forgotten to copy and paste the critiques X.x*

Gaia
06-17-2007, 05:49 AM
OMG OMG OMG

I'm psyched. And its anime-themed. Woohoo!

Ketamine
06-17-2007, 09:02 AM
In goes my entry for this!

Subside
06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
I'll definatly be entering this week then.

Matt
06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
My entry is done but still needs tweeks.
EDIT: Sent. :3

Knightblazer
06-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, got quite a number of entries while I'm away, but then you all have a very Major problem... THE AVATAR, Seriously... the front already stated to create a MATCHING AVATAR AND BANNER COMBO. Gah. People, please submit those avatars if you have not ASAP, or you'll be disqualified from thios round.

Knightblazer - Graphic Arts Judge for PE2k WAR VI, 2007

Neo Emolga
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, got quite a number of entries while I'm away, but then you all have a very Major problem... THE AVATAR, Seriously... the front already stated to create a MATCHING AVATAR AND BANNER COMBO. Gah. People, please submit those avatars if you have not ASAP, or you'll be disqualified from thios round.

Knightblazer - Graphic Arts Judge for PE2k WAR VI, 2007

Just so you know, on the first post, you have my Sasuke banner and avatar being labeled as Matt's when its really mine. :X

No biggie though.

Focal
06-21-2007, 06:46 PM
And Team Evolution is in The Alpha Guild not Swarm :P

Knightblazer
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Just so you know, on the first post, you have my Sasuke banner and avatar being labeled as Matt's when its really mine. :X

No biggie though.

And Team Evolution is in The Alpha Guild not Swarm :P

Gah! X.x This is what happens when you do stuff ast three in the morning, I suppose... although I lost your title Chief... mind refreshing me? X.X

~Falcon~
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Sending the Pm now, typing up the paragraph this time :wink:

edit: sent

Knightblazer
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Sending the Pm now, typing up the paragraph this time :wink:

edit: sent

..and I just screamed my head out. THE AVATAR! X.x ...I can't see it. ;.;

~Falcon~
06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
0_o i sent it right? or can you just not see it? let me try tinypic

edit: I resent, hopefully it works

Neo Emolga
06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Gah! X.x This is what happens when you do stuff ast three in the morning, I suppose... although I lost your title Chief... mind refreshing me? X.X

It was "The Mysticism of Sasuke."

And don't worry, 3 AM happens to be the checkpoint for my insanity as well. :P

Callum
06-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Sorry Kb, I have been busy for a couple days. I have an exam this afternoon, but I can get the banner and avatar to you at the latest 24 hours or so. :cool:

Knightblazer
06-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry Kb, I have been busy for a couple days. I have an exam this afternoon, but I can get the banner and avatar to you at the latest 24 hours or so. :cool:

Yep, got it. :biggrin:

And with Moneisur Callum's entry, submissions are oficially CLOSED. Judging will start in about ten hours... after my breakfast and all that jazz, since its only four in the morning now. :dazed:

ZiVixx
06-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Looks like I sent mine too late, I hope you can still put my up in the entries...

Knightblazer
06-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Looks like I sent mine too late, I hope you can still put my up in the entries...

*sighs* Alright, alright, fine. I'll let it slide this tiome, but ya'd better be on time the next round you send yer entries in, geddit?

I hate being soft-hearted. ;;;>>

Gaia
06-22-2007, 11:50 PM
*sighs* Alright, alright, fine. I'll let it slide this tiome, but ya'd better be on time the next round you send yer entries in, geddit?

I hate being soft-hearted. ;;;>>

Haha, me too. x3

Anyways, I can't wait for judging to start. what suspense. xD

Knightblazer
06-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, my brain's rather mushed this week and all so... yeah, I won't be doin' any critique this time. ><; The entries were all pretty good this time, and it was a hard decision, but I've finally come to a conclusion. The winners for this week are:

[ Third Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Two/FalconWk2.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Two/FalconWk2Avi.png
Title: Bring It On!
Designer: ~falcon~
Team: The Alpha Guild

I really liked the 3D-ness in the banner. You could have gotten second placing if not for the fact that the paper tile filter really bugs me, speically with those sharp edges.
Its a good technique, but not approiate for a banner like this. ^^; However, the avatar is pretty neat and I honestly perfer the avatar to the banner itself.

[ Second Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Two/D2Wk2.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Two/D2Wk2Avi.png
Title: angel~Sakura
Designer: Matt
Company: Syndicate

Your banner, my friend, is simply eyecatching and unique, with those rainbow hues and the text (my personal favourite part of the banner)
Its brillant, and yet easily seen at the same time, an important thing in banner-making, IMHO. I love how you;ve focused the attention on
the character herself, and overall, a grand and cool banner and avatar that I love loads. But still not flashy enough to clinch first placing. ;D

[ First Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Two/AstroBoy.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Two/Astro.png
Title: Astro Boy
Designer: Callum
Team: Rocket Renegades

Callum, now I know why I should respect ya. Your banner is a brillant masterpiece, with vibrant colors and flashes that
immediately grabbed my attention the moment I saw it. The sharpening pixels never once daunted me to fully appreciate
and drink in the great soght of your graphic, plus I see that trademarked 'double lined' border of yours again. ;D Your style
really let the main focus shie like car-razy, and I appluad ya for that. Plus your avatar, while simple, is brillantly effective,
so top points for ya, and first placing. Great job. ^^

And there you have it. Updated the first post as well, and the next challenge will be up tomorrow. Thank you, and good luck for the next challenge.

Callum
06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
No way, I got first! Great! Has made my day. Thanks Kb. :biggrin:

~Falcon~
06-23-2007, 02:33 PM
congrats to the winners, still suprised that I got third o.0 XD

Matt
06-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Thank you very much KB!

Knightblazer
06-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Haha, it was no prob. You guys simply impressed me. ;D

On another note, the Third challenge is up. Show me that Psyduck! =D

Gaia
06-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Haha, it was no prob. You guys simply impressed me. ;D

On another note, the Third challenge is up. Show me that Psyduck! =D

Ouch, tough challenge. I can't wait to get t3h started lol.

Matt
06-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Why is it all banners and avatars? I wanna do something different! But I have a perfect idea for this, so no worries. ;)

Callum
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Why is it all banners and avatars? I wanna do something different! But I have a perfect idea for this, so no worries. ;)

I thought the same. You know Kb, Graphics isn't just banners and avatars.. :tongue:

Damn, this one will be a bugger. Oh well, I can give it a fair bash. A nice water banner I think.
I might not get my entry in in time, as I will be internetless for a while seeing as we are moving house. I'll try my best.

Knightblazer
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I thought the same. You know Kb, Graphics isn't just banners and avatars.. :tongue:

Damn, this one will be a bugger. Oh well, I can give it a fair bash. A nice water banner I think.
I might not get my entry in in time, as I will be internetless for a while seeing as we are moving house. I'll try my best.

Well, I am a tad obvilious in the graphics arena... a poster for the next contest, perhaps? =P

And Marth ordered me to have a least one Pokemon-related contest, or else he would fire me and skin my hide. Not exactly promising for me. xD

Callum
06-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Well, I am a tad obvilious in the graphics arena... a poster for the next contest, perhaps? =P

A poster sounds good. =D

I have my stock picked out, and I have made the background to fit it. My banner and avatar are at home where I have no internet, and my stock is uploaded to Photobucket. I'll try and find a way to get one to the other, lol. My internet will only be down for a few more days, so you can expect my entry soon.

Gaia
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I totally forgot about this.

Wow, no entries on the first page. xD

Matt
06-29-2007, 08:53 PM
I totally forgot about this.

Wow, no entries on the first page. xD
I was going to do it today but I may have to go out. :x

Neo Emolga
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
I was going to do it today but I may have to go out. :x

Pretty sure its too late. She wanted them 72 hours in advance to the closing time.

Gaia
06-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Pretty sure its too late. She wanted them 72 hours in advance to the closing time.

Ouch. So yesterday is too late too? Dx

Diesel 34
06-29-2007, 11:54 PM
You read it wong. It says if you wanna make changes to the work you already submitted you need to send that to her 72 hours before closing time. Not the actual entry.

Neo Emolga
06-30-2007, 12:57 AM
You read it wong. It says if you wanna make changes to the work you already submitted you need to send that to her 72 hours before closing time. Not the actual entry.

That's right.

I think its 12 hours early then, since its earlier in Singapore than it is here. So if you're not in by Friday at noon, chances are you're too late.

Diesel 34
06-30-2007, 03:23 AM
It'll all depend on how KB does it.

Knightblazer
06-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Well, I am cool so long as you send it in by your time at midnight. I make sure of the timing, dear friends. And for the results... Well, its a walkover this time, seeing as I only received two entries. x.X Are you folks all on vacation break here or something - or does no one like Psyduck? xD

[ Results for Week Three ]

[ Second Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20One%20and%20Three/headoverheelsci8.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20One%20and%20Three/headoverheels2ws9.png
Title: Head Over Heels
Designer: Diesel 34
Company: Trainer

[ First Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20One%20and%20Three/psyduck524br8.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20One%20and%20Three/psyduck4327jc4.png
Title: Psyduck's True Self
Desginer: Gaia
Company: The Alpha Guild

Yeah... it was a pratical walkover this time. Was Psyduck really THAT hard a pokemon to make a banner with...? Well anyway, next challenge will be up tomorrow.

Callum
06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Entries

Aww crap, this sucks. My entry is on my PC but I have no internet. Oh well, always the next challenge. :rolleyes:

Knightblazer
06-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Haha... well, everyone has their problems. ><;

Anyway, next challenge aboard - deny the denial! xP

~Falcon~
07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Darn vacation >.< congrats to the winners

Diesel 34
07-02-2007, 02:53 AM
We don't have to use on of the ones you listed right?

~Falcon~
07-02-2007, 02:13 PM
nope, it can be any villan :]

Matt
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
So it's just a large piece? Sweettt

Zodeon
07-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Im sorry this is very off topic but this War looks very intresting and i was wondering:

First: Matt/Defense.2 [Syndicate]

After their names, IS that teams and if so how do i Join a Graphics team?

Sorry for being off topic.

Good luck everyone who has entered.

~Zodeon

~Falcon~
07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Its a forum wide competition, and its too late to join sorry, signups were a couple months back :[

Zodeon
07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Alright but id be intresting in joining a group, or is it only this war thread oand not spererate threads.

~Falcon~
07-03-2007, 09:05 PM
well, the sign up for groups were a couple months before war started, so that was... March i think, so sorry, you'll have to wait till next year ^^;

Zodeon
07-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Alright thats cool, i was just intrested. Thanks for all your help.

Diesel 34
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Is there a size limit for how big the poster can be?

~Falcon~
07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
a 480000 area which mean multiply height by width and it has to be equal or less than 480000

Diesel 34
07-04-2007, 01:06 AM
K, thanks for helping me out.

Subside
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Juggernaut is a villain from spiderman if you did not know.

And all this time I thought he was from X-men. Oh... wait, he is :D

I think I'll get started on my entry now, very bored and need something to do.

~Falcon~
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Meh I looked on a spiderman sprite sheet and he was three o.0 >.< oh jeez I feel retarded D: *goes to edit*

Matt
07-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I might have to skip out on this one, i have an all-weekend trip to new york, leaving tonight. ><

Diesel 34
07-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Have fun on your trip.

Knightblazer
07-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Because my brain is now totally trashed... I'm not goig to type out a whole bunch comments. X.x I'll try if you ask, though.

[ Results For Week Four ]

[ Third Place ]
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Four/Gamachiki.png
Title: Everybody was surfin... surfin USA
Designer: Gamakichi
Company: Swarm

[ Second Place ]
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Four/Neoposter.png
Title: Ocelot: Guns of the Patriots
Desginer: Neo Pikachu

[ First Place ]
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Four/falconposter.png
Title: Juggernaut
Desginer: ~Falcon~

The fifth challenge will be up tomorrow. Cheers.

Gaia
07-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Congrats, you guys. This week's entries are incredible. :D

Can't wait for the next challenge. :o

~Falcon~
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM
wow o.0 unexpected, big time. congrats to other winners :]

LordZangoose
07-07-2007, 11:16 PM
wow o.0 unexpected, big time. congrats to other winners :]

Nice job. I still can't believe you do what you do with GIMP. Awesome job to everyone.

Knightblazer
07-08-2007, 05:11 AM
Haha, Falcon really astounded me with his work though. And to think I thought he was a newb in the first challenge... *coughs*

Anyway, the next challenge is up - Trademark that Pokemon! 8D

~Falcon~
07-08-2007, 03:26 PM
^^; yeah, that the point that i realized that i had to get my ass in gear, so I stepped it up big time. A logo eh, a tough challenge ;]

Gamakichi
07-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a toughie... I don't know if I'll be able to put out :( Oh, and what exactly does 'logo' mean?

EDIT: Is there limit to number of pokemon allowed in 'logo'?

Knightblazer
07-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a toughie... I don't know if I'll be able to put out :( Oh, and what exactly does 'logo' mean?

EDIT: Is there limit to number of pokemon allowed in 'logo'?

Logos... you know, like a picture that represents a company n' stuff like that. Examples like the classic 'tick' for Nike, the apple shadow for Apple.Inc - heck, just see your internt browser's logo - that's a logo. xP

And yes, you can only have ONE pokemon. However, stocks that pertain to the same Pokemo is allowed. ^^;

Finch
07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Finally, something which requires more artistic than computer skill.

Gamakichi
07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Logos... you know, like a picture that represents a company n' stuff like that. Examples like the classic 'tick' for Nike, the apple shadow for Apple.Inc - heck, just see your internt browser's logo - that's a logo. xP

And yes, you can only have ONE pokemon. However, stocks that pertain to the same Pokemo is allowed. ^^;

Yeah but how do you make it into a logo? Just make like intertwining buttons and such?

Knightblazer
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah but how do you make it into a logo? Just make like intertwining buttons and such?

*sighs* Its your own logo, so make it your own way - its a very open topic, so interpret it as you will. ;;;>>

Now, shoo. I have to go to school now.

Gamakichi
07-10-2007, 11:20 AM
lol... I sense failure on this one.

Wario
07-10-2007, 04:24 PM
woo, my crap...I mean entry, is up :rolleyes:

Gamakichi
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice...

Knightblazer, I forgot to put this in my pm so please add 'Image Credit to Suta-Raito (http://www.suta-raito.com)' under mine please.

Knightblazer
07-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Nice...

Knightblazer, I forgot to put this in my pm so please add 'Image Credit to Suta-Raito (http://www.suta-raito.com)' under mine please.

Nah, I'm not so picky about stock credit. Its fine, really. ><;

Knightblazer

Gamakichi
07-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Ok, just wanted to be sure it was ok.

Callum
07-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Sadly I can't enter this one either. I still have no internet.

Oh well, nice entries. Gama for the win. ;]

Knightblazer
07-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm dead-beat, I'm tired and here are the results nevertheless:

[ Third Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Five/Wariologo.png
Title: Hound of Hell
Desginer: Wario

[ Second Place ]
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Five/Gaialogo.png
Title: Fossil Fuel

Portfolio: After looking around Gamerenders for inspiration, I finally decided
on doing a logo with a sprite. This is mainly because large pokemon images are
very un-attractive, and they just don't go logo-ey IMO. This logo was made in
Photoshop CS2 in around an hour, carefully adding tiny details to produce nice and
smooth effects. The featured Pokemon in the logo is Aerodactyl, obviously. I named
this piece "Fossil Fuel" because I wanted to relate Aerodactyl to it being a fossil
Pokemon and is extremely fast, hence "Fossil" and "Fuel". Also, Aerodactyl seemed
like exactly the Pokemon I needed, simply because it is very un-used in graphic art.

[ First Place ]
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WAR%20Week%20Five/Gamakichilogo.gif
Title: Royal Darkness
Desginer: Gamakichi

Final challenge up tomorrow. Cheerio.

Knightblazer
07-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Rawr. Double post. But the final challenge is up. The challenge to end all challenges! 8D

Gaia
07-15-2007, 09:45 AM
The problem is, KB, I don't know who I am. =P

I can't wait to start my piece. 8D

Diesel 34
07-15-2007, 09:37 PM
This will definetly be an interesting challenge for me.

Gamakichi
07-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Do you mean like pictures of us or things we like?

Knightblazer
07-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Do you mean like pictures of us or things we like?

Nope, it can be anything that represents you. =P

Knightblazer

Ketamine
07-21-2007, 06:32 AM
LOL did I get my entry in in time xP.

Diesel 34
07-21-2007, 06:59 AM
LOL did I get my entry in in time xP.

You did because you have saturday to submit stuff to since this is the last week of war.

~Falcon~
07-21-2007, 02:37 PM
OK good, cause I thought i was cutting it a little close on time too :/

Knightblazer
07-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Because I'm so soft-hearted, sick and down with the flu and the number of entires I have is very dissapointing... I'm gonna close an eye on the entires that didn't really go into my requirements... anyway, the results:

[ Third Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/falconavi.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/falconbanner.pngDesginer: ~Falcon~

Portfolio: This piece reflects the theme because I love baseball,
and Jose Reyes is one of my favorite players. Ever since he arrived in
the major leagues he has impressed countless people with his speed,
power, and arm strength. He isn't very tall, but his play describes
everything about him, a scappy fighter, like myself.

[ Second Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WarNPBanner.png http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/WarNPAva.png
Title: Neo Pikachu - The Array of Color
Desginer: Neo Pikachu

[ First Place ]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/KnightblazerPro/Gaiaentry.png
Title: Adventurous

Portfolio: This piece took me at least two hours, adding extra effects
and grabbing effects from existing renders that I have downloaded to add a more
"interesting" move of layer. Anyways, the lady in my entry is Lara Croft,
a main character from Tomb Raider (a game I really, really love). A lot of my
friends and relatives often portray me as a typical "Lara" because I am
adventurous and creative, so I have created this piece. The random stuff I added
in are what I usually love to see: thunder, lightning, magic, and super-powers to
name a few. These are typically things that make my creativity "grow". I also
made the text simple and curvy to give that smooth signature effect.

And with this, WAR VI, Graphic Arts Catgerory has finally come to an end. I sincerely thank each and everyone who has come to participate in this, and I'm glad that no one feels that I've been baised anyway in judging, and pleased at how I judged them. I've had one good time upholding my duty here as the judge, and really hope to be able to be given the honor of doing something like this again. Thank you all so much. ^^;