PDA

View Full Version : Good Moveset For My Giratina?

Drift
06-10-2007, 02:31 PM
I need a good moveset for my Giratina. So far, this is it's moveset:
- Shadow Force
- Draco Meteor
- Heal Block
- Earth Power
I'd like to keep Shadow Force and Draco Meteor, since I'm assuming they're both STAB...

So, any suggestions? :happy:

All help is appreciated. :wink:

Gegi
06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Well to me I wouldn't use draco metor Giritina is more of a defense then its offense so I really don't know much about Giritina so it seems more like an alakazam stoper or Blissey but Palkia can do heal block I think so Palkia would be a better pokemon to stop Blissey or Alakazam or anyone that can use recover or healing moves besides rest

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-10-2007, 03:47 PM
The thing with Shadow Force is you can send out Kazam, get in a Shadow Ball and if it's not a +Def/Sp. Def nature, take it down past mid-HP. Then just switch out to a Normal Pokemon (Slaking with Shadow Claw anyone :wink:).

If you waste your time using Heal Block on Kazam thinking is has Recover, it 2HKO's you.

Draco Meteor is an excellent move IMO, but can't be taken advantage of unless a physical sweeper Dragon has a large Sp. Atk as well (Rayquaza's Sp. Atk stat and Atk stat are equal, so the Nature boost/decrease won't affect them much in comparison, and even an Adamant Sally can get over 200 Sp. Atk). Here you have Earth Power on him. Bad idea. After one use of Draco, you won't be doing much at all with Earth. So just give him Earthquake and make him a physical sweeper if you must.

Giratina is meant for defending and annoying, but I mean, with 100 base stats on Atk and Sp. Atk, I guess he can pull it off ok either way.

BTW what Nature is it?

Drift
06-10-2007, 09:03 PM
The thing with Shadow Force is you can send out Kazam, get in a Shadow Ball and if it's not a +Def/Sp. Def nature, take it down past mid-HP. Then just switch out to a Normal Pokemon (Slaking with Shadow Claw anyone :wink:).

If you waste your time using Heal Block on Kazam thinking is has Recover, it 2HKO's you.

Draco Meteor is an excellent move IMO, but can't be taken advantage of unless a physical sweeper Dragon has a large Sp. Atk as well (Rayquaza's Sp. Atk stat and Atk stat are equal, so the Nature boost/decrease won't affect them much in comparison, and even an Adamant Sally can get over 200 Sp. Atk). Here you have Earth Power on him. Bad idea. After one use of Draco, you won't be doing much at all with Earth. So just give him Earthquake and make him a physical sweeper if you must.

Giratina is meant for defending and annoying, but I mean, with 100 base stats on Atk and Sp. Atk, I guess he can pull it off ok either way.

BTW what Nature is it?

Well, yeah... I barely touched his moveset that he had when I caught him, except replaced Slash with Draco Meteor.
I'm not sure what Nature he is... I'll have to check later.
But I'm not willing to switch Giratina with anyone, like Rayquaza or someone else... So I need a good moveset for Giratina...

Venusaur456
06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I need a good moveset for my Giratina. So far, this is it's moveset:
- Shadow Force
- Draco Meteor
- Heal Block
- Earth Power
I'd like to keep Shadow Force and Draco Meteor, since I'm assuming they're both STAB...

So, any suggestions? :happy:

All help is appreciated. :wink:
Heal Block isn't very useful, because very few trainers give their pokemon potions. (in-game trainers) You should switch Heal Block with Dragon Claw.

mjb4991
06-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Teach it fly. Get rid of Heal Block.

Drift
06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Someone suggested this moveset:
- Shadow Force
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Why Fly? :eh:

mjb4991
06-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Fly is cool. Also, it can be your flying pokemon (overworld) if you don't have one.

Drift
06-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Fly is cool. Also, it can be your flying pokemon (overworld) if you don't have one.

Well, I do have a flying Pokemon... *Stares at Staraptor* But it's a unique idea. :wink:
I was hoping for some moves that can be S.E. agaisnt an Ice type, or Dragon type (Draco Meteor takes care of that.) I'm just not sure what to teach it. :confused:

DeidarasClay
06-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Dear Drifty, here's some for you:

Giratina @ Choice Band (If you can)
(EV spread)
(Nature)
~ Draco Meteor
~ Shadow Force
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

Or, I know it might get rid of Shadow Force, but here's a Special Sweeper:

Giratina @ (Something beneficial)
(EV spread)
(Nature)
~ Calm Mind
~ Draco Meteor
~ Ominous Wind/Ancient Power (Thoughts, Wind gets STAB, and both can up all Giratina's stats)/FocusBlast/ThunderBolt/Psychic/ShadowBall/EnergyBall/SilverWind(Again, a thought, can up all Giratina's stats)/DarkPulse
~ Ominous Wind/Ancient Power (Thoughts, Wind gets STAB, and both can up all Giratina's stats)/FocusBlast/ThunderBolt/Psychic/ShadowBall/EnergyBall/SilverWind(Again, a thought, can up all Giratina's stats)/DarkPulse

Draco Meteor is a last ditch effort, unless you like sitting there, wasting Calm Minds :confused:

cyl3x
06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Giratina@Leftovers
Relaxed/Impish Nature
EVs: 252 Def, 252 SDef, 4 HP
-Shadow Force
-Toxic
-Protect/Substitute
-Aura Sphere

I think this could work. Toxic, then protect/Substitute, Shadow Sneak to make sure the opponent wastes PP with Pressure and Attack at the same time, it can neither defend itself unless it switches to a normal type. Then do some damage with Aura sphere. I know can attack as well, but let's stick with what it does best. With a potential 440+ HP and 372 for defences, it can defend quite effectively, though not as well as blissey.
I haven't seen this anywhere yet, so I'll call it the the toxitectina. o.o; and if there were something like this earlier let me know.

Hyper Blaze
06-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I have one:
Naughty
Shadow Force
Draco Meteor
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Or
Modest
Shadow Ball
Dragon Pulse