View Full Version : War VI Chat/Questions

Dr Scott
06-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Chat about War VI here, brag, ask questions to me or other people

You get it.

LordZangoose
06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Just wanted to clear something up.

You get your team one point for participating in the WAR RP automatically?

Dr Scott
06-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Haha, no, only teh two best (picked by me) at the end of the week gets the points.

Draconic_Espeon
06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
How long are classes supposed to last RP time?

Neo Emolga
06-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Not taking sides, most of this is in my own experience.

I want to win points, and to do that, I need to RP of course. However, the last two lengthy posts I've made are all things I could have easily done in real life, things I actually would have been bored to do. Unfortunately, I have the feeling the next ten are going to be the same way. And if and when the attack rule is taken off, it may yet be another twenty before the first fight breaks out. I also know that fight will be limited. The four Pokémon we have will be wh0red to death, and so will the powers. After a while, people will be so tired of wh0ring their four Pokémon and their one power that you'll begin to see a decline. Hate to say it, but plot twists won't help you when that happens, Scott.

In Team RP II, I'm the evolution of Lugia, Quinlong, fighting a wicked and diabolically powerful creature called Infera to save the galaxy, armed with amazing power and the fabric and balance of everything depending on this one battle. Here, I'm just another ordinary guy, on patrol, working out after shifts. The "No attacking / Territory Taking" is like an official "Please, no excitement just yet" clause. It's hard, and as I'm reading everyone else's posts, I'm dozing off. It’s all stuff that could have pretty much happened in real life if you just replace the Pokémon with animals, so why am I here writing this when I could just go outside and do it myself? It's killing me here.

I enjoy RPs for their escapism from reality. This doesn’t feel like that. This, almost makes it painful to be in the team based setting. We barely know our own team, our influence in the team is totally zilch, our chance to grow in the team is totally zilch, and we don't exactly know what we're even doing for the mysterious leader who will never show himself/herself, killing any backdrop for the teams we’re going to spend the rest of the RP in. I mean in this setting, it’s a total wonder how we ended up on these teams in the first place. Honestly, the teams in this RP are in this... just so we can say the teams are in it. It’s not a good thing if they could be completely chopped from the storyline and it wouldn’t actually make much of a difference.

Second, it’s very, very obvious the school-based realm of the RP was given much, much more priority, and makes me regret only going for the "violent" path (which doesn't promise violence for a long time). Who the hell cares about some random guy named "Superba?" it’s another "force of mystery" team that, surprise, yet again no one knows about. Heck, it doesn’t even have a name. I mean, are we actually supposed to investigate that or not? And where we would begin to really go with that with all the vague details? Hate to say it, but the storyline is so vague that I really can't have my character react to it. And sorry, but if this wasn't the War RP, I wouldn't be in here. This is like playing D&D without a Dungeon Master. Good luck with that.

RPs are supposed to have interesting and deep storylines, but not deep enough to the point where no one really knows what they're doing here, why they're with these teams, or be able to respond to anything if the current situation with "Superba" doesn't really affect them personally (which is so critical to an RP if you want people to have their characters react to it). Conflicts and intensity keep the adrenaline going, with the presence of danger and desire. Scott, you're working way, way too hard at making this RP like a straight-jacket. I know you don’t want the grunt complex, team leaders, or intense fights, but then for pete’s sake, let’s just admit we’re playing “house” and let that be the end of it.

I've been in Season 3's RP, Season 3 2/3's RP, Season 4's RP, and Season 5's RP. I don't mean to be mean about this, but I dislike this one most of all. Teams mattered in the last RPs, they had substance and everyone was willing to RP like hell to defend the team name. People got inventive, creative, planned strategy, and worked together. I see none of that here. In fact, there’s actually been no interaction between two RPers yet. Right now, I see no possible way I can get off the ho-hum track of doing everyday bore to breathe life into this RP.

And lastly, people like it when they get to mold the storyline and the depth behind the RP. Unfortunately, it looks like you’re the only one who is getting the pleasure of doing that this time around, Scott…

Sorry, but I'm not a happy Pikachu about all this... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/blank.gif

bronislav84
06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Scotty, Scotty. Do you see why I haven't joined yet? No, you don't. Well let me tell you, the War 6 RP is boring. There, I said it.

No conflicts, fine. Then we get to build weapons for upcoming conflicts. No weapons? Well, then that just plain fails. No technology? Ok, we build it. Can't build? Then that is phail. Can I go and attack a bad team? No? Then what the heck is there to do, eh? PHAILURE.

Am I making myself clear yet? What is there to do in this RP? Live my life? My life sucks. I want to RP and escape into fantasy. This is too much like my life.

Second, a good RP has people coming up with plot twists. Unexpected things are good. Makes it that much sweeter to triumph over it. What, we can't make those and only the GM can? Dude, you fail.

The only reason that I am going to be joining is because I kinda have to. If I saw this RP and it wasn't the War RP, I wouldn't even look at it.

Fix it please. I agree with Neo.

Oh, and in conclusion, You fail at RP making (http://www.youfail.org/) :tongue: :biggrin:

Dr Scott
06-11-2007, 06:26 AM
1) No taking territories YET 'cus I need to type them up. Got the map not too long ago and I'm just now building off it.

2) More to come for fighting soon, I just have to realease it. Seriously, read the first post.

3) This is all about finding out clever new means to use your power, which will grow in power as the RP goes around. No giant robots, no giant swords. It's about using your imagination, and not stealing things from Gundam Weekly.

4) I just don't want anyone saying they are the leader of the whole thing, bossing everyone around. Feel free to take the Sent way and be a "Squad Leader" with two or three other Swarmites.

5) I'm. Not. Done. Yet. Simple enough. Seriously, come on, does it LOOK finished? Not even all the teachers are out.

6) You're knocking it before I even have it started yet, little man.

7) Yes, RPers can mold it. I want the feeling of starting out weak, and having to work your way up to power. Sure I have plot ideas, but I EXPECT them to change according to what RPers do. That's why they are ideas.

Oh, and Bron, I'd take care about insulting me. At least keep it in IM. I don't appreciate it, and it really does make you look like a horrible, horrible toad of a thing xD.

THIS is an RP. We aren't three. THis isn't a "I have a fire shield!" "I have fire blast that goes through fire shields!" anymore. That is a strategy game, or a three year old 'super hero' bit. THIS is an RP. You all aren't used to actual RP's, you're used to these little typed up strategy games.

It's a challenge. It's taking what you have, and using it as well as you want.

Tiana_M
06-11-2007, 08:01 AM
@ Neo & Bron: Well sheesh you guys, you've barely given the thing one day to develop, this is a VERY different kind of RP we're dealing with here. That doesn't make it a BAD RP. WE were the ones that WANTED different from the regular Team RP's. We were also the ones to suggest a good number of the so-called "limitations" that Scotty has put into place. Now, you're saying that 'cause it's not all action it sucks? Look at all your arguments and tell me that most of the elements you all are looking for aren't typical of regular Team RP's, fast-pace, high-action, LOTS of power-ups and building etc. You have that RP in the Forsaken Bounds RP. Not all RP's have to be like that to be good.

I just don't think that it's quite fair to poor Scotty for you to say his RP is a poor RP just 'cause it's not a typical Team RP. He's been working, and still is working, hard to make this a pretty damn good RP. I think it just needs a little time and it will get much better. That's usually how things work in RP's that aren't Team RP's. And Scott just said *points at post above this one* that he's still working on it, so I for one am gonna withhold any judgment on how good of an RP it is until it's been fully developed and the ball is actually and fully rolling.

Neo Emolga
06-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Okay, it’s pretty clear you don’t want the whole war idea. Hate to say it, but this is what teams do. They try to rise to power and when their ideals clash, fights break out. This has existed ever since the first official War RP. However, there’s a fine line between not allowing massive machines, and then not allowing any weapons at all. It makes me glad I chose a very buff character. You don’t like the "I have a fire shield!" "I have fire blast that goes through fire shields!" thing, but instead we have people just hanging around, waiting until the sun goes down. Imagine what an RPG or MMORPG would be like without weapons. The thought of it is almost painful.

Right now, there’s just no crisis going on. If you want to know the biggest thing that frustrates me, it’s that. It’s like Resident Evil without the zombies or horror, or The Godfather/Sopranos with no crimes and no one killing each other. And Grand Theft Auto didn't become popular because it had childrens sing alongs or friendly fantasy creatures. These things gave us the opportunity to imagine we're in a different, darker world, and to play the part unbound by the laws of society or even the laws of reality. There's not a day that goes by that I'd like to see a darker version to Pokemon, where maybe not every town is springing up in happiness, and that some serious, real life threatening problem has happened and needs to be dealt with. Now you know why I come here to RP.

If you want me to invent a crisis, trust me, I can do that, even on a small but very significant scale, with no use of weapons whatsoever and following your rules of no violence. I just want this RP to feel like its heading somewhere, but considering rust's last post was instantly wiped off the planet just for having a simple katana makes me wonder if you really want any kind of real conflict in this RP at all. I know you don't want guns, that's fine and I know that's your mellow RP style. But not allowing someone the ability to get something they could have even gotten in real life without a problem (WeaponMasters FTW! (http://www.weaponmasters.com/)) just seems very restricting.

I know you want this RP to be a challenge, and I’m willing to rise to that. I just don’t understand why you’d make a “violent” themed setting in such a very, very non-violent situation. Right now, it feels like party that could have gotten started, but the police are here even before the fun and drinking began.

Charizard Michelle
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Okay, it’s pretty clear you don’t want the whole war idea. Hate to say it, but this is what teams do. They try to rise to power and when their ideals clash, fights break out. This has existed ever since the first official War RP. However, there’s a fine line between not allowing massive machines, and then not allowing any weapons at all. It makes me glad I chose a very buff character. You don’t like the "I have a fire shield!" "I have fire blast that goes through fire shields!" thing, but instead we have people just hanging around, waiting until the sun goes down. Imagine what an RPG or MMORPG would be like without weapons. The thought of it is almost painful.

Who was the one that callled me a genius about the idea of having this little gang/group thing? *Points to above post*

YOu know what. I actually like this kind of RP compare to the massive military RPs I have been in recently. Neo if you haven't actually looked at this RP closely then you will see that this is a WAR 'war' RP with different color skin. It isn't your military war like you ar use to but it is a war on lower scales. This is a 'gang' war that is happening right now in many cities across this United States. Kind fo advance 'gang' war but still a gang war.

I think I have showed that buff isn't always the best way to fight nor use when it comes to fighting and if you are planning to use your character's buffness to fight me in the RP good luck then because I think my character's power is perfect for me. haha Watch me literally slip out of your fingers Neo.

Still I can understand where you coming from Neo and you are not the type of person who can just sit down and do nothing nor can you ever create any conflict for your own character so you not use to just doing anything for yourself and depend too much on the interaction of other characters. Still if you look what me and Marth are doing we have already in one day have started some sort of thing now. What I suggest you do Neo is get out of the office and start something up with another character. You may be on the other side of town but there are ways for you to miss with Tianas group or the Rockets.

Give the RP a chance. Scotts knows what he is doing (I hope) haha

Neo Emolga
06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Who was the one that callled me a genius about the idea of having this little gang/group thing? *Points to above post*

YOu know what. I actually like this kind of RP compare to the massive military RPs I have been in recently. Neo if you haven't actually looked at this RP closely then you will see that this is a WAR 'war' RP with different color skin. It isn't your military war like you ar use to but it is a war on lower scales. This is a 'gang' war that is happening right now in many cities across this United States. Kind fo advance 'gang' war but still a gang war.

I think I have showed that buff isn't always the best way to fight nor use when it comes to fighting and if you are planning to use your character's buffness to fight me in the RP good luck then because I think my character's power is perfect for me. haha Watch me literally slip out of your fingers Neo.

Still I can understand where you coming from Neo and you are not the type of person who can just sit down and do nothing nor can you ever create any conflict for your own character so you not use to just doing anything for yourself and depend too much on the interaction of other characters. Still if you look what me and Marth are doing we have already in one day have started some sort of thing now. What I suggest you do Neo is get out of the office and start something up with another character. You may be on the other side of town but there are ways for you to miss with Tianas group or the Rockets.

Give the RP a chance. Scotts knows what he is doing (I hope) haha

Mikey, the RP specifically states "NO WEAPONS." Rust's entire post was deleted because of the katana. To me, that also says "NO VIOLENCE" in its own way. The Violent side of the RP is supposed to have violence. Second, the deal with us not knowing the team is... silly. In mob families, people know to kiss the don's ring. In gangs, people respect the leader with sincerity, or out of fear. That's totally gone in this one. We're invisible men in invisible teams.

Starting another character honestly wouldn't help. What could I do with a new character that I couldn't do with this one? My only thought is, doing something that would make money. Working a job or owning a business. But then, why would I have joined a team then that works like mercenaries? It wouldn't add up. My only thought is, leave the Team in the RP, make money through realistic means. Its the only way I can get out of the hole.

And Mikey, this RP is your paradise, it's just your kind of passive style. To people who like living on the edge with action and excitement like rust and myself, its a drudgery.

Draconic_Espeon
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
@ Neo: No weapons doesn't mean no fighting. (Well, it does right now, but not in general.) True, there's not much to do right now with no fighting and confrontations, but that will most likely only be up until Scott gets things together and everyone posts and gets themselves situated. And besides, who needs weapons when you've got powers and Pokemon? In this RP, those are your weapons and what you have to rely upon.

And yes, right now, things are kinda vague, but Scott is still putting things together, and the RP has only just started. Give it a chance, and things will fall into place. You've just gotta be a little patient. The War is six weeks long, and its my understanding that the RP itself may very well last longer. We've got plenty of time.

Marth
06-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Mikey, the RP specifically states "NO WEAPONS." Rust's entire post was deleted because of the katana. To me, that also says "NO VIOLENCE" in its own way. The Violent side of the RP is supposed to have violence. Second, the deal with us not knowing the team is... silly. In mob families, people know to kiss the don's ring. In gangs, people respect the leader with sincerity, or out of fear. That's totally gone in this one. We're invisible men in invisible teams.

Starting another character honestly wouldn't help. What could I do with a new character that I couldn't do with this one? My only thought is, doing something that would make money. Working a job or owning a business. But then, why would I have joined a team then that works like mercenaries? It wouldn't add up. My only thought is, leave the Team in the RP, make money through realistic means. Its the only way I can get out of the hole.

And Mikey, this RP is your paradise, it's just your kind of passive style. To people who like living on the edge with action and excitement like rust and myself, its a drudgery.

Pfft, you're so used to killing with weapons, you don't take in mind other ways of being violent. Rust's post was deleted not only because of the Katana, but because he mentioned Team Aqua and the past of the civilization, AND because he posted without signing up. Scott even mentioned you could use Blunt Weapons (Maces, clubs), and that's being generous, because the technology of the past is gone! You have got your own powers to be violent, and your Pokémon too!
Check my character, Light manipulation... it can't be used as a weapon per se, but I could make someone blind then punch him in his face, or set a trap while absorbing the light.

I bet there are more people favoring this RP than against it... so far, I've seen only you three, Neo, Rust and Bron, complaining about a different style-RP. Give it a chance, and as Scotty says, more's coming up next.
Yet I see you complaining about it, while other people have already started some kind of activity in the RP.
Mikey mentioned the interaction we're having... she's a rogue sent to retrieve a vase from me, and I'm going to deliver the vase myself. Sure, it doesn't sound very exciting TO YOU because you can't just walk in and kill my character uberly with a gun, or engage in a sword fight. This time, you have to use your brains to do it, not uber god-modding powers as in the past RP's. It's the other side of Roleplaying, and after 5 wars of basing ourselves in battle-themed RP's, people wanted to switch the coin and RP with the un-used skills of Deceit, Manipulation, Etiquette, Lore, Politics and such.

Charizard Michelle
06-11-2007, 04:48 PM

You know what team you are just like my character knows that she is part of Team Trainer. We just don't know who the leader looks like or is (Kind of like I have no idea who the dean and president of my uni is haha) There are many different kind of gangs Neo besides the mob gangs. (Something tells me you don't live near a dirty city with dirty gangs so you don't understand the idea of gangs I know). You can still respect the leader and your fellow gang members.

Like said above. You still have powers and you got a stick. Use it to make violence. YOu don't need a rocket launcher and a big gun to have blood and gore violence.

I didn't say make a new character. I just said get your butt out of the office and do something (Sorry for the rude terms but I saying it bluntly(whatever that means)) You are a mercinary. There has to be something you can do to get paid for. Kidnap an NPC or something.

Neo Emolga
06-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Pfft, you're so used to killing with weapons, you don't take in mind other ways of being violent. Rust's post was deleted not only because of the Katana, but because he mentioned Team Aqua and the past of the civilization, AND because he posted without signing up. Scott even mentioned you could use Blunt Weapons (Maces, clubs), and that's being generous, because the technology of the past is gone! You have got your own powers to be violent, and your Pokémon too!
Check my character, Light manipulation... it can't be used as a weapon per se, but I could make someone blind then punch him in his face, or set a trap while absorbing the light.

I bet there are more people favoring this RP than against it... so far, I've seen only you three, Neo, Rust and Bron, complaining about a different style-RP. Give it a chance, and as Scotty says, more's coming up next.
Yet I see you complaining about it, while other people have already started some kind of activity in the RP.
Mikey mentioned the interaction we're having... she's a rogue sent to retrieve a vase from me, and I'm going to deliver the vase myself. Sure, it doesn't sound very exciting TO YOU because you can't just walk in and kill my character uberly with a gun, or engage in a sword fight. This time, you have to use your brains to do it, not uber god-modding powers as in the past RP's. It's the other side of Roleplaying, and after 5 wars of basing ourselves in battle-themed RP's, people wanted to switch the coin and RP with the un-used skills of Deceit, Manipulation, Etiquette, Lore, Politics and such.

Deceit, Manipulation, Etiquette, Lore, and Politics does not mean violence. As for you and Mikey with the vase... you're right, that's not exciting. If you wanted this to be a diplomacy thing, then make diplomacy, but don't give it the label of violence when its not.

Regardless of all this, I'm still not giving up on this RP. In fact, I have a good idea that could change things, EVEN WITHOUT VIOLENCE! But I'll be frank, when it comes to RPs, this really isn't my preferred kind of setup.

Charizard Michelle
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Deceit, Manipulation, Etiquette, Lore, and Politics does not mean violence. As for you and Mikey with the vase... you're right, that's not exciting. If you wanted this to be a diplomacy thing, then make diplomacy, but don't give it the label of violence when its not.

Regardless of all this, I'm still not giving up on this RP. In fact, I have a good idea that could change things, EVEN WITHOUT VIOLENCE! But I'll be frank, when it comes to RPs, this really isn't my preferred kind of setup.
What am I right about again Neo?

Yeah. I agree what I am doing right now isn't exciting but who says I plan on going in and getting the vase diplomactic like? I have some sort of plan....Still depend on Marth to see what I will do.

Let see what you can do Neo. Get out of office and work! haha

Still one question Neo: Why in the heck did you place your character in a law office building? I mean not even I would do that to myself because that just sounds boring!

Marth
06-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Precisely the point of my post, stating that we're using skills that do require deep thinking.

Charizard Michelle
06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Precisely the point of my post, stating that we're using skills that do require deep thinking.
Deep thinking?.....Yeah. I am using lots of that. Yeah. I know what you mean Marth. That is me. Mrs. Deep Thinking here with all my deep thinkingness. Now let me go get my dictionary and look up those words that Neo said like Decity and that e-word. haha

Neo Emolga
06-12-2007, 02:45 AM
Deep thinking?.....Yeah. I am using lots of that. Yeah. I know what you mean Marth. That is me. Mrs. Deep Thinking here with all my deep thinkingness. Now let me go get my dictionary and look up those words that Neo said like Decity and that e-word. haha

Okay, I'm working at this thing, and I have the idea that will change this. Of course, it won't be god-modding or involve violence, but it will be something... very interesting and put a new spin on things. Trust me.

Dr Scott
06-15-2007, 05:51 PM
PM me Neo *Doesn't have time to read much*

This is a "Holy crap I have to work again in 4 minutes" post.

I've been really busy, I had planned to get on yesterday and finish it, and I took a nap at 4 and put BOTH alarm clocks to 9, slept through them BOTH until 3:30

I didn't know I was going to be this busy.

As soon as I get home I'll be working all day.

I apologize BIG TIME that I haven't have time to fix this all up, put my stuff up, etc. Felt really guilty / like pooh.

Anyways, 4 points will be awarded next week.

<3 you,
Scott

Note: I'm open to IDEAS, get on AIM (I prefer it over PM's), and I'll take it into consideration.

I'm not saying taht I don't care what you think, I just don't want another RP like we've had.

Neo Emolga
06-16-2007, 04:01 AM
PM me Neo *Doesn't have time to read much*

Alright, I'll send you my plan. Let me know if this will be valid.

Dr Scott
06-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Note: All of it was taken up one point.

Post 4: Tyra: Hanging out at Lake. 5.5/10 (Note: Good descriptions)

Post 5: Drac Esp: At university then stealing kids lunch money. 5/10

Post 6: Diesel: Trying to get to class, random trying to help catch 4/10 (Note: Don’t jump around, stick to one thing. First half was funny)

Post 7: FFK: Signing up for classes and hanging out 6.5/10

Post 8: Cress: Old man and the desert. 4/10

Post 9: Mikey: Random talking a tt controlled church. 4/10 (Note: More descriptions pal ;P)

Post 10: CP: Aww? Random. But I understand your dilemma. 4.5/10

Post 11: KB: Talking with Pokemon. 4.5/10

Post 12: Sonic: Quick little blurb about the thoughts, though too soon to find out things about the war, and good’ll Lo (I think I changed his name?) might not be as credible a source as you might think ;P 4/10 (Note: More actions, make your thoughts seem like thoughts unless you’re going in first person)

Post 13: Neo: Random thinking, like the above but a different storyline, though with more information and you worked it in seamlessly enough, and you’re setting your character up. 5.5/10 (Note: I dunno, just not enough substance and a lot of thinking for me ;_;)

Post 14: LZ: Talking to Gengar, nice use of color fonts for thoughts. 5/10.

Post 15: Marth: You’re so sweet xD. Talked to old lady about a job. 4.5/10

Post 16: King Rohan: Playing with Pokemon: 4.5/10. Nice use of colored fonts.

Post 17: Dark Rider: Short, him in his dorm. 2.5/10

Post 18: Drac Esp: Nice use of ‘tugging at chest.’ Personally, I like the use of the double power, you really took it above and beyond what it’s written as. 6/10

Post 19: Char Mike: Cute, random, What? XD 4.5/10

Post 20: Neppy: With Pokémon thinking about classes. Liked the descriptions and whatnot, though a better way of showing thoughts is needed. 5/10

Post 21: Neo: Man gets off shift. Man goes to gym. Simple, but well done. Almost as if you’re striking against me with every sentence xD. I found it humorous. 5/10 (Note: The 5/10 wasn’t for the humorous / against me bit, it was for the RP XD. Don’t want little anti-Scott RP’s up all over).

Post 22: Mike: Traveling to Marth’s place. 3/10. (Note: More description, longer, etc. is needed. C’mon buddy, I expect more from you ;_;)

Post 23: KB: More about her Pokémon and her ;P. 4.5/10.

Post 24: Marth: Sneaky use of power. The only thing in here that wasn’t a little surprising was the touched part, but I liked it. 5/10

Post 25: Diesel: Heading to the school. Again. 5/10 (Need more descriptions, just lots of talk is had. But nice, long post)

Post 26: Kitty: Nice use of colored fonts, talked with Pokémon. Good descriptions and good length yanked this from the ordinary into the good. 6/10.

Post 27: Char Mike: Haha, oh great timing? 4.5/10

Post 28: Marth: You sweet person, trying to distract Mike: 4.5/10 (ADDED NOTE: I look at talking posts and regular posts different. Technically, 27 wasn’t a talking post yet)

Post 29: Cress: More about the old man? XD 5/10

Post 30: Char: *BlinkBlink* Talking about vaces. 5/10 for average.

Post 31: Neo: I love your choices of names xD. Jenkins. Furthered yourself finally (wondered how long it would take), good length. 7/10

Post 32: DT: Nightmare, wakes up. Normal post. 5/10

Post 33: Tia: See above, minus the nightmares xD. 5/10

Post 34: Umbra: Talking about hiding, good for defense. Talked to Pokémon. Scott liked, descriptions :D. 6.5/10

Post 35: KB Talking to Pokémon and school whatnot. Still, some descriptions. 5/10

Post 36: Marth Nice job picking out the whole ‘acting poor’ bit. Still, small with little descriptions. 5/10.

Post 37: Chari Mike: Blah Blah, see above 4.5/10.

Post 38: Marth: C’mon now, I wanna see a bit more, even in talking :o 4/10

Post 39: Mike: Bit more like it. 5/10
Post 41: Marth: Randomly move to Superbia xD 4.5/10

Post 42: Char: Little small and lacking, bud. 4/10

Post 43: Tiana ;_;, about uni stuff. BTW, take hold of a teach if you want, but find out who FFK and Kenny have first : o, if you want stuff to do in the school. 3.5/10

Post 45: Kenny: Genetics class. I want to see more out of you Ken! But you had cute girls. So YA! 4/10

Post 46: sonic: In the dorms. 4/10

Post 47: KB: OMG IT’S TIA’S NAME. More with the Pokémon XD. 5.5/10 for a good, descriptive post.

Post 48: Drac: Went to classroom. 4.5/10

Post 49: FFK: Descriptive post. About school. 5/10

Post 50: Kenny: ;_; Clas and teacher. 3.5/10

Post 51: Tia: About class, start of something with KB. 5.5/10

Post 52: Kitty: Class, talking to Pokémon, much like KB’s, Tia’s, and FFK’s 5.5/10

Post 53: Neo: Little blurb about going to Jenkins 4.5/10

Post 54: FFK: Fancy, an added pic :o. Nice use of the teacher. 5/10

Post 55: Umbra: About the class, going to talk to FF. Added points for doing the talking thing ;P 5/10

Post 56: FFK: Nice use of Pokémon :o. At this point, it’s a very nice way to talk to add stuff to talk to people! 6/10.

Post 57: Mike: Michelle and her Pokémon: 4/10

Post 58: KB: *Twitch* I’m not sure whether to take this as a talking post or not. If so, full marks. But you really head out on a tangent xD. 6/10 , counting as non talk but still a great post.

Post 59: Marth: XD Scott’s Candy Paradise ftw. Secretive and whatnot. 5/10

Post 60: Mike: Small blurb on. … doing school work? 4.5/10

Post 61: DT: Leaving the place, oh so cute! Good long post, perhaps more descriptions with the talking. 6.5/10

The above is for the War RP judging. Look to see what I scored your posts! All posts are +1 in the actual grading.

Dr Scott
06-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Whichever 2 of these are signed up for, will the be the ones offered. ^^: I just wanted to give people a lotta choices!

Charmander (Speaking & Understanding)

Taught by the calm, nearly comatose Professor Hiriln Kare, and his two Charmander. Kare has a tendency to lecture a lot, and practice is often assigned to be done out of class. Only motivated students will do well in this class.

Professor Hiriln Kare is about 5'11. He has light brown hair and grey eyes. Hirilin is in his early thirties, but seems older. While he looks young, he's a stern teacher, with a tendency to lecture instead of having the students actually practice. His two Charmander, Beriluu and Borinvuu, often are present in class. However, they're not often used as assistants in the lesson.

Smeargle (Speaking & Understanding, but you won't have the paint tail to use for some forms of communication)
Taught by the patient Professor Pally Perkins and her three Smeargle. This artist has a non-conventional approach to teaching. She's a decent professor, however. Still, without the paint-tail of a Smeargle, while students can understand the language, there will be many things they can't 'say' in it.

Pally Perkins is in her late thirties. She's a fun professor, with a classroom filled with decorations and paintings, both her own, her Smeargle's, and from students. Pally has medium brown hair, and hazel eyes.

Tropius (Understanding)
The movements of a Tropius say as much as their words, as Professor Erin Ivanovitch will soon teach you if you take this class. She and her Tropius lead the class through a zoo exhibit of Blue-leafed Tropius, teaching not only the language of Tropius, but also the differences of the dialect of that rare sub-species/section of Tropius. You will learn to understand Tropius, but a lot of their language is not spoken.

Erin Ivanovitch has long, bleached blond hair, which is often tied off in a tight ponytail. She's a stern woman, with blue eyes that aren't of an icy color, but of a very icy temperament. Erin is a good teacher, but won't accept any nonsense in her class. Some students dislike her, but she doesn't really care.

Feebas (Understanding)
A class taught in a large pool... But if you goof off and just swim, you'll be in trouble! Professor Anna Smith and her Milotic and Feebas run a strict class.

Anna Smith is about 60, though still fit, since she swims many miles a day with her Pokemon. She has blond-white hair, and faded grey eyes. Standing at 6'8 she's fairly tall, and doesn't stoop, despite her age.

Anna is a friendly teacher, with a sparkle in her eye. She does not, however, like people who don't pay attention. She will not hesitate to remove someone from class if they're playing around instead of working.

Lapras (Understanding... Some speaking, but humans can not form all the tones or reach the pitches that Lapras can)

The language of Lapras is an intimidating one. Different tones can make the same 'words' mean totally different things, and a lot of their language is non-verbal. Professor Dan Kelzog teaches this class, along with a few Lapras he owns.

Dan Kelzog is an amazing author of many books about Pokemon, Lapras in particular. However, he's not a good teacher- he doesn't explain things well, because he forgets that others don't know all that he does!

Dan is 6'2, with dark hair that's beginning to grey slightly, and dark eyes. He is in his mid to late thirties. Many girls take his class for something other than learning, but he's generally oblivious to flirtation.

Swinub (Understanding)
Another non-verbal language. Swinub communicate in both squeals and body language. This class is taught by the eccentric Matty Melvin and his three little Swinub.

Matty Melvin is an interesting character, to say the least. He's fairly lighthearted and kind, though he does get a little upset if people don't work hard. Matty believes that everyone has an innate knowledge of Pokemon languages, and strives to bring this out in people. His Swinub are never far from him.

Swum, Smii, and Smeb, the Swinub, are all 10 years old. They're triplets.

____

People doing just school, pick one.

______

BTW, I think I'm doing to change around the "Just School" stuff.

Ya'll may now doing ANY of the school related quests, though I'd stay away from teh evil people from the outside ;P

FireflyK
06-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Not taking sides, most of this is in my own experience.

I want to win points, and to do that, I need to RP of course. However, the last two lengthy posts I've made are all things I could have easily done in real life, things I actually would have been bored to do. Unfortunately, I have the feeling the next ten are going to be the same way. And if and when the attack rule is taken off, it may yet be another twenty before the first fight breaks out. I also know that fight will be limited. The four Pokémon we have will be wh0red to death, and so will the powers. After a while, people will be so tired of wh0ring their four Pokémon and their one power that you'll begin to see a decline. Hate to say it, but plot twists won't help you when that happens, Scott.

In Team RP II, I'm the evolution of Lugia, Quinlong, fighting a wicked and diabolically powerful creature called Infera to save the galaxy, armed with amazing power and the fabric and balance of everything depending on this one battle. Here, I'm just another ordinary guy, on patrol, working out after shifts. The "No attacking / Territory Taking" is like an official "Please, no excitement just yet" clause. It's hard, and as I'm reading everyone else's posts, I'm dozing off. It’s all stuff that could have pretty much happened in real life if you just replace the Pokémon with animals, so why am I here writing this when I could just go outside and do it myself? It's killing me here.

I enjoy RPs for their escapism from reality. This doesn’t feel like that. This, almost makes it painful to be in the team based setting. We barely know our own team, our influence in the team is totally zilch, our chance to grow in the team is totally zilch, and we don't exactly know what we're even doing for the mysterious leader who will never show himself/herself, killing any backdrop for the teams we’re going to spend the rest of the RP in. I mean in this setting, it’s a total wonder how we ended up on these teams in the first place. Honestly, the teams in this RP are in this... just so we can say the teams are in it. It’s not a good thing if they could be completely chopped from the storyline and it wouldn’t actually make much of a difference.

Second, it’s very, very obvious the school-based realm of the RP was given much, much more priority, and makes me regret only going for the "violent" path (which doesn't promise violence for a long time). Who the hell cares about some random guy named "Superba?" it’s another "force of mystery" team that, surprise, yet again no one knows about. Heck, it doesn’t even have a name. I mean, are we actually supposed to investigate that or not? And where we would begin to really go with that with all the vague details? Hate to say it, but the storyline is so vague that I really can't have my character react to it. And sorry, but if this wasn't the War RP, I wouldn't be in here. This is like playing D&D without a Dungeon Master. Good luck with that.

RPs are supposed to have interesting and deep storylines, but not deep enough to the point where no one really knows what they're doing here, why they're with these teams, or be able to respond to anything if the current situation with "Superba" doesn't really affect them personally (which is so critical to an RP if you want people to have their characters react to it). Conflicts and intensity keep the adrenaline going, with the presence of danger and desire. Scott, you're working way, way too hard at making this RP like a straight-jacket. I know you don’t want the grunt complex, team leaders, or intense fights, but then for pete’s sake, let’s just admit we’re playing “house” and let that be the end of it.

I've been in Season 3's RP, Season 3 2/3's RP, Season 4's RP, and Season 5's RP. I don't mean to be mean about this, but I dislike this one most of all. Teams mattered in the last RPs, they had substance and everyone was willing to RP like hell to defend the team name. People got inventive, creative, planned strategy, and worked together. I see none of that here. In fact, there’s actually been no interaction between two RPers yet. Right now, I see no possible way I can get off the ho-hum track of doing everyday bore to breathe life into this RP.

And lastly, people like it when they get to mold the storyline and the depth behind the RP. Unfortunately, it looks like you’re the only one who is getting the pleasure of doing that this time around, Scott…

Sorry, but I'm not a happy Pikachu about all this... http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/Pikachu%20Emotes/blank.gif

Neo's complaint, in a nutshell:
I dun get to be a legendary pokemanz and beat everyone! No rp is complete without an affirmation of my godliness!

Here's a hint- if you're a godly evolution, what the hell are others supposed to be? Unless they godmode even more, they'll be nothing compared to you. Then things descend into the realm of the ridiculous. (IE, "I'm teh evo of Lugia!" "Well, I'm the 2ND evo of Ho-oh!" "Well, I'm jesus, hah! I win!" "No, I have an anti-Jesus shield and then I stab you with my amazing legendary katana that never misses it's mark and can cut everything!") The point of THIS roleplay is that people actually have to work for things, and learn to work togethor.

Why don't all of you complaning people let Scott finish working out the RP, before you whine?

The point of the no-violence time at first is so you develop your characters. Write about them... Not by yourself, with others. Have inside-team issues, if need be, and work out a hierarchy. Have your team work togethor to develop goals, or send out spies, or try to discover information on the upcoming stuff. Have your character make friends... Or allies... Or allies they can/will later betray. Explore the town. Get used to the politics. Enjoy the classes at school, and the drama that always breaks out among school kids.

If you can't find something to do, you're not trying.

Lord Celebi
06-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Neo's complaint, in a nutshell:
I dun get to be a legendary pokemanz and beat everyone! No rp is complete without an affirmation of my godliness!

Here's a hint- if you're a godly evolution, what the hell are others supposed to be? Unless they godmode even more, they'll be nothing compared to you. Then things descend into the realm of the ridiculous. (IE, "I'm teh evo of Lugia!" "Well, I'm the 2ND evo of Ho-oh!" "Well, I'm jesus, hah! I win!" "No, I have an anti-Jesus shield and then I stab you with my amazing legendary katana that never misses it's mark and can cut everything!") The point of THIS roleplay is that people actually have to work for things, and learn to work togethor.

Why don't all of you complaning people let Scott finish working out the RP, before you whine?

The point of the no-violence time at first is so you develop your characters. Write about them... Not by yourself, with others. Have inside-team issues, if need be, and work out a hierarchy. Have your team work togethor to develop goals, or send out spies, or try to discover information on the upcoming stuff. Have your character make friends... Or allies... Or allies they can/will later betray. Explore the town. Get used to the politics. Enjoy the classes at school, and the drama that always breaks out among school kids.

If you can't find something to do, you're not trying.

FFK's Argument in a nutshell:

"OMFG I am like so teh jealouz of neos rping but i aint amit it!!!111oneoneonetwo"

We have different ideas of God-Moding, Firefly. What you, ironically, ignore is that in the Team RPs and RTS-esque RPs that Neo and I enjoy, we actually work for our powers that we get. And yet, you say that the point of this RP is that people have to work for their powers. So, on top of being wrong, a liar, and a mud-slinger, you're also a hypocrite. Good job.

What's the point of having a violent path anyways if you can't have violence? And with the team hierarchy being a mess, there's no way we can meet team members or discover information. With the no grunt complex, guess what, we can't send out spies. This RP isn't even a political RP, because we can't be in positions of power, unlike the Season 4 RP which was largely political. And we obviously can't enjoy classes at school if we picked the violent path.

Have a nice day.

Tiana_M
06-18-2007, 04:34 AM
Hurr, can we stop with the arguing and get to the asking questions/CHATTING bit? This wasn't meant to be a flame war thread I'm sure.

FFK, Neo has already resigned himself to working within the laws of the RP, no need to yell at him further. Though you're right, everyone does need to just hunker down and keep with the RP to see where it goes.

Rust, no need to flame anyone just 'cause of comments they make, especially if the comments aren't about you personally. I thought you weren't gonna participate in this RP anyway, what made you change your mind?

Ya'll may now doing ANY of the school related quests, though I'd stay away from teh evil people from the outside ;P

Scott, where are these school "quests" you spoke about? or are they just kind of within the RP itself? If in the RP how are we supposed to know what the quests are? I haven't noticed any quests, if I've not been looking in the right place, could you maybe post a link to wherever you've been posting these quests? If you haven't been posting them an explanation of what you mean would be helpful...

Lord Celebi
06-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Rust, no need to flame anyone just 'cause of comments they make, especially if the comments aren't about you personally. I thought you weren't gonna participate in this RP anyway, what made you change your mind?

I'm not flaming, per se... FFK and I have been fighting a lot over AIM, due to FFK hating my God Complex, thinks I'm mentally retarded, and thinks I can't write and whatnot...

Marth convinced me. Go figure.

Dr Scott
06-18-2007, 04:46 AM
I'll read the crap when I'm more awake.

Tia, I meant the whole 'watch the teachers 'cus they are evil' thing, which will evolve when someone puts some thought into it. I might just tell someoen to get it started, kinda lead the others the right way.

Anyways, let me say this.

The RP is open. I can take some advice, or small hints. Such as "Oh, hey, it would be neat if you make it a little violent and add such and such a bit" in AIM.

Hint: If you say it mean, it ain't gunna happen. I have a short fuse lately.

HOWEVER, flat out arguing in my War Chat is not allowed, on any side. Too much arguing, and I will throw out warnings.

FFK, that means you.

Rust, that means you.

Tia, that means ... oh wait, nevermind xD

Finch
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I finally started. How do you like my opening, Scotty?

On a side note, I'm surprised nobody's come to me asking why I disguised Swarm as an organisation called "MILF".

FireflyK
06-19-2007, 12:56 AM
FFK's Argument in a nutshell:

"OMFG I am like so teh jealouz of neos rping but i aint amit it!!!111oneoneonetwo"

We have different ideas of God-Moding, Firefly. What you, ironically, ignore is that in the Team RPs and RTS-esque RPs that Neo and I enjoy, we actually work for our powers that we get. And yet, you say that the point of this RP is that people have to work for their powers. So, on top of being wrong, a liar, and a mud-slinger, you're also a hypocrite. Good job.

What's the point of having a violent path anyways if you can't have violence? And with the team hierarchy being a mess, there's no way we can meet team members or discover information. With the no grunt complex, guess what, we can't send out spies. This RP isn't even a political RP, because we can't be in positions of power, unlike the Season 4 RP which was largely political. And we obviously can't enjoy classes at school if we picked the violent path.

Have a nice day.

Jealous of Neo? o.0;
Oh, come ON. Even for you, that's mean. That is LOW. ;_____; I can do more than smash 'n bash things, thankyouverymuch. Honey, I would never write again if all I could manage was trying to constantly pwn stuff... That's not even close to the point of actual writing. It's like one of those pointless RP games... You smash stuff, get uber powers, and smash more stuff. So just keep your mudslinging to yourself, hmm? ;P You seem to project that insult a lot, even when you're the one going around insulting the RP skills of others... I was simply demanding patience from the unruly lot of you.

Seriously, though. The violent path's being developed. Since you've done #*#& all to help with that- and no, complaining doesn't count- you need to just chill out and wait for Scott to finish it. Patiently would be nice. While he's here trying to moderate your outbursts, he's not working on the plot, and that means a longer wait for all of us!

There's plenty of stuff to do in the meantime. Work out diplomatic stuff. Why not work on developing team relations, or your team's plans for what to conquer, if that's all you care about in the RP?

Or go to someone else on your team, and recruit them to help your random killer person. Why not even go after another person in the RP? Yeah, you can't really kill them, but it's boring to play someone to uber to even be found, let alone defeated, right? I mean, human interaction is good. ^_^

You don't need to meet leaders, either. Lead a small section, who've been given a task from teh leaders, if you can't think of a way to roleplay without being in charge. Or, have chaos among subordinates, who are worried about not knowing what the leaders are up to! ^_~ There are loads of ways to play grunts, after all... Much more interesting than just being the one who sits back and issues orders. =)

You can indeed send out spies! You can send other team mates. You wouldn't be ordering them, however. You'd be persuading them it is good for the team. That takes time, effort, complex posts, and so on. And it's fun.
Or, be a spy yourself! Do someone else's dirty work, instead of being teh boss. Experiencing new things is always good.

Neo Emolga
06-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Eh, you’re attacking me for this argument now? I did say I was going to deal with it.

FireflyK, rust and I just prefer to RP in a different style. We like the warfare. We like the pursuit of power and domination. The storyline becomes very engrossing and developed. Team RP II may appear to be god-modding, but its based on previous events from the Season 5 RP, which was long, and rust’s right, a lot of the power we use in this one is based off of that. Plus, you’re expressing your dissatisfaction for it even though it had started and finished long before you even signed up for PE2K. Some just prefer that way of handling things, they like acquiring new abilities and forces and taking on deadlier foes. Like an RPG where character growth is apparent. Nothing’s wrong with that, and if no one is complaining, then there’s no problem.

Now, in this RP, I found a good role that my character could play as a news station reporter, but it did take a while for me to find it. Out of all the RPs I’ve been in, virtually none of them had plot inserts added midway through. I guess that’s a style of Scott’s I’ve never actually seen before. I’m much more used to the element of presenting the situation first, and then allowing the RPers to forge their own experience from it. Again, it’s a style difference.

So even though I’d rather RP with something that fits my style, that does not mean I can’t RP in this situation. I’m just more used to seeing what rust and I usually find from the War RP. I don’t think anyone can disagree, this is pretty different from what’s for the War RP. My main concerns for disliking it were mostly because of the immediate lack of plot, the unusual team hierarchy, and the lack of any clear objective or goal. Again, I wasn’t used to this, but I found a good, non-violent way around it.

FireflyK
06-19-2007, 02:21 AM
I don't hate you. I have respect for you... Just not in RPing, I guess?
I think you're a good debator, and I smart person.
I just think you don't really expand on your characters much.

Don't get me wrong- war roleplays are fun. But when a few people take on super powers, everyone else either must continue to add more and more ridiculous stuff, or be easily defeated. It's no fun to always lose to whoever can godmode the most ridiculous stuff, especially when they think a handful of posts earns them legend powers (But would scorn others who did the same).

Rust, btw, was the one who brought you up, by claiming I'm jealous of you. xD Yes, I know he was just trying to be ridiculous to make some obscure point... But I don't really let his stupidity slide when I can avoid it. That's probably why he's gone back to picking on the younger pe2kers, who won't fight back, but that's someone else's problem, I've already done what I could to help with that.

War storylines are great, provided people don't neglect other parts of RP... Like character devlopment.. ANd the sneaky parts of WAR. Exploding stuff all over the place is pointless without a plot, and a reason to do those things. SPying and such are rarely seen, which is a shame, because they're important! The problem is, no one wants to be spied on or have their team have any flaws at all, so somehow, even very sneaky spies are always rooted out. Thus, the spying portion of war type roleplays is... Shall we say... Neglected.

;) I've seen a WAR before, Neo, I've been an on and off lurker for a LONG time before I joined.

Aquiring new abilities, fine. Doing so every time someone else does, and just to beat them... Is stupid. Learn to use what you've got, instead of adding more and more crap when the RP's just began. And when someone ASSIGNS powers, adding an extra of your own, as I believe Rust tried to do, is simply moronic an assinine.

I have far more respect for you and Rust, I'll give you that. I think you've actually done well in this RP- I just feel like if the war-like plot was there from the start, you would have leapt into that without developing your character at all. Heck, even before the WAR plot, almost no character interaction between ANYone is occuring, and that's disturbing. This is a roleplay, not a novel... People need to talk to people, and in a stressful war, that rarely happens!

Team hierarchy exists. Honestly, look at corporations.. Half the time the higher ups don't even KNOW what's going on, and I'd imagine teams are much the same. So, why not work with that, and have the hierarchy among the lower people being worked out? Those sorts of things are fun.... You just have to get over the 'I want to be THE most powerful' thing to be able to get to those. ;) Working with a controllable amount of people lets you actually accomplish stuff, get to know them, and so on.

The problem is, while you do some of that, Rust does none. His characters are flat renderings of himself, with the exception of those he tries to make different, who are unbelievable. I believe the term is 'cardboard characters'. Heck, look at the story he said he'd write... Already, he's telling people he'll call the girl 'sara'... He can't even deal with other cultures, let alone another gender, mindset, personality, feelings on life, anything... Rust focuses on the easily visible, like the character's actions- instead of why they're done, leaving him with unrealistic characters who somehow always know the best thing to do in every situation, and have no real personality- and their 'favorite' things, which he was asking about for the story he's doing.. That's stupid. Someone's favorite type of Pokemon is utterly unimportant to a story. Their family and influences growing up, their culture, even their personality... THOSE are more important, and he neglects all that for the superficial. Even the sort of place they grow up in... His characters may have long info sheets at time, but they're never really developed, and I have no respect for people who brag about being great writers when they can't develop a single believable character aside from one exactly like himself, let alone a REASON for how they got their powers, or spending time learning to use them, and so on... That's all. =)

You adjust to things, and the delay of action made you actually develop a character who looks to turn out to be interesting. Rust doesn't do that. That's the difference, and part of why I have no respect for him, whereas I respect- albeit not share- interest in your style of roleplaying.

skiboydoggy
06-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Now, now, before this gets out of hand... Scott might decide to do all sorts of zany point related things to your teams. Now that would hardly be nice, would it?

Finch
06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
[childish interjection] At least Neo puts the location at the top of his posts and fills more than about 10 lines... [/childish interjection]

FireflyK
06-19-2007, 09:43 PM
[childish interjection] At least Neo puts the location at the top of his posts and fills more than about 10 lines... [/childish interjection]

Good thing this was just from Finch... Anyone aside from him or Rust or pixlepix, and it might actually be offensive. xD

What does adding my location to posts have to do with anything? xD That's like failing a paper because the kid forgot to add the date to the top. Any idiot who's been following what's going on would know... That I add dates when I go to a new location. Why, if I'm just continuing from a very recent post, add another location, especially when I often describe the place ANY way in the post?

C'mon, Finch, even you know better. xD You (should, at least) realize RP's are about creativity and such, not about remembering stupid little notes at the top of posts for the sake of those who don't bother to read the posts. And if you're not reading the post to SEE where it is set, who cares about the location?
Common sense indicates that adding that to some points is obsolete, and I prefer not to waste space with it. ^_^ It's not needed.

Then again, since only my recent conversation post was short anyway, I suppose I already knew you don't bother reading other's posts, eh?

Finch
06-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I was joking, you freaking maniac. Get out of my life.

Lord Celebi
06-19-2007, 11:24 PM
The problem is, while you do some of that, Rust does none. His characters are flat renderings of himself, with the exception of those he tries to make different, who are unbelievable. Yeah. Look at Jason Searchum, the main character of 'The Cave.' Different than my usuals. And the reason why I play as my usuals is because its fun, but I guess you don'y know what fun is, because all you're dedicated to is making sure others have it instead :P I believe the term is 'cardboard characters'. Heck, look at the story he said he'd write... Already, he's telling people he'll call the girl 'sara'... Oh my god, what part of 'Nickname' don't you understand? If your friend was named 'Sarimi' would you call her 'Sarimi' or 'Sara?' I've made it clear in my story (I have writer's block atm, I can't think of a way to end it...) that Sara is a nickname, and she's referred to as Sarimi several times. He can't even deal with other cultures, let alone another gender, mindset, personality, feelings on life, anything... Yeah, right. Rust focuses on the easily visible, like the character's actions- instead of why they're done, leaving him with unrealistic characters who somehow always know the best thing to do in every situation, and have no real personality- and their 'favorite' things, which he was asking about for the story he's doing.. That's stupid. Someone's favorite type of Pokemon is utterly unimportant to a story. No, it isn't. I had a few ideas about a plot revolving around the character's favorite type (like how my favorite type is Water). Obviously, detail isn't important to you anyway, because all your paragraphs are stubby two lined pieces of crap. Their family and influences growing up, their culture, even their personality... THOSE are more important, and he neglects all that for the superficial. Or maybe I didn't ask about those because you already told me? You neglect to see the obvious, mon ami. Even the sort of place they grow up in... His characters may have long info sheets at time, but they're never really developed, and I have no respect for people who brag about being great writers when they can't develop a single believable character aside from one exactly like himself, Ha! Please read the Season 5 RP and the entirity of 'The Cave' and say that again. let alone a REASON for how they got their powers, Apparently, we're not supposed to know its Jirachi's magic. I knew the reason for my hybrid powers in Season 5. or spending time learning to use them, and so on... That's all. =)

You adjust to things, and the delay of action made you actually develop a character who looks to turn out to be interesting. Rust doesn't do that. That's the difference, and part of why I have no respect for him, whereas I respect- albeit not share- interest in your style of roleplaying.
I develop as I go, FFK. Action mixed with development is just how I write.

Also, I don't pick on younger members, contrary to what you (falsely) believe. And for the record, I have no respect for you either, because I've caught you lying several times already to either make yourself look good or to make me feel bad, you've started 95% of the conflicts we've had, and you are a hypocrite.
Good thing this was just from Finch... Anyone aside from him or Rust or pixlepix, and it might actually be offensive. xD

What does adding my location to posts have to do with anything? xD That's like failing a paper because the kid forgot to add the date to the top. Any idiot who's been following what's going on would know... That I add dates when I go to a new location. Why, if I'm just continuing from a very recent post, add another location, especially when I often describe the place ANY way in the post?

Its been a WAR Mandate since the first WAR. It helps know where the hell you are, so you know, we can interact with you. :rolleyes:

Charizard Michelle
06-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Save the debate for the WAR Debate competition ok guys and gals? No need to make this a pratice thread for you guys.

Firefly? Mind tickling my fancy and rate my RP skills and junk like you did for Neo and Rust? Also if you want so we don't 'pollute' this thread could you do it by PM? Thanks if you do do it.

FireflyK
06-20-2007, 12:38 AM
I develop as I go, FFK. Action mixed with development is just how I write.
If that was true, I wouldn't have claimed you don't develop. xD

Also, I don't pick on younger members, contrary to what you (falsely) believe.
Younger? Psh, if they can start an argument, they can finish it.
That's also quite a statement, from someone who likes perving to 12 year olds despite being told repeatedly to cut it out. Hypocritical, even.

And for the record, I have no respect for you either, because I've caught you lying several times already to either make yourself look good or to make me feel bad, you've started 95% of the conflicts we've had, and you are a hypocrite.
Sweetheart, you claimed I was lying after I said you resigned from hte debate.
You, yourself, claimed you'd been bested, and though you included some excuse- I forget what- you did indeed say you forfeited. Perhaps you don't like the truth, but I do, and so I told it. =)
You were the one who, between trying to send porn to the younger pe2kers, decided to tell people I was a wh***... What a wonderful, professional example you set.

Its been a WAR Mandate since the first WAR. It helps know where the hell you are, so you know, we can interact with you. :rolleyes:
If you are too stupid to realize that when the first sentence of my post mentions my character walking into class, that I'm at Marc University, than I'd rather NOT interact with you, thank you very much. :biggrin: Perhaps its my way of weeding out those who don't really want to interact/read others posts, or who are less than bright, shall we say....

---

Firefly? Mind tickling my fancy and rate my RP skills and junk like you did for Neo and Rust? Also if you want so we don't 'pollute' this thread could you do it by PM? Thanks if you do do it.

Sure. I'll go look for some of your posts, and take a look. ^_^ Going on a 1-5 scale, 5 being, the best. At the moment, from what I've seen, I'm leaning towards 3.5 or so, but I'll take a more thorough look before I give details to what I think are your strengths and weaknesses.

I'll start with your WAR RP biography, since I would hope the WAR RP stuff is something people do their best on. ^^

Character Development:

Your personality appears believable. You described your character as a friendly, honest person, who likes to help. She is called bright, and difficult to embarass. With how you play her, this seems believable. Also, many things make sense- Such as being secretive with powers, which some people forget. Also, you included things that are minor flaws, like being bossy. These add some dimension to the character.

One thing you should get major kudos for is for having a family background that actually matches her personality. A girl born to a middle class family, with both parents in 'leaderlike' roles, is indeed likely to be a bit bossy, and rather secure in how she sees herself. Though I would have liked to see some more details about the people who influenced her, and how, this was pretty good, I'd say 3.5 or 4, out of 5. You also included sports, though not exactly what interested them about her, or why a 'well off' child was taking self defense classes (Since she was presumably reasonably safe/protected, and in a decent neighborhood...)

More of a background, again, would have been nice, in her history. However, you did cover much important information, and included a few things to flesh out the character. I do see a few things I'd call a bit lacking, but you do seem to try to develop personality in your roleplay posts, so this isn't really a concern to me.

Over all, you play reasonably developed characters. While I think you could stand to try to play people more outside your comfort zone to develop your skills a little more, I don't see many real issues in your writing. As far as I can tell, you are writing consistent characters while developing your skills. I wouldn't consider you to be in the 4.5+ range of roleplaying, but nor are you a newbie to it.. You're kind of in between.

Personally, I would suggest you work on technical things like sentence structure and word variety, and put a little bit more effort into your character's background. While you wrote a coherent, cohesive explanation of your character, you didn't seem to consider several things that change/factor into a kid's life as they grow up. Parents are important, but if their parents have high-powered jobs, those the kid spends lots of time with also effect their psyche. In addition, family values, cultural values, their location, and so on have a big effect. Finally, motivation, what a person wants to be seen as, what they fear, and their way of dealing with assignments and trouble is an important thing to have figured out, and while I think you have this mostly down, you don't seem to connect these things to each other, or really consider how they overlap. ^_^

Lord Celebi
06-20-2007, 12:56 AM
If that was true, I wouldn't have claimed you don't develop. xD
I honestly doubt you've read enough of my writings to make that untrue claim.

Younger? Psh, if they can start an argument, they can finish it.
That's also quite a statement, from someone who likes perving to 12 year olds despite being told repeatedly to cut it out. Hypocritical, even.
I'm a tamer perv on AIM, mon ami. I pretty much never start it and usually only 'lol' or make a comment or two. There are pervier people here, FFK.

Sweetheart, you claimed I was lying after I said you resigned from hte debate.
You, yourself, claimed you'd been bested, and though you included some excuse- I forget what- you did indeed say you forfeited. Perhaps you don't like the truth, but I do, and so I told it. =)
Yeah... Sure. The first time I caught you, someone had asked if you and me were finished arguing. You said that I had given up, which was untrue, because we were still arguing. Also, you had said over AIM that Marth and BHK hated me, also untrue. I confronted Marth about what you said, and he said that he didn't hate me, and I was a WAR Leader for my opinions. He also said BHK was kidding, because that convo is in the Funny Convo thread. Go ask him yourself :P

You were the one who, between trying to send porn to the younger pe2kers, decided to tell people I was a wh***... What a wonderful, professional example you set.
Because by wh0re, I meant lack of integrity. And don't pull the archaic meaning thing on me, how do you expect me to come with an archaic meaning in 30 seconds? I meant the archaic meaning, Firefly, because tis true; You don't have any integrity.

Furthermore, I don't send porn. At all. I don't even look at porn. That, mon ami, is also a lie :D

If you are too stupid to realize that when the first sentence of my post mentions my character walking into class, that I'm at Marc University, than I'd rather NOT interact with you, thank you very much. :biggrin: Perhaps its my way of weeding out those who don't really want to interact/read others posts, or who are less than bright, shall we say....

Who says I can't break into the school? That may be a perfect way to instill terror upon the RP. I know you're at Marc University, since you've taken the school path, but the location is to say where exactly, like the Dorms, or the garden, etc.

We can take this to AIM after I finish watching House if you want.

Charizard Michelle
06-20-2007, 02:04 AM
Please take it to the AIM. Still I would like the idea of killer on the school. Makes things a bit intersting. haha

That sounds good. Firefly. I do notice that with my sign ups. They are always a bit lacking and not really connected to each other. SO yeah. I see where you coming from on that.

Also yeah. I perfer that my RPing speaks for me and not let the sign up do the speaking. Also I don't really care about that sentance junk since I don't have my english professor looking at it. haha Still I do stay with in what I say in my sign up. Also yeah I do notice my characters in RPs are kind of the same but I haven't found an RP where I can use my evil characters. Still I like playing good.

Yeah. I see what you are talking about my RPing. I see my flaws.

I'll start with your WAR RP biography, since I would hope the WAR RP stuff is something people do their best on. ^^

That made me laugh. Yeah. I do try my best more on the WAR RP...Yeah. In reality I just RP how I feel like it. I don't really try my best and maybe what you see is my best since I don't really push myself. haha

Mind looking at my WAR V and/orTEAM RP II RPing junk so I don't feel left out since you did the same for Neo and Rust. Thanks again if you feel like doing it.

FireflyK
06-20-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm a tamer perv on AIM, mon ami. I pretty much never start it and usually only 'lol' or make a comment or two. There are pervier people here, FFK.

Yet they leave people who don't want to be involved alone. You don't. Thus why I have a problem with you, and not them.

Yeah... Sure. The first time I caught you, someone had asked if you and me were finished arguing. You said that I had given up, which was untrue, because we were still arguing.
You gave up about the topic they mentioned, not the fight in general.

Also, you had said over AIM that Marth and BHK hated me, also untrue. Ask Scott yourself.

I confronted Marth about what you said, and he said that he didn't hate me, and I was a WAR Leader for my opinions. Yeah, I just pulled the quotes from my ass, right?
Give me a break... He believes in being polite to other mods. I don't.
He thinks you make stupid decisions. He's not alone. Chris/Link thought your D/P threads were dumb, and said that other staff did as well, and you ignored them and made 'em anyway. If anyone lacks integrity, it's you, and yet I don't go around calling you a wh***, even though you're the pervert harassing younger kids on pe2k.

He also said BHK was kidding, because that convo is in the Funny Convo thread. Go ask him yourself :P
BHK is not kidding, and I would know. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me, instead of asking the person who tries to smooth things over on URPG. Duh.

Because by wh0re, I meant lack of integrity. And don't pull the archaic meaning thing on me, how do you expect me to come with an archaic meaning in 30 seconds? I meant the archaic meaning, Firefly, because tis true; You don't have any integrity.
Haha, SUREEE you did.
Face it, you chose it for the double meaning.

Furthermore, I don't send porn. At all. I don't even look at porn. That, mon ami, is also a lie :D
Funny... I guess the complaints about you were lies, too, then? Damn, your very own teammates.... How sad. Not to mention chat records, the kid who was like "O.O; Get me off Rust's team NOW", and so on.
Must be a huge conspiracy against you, eh? I mean, you couldn't possibly try to discuss porn with kids who've told you to STFU... Nope, of course not....

Who says I can't break into the school?
No one did. Where the hell are you pulling that from?

That may be a perfect way to instill terror upon the RP. I know you're at Marc University, since you've taken the school path, but the location is to say where exactly, like the Dorms, or the garden, etc.
Honey, if I say I'm walking into class, then clearly, I'm in a classroom. Need I specify the number of desks and color of the chalkboards for you, too?

----
That sounds good. Firefly. I do notice that with my sign ups. They are always a bit lacking and not really connected to each other. SO yeah. I see where you coming from on that.
Yep.
^_~ I'd still take you on my team over hte people who make great signups, but RP poorly, though. ^^; Really, it's not a big problem, as long as you develop and connect stuff in the actual roleplays.

Also yeah. I perfer that my RPing speaks for me and not let the sign up do the speaking.
I did figure that, and for you, that works. ;P

lso I don't really care about that sentance junk since I don't have my english professor looking at it. haha Still I do stay with in what I say in my sign up. Also yeah I do notice my characters in RPs are kind of the same but I haven't found an RP where I can use my evil characters. Still I like playing good.
That's fine. We all have our own niche. I just think it's good to play a few different characters to get used to it.. Maybe even different sorts of people in the same alignment.

Yeah. I see what you are talking about my RPing. I see my flaws.
I try to see flaws and good points. You have enough good to balance the flaws, that I'd still enjoy RPing with you sometime. ;P I'm just honest with flaws as well as the good things, when I can be, because I think every single person, me included, could use advice on improving a bit.

That made me laugh. Yeah. I do try my best more on the WAR RP...Yeah. In reality I just RP how I feel like it. I don't really try my best and maybe what you see is my best since I don't really push myself. haha
That works, too. Some people do better being spontaneous. And when it comes down to it, RPing is just to write with others and have fun. As long as people don't godmode terribly or anything, I don't care if they're not always working 100%... Life's not always 100%, after all. I just expect at least 65% or so. ;P

Mind looking at my WAR V and/orTEAM RP II RPing junk so I don't feel left out since you did the same for Neo and Rust. Thanks again if you feel like doing it.
Yes, but not tonight, I'm afraid. ^^: I have limited time, and then I graduate and have a hugeee party starting on the 21st.
I'll likely get to this sometime around the 25th or so. Remind me if I forget, please, and I apologize for the delay, but RL's gonna be busy for me until then! ^_^

Lord Celebi
06-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Yet they leave people who don't want to be involved alone. You don't. Thus why I have a problem with you, and not them.
I'm sorry, but no one said "I'm uncomfortable with sex." I have self control, and I still didn't start it. If somebody said that, I would have stopped, but, apparently, no one likes to speak up for themselves nowadays.

Ask Scott yourself.
Ooooh, BHK. Since you read this thread, mind putting in your two cents about me? Same with you Marth?

Yeah, I just pulled the quotes from my ass, right?
Give me a break... He believes in being polite to other mods. I don't.
He thinks you make stupid decisions. He's not alone. Chris/Link thought your D/P threads were dumb, and said that other staff did as well, and you ignored them and made 'em anyway. If anyone lacks integrity, it's you, and yet I don't go around calling you a wh***, even though you're the pervert harassing younger kids on pe2k.

A) Quote from Ryan after me pitching and explaining my Trusty Trader idea:
Okay, that makes a lot more sense, I think that will work out.
Any mod can tell you he said that, and that I'm not making it up. So, its not my decision you have a problem with, its Ryan's.
B) Again. You have no integrity. That's why I said it.
C) Please, stop bringing this pervert sh*t up. You're only bringing this up because Larvinator was uncomfortable with a chat somebody else started, you blame me automatically, because I was there. There's no grand conspiracy, there's just you blaming me for something I didn't do to make me look bad.

BHK is not kidding, and I would know. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me, instead of asking the person who tries to smooth things over on URPG. Duh.
I call forth the mighty powers of BHK, to share his true feelings about me.

Haha, SUREEE you did.
Face it, you chose it for the double meaning.
Haha, SUREEE I did.
Face it, I didn't. I don't give a damn about your sex life, I only said it because it also meant lack of integrity. Saying "You don't have any integrity" doesn't have the same punch as what I said did. Now shut up about that, You're wrong, I used the archaic meaning which I didn't even know was archaic until you told me.

Funny... I guess the complaints about you were lies, too, then? Damn, your very own teammates.... How sad. Not to mention chat records, the kid who was like "O.O; Get me off Rust's team NOW", and so on.
Must be a huge conspiracy against you, eh? I mean, you couldn't possibly try to discuss porn with kids who've told you to STFU... Nope, of course not....
Funny how you have no evidence that I was distributing porn at all.[/QUOTE]

Neo Emolga
06-20-2007, 03:02 AM
FFK, seriously, QUIT IT. I know rust very well, he wouldn't do that stuff, he doesn't have a reason to. Second of all, this argument started with me and was dead and buried a while ago, and you decided to revive it again. Not a good idea. Scott specifically said he didn't want this entire thread turned into a argument.

Guys, please. Just stop.

Charizard Michelle
06-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey. After school in the RP who minds meeting with me so we can do something in the RP together or start something together? Like finding that room with the rift or start something long the lines. Anybody interested?

Marth
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Yes, I'll put my two cents here.
If you dare to reply to this particular discussion in this thread, Rust or Firefly, there will be a war penalization. This is not the place to do your food fight. Go to a mote....I mean, AIM.

Draconic_Espeon
06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey. After school in the RP who minds meeting with me so we can do something in the RP together or start something together? Like finding that room with the rift or start something long the lines. Anybody interested?

Sure. I need something to do with Tamaki/Reeah. I was going to do some stuff with LordZangoose, but he's dropped out of the RP.

Charizard Michelle
06-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Sure. I need something to do with Tamaki/Reeah. I was going to do some stuff with LordZangoose, but he's dropped out of the RP.

Quiter...couldn't handle being in this RP. haha

Ok. Still I have no idea what I will do though. Well I have something but it is still really liquid and have no form yet. If you have any idea then lets talk here.

Dr Scott
06-22-2007, 05:45 AM
*Sighs*

I wish I'd have time to actually run this thing ;_;. Just been busy lately, and like I told Marthy, it's hard trying to make my free time into 'going on the internet and doing stuff' time instead of 'my life' time. I've been having troubles with it.

So I apologize for the RP's death, and ... basically, not start. I should have realized this was coming and made a more self-running RP, instead of doing a project where I had to really big a bigger part of for it to run well.

I think I'll stick to joining RP's now and again from here on out. Running them is way too much work, at least at the moment, and ... PE2K and I have much different tastes.

Neo Emolga
06-22-2007, 12:24 PM
*Sighs*

I wish I'd have time to actually run this thing ;_;. Just been busy lately, and like I told Marthy, it's hard trying to make my free time into 'going on the internet and doing stuff' time instead of 'my life' time. I've been having troubles with it.

So I apologize for the RP's death, and ... basically, not start. I should have realized this was coming and made a more self-running RP, instead of doing a project where I had to really big a bigger part of for it to run well.

I think I'll stick to joining RP's now and again from here on out. Running them is way too much work, at least at the moment, and ... PE2K and I have much different tastes.

I know I made a big rant earlier about how the RP was being handled before, and I regret that. I know you were just trying to use a new method of plot development, and rather than seeing that as a mistake, it was commendable more than it was in error. Trying to come up with an idea that most (and its definitely most, since not everyone will like the same idea) is an absolute headache sometimes. Handling an RP with teams involved is actually a very fragile process. Incorporating that and a unique storyline is a difficult thing to weave together.

Considering there were five War RPs before this one that were very different and stuck to a general standard, this one had it rough considering it was going against a usual warfare expectation setting. In a way, I feel Tides of Darkness might have been responsible for leaving a bad taste of the warfare style RP in your mouth. More than not, however, RPers show a strong allegiance for their team in those kinds of settings. And yeah, its hard when your personal life affects what you wanted to do online. Running RPs is definitely work, I’m not denying that. And yeah, this was your first time running a War RP. It’s a tough job, but you did put a lot of good work into it and tried your best.

I wouldn’t call the RP dead yet, but if beyond all doubts you want to throw in the towel and focus more on stuff outside of the RP, talk to me, maybe we can work something out. We have a weekend, worse comes to worst, if things here don’t improve, we can try a different plot, get a clean slate for Weeks 3-6, and go for there. Call me crazy, but some of the best ideas I’ve come up with (Pikachu Survivor Game, PHT RP, and so on) were thought up and created in less than 24 hours.

So just talk to me, we can work on this if you want to try a different approach.

Finch
06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Please let us know what's going on at the end of this week, and get the RPing judged at some point. I'd hate to see our effort wasted. I don't blame you though, Scott, you had a monster job.

Charizard Michelle
06-22-2007, 11:51 PM
*Sighs*

That really sounds sucky Scotts.

Well the RP isn't dead yet. As long as there are people willing to RP then the RP is still there.

SUggestion. Instead of this Dungeon-Master type of RPing how about we kee the idea and make ig up like the past Rps. We have a huge city and there is a lot that can be done in this RP with the stuff you place in it. It kind of like the WAR V RP with the Crystals except this is WAR VI RP with strange pokeballs. Now how about we get rid of this line between the two polts (School and Violence) and just make it a bit together. There could be a way to keep the setting without scraping it.

You did a great job on this RP Scotts. You just didn't expect this to come.

Dr Scott
06-23-2007, 04:01 AM
Oh, it's not dead. I'm going to keep judging, and do what I can when I can.

Thanks for the support, guys.

Basically, it's all up there, everyone has just moved n and whatnot. If I had this all out a week ago, things would be much better, I'm sure. If it keeps up the inactivity, I'll probably try a last ditch effort of maybe allowing a bit more, making the plot 'bigger and less hands on' so to speak.

If Neptune was more active, I'd let her take a bigger hand in running it, 'cus she knows pretty much all about the plot.

I still think it'd work if I had more time, though xD.

I couldn't make the same ol', same ol', 'cus with ToD's, Team RP, and Rust's out there, it's just getting too much ;_;

Lord Celebi
06-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Oh, it's not dead. I'm going to keep judging, and do what I can when I can.

Thanks for the support, guys.

Basically, it's all up there, everyone has just moved n and whatnot. If I had this all out a week ago, things would be much better, I'm sure. If it keeps up the inactivity, I'll probably try a last ditch effort of maybe allowing a bit more, making the plot 'bigger and less hands on' so to speak.

If Neptune was more active, I'd let her take a bigger hand in running it, 'cus she knows pretty much all about the plot.

I still think it'd work if I had more time, though xD.

I couldn't make the same ol', same ol', 'cus with ToD's, Team RP, and Rust's out there, it's just getting too much ;_;

The only reason I made Team RP II was because this RP wasn't a warfare styled RP.

Oh, and I have free time now that I've postponed Team RP II. I'm also available if needed, though all my ideas will probably involve heavy amounts of violence and warfare XD

Neo Emolga
06-23-2007, 07:45 PM
The only reason I made Team RP II was because this RP wasn't a warfare styled RP.

Oh, and I have free time now that I've postponed Team RP II. I'm also available if needed, though all my ideas will probably involve heavy amounts of violence and warfare XD

I've been binge playing Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars and I'm back into my combat freak mode. But yeah, rust and I did kind of figure that Team RP II was for those who wanted a massive war setting. Now, it's gotten more on the apocalyptic-fantasy side, but that's what it was originally intended for.

War Season 5's RP was based on small defender militia or terrorist groups as the teams growing in power over a long course of time. We're talking about starting with nothing more than troopers and maybe a few outposts. In the beginning, they were next to nothing. Seeing them grow in influence and power over a very long and developed period of time is what made the difference. Plus the battles were intense, but they were sane and fair. Plus, the presence of the hybrids made things interesting with the change in racial influences and powers. It was a powered-up change, but nothing major. It also created a very political issue in the RP itself, again, boosting activity.

The reason why rust and I crave these kinds of RPs is because they get incredibly active, keep you wondering what's going to happen next, and encourage creativity and strategy, as well as keeping a prospective outlook. It's not just about making the next insane weapon.

This RP reminds me a lot of what Godfather: The Game intended to do. Have teams (families) spread influence and gain control of local areas. It's fun for a little while, but gets repetitive when it actually doesn't amount to anything or give reward enough to motivate the reason to make make this action. Also, the game discourages getting into major firefights, as you won't be able to handle most of what they throw at you. You can tell it tried to be Grand Theft Auto in the 1930's, but thoroughly missed the mark.

This RP, I think, might have been better totally without teams, and instead have some other crisis happen that would affect everyone. If people wanted to form the team, they could, but it would take a lot of time. Also, on your own without any supportive NPCs, its hard to do anything combative. Also, god-modding will be called at any act that makes quick significant progress (heck, you could even say this guy god-modded if this happened in an RP, but this happened in real life! (http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/lookupstoryref/200456162723)).

And another thing is, the best RPs have several storyline elements happening at the same time. In Season 5, it was the presence of the PHT virus, the crystals, and the fact Orre, Kanto, and Johto was under serious governmental anarchy. It left storyline for everyone to sink their teeth into, and I think a team RP of this kind of mass participation needs something like that. HKim addressed the political side of the PHT Virus, rust and I were more combative, and several others focused on other elements of the RP that they could get into. In the end, everyone had a role, and truthfully, that's how it got to be the way it was in success.

I'm not saying what should be or should not be done, but I've tried many different things and I have a clear idea of what really can work, and what didn't work out so well before.

Finch
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
That Captain Chontosh is Chuck Norris in disguise.

Tiana_M
06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
That Captain Chontosh is Chuck Norris in disguise.

LMAO! yeah he is.

Sorry that I haven't been that active lately I just started summer school and it's been hectic. I had to add my class which was just time consuming 'cause of the long line, then I couldn't get on the school site to register for fall and I lost my wallet and had to get a new ID card... not a good past week and a half. I'm starting to get a routine going though so I'll be more active from here on out.

I'm hoping to do more with the professors being evil bit in this next post of mine. Are the character controlled professors evil too or not? I will assume they are not evil for this post, though I'll leave it open so that they can be in case you wanted them to be.

Charizard Michelle
06-28-2007, 04:09 AM
LMAO! yeah he is.

Sorry that I haven't been that active lately I just started summer school and it's been hectic. I had to add my class which was just time consuming 'cause of the long line, then I couldn't get on the school site to register for fall and I lost my wallet and had to get a new ID card... not a good past week and a half. I'm starting to get a routine going though so I'll be more active from here on out.

I'm hoping to do more with the professors being evil bit in this next post of mine. Are the character controlled professors evil too or not? I will assume they are not evil for this post, though I'll leave it open so that they can be in case you wanted them to be.

If you are doing that then you are making it less work for me to do then Tianas which is a good thing. I am too beginning to work on some universtiy stuff in the RP as in the evil professors thing. Thanks for the help.

Draconic_Espeon
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
If you are doing that then you are making it less work for me to do then Tianas which is a good thing. I am too beginning to work on some universtiy stuff in the RP as in the evil professors thing. Thanks for the help.

I'm still keeping in, and I'm going to try and get Tamaki in on the 'evil teachers' plot while Reeah looks for the Pokeball. ^^