PDA

View Full Version : Cable link

filgod
10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
if I try to link pokemon red to pokemon blue using 2 GBA with their link cable, will it work?

Zenaku
10-27-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure exactly (Not having tried it) but I doubt it, to say the least. The GBA transmits data differently to the old GBC, since the Cable sends both players data at the same time (As oposed to the GBC sending each players data seperately). It's for this same reason that RS aren't backwards compatible.

Also, to add to the reason; my Cable has a GBA and GBC option. If the GBA cables could function for GBC games, then it wouldnt need a GBC setting. You can try if you want, but you won't get anywhere using a GBA link cable, unless it has the extra GBC setting.

filgod
10-27-2004, 10:03 PM
But I believe there is a universal cable for this situation, 2 GBA with GB pokemon games... :eh:

Zenaku
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Mine is a Universal Link Cable, but ONLY because it has a switch to change between GBC and GBA. If your GBA link cable does not have a switch, then it won't work with GBC games.

You need one with a switch, or an old GBC link cable; that's the only way it'll work.

filgod
10-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Mine is a Universal Link Cable, but ONLY because it has a switch to change between GBC and GBA. If your GBA link cable does not have a switch, then it won't work with GBC games.

You need one with a switch, or an old GBC link cable; that's the only way it'll work.

So a Universal Link Cable works as well as a GBC cable on 2 GBA... :neutral:
Guess Iīll have to get one... :confused:

Thanatos
10-28-2004, 11:16 AM
It won't work, I've tried. Either get the original GBC cord out (with two GBCs or two GBAs) or get the universal one.

filgod
10-28-2004, 11:22 AM
It won't work, I've tried. Either get the original GBC cord out (with two GBCs or two GBAs) or get the universal one.

Thatīs what I said in the previous post... :tongue: