PDA

View Full Version : Articuno Death Combo

DoomDesire
03-13-2004, 01:20 AM
This is insane. On serebii.net it says At Level 37 he learns Mind Reader. So his next move will always hit, we all no that. Lv.85 he learns Sheer Cold a OHKO move. If he knows both of them then he can KO and pokemon with two turns. Mind Reader first then Sheer Cold next turn will hit no matter what. I didnt think Nintendo would make a killer pokemon like this.

Thunderbird
03-13-2004, 05:01 AM
Yes. But u can always switch if Articuno uses Mind reader.

boltAge
03-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Yes, only if Sheer Cold was invented in GSC. Cuz it could trap enemies with the GSC TM Whirlpool, but not anymore in RSFRLG. Articuno is too fragile for trap + OHKO anyway.

DoomDesire
03-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Trainers usually dont withdraw though so I think it will work out well. And really good if he is allowed in BT.

boltAge
03-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Trainers usually dont withdraw though so I think it will work out well. And really good if he is allowed in BT.
Once Articuno pull the Mind Reader, an experienced trainer would know Articuno is going to Sheer Cold, thus, will switch out. It's not hard to counter one anyway, Skarmory with Sturdy Trait eats that thing(Sheer Cold will never be able to touch a Pokemon with Sturdy). :biggrin:

Marill
03-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Yes, that's very true. Besides that, I am glad that some people will enjoy Articuno's accompaniment, as I will not be capturing any of the legendaries. Oh well, the combo sounds great, and hopefully there will be more like that on other Pokemon.

Tamer Marco
03-16-2004, 11:43 PM
I doubt it'll work 100% all the time though. That is a killer combo but a experienced trainer would know when that will happen.

Ixidor
03-17-2004, 05:32 AM
articunos just a piece of ****, anyone can take it, jus dont try it with weak ass pokemon

Shroomish
03-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Something like this is already in play anyway. Poliwrath with Mind Reader + Fissure. He learns Mind Reader by level in GSC and then Fissure is an RBY TM he can learn so.... yeah.

It's easy to counter. Use Protect for one thing.

boltAge
03-17-2004, 06:46 AM
yams

Go ___!
Go Articuno!

Articuno used MIND READER!
____ used something and whacked Articuno badly!

___ switches to _-_____-____!
Articuno used Sheer Cold! It missed!

_-____-___ used something! Articuno fainted.

Duh :rolleyes:

Pink Yoshi
03-17-2004, 03:58 PM
LOL...

All the trainers I know arent expirenced enough to figure that one out ("In a world of idiots, there is but one")... -_-; Although im glad Nintendo let Articuno have something like that, Articuno is go purty :rolleyes:

Shroomish
03-17-2004, 06:55 PM
LOL...

All the trainers I know arent expirenced enough to figure that one out ("In a world of idiots, there is but one")... -_-; Although im glad Nintendo let Articuno have something like that, Articuno is go purty :rolleyes:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have two people to play with now. (My cousin and my nephew) and both haven't a clue about strategy.

I'm not that great with making movesets and such but they're pathetic.
Nephew: "My Blastioise rules! It knows Hydro Pump, Water Gun, Bubble, and Bite!" -_-

So, yeah, it's fun to have something like MR + SC against someone like him. :P

Thunderbird
03-18-2004, 09:46 AM
So, yeah, it's fun to have something like MR + SC against someone like him. :P
don't u understand? MR + SC is a cheap move. Use them only if u don't mind being cheap. :razz:

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Im not a big legendary fan but i think its a good combo to put on Articuno. And I have no people that even no what sheer ice and mind reader even do in my nieghborhood.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-20-2004, 11:00 PM

You are SEVERELY mistaken if you play online. Maybe AI opponents, but no one is stupid enough to stay in against Mind Reader._.

You all could use some Netbattle. Thats real strategy right there.

DoomDesire
03-21-2004, 02:01 AM
idont play online or anything but for me that combo will work (awesome for battle tower in Ru/Sa if he can particiapte whichhe prolly can't. IDK)

Thunderbird
03-21-2004, 03:24 AM
idont play online or anything but for me that combo will work (awesome for battle tower in Ru/Sa if he can particiapte whichhe prolly can't. IDK)
u can, if u trade it from FL to RS. the battle tower only ban mewtwo and mew.

Suicune
03-21-2004, 03:31 AM
All you have to use is protect or detect and the strategy will fail. You could also use roar. THink about it. If somone uses mind reader you know that they are gonna use Dynamic PUnch or Zap Cannon or Horn Drill or Fissure or Sheer Cold,etc. ON the average pokemon Player it would be devastating. But if you use it on an expert they ought to see it coming. Good strategy overall though!

Ironshell Blastoise
03-21-2004, 04:31 PM
All you have to use is protect or detect and the strategy will fail. You could also use roar. THink about it. If somone uses mind reader you know that they are gonna use Dynamic PUnch or Zap Cannon or Horn Drill or Fissure or Sheer Cold,etc. ON the average pokemon Player it would be devastating. But if you use it on an expert they ought to see it coming. Good strategy overall though!

You'd be a ******* to waste two move spots just to make sure a 50% accuracy move hits that doesn't do wonderous things. The OHKO I can understand, and, yeah, DP and ZC are nice, but its retarded to put Mind Reader there just to make sure they hit ._. And no, Roar/WW won't work.

Skarmory used Spikes
Articuno used Mind reader

Articuno used Sheer Cold
Skarmory fainted! <<<(that is where Skarm woulda Roar/WW)

You'd have to have 1337 prediction to Roar on the turn they Mind Reader. But switching is the obvious counter. If you don't switch, GFG.

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 12:32 AM
You mean 30%

Thunderbird
03-22-2004, 10:37 AM
You mean 30%
Dynamicpunch and Zap cannon have 50% acc. The OHKO moves, on the other hand, have 30% acc.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-22-2004, 07:02 PM
You mean 30%

No, 50% for Dynamic Punch and Zap Cannon.

DoomDesire
03-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I thought he meant sheer cold (since this is what the topic is about) :think: :think: :think: :think:

Steven
04-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Good thing he's a legendary and I don't have to worry about ubers using him to hurt me cause I never fight legendaries because they are simply a sign of a weak uber trainer...

boltAge
04-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Good thing he's a legendary and I don't have to worry about ubers using him to hurt me cause I never fight legendaries because they are simply a sign of a weak uber trainer...
No, legendaries does not signify a weak trainer. Only ubers and other cheap Pokemon do. And some legendaries are just weak(Entei doesn't have nice stats...).

And Steven, you should know this, don't bring up threads m0re than a week old.

Steven
04-10-2004, 09:53 AM
No, legendaries does not signify a weak trainer. Only ubers and other cheap Pokemon do. And some legendaries are just weak(Entei doesn't have nice stats...).

And Steven, you should know this, don't bring up threads m0re than a week old.

More than a week old??? I didn't know it was old at all. It was right on the front page... Jeeze... I feel like your treating me like a n00b. I know there are some exceptions to the legendaries with good stats, but I really don't care because most newbs assume that they are rare and that they have good stats anyways.

Thunderbird
04-10-2004, 10:03 AM
More than a week old??? I didn't know it was old at all. It was right on the front page... Jeeze... I feel like your treating me like a n00b. I know there are some exceptions to the legendaries with good stats, but I really don't care because most newbs assume that they are rare and that they have good stats anyways.
Nah, Raik is just telling the truth :tongue3:

Anyway legendaries with average stats less than 100 is not considered as a 00ber.

Steven
04-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Nah, Raik is just telling the truth :tongue3:

Anyway legendaries with average stats less than 100 is not considered as a 00ber.
Meh oh well, I always call legendaries ubers cause they use it, not really because of stats... I didn't know that there was an actual technical term for uber... :sweat: I am just used to the topics on the first page being recent... ahh!

Alakazam
04-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Heh, what if you used Mean Look and then switched to use the Articuno combo?

Shroomish
04-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Well... Doesn't Mean Look's effect wear off when the user switches?

And, Zam, you brought back an old thread. :naughty: XD
Alot of people are doing that lately. It's just because the boards aren't as active as they used to be and old threads remain on the first page for longer periods of time. PE2K might want to put an exctension on that rule (like, 2 weeks old maybe) until things livin up again.

Ironshell Blastoise
04-27-2004, 07:19 PM

(Insert Pogeyman name here) used (insert move name here)
Umbreon used Mean Look!

(Insert Pogeyman name here) can't escape now!

*next turn*
(Insert Pogeyman name here) used (insert move name here)
Umbreon used Baton Pass!
Articuno was sent in!

Thats how it is done, kthnx. With that, as long as they have no 2HKO moves on Articuno, they dai...