PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Seed

Zenaku
10-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Well, not sure if any of you know, but a new Gundam Seed GBA game is coming out in Japan (Gundam Seed Destiny) on the 25th November. Fans of the series might like this, as I especially enjoyed Gundam Seed: Battle Assault (I just hope they use the same system). And no, I do not mean the English version; the english version of Battle Assault sucks: They changed the game completely! I don't mean storywise, either...

The battle system was completely redone, as was the main theme of the game (It became a side-view beat 'em up). In the Japanese version you follow the storyline of the series, obviously. You fly around a map destroying enemies by targetting and attacking, until the mission objective is complete (Missions are based on the ones in the anime). Bad thing about it is that GameFaqs doesnt have an area for the Japanese version... They must assume both are exactly the same, but trust me, they arent.

The Battle Assault game, to put it simply, is awesome. It's one of my favorite GBA games, alongside SD Gundam G Generation Advance (Which is a strategy game following the Seed saga, yet extra characters like Hiiro Yui are in the game, as playable characters).

Anyway, back to the main topic... Gundam Seed Destiny. I hope it has the same system as the Japanese Battle Assault, as do many other fans of the game. There are other Gundam titles also, such as for the DS, and another console version of Gundam Seed for PS2 (Maybe other consoles), which happens to be yet another Battle Assualt (Hitting Japan on November 1st). It has the beat 'em up system, like the English GBA version, unfortunately.

Anyone looking forward to these games?

EDIT: Another new game, Mobile Suit Gundam vs. Z Gundam. It's confirmed for the PS2, but apparently, there's a chance it might hit the gamecube. Finally a 3D Gundam game I can play without having to borrow my brothers PS2!

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 04:42 PM
I love Gundam Seed, these games sound great I cant wait for there release. Gundam Seed: Battle Assault was great I loved it.

Kenny_C.002
10-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Intersting indeed. Hey, if it's any indication, the first 2 eps of Seed Destiny pwned the entire first series already (It's partially because of Stellar, the other part is that I don't have to put up with Kira so often. lol). lol

Zenaku
10-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Intersting indeed. Hey, if it's any indication, the first 2 eps of Seed Destiny pwned the entire first series already (It's partially because of Stellar, the other part is that I don't have to put up with Kira so often. lol). lol
lol Yes. I have Ep1, and am getting Ep2 as I type this (Though it's a really slow download despite broadband). Shinn despises Kira, since the blast from the Freedom Gundam killed his parents, and if you watch the intro closely you'll see the Freedom and Impulse Gundams fighting one another. The Destiny Phase1 intro was so awesome. But... That's anime. I just hope the Destiny game will be as great as the first few episodes (Heck, the entire series will rule once all 50 episodes are shown).

Hopefully the game will bring a few extra sprites that people can use; the sprites in my banner and avatar are from the Japanese Battle Assault game.

Kenny_C.002
10-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah I noticed eh. But it's kinda strange having Minerva fight against an ally. lol

And that new "Char" character...it's like....Mr. Kruz all over again.

Zenaku
10-30-2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah, he just holds it against Kira a lot. Then again, seeing the bodies of your dead family and knowing who's responsible would make you a little mad. I thought Shinn had lost his mind.

Hm... I wonder if Gundam Seed Destiny game will contain more anime images...

And yeah, I've seen pics of Char, yet havent seen him in the episodes yet. Still downloading Phase 2. I don't know what fascination the writers have with masked guys though... Masks make them more evil? Mysterious? lol Someone should make a Gundam discussion thread in the anime board.

EDIT: Just watched Phase 2. Awesome stuff. Apparently, "Char"'s name is "Neo Roanoku" (ネオ。ロアノク) according to the Japanese Gundam Seed Destiny (http://gundam-seed-d.net) website. Also, Shins last name is Asuka. I would translate more but eh...

Kenny_C.002
11-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Yeah. I wait for the subs.

The masked guys have always been there as a tribute to the legendary "Char", that's why. lol

And I noticed how much they copied Zeta Gundam -_-. lol

And all the more power to Shinn, since I don't personally like Kira all that much either (Lux chose the wrong guy. lol). And I'm sure they'll try to outdo themselves in this gba game...or make a strat one (those were fun)!

Zenaku
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
lol Yeah, that's what I like about SD Gundam G Generation Advance; it followed the Gundam Seed storyline, but added characters from previous series, such as Domon, Hiiro Yui, etc. As for Shinn, he's cool, yet his Impulse Gundam's basically a clone of the old Strike Gundam, with a few upgrades. Also wierd how he's wearing the ZAFT uniform, but eh...

Anyways, I checked out info for Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (DS) and all they have is a 7sec movie at GameSpot. Despite the length though, the graphics look amazing (Even if it is just the Aile Strike Gundam flying around).

Also, for the PS2, Gundam Battle Assault 3 is coming out on November 11th (Not sure if I got info wrong in the first post or not) in America. Also, only 23 days until Gundam Seed Destiny GBA game is released. Hopefully, since it's not technically a Battle Assault game, whatever system it uses won't be changed. GameSpot says December, and GameFaqs say November 25th as release dates.

pokemon fan
11-27-2004, 02:51 AM
I want cartoon network to show gundam seed again on saturdays. They just took it off of the air without even showing reruns.

Zenaku
11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
The Gundam Seed Destiny game is out, and unfortunately it's like the American Battle Assault GBA game. It is great however, yet I found it strange that Neo was not a character in the game, yet Raww le Kleuze was playable in both his custom MS and his Providence Gundam...

A character is in the game that hasnt appeared in the series yet, also. Her name is Mina, and her Gundam seems to have power absorbing abilities. Whether these character differences mean Raww le Kleuze will appear in GSD, somehow, I'm not certain.

I want cartoon network to show gundam seed again on saturdays. They just took it off of the air without even showing reruns.

I'm British, so it isn't shown here, however I hear that it is shown at 1AM (Or around that time) each Saturday night on CN. Check the Cartoon Network TV schedule to see the time.