PDA

View Full Version : Metriod Prime 2 vs Halo 2

VenusaurTrainer
10-31-2004, 01:40 AM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Crops01-METROID.jpg
Halo banner coming soon

With the release of both Metriod Prime 2 Echos and Halo 2, it will be interesting to see which game is better than the other. Both games our excellent shooters in their own consoles, and they both lack some things. But, they both have the potential to be great games and their are two different styles of gameplay.

This thread is here to discuss what features make these games so great and set them apart from the other. Give your opnion on which game is going to be better and why.

Here are some things about these games that can help you out:

Metriod Prime 2: This game has an excellent storyline and is a well-definded adventure as well. The enemies in the game are intense and thier is plenty of action. With lots of weapons and tools at your disposal, as well as new features such as new suits and a multiplayer mode and bette graphics, MP2 really is a phomemal game.

But, it lakes some things. The mutiliplayer isnt that great and it may not interest those who are looking for fast paced action. It also lags internet play, which nintendo does not have, as well as veichles to fight in.

Halo 2: An excellent improvement form the orginal, this game has better features. The storyline has been ramped up and more weapons and veichles make it exciting. The mutliplayer mode is the key thing, enabling to play poeple all over the world using Xbox Live.

However, the storyline may be lacking a good plot. Also the controls may be hard for people who never played the game

Now that you have some detail on it, please feel free to discuss all of this. Remeber: Dont Flame, give reasoning, and make this into a chat thread.

In my opnion I think that Halo 2 will be better. Becasue I love fast pase action and the multiplayer will kick ass.

Jet
10-31-2004, 01:57 AM
Well, it will be a tie to me... I mean, there is an equal amount of solitary and wide spread gamers around... MP2 for those single players. Halo2 for multi. Bah, I'll just state the facts

MP2:

+1 - better stoyline
+1 - lot of improvement
-1 - multiplayer isn't such a good idea
-1 - GC... more expensive than XBOX... (well, where I'm from anyway)

Halo2:

+1 - Multiplayer mayhem
+1 - new stuff too
-1 - storyline isn't too good
-1 - almost always, kill the target, protect the target, go to target, save target, or escape...

bah, they're equal in my book =P

The Elite Ygseto
10-31-2004, 01:40 AM
How do ya'll know if the storyline will or will not be good? I doubt that it will have a bad or medeocur storyline.

BTW Jet, you did you comparison like they do on Judgement Day. :P

VenusaurTrainer
10-31-2004, 01:57 AM
I was basing the stoyline part by how good the first games were.

Dragonair
11-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Bah, I'll give Metroid Prime 2 the tap of my hat. I don't have an X-Box :tongue:

VenusaurTrainer
11-01-2004, 10:48 PM
So far Halo 2 is beating Metroid in preorders big time.

Dragonair
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
That's hardly surprising to me, this is the game people have been waiting for since Winter 2003 (its original tentative release). Plus the X-Box is outselling the Gamecube from what I heard.

The Elite Ygseto
11-02-2004, 03:32 PM
I was basing the stoyline part by how good the first games were.
You didn't like the storyline for the first Halo? I thought it was outstanding.

This is going to be a hard chice for the best, last time MP had far better graphics but now they seem to be on par. So it will be a very hard decision on the best console FPS.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 09:40 PM
You didn't like the storyline for the first Halo? I thought it was outstanding.

This is going to be a hard chice for the best, last time MP had far better graphics but now they seem to be on par. So it will be a very hard decision on the best console FPS.

No not at all I'm jsut saying that Metroid had a more indepth storyline.

The Elite Ygseto
11-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Yeah thats because its more Action Shooter, rather than a all guns blazing Shooter like Halo 2.

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 01:18 AM
I liked Halo better because it had better guns and a better fighting system.

Mystery_Guy
11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
MP 2. I don't really like Shooters, but seeing as Prime is a FPA, it doesn't matter. I don't really know who would win. Probably Halo 2, because I get the feeling Prime isn't quite as popular as it seems. Metroid's just more my type of game, so MP 2 gets my vote.

Poke the North!
11-04-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm biased towards Nintendo anyway, but I had loads of fun on the first Halo multiplayer, and I don't doubt that I'll do the same when my Xbox-owning friend buys it, however in terms of single player and innovation, Prime 2 really will have to take it. It'd take something really disappointing from Nintendo and something really exceptional from Microsoft for me not to prefer Prime 2.

VenusaurTrainer
11-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Each system has a exclusive FPS and there all good. Nintendo has Prime, Microsoft has Halo, and PS2 has Half Life 2.

GreenF!reR@ge
11-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Thre is going to be no competition what so ever... Halo2 will wipe the floor with Metroids little, non-online play gamecube butt.

[Fair]
11-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Halo 2 Will Be Better. For one big reason - Online Multiplayer.

Seriously, come November 9th, if you have an XBOX and XBOX Live, chances are, you'll be doing nothing but playing Halo 2 against all of your friends and enemies. Bungie has really gone all out to make sure that all of Halo 2's online features kick some serious ass. Tournament Creation? Check. Clans? Check. Completely Customizable Gametypes? Check. Four People On One XBOX Playing Online At Once? Yup. Complete online stat tracking? Uh huh. So much goodness... Plus, if you create a clan, you will have your own website and message board hosted by Bungie.net.

Metroid Prime 2, on the other hand... Well, it will have a multiplayer mode this time around, but that's not enough. I've said it many times before, and I'll gladly say it again... If Nintendo would support online play on the Gamecube a lot more than they are now, their games would be a whole lot more fun. (Not to mention all the extra sales they'd pick up because of it.) I mean, who wouldn't want to play an online Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart? Nintendo's got a great lineup of games, but without online play... Well, it's sorta like having all the Vanilla Ice Cream in the world right in front of you, but no Chocolate Syrup to go with it - it just ain't right.

(By the way, I own all three consoles. So, don't think I'm being biased. :razz:)

Dragonair
11-06-2004, 03:41 AM
I agree wholeheartedly, Nintendo really needs to pull its head of the sand and go online.

[Fair]
11-06-2004, 03:53 AM
I agree wholeheartedly, Nintendo really needs to pull its head of the sand and go online.
Thankfully, I've heard that the next console from Nintendo, (The Oh So Mysterious "Revolution") will rely heavily on online features. Heh, maybe I will finally be able to play Mario Tennis against my homies online in a few years.

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-07-2004, 06:20 PM
umm I knew about Halo 2 four years ago and I played a level of the beta version, then M2 and I thought... HALO 2 IT WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeper_of_Light
11-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Halo 2 anyday, although i have not played Metroid Prome 2 i didnt like the first one at all.

sonicam
11-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Metroid Prime 2. I love Metroid games so much, they own. Although as everyone already stated, Halo is for Multiplayer and Metroid is for single player. I'll agree, Halo owns in multiplayer, but that isn't enough for me. I enjoy single player action instead of multiplayer and since Metroid Prime 2 has both, i like it alot better. Sure the multiplayer doesn't come close to that of Halo, but it's something and it may evolve into a more in-depth multiplayer when Metriod Prime 3 or Metroid Prime: Hunters comes out in the near future. All in all, i think MP2 is better then Halo, IMO.

LolJolteonMaster
12-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Metriod for me, but I'm a Gamecube kind of guy. I only play the Xbox at the store if they have a video game section and an Xbox set up so you can play demos! And Nintendo is coming out with another Tv Console. Aww, crap. I'll never get it.

zer0
12-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Halo 2 all the way. for some reason i just didnt find metroid that fun

chosen
12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
umm I knew about Halo 2 four years ago and I played a level of the beta version, then M2 and I thought... HALO 2 IT WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hey shadow if u knew about halo 2 four years ago then that would mean u knew about it when the first halo was still in development, that doesnt seem rite :cool:

Zero
12-24-2004, 12:40 AM
First of, I'd like to say that Halo 2 sucks because it's on the Xbox. When the port it to PC, then it wont, but as long as it's on the box, I ain't touching it (mainly because I got schooled on the singleplayer of the first Halo until I got it on PC.)

The first Metroid was good, and it's controls are the same for it's sequel (same thing with Halo 2 unfortunately...)

I don't care about online or vehicle or all that crap (yet) all I care about is the single player game where I stand more than an ice cube's chance in hedes. I'm all for Metroid Prime 2.

I will feel better about Halo 2 when it's ported to the PC, because I can multitask (shooting, running, changing weapons) easier on a keyboard+mouse then I can with an xbox controller.

Hypocrisy is Fun
12-27-2004, 02:44 AM
hey shadow if u knew about halo 2 four years ago then that would mean u knew about it when the first halo was still in development, that doesnt seem rite :cool:
well, it did come out in the beggining of the year and after i beat it, i knew and reaserched thatt there was defenantly a Halo2, got it? :rolleyes:

And personaly zero ( not zer0 ) i feel somewhat sorry for you because you cannot see that Halo2 has better game play and has a reasonable story line unlike M2, that does not have the fun of online gameplay and does not have many differnt weapons to choose from, usally i am all for the whole gamecube stuff, but even i have to admit Halo2 is much better :cool:

Zero
12-27-2004, 03:00 AM
And personaly zero ( not zer0 ) i feel somewhat sorry for you because you cannot see that Halo2 has better game play and has a reasonable story line unlike M2, that does not have the fun of online gameplay and does not have many differnt weapons to choose from, usally i am all for the whole gamecube stuff, but even i have to admit Halo2 is much better :cool:

I know Halo 2 is a good game, but I can't stand an Xbox controller. If they went ahead and released it on PC (like they did the first Halo) I'd have no problem with it. Like I said, if they put it on PC, then I'd actually have a chance of beating people online. What good is an online game if you get killed before you're done switching through your weapons?

(say you have a pistol and an assualt rifle, and you have the pistol. You're ambushed and you get killed before you get a shot off with the rifle since you don't aim it at you're enemy who repeatedly shoots you with rocket launcher, and you're next to a wall. [this actually happened when I was playing Halo 2 online once. The sad thing is, it kept happening about 15 different times...] Mainly I'm just bashing Halo 2 because I suck at using the controller.)