PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem

Poke the North!
11-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Fans of the series, talk about it here! =) Here's a typical starting topic: best character in the game? Well, for me at least, Oswin never lets me down, so I always train him...and never Nino. I don't really get what's so great about her.

boltAge
11-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Nino may come very late in the game at a low level, but she is the best mage in the game, if you bother to train ehr. Trust me, after training her for some time, none of the main characters were as useful as her :rolleyes:

Oswin's pretty inaccurate until he's promoted... But sheez, he's so annoying, after he's promoted, he practically kills everything with one or two hits :rolleyes: But that only shows he's damn strong.

I like Rath, Nino, Guy, Heath and some others...Can't remember. But Eliwood is crap, period.

Kinda sad how they never bothered to translate the newer FE games... They were awesome in Japanese(though I didn't understand a crap of what they were talking about), and would have been one of the best games if they were in English. Sheesh.

The Elite Ygseto
11-02-2004, 12:40 PM
I have the game, but i have never played it. Is it any good?

Poke the North!
11-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Newer FE games? You mean Seima and Souen no Kouseki? They ARE being translated.

For my tastes, Heath just comes at too low a level considering the chapter he joins in. By then, normally I have the characters I want to train at level 12-15, and it just gets awkward to train Heath. Similarly with Guy, I just find it takes him quite a while to level up. Perhaps I just need to go on bigger killing sprees with him, I don't know.

My personal favourites are Oswin, Serra, and Kent. And Eliwood's not crap. In all the times I've played through the game, he's always been at least OK, and levels up quite quickly.

EDIT: You have it, but never bothered to play it, Ygseto? You need to. I've never spent so long constantly playing a game as I have this one. 4 months and still going strong!

boltAge
11-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Newer FE games? You mean Seima and Souen no Kouseki? They ARE being translated.

For my tastes, Heath just comes at too low a level considering the chapter he joins in. By then, normally I have the characters I want to train at level 12-15, and it just gets awkward to train Heath. Similarly with Guy, I just find it takes him quite a while to level up. Perhaps I just need to go on bigger killing sprees with him, I don't know.

My personal favourites are Oswin, Serra, and Kent. And Eliwood's not crap. In all the times I've played through the game, he's always been at least OK, and levels up quite quickly.

EDIT: You have it, but never bothered to play it, Ygseto? You need to. I've never spent so long constantly playing a game as I have this one. 4 months and still going strong!
Well, no announcements has been made about their translation, and countless FE has not been translated, so it's rather unlikely they'd translate the new FE Games.

Guy can be a real monster when he's promoted... Trust me, I actually like him more than Lyn but that's just me lol. And Heath's flying ability helps it a lot, even with frail defenses. Yes, the peagsuses are better, but Heath is cooler anyway :tongue:

Serra seems too weak IMO, I like Priscilla more. And Eliwood can never defeat any bosses decently in the later part of the games. I mean, Eliwood can only use his special weapon Durahan or something well, he can easily be defeated if teamed up against. Lyn and Hector can easily be better than Eliwood, heck, Nino is more useful than Eliwood. Sheesh.

Poke the North!
11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
They've been throwing around a few vague release dates for the next ones, though it's possible I thought they were for the wrong language. However, Rekka no Ken was so successful, it'd be a silly idea not to release the next ones in English.

Admittedly, it's VERY irritating trying to get Serra to level 20 cleric, however if you do that and promote her there, it more than pays off. Lucius would beat her in a straight fight, but you can train Serra from Lyn's Campaign onwards, she has very nice stat growths, and much cooler supports.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Ah Fire Emblem was great it had a great story plot. I loved it.

The Elite Ygseto
11-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Man, I don't think I could invest my time in another long game, I'm already busy with other PS2 games.

Poke the North!
11-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Man, I don't think I could invest my time in another long game, I'm already busy with other PS2 games.

It doesn't take all that long to complete, however it's a real star in terms of replay value, so unless you know exactly what you're doing with it first time through then you'll probably end up playing it over and over again. At least, that's what I do.

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 10:58 PM
It doesn't take all that long to complete, however it's a real star in terms of replay value, so unless you know exactly what you're doing with it first time through then you'll probably end up playing it over and over again. At least, that's what I do.

Yeah the replay value is great in the game so far I have beaten it 3 times.

Poke the North!
11-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I dunno if I'm just a little odd, but I find myself writing ideas for teams to train and supports to get here and there, because I like to see all the endings and train every character at least once (with the possible exception of Marcus).

Jet
11-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Heh, Fire Emblem... it's cool :cool:

Favorite character? hmmm Canas, Priscilla and Lucius... yeah. Canas rulz with Eclipse and Genspalt =P

I tried to hack once... what the hell is Erishkigal??? Negral's dark book.

damn... infinte stock XD

Half a Dollar
11-06-2004, 04:32 AM
I love this game. Faves were Eliwood,Oswin,Pent,Jaffar,Nino,Canas,Karel,and Lucius.

Eliwood-I liked him, almost all stats maxed on one file of mine. If you gave him 2 Body Rings, he could hit the Dragon 2 times. Atleast, that was on mine..

Oswin-Never let me down, except against magic people. :susp: Great Def. Wall.

Pent-Darn, this guy killed everything. >_<

Jaffar- The cool, quiet guy. Loved how Killing Edge always got a Crit or an OHKO. :D

Nino-I trained her once, omg, she owned.

Canas-Luna = Pwn. It worked against Limistella,Sonia, etc.

Karel-Cool, never used Guy. Karel always seemed to Crit for me. That rocked.

Lucius- After lvl.20 and promoted, this guy can kill anything, even with Lightning. :biggrin:

Poke the North!
11-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Evidently, you had a very lucky file with that Eliwood. Often, he'll turn out a lot more average.

I don't like hacking, really. Gets rid of the fun of it all.

Half a Dollar
11-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Lol, wonder if they'll bring out FE6, and FE8 with Ephin(I think his name was) and that girl.

Poke the North!
11-07-2004, 08:54 AM
He's called Ephraim, and the girl is Eirik.

I don't believe FE6 will be released, because they were planning to do it before but cancelled it. I think Intelligent Systems will concentrate on the new, FE8 and 9.

Half a Dollar
11-07-2004, 03:04 PM
I heard Eriphram was verryy strong. >_> Or so say the FESS forum does..

Poke the North!
11-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I couldn't possibly clarify that - I'm just another hopeless guy who can't read Japanese yet. x_x

Tamer Marco
11-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I've never played a FE game. ^^ Can anyone give me some info?

Poke the North!
11-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG, where you follow a complex storyline via turn-based battles. There are loads of characters to recruit and train, and they'll level up as you play. Support systems and unlockable modes enhance the experience. If you've played Advance Wars, it's like that (indeed, the same people made both games), but there's a lot more story to it.

Gawd, I sound like a frigging advert. X_X

The Angel of Retribution
11-17-2004, 12:15 AM
So, you are the FE smarty here? Good, cuz I need help =x

Know of a good actual WEBSITE dedicated to the game? Kinda like how PE2K is to Pogeymanz, only for FE? I need to find all the hidden characters, since I've missed about 4, and I'm in Bern right now, chapter 17-20 somthing (forgot what chapter, around there tho) where the Wyvern Rider General chic has like 60 HP and massive attack. I've tried killing her like 20 times, but she always kills someone, and I just found out you recruit her later, which would only answer why she is so ******* hard to kill.

Anyway, a website and link would be nice, as well as sprite rips. I LOVE SPRITE EDITING. PLz, tell me there is a site with all sprites fromt he game =[

Archmage Devin
11-17-2004, 05:06 AM
You went Toe to toe with Vaida? Wow. Not recomended. >.> <.< Best to stay outof her way and she won't leave her little corner of the map... As for Sprites.. This is your best bet... (http://www.feplanet.net/) They do have a few Faq based stuff for the games, but gamefaqs is your best bet if you are really stuck.

Unfortunately Vaida is not all that powerful when you get her. She no longer has the spear of godmodius. (look at her inventory on that map. Her spear gives her +s to stats like it is one of the legend weapons ._. )

The Angel of Retribution
11-18-2004, 02:31 AM
Hawkeye, Wallace, and Pent brought her down to 13, and the finishing blow woulda come from Louise, but she missed and Vaida hit her, so >.<

boltAge
11-18-2004, 03:05 AM
Uhh, khold, you're playing normal mode right? So Wallace is prepromoted, when you get it, right? I suggest not using it, prepromoted units *coughmarcuscoughpentcough* usually are not as powerful as the other units which require manual promotions(because they will lose 10 levels of experience).

And GameFaqs does everything. They have more than enough guides to help you.