PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 12:21 AM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Crops01-Zelda.jpghttp://www.zeldalegends.net/images/triforce2.gif

Here you can dicuss about any of the Legend of Zelda games. Or even think up what you think the timeline of the Zelda games are. I'll post my timeline and theroies later.

Here's a list of the games:

The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda:Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda:Links Awakeing
The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda:Oracle Series
The Legend of Zelda:Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda:The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda:05

The Elite Ygseto
11-03-2004, 12:45 AM
I've only played Links awaking, wicth was great! I really want to get the first 2 for my GBA.

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 01:10 AM
I love every single one of them, I'm still working on my timeline. You can play A Link to the Past on GBA.

The Angel of Retribution
11-03-2004, 02:43 AM
Zelda rox my sox. I wanna see the timeline =x

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Ok, here's my theory. Get ready for a lot of words. Did it in Word.

Since there's no known info on the E3 Zelda's storyline, it's not on my timeline.

Link I

Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998)
• Story
o Link battles Ganondorf and wins.
o Ganondorf is sealed away in the Sacred Realm.
• Continuity notes
o Miyamoto said this one came first.
o The attire of future Links is based off the Kokiri tunic worn by this Link.
o The Triforce was whole until Ganondorf made a wish on it, then it split.
o Link has the Triforce of Courage.
o Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom.
o Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power.

The Minish Cap (GBA, 2005)
• Story
o Not much info on the story so far, except that Vaati is the villain and Link uses the Four Sword to defeat him
• Continuity notes
o Must be the original defeat and sealing of Vaati mentioned in FS and FSA
o Features Malon and Epona, it must be with the Link of OoT
o The legend of the Four Sword ends with the boy “disappearing into the forest”, a la the beginning of MM.
o Posters, shmosters.

Majora’s Mask (N64, 2000)
• Story
o Link makes an impromptu visit to Termina on his search for Navi and stops the evil of Majora’s Mask.
• Continuity notes
o Indisputably stars the Link of OoT and occurs some time after that game.
o The Triforce is bound to Hyrule, so when Link enters Termina the Triforce of Courage leaves him and splits into eight pieces, later recovered by Link II in TWW.
o Termina might not be a parallel dimension, but rather an actual land in its own right.
o Link was searching for Navi, not the Skull Kid. It said so in the manga, and the manga is official.

Link II

The Wind Waker (GCN, 2003)
• Story
o Ganondorf comes back, but falls to a new Link.
o Old Hyrule is flooded.
• Continuity notes
o Indisputably comes after MM.
o Before the evil plagued the land once again, a couple of generations had passed, passing down the tale of the Hero of Time “until it became legend”. So unless the Hero of Time was immortal (which is doubtful), he wouldn’t have lived to see the day the evil reappeared.
o If there had been another Link during the time between MM and TWW, he’d be wearing the ever-familiar green tunic, and would be recognized as the Hero of Time. “But the hero did not appear.” No Link, no games.
o Tingle is a descendant of the Tingle in MM.
o Zora that stayed in Hyrule could debatably have evolved into Ritos.
o MM shows that there are Zora and Gorons don’t have to be in Hyrule, which explains their later appearance in OoS/OoA, despite the Zora’s evolving and Gorons’ near-extinction in this game.
o The Triforce was reassembled so Ganondorf could make a wish on it (though the King of Hyrule beat him to it).
o Ganondorf is left encased in stone at the bottom of the Great Sea with the Master Sword jammed into his forehead.

(Not in a game) – The waters recede. They have to. Link and Tetra could not have made a new Hyrule somewhere else, because the Triforce is bound to the old one. The land they find indeed becomes their land, and the king said. Also, somewhere between TWW and FSA, Ganondorf escapes his watery grave. Sometime between TWW and ALttP, the Triforce is hidden in the Golden Land.

Link III

Four Swords (GBA, 2002)
• Story
o The seal on the Four Sword weakens.
o Vaati rises again and kidnaps Zelda.
o Link fights back with the Four Sword, and seals Vaati within it.
• Continuity notes
o Link is Zelda’s childhood friend, but that doesn’t mean they had to have had an adventure together already.

Four Swords Adventures (GCN, 2004)
• Story
o Zelda, with the aid of the maidens, tries to investigate and fix the weakening seal that binds Vaati, but she and the maidens get kidnapped by Shadow Link. With no other alternative, Link draws the Four Sword to combat him, but releases Vaati in the process.
o The four Links go on a quest to beat Vaati.
o Vaati is destroyed, but it turns out he’s not the mastermind here – It’s Ganon.
o Prior to the events of this game, Ganondorf acquires the Trident of Power, which transforms him into the pig-beast Ganon.
o Ganon is defeated and sealed into the Four Sword.
• Continuity notes
o Ganon gets his Trident here, so it must take place before any other game where he possesses it.
o The big-beast Ganon seen here and in games occurring later is different from the demon-looking Ganon of OoT. Ganondorf used the Triforce of Power to become that Ganon, but he used the Trident to become the pig-beast.
o Opening story’s wording suggests the Link and Zelda in this game are the same ones in FS.
o Tingle is a descendant of the Tingle in TWW.

(Not in a game) - Ganon gets out of the Four Sword somehow.

Link IV

A Link to the Past (SNES, 1991)
• Story
o Ganon infiltrates Hyrule as Agahnim and sacrifices the maidens and Zelda to open the way to the Golden Land where the Triforce is hidden.
o Ganon uses the Triforce to turn the Golden Land into the Dark World.
o Link whoops Agahnim and reveals Ganon, then kills him at the Pyramid of Power.
o Link uses the Triforce to undo the damage Ganon has done.
o Link puts the Master Sword to sleep forever, in hopes it won’t be needed again.
• Continuity notes
o Zora are supposed to be called Zola, as in TLoZ. May be a translation error.
o Ganon’s first death.
o Master Sword put to rest forever.
o The Triforce is still together after two wishes.

Link’s Awakening (GB, 1993)
• Story
o Link goes on a ride on a ship at sea, but gets shipwrecked on the island of Koholint.
o Link defeats the Nightmare and frees the Wind Fish.
• Continuity notes
o Link knows about Zelda at the beginning of this game (thinking Marin is Zelda at first glance), so odds are he and she have had an adventure already.
o It must be the same Link as in ALttP, because the Nightmare at the end turns into Agahnim and Ganon (who uses the attack pattern seen in ALttP), and that Link is the only one to know those.

(Not in a game) – Sometime between ALttP and OoS/OoA, the Triforce is moved out of the Golden Land and into Hyrule Castle.

Link V

Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (GBC, 2001)
• Story
o Twinrova, apparently revived by some means, tries to resurrect Ganon by sending Onox and Veran to wreak havoc on Holodrum and Labrynna.
o Link is called upon by the Triforce, which knows Link is destined to be a hero, to defeat said villains and restore order to those lands.
o The chaos caused by the villains before defeat was enough to resurrect Ganon, and the last part needed was the sacrifice of Zelda.
o Link defeats Twinrova and an incomplete, mindless Ganon.
• Continuity notes
o Zelda has to introduce herself to Link, so this has to be a new Link.
o Cannot precede LA for above reason, considering LA continuity notes.
o The ultimate sword in this game is referred to as the Master Sword, but it can’t be because 1) the sword was put to rest two games ago, and 2) the places you can acquire it don’t make sense. It was probably called the Master Sword by the makers of the game because it’s the most powerful sword in the game and they were too lazy to come up with a new name.
o Who’s to say Ganon’s followers couldn’t revive Twinrova?
o Arguably, these games can occur after TAoL. There's nothing standing in the way of it: Ganon would be dead, the Triforce would be assembled prior to it.
o Tingle is a descendant of the Tingle in FSA.

(Not in a game) - Ganon can be revived by using the blood of he who had slain him on Ganon’s ashes. Well, first, the Link of ALttP had to die somehow by this point in time - old age or something. It’s possible that Ganon’s followers had collected his blood, and just now at this point, they had the presence of mind to use it to revive Ganon. Also at this point, the Triforce gets split into the three parts again.

Link VI

The Legend of Zelda (NES, 1987)
• Story
o Ganon takes Zelda away, so the children don’t play.
o Link saves the day by putting Ganon in his grave.
• Continuity notes
o Indisputably occurs somewhere after ALttP.
o Magic Sword, not Master Sword.
o Ganon’s second death.
o Link assembles the Triforce of Wisdom over the course of the game, gets the Triforce of Power from Ganon after killing him, and odds are he already possessed the Triforce of Courage when the game began. This likely means that the Triforce is reassembled again at the end of the game.

The Adventure of Link (NES, 1988)
• Story
o Link has to awaken the sleeping Zelda.
o This time, Ganon’s followers aren’t patient enough to wait for Link to die of natural causes, so they’re out to kill him and revive Ganon again themselves.
o The bad guys failed, and after defeating his dark side, Link removed the spell from Zelda.
• Continuity notes
o Indisputable direct sequel to TLoZ.
o So far, this is the last game in the timeline, unless OoS/OoA really do occur after this one. In that case, the Link of TLoZ and TAoL is Link V and the Link of OoS/OoA is Link VI.
o Ganon is still dead.

Thanatos
11-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Very nice VT! Good work on that. Not how I would have put it, but it definately seems right now.

Yeah, I love the Zelda games two, own every single one, and I plan on getting Minish Cap and the Zelda announced at E3 when they come out.

I heard about some of the Japanese Minish Cap, and I'm told it's really quite good.

Nefarious
11-03-2004, 04:05 PM
I've only played the Ocarina of time and the windwaker. I got pretty far in the windwaker but never could find out how to beat the whole game. Of course I only rented it so i don't really have it. But I'd have to say I loved the windwaker and it was best. But I would like to play the new one that is coming out.

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, The new Zelda they showed at E3 is supposed to come out in March 2005. Wind Waker was great I loved it.

The Elite Ygseto
11-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Is wind waker a Players Choice yet? When it is I'll buy it. :P

VenusaurTrainer
11-06-2004, 04:58 AM
Is wind waker a Players Choice yet? When it is I'll buy it. :P

No not yet but it should be soon.

VenusaurTrainer
11-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Hate to double post but The Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap is coming out soon. I can't wait.

Hypocrisy is Fun
11-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, The new Zelda they showed at E3 is supposed to come out in March 2005. Wind Waker was great I loved it.
To me WindWaker was the best!(I played all of the games) :wink:

VenusaurTrainer
11-07-2004, 06:17 PM
OOT was my favorite, Ganon kicks ass.

Alakazam
11-14-2004, 03:59 AM
I've played the first game, and beaten AlttP, OoT, and MM...I'm almost done W/WW.

Yggdrasill
11-20-2004, 11:01 AM
i've beat LTTP,WW,OOT,MM and i'm working towards beating Minish cap.

EDIT: oh and you missed minish cap on the selection of the games.

Jet
11-20-2004, 11:50 AM
yeah. IMO, Minish Cap is the best improved game of the hand-held and old ones. very big improvement in graphics and even voices

I'm almost at the end... at Dark Hyrule Castle... just trying to get to the side quests =P

Yggdrasill
11-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah the graphics are the same as Four Swords.

Keeper_of_Light
11-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I have played and completed about half the Zelda games and love them all. Cant wait till i can get Minish Cap, i cant aford it right now.