PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, Bush is reelected

Tamer Marco
11-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Bush was Reelected thanks to Ohio and Florida. -_- Signs of joy, complaints, or screaming stuff that should be censored? For everyone who hates Bush, just to let you know, we got him for another four years. -_-

Alakazam
11-04-2004, 12:41 AM
It's astounding, disturbing, freightening, and angering all at once. >_<

Ierdar
11-04-2004, 01:24 AM
It's astounding, disturbing, freightening, and angering all at once. >_<

Don't think anyone could have put it better. >_> Well, we're screwed. =\

Lord Celebi
11-04-2004, 01:31 AM
So where in Canada do you wanna meet again? I think I'm gonna join you. Oh wait, that was a joke, I'm not gonna be an illegal immigrint, honestly (SS Dude points gun at my head for typing this).

Ierdar
11-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Aww, what's wrong with being illegal? =P Yay law breaking! =P

Bashaamo
11-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Look on the bright side, image all the new words Dubyah's going to invent in the next four years! Not to mention the funny faces, or the violation of international law!

WooWho!

-Bash

P.S. Democrats who didn't vote in Ohio should jump in a lake!

Ierdar
11-04-2004, 01:54 AM
XD Bash.

Plus, just think of all the stupid quotes he'll make! Flare will finally be able to make a web site about it! XD

I wonder how many more chimp pics they'll be able to compare him to...

Tamer Marco
11-04-2004, 02:05 AM
XD Bash.

Plus, just think of all the stupid quotes he'll make! Flare will finally be able to make a web site about it! XD

I wonder how many more chimp pics they'll be able to compare him to... HAH! I'm just gettin started...
http://funnyjunk.com/p/georgew-jpg.html

It's hard to believe that so many people can find so many pictures of bush looking like a monkey. :)

Shining Dragonite
11-04-2004, 02:13 AM
My parents are moving to canada FOR SURE now. I feel like I'm part of some twisted dream where bush has been reelected, Kerry has forfeited at the last moment, and Bush has won ohio and florida...

*flips to MSNBC*

DAMMIT!!

You know, I'm glad to be surrounded by so many liberals here at PE2K. So who else is movin' to canada?

Tamer Marco
11-04-2004, 02:19 AM
O' Canada, O' Canada.

Hell yeah, i'm moving to canda. With, or without my family. :tongue3:

Ierdar
11-04-2004, 02:38 AM
I've seen the pics DP. =P lol. And yay, bring me to Canada with you!

Dragonair
11-04-2004, 02:53 AM
Plenty of room up here people. :smile:

Lord Celebi
11-04-2004, 03:07 AM
My parents are moving to canada FOR SURE now. I feel like I'm part of some twisted dream where bush has been reelected, Kerry has forfeited at the last moment, and Bush has won ohio and florida...

*flips to MSNBC*

DAMMIT!!

You know, I'm glad to be surrounded by so many liberals here at PE2K. So who else is movin' to canada?
I wish, but I already have a good job here.

ElimN8
11-04-2004, 03:41 AM

*flips to MSNBC*

DAMMIT!!

We're surrounded by a LOT more conservatives, if you can even call them that. My term for them? Parental mimics.

Alakazam
11-04-2004, 03:43 AM
We're surrounded by a LOT more conservatives, if you can even call them that. My term for them? Parental mimics.

Yeah, that tends to happen with kids before they form theit own political opinions.

Lord Celebi
11-04-2004, 04:06 AM
Yeah, that tends to happen with kids before they form theit own political opinions.
I've already formed my opinion, but its jsut a coincidence that its the same as my family's and peer's.

Kenny_C.002
11-04-2004, 04:44 AM
I've already formed my opinion, but its jsut a coincidence that its the same as my family's and peer's.

What is the point of justifying anyway? It's not directed toward anyone specifially, but it is indeed a general trend.

Deoxys0003
11-04-2004, 05:16 AM
Hah, the liberals lose again! IN YO FACE! It's obvious that a bunch of nerds like you guys know nothing about politics. Shut up and don't treat conservatives like losers who don't know anything. (Especially you 13 year olds.)

Matthew
11-04-2004, 06:24 AM
Hah, the liberals lose again! IN YO FACE! It's obvious that a bunch of nerds like you guys know nothing about politics. Shut up and don't treat conservatives like losers who don't know anything. (Especially you 13 year olds.)

Heh... too bad many of them are older than 13 and know a lot about politics.... so think before you speak.... though I am glad there is another Bush supporter here... gah... lol. I am in the same situation as rust, It is coincidence that my political standing is similar to my parents and peers. It also has to do with the surrondings you grow up in.... for one, my parents have always taught me conservative values and such, so those are what I beleive in... as well I live in a very republican city... Christ... The Ronald Reagan Library is located in my city.... And would a president who gives up be one worth having? That shows weakness to me... what if something horrible happened... and Kerry didn't like it... he would just give up... weakness to me :rolleyes:

Thanatos
11-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Hurray, the apocalypse is gonna come within the next four years. Of course it isn't gonna be the Christian god (Moral Issues DON'T BELONG IN POLITICS), that will be the destruction of our planet.

I'm tired of Australian soldiers being killed in Iraq for a war we didn't start. John Howard is gonna run the fine country of Australia into a hole with George Bush.

Is that the four horsemen I saw flying past my window...I could have sworn it was...maybe it is the Christian God who is gonna get rid of us...

One thing bush really needs to do, is stop policing the whole world, and start looking after his own.

EDIT - I would like to say I don't like kerry either. Someone less wishy washy for president, but someone who knows what sovereignty is. If Bush has an economics degree then he should know what that word means :goofy:

PokemonMaster-Chris
11-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah Bush won and there is nothing you all can do about it :biggrin:

Dragonair
11-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Yeah Bush won and there is nothing you all can do about it :biggrin:

Just don't come running to the rest of the free world when Bush ruins the United States. You get what you vote for.

Oh, yeah and thank you Bush for running the US economy into the ground. You singlehandedly revived the ancient Canadian hobby of cross-border shopping.

Shining Dragonite
11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
SHINING DRAGONITE used SPARK!

SHINING DRAGONITE SPARKED a political argument!

Damn, how can conservatives be so hateful? Deoxy and Chris are being fugly little ******** right now. SHUT THE **** UP RETARDS!

Then when McCain or Giulianni run in 2008 against Hillary Clinton or John Edwards, they'll lose miserably because (1) they're the poorest (as in worst) politicians to ever walk the country, AND (2) Clinton and Edwards are both excellent speakers, and are better-liked than those other two buffoons.

****, Tom Daschle lost to John Thune...

Lord Celebi
11-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Do I know you from somewhere else?

We're not nerds, and generally, the liberals are the ones who arent mindless drones to the candidate, an are quite informed, unlike you. *Pushes Deoxys and Chris off Cliff*

Tamer Marco
11-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Hah, the liberals lose again! IN YO FACE! It's obvious that a bunch of nerds like you guys know nothing about politics. Shut up and don't treat conservatives like losers who don't know anything. (Especially you 13 year olds.) STFU. :biggrin:

Anyway, i'm still angry about this, but we can't change it.

Agent Orange
11-04-2004, 10:59 PM

Once again, I find myself wishing I could pop up next to people like you and beat their faces in...Seriously, if you think your so smart, tell me the last time you saw president Bush or someone else jump up on the podium and scream:

"HA HA! EAT THAT LIBERALS! AHAHAHAAH!"

Seriously, go out and get a freaking life and stop calling other people you don't even know nerds when your probrably some loser sitting in his moms basement with his pants pulled up to his chin. :rolleyes:

And, the only good thing about having Bush back in office is that it will provide four more years of satirist making fun of him...

ElimN8
11-04-2004, 11:33 PM
And would a president who gives up be one worth having? That shows weakness to me... what if something horrible happened... and Kerry didn't like it... he would just give up... weakness to me :rolleyes:
Kerry didn't just "give up", he just realized that a win for him simply wasn't in the numbers, and so he saved us the time and bother of dragging this election out for at least another week or so.

The thing about the "conservative" Repbulicans on this board that pisses me off is none of them ever treat the election seriously; to them it's just a game where if some people are actually concerned about the atrocious state of their own country, then they're all "sore losers". :rolleyes:

Sutiivun
11-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Well I take the election seriously, yet I am a conservative Republican. O_o It's just those idiots are blabbering how Bush won and that all Liberals are losers. I see prejudicism going on here. :susp: :tongue3:

And DL is right, just STFU. Don't talk sh!t like that. >_>

And E8 is right. The state of Ohio did the math, and figured out that no matter what the votes Bush won the state.

Zenaku
11-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Ah, the fate of America shall also be the fate of the world in which we live. And rust, I hope you do remember that guy, as I clearly do; he's a christian who strongly opposes homosexuality (As most christians do), and also caused a riot in the thread concerning homosexuality, which has sunk back a few pages over the months.

Anyway, I must ask to all Bush supporters: What has he done that's so grand? Ah, yes...

Firstly, American planes were seized by terrorists carrying nothing more than knives (Which Bush failed to prevent, despite having early knowledge). After which, they crashed the American plane into the world trade center, and... Oh my! Bush must be the smartest person on the planet! How on earth did he discover Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction when they used no modern weapons of their own to destroy the trade centers? Wow, he must have some IQ, I'm telling you.

Wierd thing is... Where exactly are these Weapons of Mass Destruction? I guess I must've missed the report on TV or something; I never can keep up with news. Plus, he caught bin Laden right? Apparently, he was notified of bin Ladens location, and I've heard rumours that he never investigated before it was too late. That isn't true, is it?! Surely if terrorisms his major concern, he would've have sent all forces to inspect-- Oh wait, I remember... They sent forces after bin Laden had left, and later confirmed that he HAD been there for some time before they arrived. How great Bush is... :rolleyes:

Also, don't bash anyone for their political beliefs. Despite the fact many copy their parents and families, you should not say they are nerds, or the like. Not having your own views could be considered idiotic, however.

Matthew
11-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Anyway, I must ask to all Bush supporters: What has he done that's so grand? Ah, yes...

Firstly, American planes were seized by terrorists carrying nothing more than knives (Which Bush failed to prevent, despite having early knowledge). After which, they crashed the American plane into the world trade center, and... Oh my! Bush must be the smartest person on the planet! How on earth did he discover Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction when they used no modern weapons of their own to destroy the trade centers? Wow, he must have some IQ, I'm telling you.

You don't realize that he was acting on the intel he was given? You must realize that it wasn't bush's fault... blame his cabinet for providing him with false information...

Zenaku
11-05-2004, 02:08 AM
You don't realize that he was acting on the intel he was given? You must realize that it wasn't bush's fault... blame his cabinet for providing him with false information...
False information? How so? As far as I've heard Bush was well aware of the threat, yet the only reason nothing was done was because a meeting concerning terrorism in the USA was never held before 9/11.

If Bush had taken it more seriously then a meeting would have been held, and thus a good idea on countering the situation would have been thought out. In truth, it was his lazyness and lack of dedication that caused the attacks to succeed, though I guess not many presidents would have believed one man could do so much damage to the economy, and cause such fear in the hearts of people.

Sorry about that hacker BTW; he's off my account now.

HaTeZ NoObZ
11-05-2004, 02:40 AM
i guess ill be moving to south america XD jk

had to be ohio and florida.why bush,why?

Matthew
11-05-2004, 05:41 AM
False information? How so? As far as I've heard Bush was well aware of the threat, yet the only reason nothing was done was because a meeting concerning terrorism in the USA was never held before 9/11.

If Bush had taken it more seriously then a meeting would have been held, and thus a good idea on countering the situation would have been thought out. In truth, it was his lazyness and lack of dedication that caused the attacks to succeed, though I guess not many presidents would have believed one man could do so much damage to the economy, and cause such fear in the hearts of people.

Sorry about that hacker BTW; he's off my account now.

That hacker was dumb XD He sent me an e-mail saying that I sux0rz... lol

Anyway, I was talking about the intel of Mass Destruction being in Iraq... is that what you are talking about, cause I'm not talking about the intel of the threats of the planes hitting the TT's.-

Thunderbird
11-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Just found out some interesting news...

American President george bush is re-elected, and this made a lot of anti-bush citizens frustrated. A new book is published immediately, to teach them how to tolerate with bush for another four years.

The title of the book is "The Bush Survival Bible", with subtitle "250 Ways to Make It Through the Next Four Years Without underestimating the Dangers Ahead".

It openly tells the citizens who hate Bush that, although everyone is feeling frustrated, they need to accept the fact that Bush wins, and Kerry loses. Therefore, in the next four years, everyone needs this "bible" to counter "post-election melancholia" in the next four years.

The author of the book, Jene Stone, tells people sarcastically, "Do you feel cold? Bush brings in greenhouse effect which may keep you warm. Lose confidence to US? Better to immigrate to other countries. Wants to commit suicide? Take some anti-melancholy medicines."

Stone said, regardless how complicated your feelings are towards the result of the election, the book has effective treatments. He said, "Bush wins, doesn't mean that you lose." Because people will find hope after tolerating for 1461 days more, since bush cannot be re-elected again. but at the same time, people could only try hard to pray.

Zenaku
11-06-2004, 05:07 AM
That hacker was dumb XD He sent me an e-mail saying that I sux0rz... lol

Anyway, I was talking about the intel of Mass Destruction being in Iraq... is that what you are talking about, cause I'm not talking about the intel of the threats of the planes hitting the TT's.-
Ah, you were talking about the "Weapons of Mass Destruction"? Well, normally, you don't believe something without proof, much like the saying "innocent until proven guilty". The Weapons of Mass Destruction should be non-existant until proven to exist; no point waging a war based around nuclear warheads when there are none.

Bush was rash in his decision. He could have easily talked with Osama to settle things and end it there and then, but he carried on to form hatred towards people doing only what they thought was right; this is where the perspective of "good" and "evil" comes in (Though many believe both are evil, in their own way). Killing to avenge those killed... Is that all us humans are capable of? I believe people think of us as "superior" to other animals because of our intelligence and ability to settle things democratically; not because we can wage wars against those we dislike.

Dragonair
11-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Bush was rash in his decision. He could have easily talked with Osama to settle things and end it there and then, but he carried on to form hatred towards people doing only what they thought was right; this is where the perspective of "good" and "evil" comes in (Though many believe both are evil, in their own way).

Osama is way beyond diplomacy. The guy just wants to kill Americans where they stand.

slifer
11-06-2004, 05:47 AM
i hate Bush

Zenaku
11-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Osama is way beyond diplomacy. The guy just wants to kill Americans where they stand.
And how do you know this? If he is "beyond diplomacy", then why did he offer peace to Europe?

Sudo
11-06-2004, 11:25 AM
my friend callum theorizes that there will be a nuclear war sometime in the next 4 years lol

Thanatos
11-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Yep, the Apocalypse is coming. If it doesn't though...

GO HILARY!!! (even though i can't vote because I'm not in the country).

Poke the North!
11-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Anyone from England watch Have I Got News For You last night? That was a great show in terms of highlighting the folly of voting for Bush.

More on topic, it doesn't matter that Osama wants peace with Europe now. Bush has dug himself a hole too deep for him to climb back up to negotiation, and thanks to him, assuming Osama gets away again through the next 4 years, it may be that no future president will be able to. =/

Dragonair
11-06-2004, 04:04 PM
In addition to that I think Europe, Canada and other US allies are only guilty by association in Osama's eyes.

Shining Dragonite
11-06-2004, 08:04 PM
bush is such a moron. Sure he won the election fair and square, but he won it by playing dirty; by questioning JFK's (John F. Kerry's) military service in the Vietnam War by means of the "swift boat veterans" ad. And that's just low...

BURN HIM!!!

Thanatos
11-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Here's an interesting question....

If George Bush stole the 2000 election, thanks to a media frenzy, and not doing a recount...then he was president under incorrect pretences. Now, we all know that George Bush senior was a powerful man, so what's to say that he won't get another term. To explain it better would be...

If Bush didn't legally win the election in 2000, then did that term technically count? If it didn't count because it was illegal, then he could run in 2008, couldn't he? Of course they won't send daddy's boy to jail for electoral fraud...

Meh, it was just a thought, probably a stupid one too.

Alakazam
11-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Here's an interesting question....

If George Bush stole the 2000 election, thanks to a media frenzy, and not doing a recount...then he was president under incorrect pretences. Now, we all know that George Bush senior was a powerful man, so what's to say that he won't get another term. To explain it better would be...

If Bush didn't legally win the election in 2000, then did that term technically count? If it didn't count because it was illegal, then he could run in 2008, couldn't he? Of course they won't send daddy's boy to jail for electoral fraud...

Meh, it was just a thought, probably a stupid one too.

Though it is true that Bush just got elected for the first time, he still "served" as president, as much as he did a horrible job. No, he can't legally get another term. I think I'd go out of my mind if he were to do so. Besdies, to even pursue that Bush would have to admit that he wasn't elected in 2000, that Gore should have been the president, and that his brother, Florida Governer Jeb Bush witheld and destroyed votes so he could win. That would never happen, Bush is far too proud.

Thanatos
11-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah, you're right Alakazam, oh well, it was just a thought.

I can see you've read stupid white men XD

Steven
11-07-2004, 08:28 PM
I hope there's no internet in canada. Bush won for a good reason, no body really likes Kerry anyway. People just perfer Kerry cause he's "not bush". I mean anyone who was running against him would probably fare the same way. Kerry said so many stupid things it's unbelievable, such as, "I have never wavered in my life", or "I want to bring us back to where we were, when terrorism was just a nuisuiance.", etc... he's such a moron I can't even say half of a good thing about him.

Steven
11-07-2004, 08:36 PM
bush is such a moron. Sure he won the election fair and square, but he won it by playing dirty; by questioning JFK's (John F. Kerry's) military service in the Vietnam War by means of the "swift boat veterans" ad. And that's just low...

BURN HIM!!!

"You can ask Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter..."

Yeah, Bush really punched a low blow at Kerry cause he was lying. Although when kerry said that, it was just a sincere statement. I'm being sarcastic right now, if you didn't know, not being sincere.

BTW:sorry for the dp, it's just that shining dragonite was not making any sense, so I had to clear it up for him/her.

Dragonair
11-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I hope there's no internet in canada.

Sorry to disappoint you, the very fact I'm posting this proves there's internet in Canada :rolleyes:

Ierdar
11-07-2004, 10:30 PM
I hope there's no internet in canada. Bush won for a good reason, no body really likes Kerry anyway. People just perfer Kerry cause he's "not bush". I mean anyone who was running against him would probably fare the same way. Kerry said so many stupid things it's unbelievable, such as, "I have never wavered in my life", or "I want to bring us back to where we were, when terrorism was just a nuisuiance.", etc... he's such a moron I can't even say half of a good thing about him.

First, steven, DONT DOUBLE POST YOU POT HEAD. THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON!

Second...you're an idiot...

third, people like Bush!?! I wasn't aware of this! Won for a good reason my ass. Oh, Bush hasn't said plenty of stupid things? Want me to go dig up a few interesting quotes from Bush? Trust me, Bush has proved himself to be more dumb than a rock than Kerry has. >_>

Alakazam
11-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I can see you've read stupid white men XD

Actually, I haven't read "Stupid White Men", though I have read "Dude, Where's my Country?" (which, BTW, is an excellent book :wink: )

Ierdar, please calm down. Insulting other members is just uncalled for, especially in a political discussion. Please try to be respectful of the others. Also, what do you mean "no one likes Bush"? He did win for a good reason, he got a good deal more electoral votes, and he won the popular votes by over four million.

While Bush is as dumb as a rock, he does have more support than Kerry :silenced: That's obvious, and there's no denying it.

I just hope Bush gets some sense knocked into him. It would be terrible if he were to perform as badly as he did during his "first" term... -_-

Ierdar
11-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey, I'm calm. =) Just spazzed about the double posting thing. ^_^

And...*goes and throws a rock a Bush's head* Lets see if that knocks some sense in him ^_^ *gets shot to death by the secret service*

x_x

Alakazam
11-07-2004, 11:42 PM

And...*goes and throws a rock a Bush's head* Lets see if that knocks some sense in him ^_^ *gets shot to death by the secret service*

x_x

I highly advise you choose NOT to joke around like that, especially on a public forum. I didn't mean for him to get knocked by sense literally :susp:

Ierdar
11-08-2004, 12:17 AM
They gonna come and deport me or something? Put me in jail? Well, thats just more proof at what's happened to this country because of Bush. =P

Alakazam
11-08-2004, 01:54 AM
They gonna come and deport me or something? Put me in jail? Well, thats just more proof at what's happened to this country because of Bush. =P

Indeed it does, though you must know that I am serious.

Matthew
11-08-2004, 07:12 AM

x_x

That can be interpreted as a threat, so I would highly reccomend heeding Alakazam's advice... not a wise choice to threaten a leader of a country....

*slaps Ierdar*

I like Bush... so there goes yuor post...

Steven... I wouldn't exactly say Bush won for a good reason.... I have two reason's for his re-election:

1. The people chose the lesser of 2 evils... and

2. More people can relate to his veiws such as pro-life, pro-gun, and other veiws like that... I have said previously that morals played a huge role in this election, probably more than foreign affairs and the economy... besides... I don't think I would want a man that can't make up his mind as my president...

and Kamon... if your leader was informed that somebody was holding weapons of mass destrction, even if there was no proof, and even though it would be the wrong choice, would you rather: a) Have action taken and prevent the usage of said weapons, or b.} Sit idley by while they ignore the problem, even if non-existant.

Thanatos
11-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Actually, I haven't read "Stupid White Men", though I have read "Dude, Where's my Country?" (which, BTW, is an excellent book :wink: )

Ierdar, please calm down. Insulting other members is just uncalled for, especially in a political discussion. Please try to be respectful of the others. Also, what do you mean "no one likes Bush"? He did win for a good reason, he got a good deal more electoral votes, and he won the popular votes by over four million.

While Bush is as dumb as a rock, he does have more support than Kerry :silenced: That's obvious, and there's no denying it.

I just hope Bush gets some sense knocked into him. It would be terrible if he were to perform as badly as he did during his "first" term... -_-

Ah, Ok, I thought you wouild have been a Micheal Moore fan.

Alakazam
11-08-2004, 11:48 AM
and Kamon... if your leader was informed that somebody was holding weapons of mass destrction, even if there was no proof, and even though it would be the wrong choice, would you rather: a) Have action taken and prevent the usage of said weapons, or b.} Sit idley by while they ignore the problem, even if non-existant.

You see, this is what most people fail to understand. Bush wasn't told that Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction, or at least, not before he asked to be tolf so. Allow me to explain how the whole WMDs thing came up in steps:

1992: The last vestiges of Iraqi terrorism are trounced by US itelligengce from after the Gulf War, never to be seen again

late 1990s: Chief UN Weapons Inspector Hans Blix files his final report on Saddam Hussein's weapons programs, confirming that there were no weapons of mass destruction.

9/12/01: George W. Bush told his cabinet that he doesn't care about Osama bin Laden, and that he wants them to pin this (the 9/11 attacks) in Saddam. [NOTE: This is not guesswork, heresay, or specualtion. This step is based of frist-hand information, and is fact.]

late fall 2001: Having been informed about Blix's report on Iraq, Bush decides to hire a close family friend to invesitage further. He's set up with the CIA, and returns months later with the same results as Hans Blix.

However, the CIA, feeling the immense pressure from the White House, decides to release a statement that Iraq may have WMDs and a nuclear weapons program (even though all intelligence gathered by them has proven the antithesis. This statement was only a small level above bull$hit, and was based on dated intel from the EARLY 90s.

Darkcomet> I am a Michael Moore fan; I just haven't read read that book yet.

Ierdar
11-08-2004, 04:08 PM
That can be interpreted as a threat, so I would highly reccomend heeding Alakazam's advice... not a wise choice to threaten a leader of a country....

*slaps Ierdar*

I like Bush... so there goes yuor post...

Steven... I wouldn't exactly say Bush won for a good reason.... I have two reason's for his re-election:

2. More people can relate to his veiws such as pro-life, pro-gun, and other veiws like that... I have said previously that morals played a huge role in this election, probably more than foreign affairs and the economy... besides... I don't think I would want a man that can't make up his mind as my president...

I'll threat as I please. =P

If the lesser of the two evils was chosen, why is Bush our president? =\

Alakazam
11-08-2004, 07:06 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Kenny_C.002
11-08-2004, 07:21 PM

99% of the world (including America, meaning 1% of the world is the equivelent of 51% of Americans) feels that Kerry was the lesser of 2 evils. Fact.

Pro-life and pro-gun are oxymoronic/juxtapositions. Think about it, pro-gun = anti-life. Pro-life = anti-gun. And about "pro-life", apparently people don't count as lives (unborn infants do, but not actual people). Yes, I'm referring on war and abortion.

Tamer Marco
11-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Heh, I found something funny on GeorgeBush.com not to long ago. He got a game called Kerry Flip Flop olympics, or something. Kinda funny.

Jack of Clovers
11-08-2004, 11:23 PM
because people are ignorant to try and listen to a third party. plus, they are afraid of what might happen. this is what i stand for... any party but Dem or Rep. unfortunately, no other party has much a chance to stand against America's two-party system. {which sux}. the media plays into it too. Nadar wasn't on the front page of newspapers (maybe once or twice), the media focuses on Dem/Rep. therefore, the media tells the people you have to chose between these two-- no one else. that is the way of our election system.
US politics is about not about leadership, its about power. :susp:

~Jack~

Matthew
11-08-2004, 11:46 PM
because people are ignorant to try and listen to a third party. plus, they are afraid of what might happen. this is what i stand for... any party but Dem or Rep. unfortunately, no other party has much a chance to stand against America's two-party system. {which sux}. the media plays into it too. Nadar wasn't on the front page of newspapers (maybe once or twice), the media focuses on Dem/Rep. therefore, the media tells the people you have to chose between these two-- no one else. that is the way of our election system.
US politics is about not about leadership, its about power. :susp:

~Jack~

Heh... nader wasn't even on the California ballot XD

Alakazam
11-08-2004, 11:54 PM

He wasn't on the ballot here in Massachusetts either. :wink:

Crimson Spider
11-09-2004, 12:28 AM
No, I'm not dead. I just went on about a year-long vacation. Please don't PM me asking where I've been, because I get way too many of those.

The debating quality of this board has gone down. When I was last hear about 9 months ago, things were much more intelligent than they are now. Mainly focusing on the very large amount of bigitory comments that seem to plague this place. Oh well.

O.K. First, the election of 2000/01/ whenever it was. Simply put: Bush won. The initial amount of votes in florida had him in a lead of a little over 500 votes. Long story short: People in Florida who voted were idiots. They would punch out both holes, partially punch out a card, punch out a hole, change their mind, and write in pen "No, I wanted to vote for him" next to the unpunched hole. Since Florida is an unofficial retireing state, people of that place weren't exactly of sound and stable mind. When people figure out that they could've just tossed the card that they made a mistake on and get a new one, people pitched a fit, and the democratic party specifically purposed a re-count. Months later the re-count deadline was pushed back way too many times, and eventually the Republican party sued in order to end what can easily be viewed as a disgrace to the election precedures. Even after being sued, they finished the recount, and Bush STILL won by over 500 votes, but about 10 less than the initial poll.

Then Bush's policy on oil. We all know that the cost for oil has been going up. Welcome to earth, did you have a reservation or do you want temporary lodging? What people don't understand is a very good question that many people, though they would make intelligent assumptions, would all too often not take seriously: why? Answer: Bush's plan outlined that they would release a slightly less amount of petrolium to America while taking what wasn't being used and stashing it up until we reach a certain amount, then afterwards releasing it ALL to the public. That amount was 700,000,000 barrels. Seems like a lot, right? Not that far away, actually. More than a year ago, they had stored up 680,000,000 barrels of petrolium. So like all of Bushes policies, there's going to be a decline, then a very sharp record-breaking rise.

Then we have Bush's actions during 9/11 & Iraq. At 9/11, the terrorist network that is lead by one named Osama Bin Laden initiated an attack on the United states at 6:00 AM. Flying two fully fueled airliners into the world trade center, toppeling it. The purpose of why Osama did it? Religious reasons. America is called the "great satan" by their terrorist network, and planned more than a year in advance to strike at the beginning of their sacred month. A month that Osama claimed would be filled with victories for Muslims everywhere. How they managed to do it? Ah yes. During the 8 years that Clinton was president, he proposed a plan that significantly weakened the military strength of the United states. When presented with information that some group of some guys somewhere didn't like America, he both thought that it was just some "fly" that was too expensive and meaningless to swat, and that the next president would take care of it if it were to become a problem. Little did America know that Alqaeda (sp?) operatives had alread infiltrated America. When the next elected president went into office, this was viewed as a "fly" that was too expensive to swat, and seen as been taken care of by the previous president. The reminders of this fly throughout the months were miniscule, and questionable in authenticity. Then on that day... BOOM! This little "fly" transmitted lime disease. We all know what happened after that. But then there was the proposition by Kerry that Bush let Osama get away at a certain mountain by letting the military of that area take control. Little fact: Osama being in that mountain at that time is a very weak assumption. But wouldn't you know it, that Bastard lived!

Then we go onto Iraq. Prehistory: America impowered Saddam. When Bush Sr. was in office, Saddam begin to preform acts that daddy Bush didn't like. So we cut funding to what Saddam was doing, which was using brutal and terrorrist like tactics to attack the neighboring countries around it. Now the next part I'm a little fuzzy on, but from what I have heard, Saddam failed in an attempt to assassinate Bush Sr., and was caught doing so. Soon after, Bush Sr. initiated a perfectly legal war to remove the abomination in power that America gave power to. The next president was democratic. Interesting thing is that he supported the war and even kept the attacks against Iraq going, even though he was weakening the military. The offense relied primarily on using planes to bomb their military and key areas. Problem was that it wasn't having enough of an effect. 8 years go by, and the next president ends up being a Republican, and the son of the previous Bush. The inefficiancy of the aerial strikes is brought to attention to the new president, and a foot-invasion was proposed. This invasion wasn't approved by the president until after 9/11. Due to legal precautions, we had to have a good reason, and so we sent in inspectors and stuff over there to find if they had violated their agreement to get rid of their WMD. Our inspectors didn't find anything in that short amount of time they were there, but everyone else did. Sattelite photos commonly found large trucks shipping out un-confirmed materials out of each place before the inspectors would reach that destination. Found pictures of confirmed explosives which later was used as an arguement by Kerry against Bush. British espionauge and intelligence found seperate documents detailing shipments of high-quality uranium to Iraq from Africa, and records that Saddam had activity in those areas VERY recently. About the only thing that said that there wasn't WMD were the inspectors. The vast majority of congress agreed, and thus after a few months of waiting due to an altimatum, we lauched a foot invasion. When we get there, we find that pretty much the only thing that Saddam didn't have was the Uranium. He had the funded programs, all of the other denoted materials, and most importantly: motivation.

Any other issues that anyone would like to debate me on or cover?

The Angel of Retribution
11-09-2004, 02:32 AM
^^

That is why I love CS so much.

BTW, welcome back. The intelligence level of this place, yes, has drastically decreased.

Dragonair
11-09-2004, 02:34 AM
I'm still not convinced about the WMD excuse for going into Iraq as the Bush Administration as flipped their reasoning for the invasion was over the corruption 'food for oil' program. Still I concede the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein.

Jack of Clovers
11-09-2004, 03:09 AM
He wasn't on the ballot here in Massachusetts either.
exactly. how is our voting system fair if one of the parties isn't even on the ballet so people can't even have the remote chance to vote for that person. i was outraged to see Nadar not on my ballet (CA). America, the promise land... we can't even have fair ballets to vote on. :susp:

good points Crimson. i don't know too much on current events and the history of it (im up to Vietnam right now). it's just so hard to keep up with all the reports from the news. but i feel very imformed now that i read what you wrote. thanks.

~Jack~

Crimson Spider
11-09-2004, 05:00 AM
They've had to list a whole bunch of tertiary reasons for the invasion of Iraq after the WMD were found to be non-existant.

Scary thing is, I never saw terrorrists being in Iraq listed as a reason. It was somehow implied, and Cheney decided to take time out of his day to make it a purpose.

Matthew
11-09-2004, 05:54 AM
They've had to list a whole bunch of tertiary reasons for the invasion of Iraq after the WMD were found to be non-existant.

Scary thing is, I never saw terrorrists being in Iraq listed as a reason. It was somehow implied, and Cheney decided to take time out of his day to make it a purpose.

can you list those tertiary purposes CS? Oh... and welcome back Crimson!

Crimson Spider
11-09-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm still not convinced about the WMD excuse for going into Iraq as the Bush Administration as flipped their reasoning for the invasion was over the corruption 'food for oil' program. Still I concede the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein.

That is one. Another is the well-being of the Iraqi citizens. A third is the safety of other countries. A fourth is for the economical benifit for other countries.

Dragonair
11-09-2004, 03:44 PM
That is one. Another is the well-being of the Iraqi citizens. A third is the safety of other countries. A fourth is for the economical benifit for other countries.

Then what makes Iraq so special? North Korea fits in all those categories (maybe except #4) Kim Jong Il is starving his people to death, threatened Japan and South Korea both allies and trading partners of the United States and he does have a small stockpile of nuclear weapons lying around and he's publicly making more.

The answer is fairly obvious Bush wants to make Haliburton richer through petroleum. A resource Iraq has but North Korea doesn't.

Tamer Marco
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Then what makes Iraq so special? North Korea fits in all those categories (maybe except #4) Kim Jong Il is starving his people to death, threatened Japan and South Korea both allies and trading partners of the United States and he does have a small stockpile of nuclear weapons lying around and he's publicly making more.

The answer is fairly obvious Bush wants to make Haliburton richer through petroleum. A resource Iraq has but North Korea doesn't. Since i'm not the guy to know about things like this, I had no idea S Korea had that many problems. :ermm: I need to learn about things like these better.

Jack of Clovers
11-10-2004, 12:17 AM
how about this hypothesis:

We(government) invade Iraq because we(gov't) knew it didn't have WoMD {even though they claim they have some}. they can't do anything about s. Korea because they know for a fact that he has nukes. that's why they are dealing with Iraq and not s. Korea. oh, and oil. :susp:

~Jack~

Crimson Spider
11-10-2004, 12:30 AM
O.K. What makes North Korea different is past instances and motivation. Firstly, the idea that he has public WMD is more or less rumer. He's trying to make them isn't, but them being there is. What also isn't is that many people have sent shipments of plutonium and uranium to North Korea. Whether they are refined enough to be used for WMD I don't know, but we do acknowledge a very posssible attempt to make WMD.

Second, we aren't at war with Korea. We were at war with Iraq.

Third, although North Korea isn't exactly friends with America, he didn't take military action against us. Saddam did, even after we put him in power. Though he has threats, they are not towards us, and they haven't led to any sort of problem yet. If they did, it would be all over NBC and others.

Fourth, him trying to make WMD is pratically common knowledge. Everyone knows about it, and you can gurantee that we are going to make an effort to shut it down.

Fifth, there is little motivation, and any sort of nuclear attack against the US would be next to impossible (little to no trading, and they don't have the power), and they cannot bomb their very close neighbors without serious problems occuring. Iraq was a problem because their oil, they could bomb countries far enough away with all of the oil that he had.

Sixth, the people of NK are brainwashed, and seriously DO think their leader is good.

Seventh, he hasn't lied about anything so far.

Eigth, he isn't using his chemical weapons, if there are any at all there, to harm the neighboring areas. Iraq had over a dozen funded chemical weapons programs, and I'm sure you've seen the film from the gassed villiage.

... that's all I can think of for now.

Alakazam
11-10-2004, 12:35 AM
CS, what is your reaction to GWB calling N. Korea as the "Axis of Evil"?

Kenny_C.002
11-10-2004, 12:38 AM
how about this hypothesis:

We(government) invade Iraq because we(gov't) knew it didn't have WoMD {even though they claim they have some}. they can't do anything about s. Korea because they know for a fact that he has nukes. that's why they are dealing with Iraq and not s. Korea. oh, and oil. :susp:

~Jack~

That seems to be the consensus up here yes. Americans (for a lack of a better word) bully the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone. Truth is, once a country has atomic bombing capabilities, nobody will attack them. The most obvious thing would be then to attack any other possible country that can own these weapons. Yes, it's a good thing. The flip side of this, however, is the way Bush executed his "humane" plan in which thousands of innocent people were killed. That was my beef on him from that. I don't particularly agree on the possible oil control that Bush may have also hoped upon.

Alakazam
11-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Americans (for a lack of a better word) bully the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone. .

*politly corrects Kenny*

"The American government bullys the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone."

:wink:

Kenny_C.002
11-10-2004, 12:52 AM
*politly corrects Kenny*

"The American government bullys the weaker countries and leave the powerful alone."

:wink:

Thank you, Alakazam. I'm so politically incorrect nowadays (i.e. I'm not caring enough). :P

Alakazam
11-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Thank you, Alakazam. I'm so politically incorrect nowadays (i.e. I'm not caring enough). :P

No problem :wink: I'm usually big on the whole PC thing, but being an American and all, I just wanted to clarify.

Crimson Spider
11-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I could've sworn he was calling Iraq that and not N-Korea, and whomever he was calling that my opinion remains the same: He needs a better speach writer.

PokemonElite2000
11-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Bush was Reelected thanks to Ohio and Florida. -_- Signs of joy, complaints, or screaming stuff that should be censored? For everyone who hates Bush, just to let you know, we got him for another four years. -_-
If you want to discuss it casually, that can be done in the Other Chat board. But please, use the Other Discussion board for in depth discussion only.

*Thread locked.

EDIT: Due to the topic's rather "casual" approach at the topic, I decided to lock it. You can, however, create a new thread to continue the discussion.