PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania series

George Jefferson
06-15-2007, 06:35 AM
I don't know if I posted a Castlevania series thread, or if there already is one, I suggest you come to me straight out and tell me there is.

This thread is dedicated to the longest running vampire hunter series, Castlevania. Follow the Belmonts and Alucard, as well as others, as they destroy Dracula.

Though, my other threads didn't do well, this one won't last very long either. ):

IBeatRyan
06-15-2007, 06:38 AM
I downloaded the first game to my wii it is most awsome

George Jefferson
06-15-2007, 06:40 AM
I downloaded the first game to my wii it is most awsome

Really? I think it's kinda small, but it's on the GBA and NES as well.

Wait, everytime I post after a guy or girl, this thread always dies. ):

IBeatRyan
06-15-2007, 06:43 AM
well its been soooo long since i played it so im very addicted to it

George Jefferson
06-15-2007, 06:57 AM
well its been soooo long since i played it so im very addicted to it

Right now I'm trying to beat Symphony of the Night. ): Pretty hard.

IBeatRyan
06-15-2007, 07:02 AM
I wanna get the new one for Nintendo DS[plus i heard a movie might be in the makeing]

ZadokRox
06-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I really enjoyed 'Castlevania' (NES) and 'Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse' (NES). I've only played those two games as well as 'Castlevania II: Simon's Quest' (NES) and 'Castlevania: The Adventure' (Game Boy). Haven't played any of the other games (and I've given up on video games).

I think the darkest part of the Castlevania linage was the two N64 Castlevania games. :neutral:

George Jefferson
06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I really enjoyed 'Castlevania' (NES) and 'Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse' (NES). I've only played those two games as well as 'Castlevania II: Simon's Quest' (NES) and 'Castlevania: The Adventure' (Game Boy). Haven't played any of the other games (and I've given up on video games).

I think the darkest part of the Castlevania linage was the two N64 Castlevania games. :neutral:

Agreed, those two were the worst. ):

IBeatRyan
06-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Does anyone else remember the nintendo power issue with the severd head?

ZadokRox
06-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Does anyone else remember the nintendo power issue with the severd head?

While I never had that issue, I remember the cover very well. A good number of parents were angered by the depiction of Simon Belmont holding Dracula's head. That might be one reason why Nintendo strives to be a family-friendly company.

IBeatRyan
06-16-2007, 01:32 AM
man that was a awsome cover

Poltergeist
06-16-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm thinking about buying Portrait of Ruin for the DS but have any of you played it and recommend it?

IBeatRyan
06-16-2007, 03:48 AM
I dont own it but i heard its a fantastic game

George Jefferson
06-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Well, if anybody would like to help, I'm stuck on SotN.

ZadokRox
06-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Sorry, Kenneth; can't help you there. Surely there's an online guide that can help you...isn't there? Where are you stuck at and how are you stuck?

George Jefferson
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry, Kenneth; can't help you there. Surely there's an online guide that can help you...isn't there? Where are you stuck at and how are you stuck?

I should try GameFAQs, now that I have access to the internet again.

!CeMAn
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I loved Castlevania III, played it so much when i was a kid but i don't think i ever beat it... I had the 64 game which was sweet. Other than that, not much. I'm dying to play Castlevania II again though.

ZadokRox
06-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I loved Castlevania III, played it so much when i was a kid but i don't think i ever beat it....

I beat 'Castlevania III' several times. My best feats includes beating the game in 48 minutes (using two lives; my teenage nephew was a witness) and beating the game with one life (didn't time myself and didn't have a witness).

If it means anything to you, I never beat the original 'Castlevania' game. :sad:

Akuma
06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Ah, I bought Castlevania Symphony of The Night for my 360. It's by far my favorite Castlevania, their's so much you can do.

!CeMAn
06-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I beat 'Castlevania III' several times. My best feats includes beating the game in 48 minutes (using two lives; my teenage nephew was a witness) and beating the game with one life (didn't time myself and didn't have a witness).

If it means anything to you, I never beat the original 'Castlevania' game. :sad:
Yeah, i'm not sure i even knew how to beat Dracula.
Either that, or i just couldn't do it.
:redface:

ZadokRox
06-29-2007, 01:42 AM
I got to Dracula in the original 'Castlevania'. I know that he opens his cape and shoots three fireballs at once. You got to hit him in the head when his cape is open. After that, he changes into a gargoyle or something. I never figured out how to beat that form because he jumped up and stomped me to death. :sad: