PDA

View Full Version : Overrated/Underrated

Ash & Kyogre
11-07-2004, 07:00 PM
What are some of the shows and movies that you think are overrated and underrated?

Overrated
Desperate Housewives (ABC)
Case Closed ([adult_swim])

Underrated
life as we know it (ABC)
Phil of the Future (Disney Channel)
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones (20th Century FOX)

King Kangaskhan
11-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I do agree that life as we know it is underrated. It's a really good show. Even though I watch the O.C. and I like it, I think it's overrated. It's not all that great. I also think the Pokemon games are underrated. Non-Pokemon fans, all they think about is the tv show when they hear about Pokemon, but they don't even consider the games, which are really fun, even if you're not a fan.

Keeper_of_Light
11-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Naruto is underated. I think its one of the best anime's aout there. Overrated, wow there are loads most "popular" TV shows are overrated.

Seven
11-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Waaaaaay overrated is the Matrix-trilogy. Sure part 1 was good, but the sequences sucked =\. People act like they're among the best movies ever-made o_O;;.

Underrated is Britney Spears :P.

Ash & Kyogre
11-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Waaaaaay overrated is the Matrix-trilogy. Sure part 1 was good, but the sequences sucked =\. People act like they're among the best movies ever-made o_O;;.

Underrated is Britney Spears :P.
I agree, the Matrix is overrated.

Keeper_of_Light
11-28-2004, 01:49 PM
I agree with that too Martix 1 is a good film the the other two are hardly worth talking about EVER!!!

Sudo
12-24-2004, 11:36 AM
The matrix was on tv and i watched about 30 mins of it and i was bored out of my head! I think it is totaly overated.And if you cant sleep watch "the matrix" and you would be out like a light.

Lexaeus
01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
The Matrix is one of my all-time favourite movies. It is very interesting, but the other two were just not as great. 'Reloaded' was terribly dull, and 'Revolutions' was okay but I was constantly confused.

Pidgeot79
01-19-2005, 03:43 AM
I think Fear Factor is overrated.It has gotten really boring after the first 10 episodes.All the stunts are old and unoriginal.

Matthew
01-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Overrated:
Survivor 1-9999999
Real World 1-9999999
Matrix Tril

Underrated:
Teen Titans

That is all I can think of at the moment...

Thanatos
01-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Overated -

The OC

Underated -

Futurama

More laters

Alakazam
01-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Overrated:
-any and all reality TV shows
-Pokemon (sorry, but you know its true)
-anything on adult swim
-Dragonball Z

Underrated:
-The Daily Show

PokemonElite2000
01-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Overrated:
-any and all reality TV shows
-Pokemon (sorry, but you know its true)
-anything on adult swim
-Dragonball Z

Underrated:
-The Daily Show
Heh, I disagree on many of those.

First off, I would say Pokemon was overrated years ago, when people would pay $50 for a Charizard card, that's overrated. It's not overrated anymore, that's for sure. You won't see people paying $50 for a Charizard now, people would think you're crazy. I saw the madness myself, a store offered me $40 for my Charizard card. I waited in long lines to buy tickets to the first Pokemon movie (been to many movies, never seen anything like it, even to this day). The hype is over, and Pokemon still stands, that means it's truely liked by the masses, and not just because it was a fad that will fade away, it's still here.

Dragon Ball Z, I would disagree also. Well, it never really got that popular here in the US. I guess, not as popular as Pokemon, but Dragon Ball was huge in Japan when it was on there.

I love the Daily Show, but again, I have to disagree here. I would say it's neither.

As for Adult Swim, it's a fad, I agree here, it is overrated. Just the fact that it's labeled "adult" swim makes it a pretty sure hit. It makes it seem that what you're watching is not "kiddy" stuff, but more "adult" or mature/serious stuff. So that goes well with the kids/teens that don't want to be associated with the kids stuff.

As for others that people have mentioned. Matrix... boy, lol. Okay, I loved the first movie, it was amazing. I think Reloaded was underrated, it wasn't that bad, it was decent. But the third, Revolutions, that the disaster. That wasn't underrated, that was truely a disaster. Some think it's more of a disaster than I do, but the bottom line is it wasn't a good thing that they made Revolutions for many fans.

boltAge
01-23-2005, 09:42 AM
The Matrix's 2nd and 3rd movie are probably not worth watching if you haven't watched the first.

I mean, I was like, watching Revolutions the other day, and I had absolutely no idea what the hell were they blabbering about.

Alakazam
01-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Heh, I disagree on many of those.

First off, I would say Pokemon was overrated years ago, when people would pay $50 for a Charizard card, that's overrated. It's not overrated anymore, that's for sure. You won't see people paying $50 for a Charizard now, people would think you're crazy. I saw the madness myself, a store offered me $40 for my Charizard card. I waited in long lines to buy tickets to the first Pokemon movie (been to many movies, never seen anything like it, even to this day). The hype is over, and Pokemon still stands, that means it's truely liked by the masses, and not just because it was a fad that will fade away, it's still here.

This being the Other Entertainment Board, I was referring to pokémon: the animé, and not pokémon as a whole. The animé is pporly written, poorly drawn (for the most part), and drawn out WAY too much. Yet it still make AOL/Time Warner massive amounts of money.

Dragon Ball Z, I would disagree also. Well, it never really got that popular here in the US. I guess, not as popular as Pokemon, but Dragon Ball was huge in Japan when it was on there.

Well, animé in general isn't very popular in the US, one could say. But among anmie fans, I think it'sTOO popular, if you know what I mean (er...overrated, there we go). It's still probably one of the most popular anime series over here *doesn't consider a five year old who rushes to sit two inches in front of the TV to watch pokemon an anime fan* Maybe it's just me.

As for others that people have mentioned. Matrix... boy, lol. Okay, I loved the first movie, it was amazing. I think Reloaded was underrated, it wasn't that bad, it was decent. But the third, Revolutions, that the disaster. That wasn't underrated, that was truely a disaster. Some think it's more of a disaster than I do, but the bottom line is it wasn't a good thing that they made Revolutions for many fans.

I completely disagreee on this one. The first movie is overrated, but I think the last two are quite underrated. I enjoyed the whole trilogy, and like the last movie the best.

^

PokemonElite2000
01-23-2005, 08:29 PM
About the show, who's overrating it? You won't see people saying that Pokemon is the greatest anime that ever lived, that would be overrated. It's just still entertaining enough and people still watch it. If it weren't for the game, it would be even less popular.

Dragon Ball was very popular when it first came out in the US because of the fact people didn't really had any other choice for anime. It was overrated when it was the rare anime in the US, but now, we have more variety of anime and the Dragon Ball popularity has dropped.

Well the last two Matrix movies (mostly the last one, Revolutions) didn't go well with two important groups, the fans and the critics. Fans didn't go see it, Revolutions made HALF of what Reloaded made. The more fans that saw it, the more fans that didn't like it. It didn't get any awards, which I'm sad for them since I liked the Matrix. When the fans and critics agree in large numbers like that, I don't think that's underrated. Obviously there's still fans that still liked how the last two movies went, but the majority didn't go that way. Revolutions is the only movie so far, that I came out of a movie and said to myself "What?"

The Matrix's 2nd and 3rd movie are probably not worth watching if you haven't watched the first.

I mean, I was like, watching Revolutions the other day, and I had absolutely no idea what the hell were they blabbering about.
Well, no offense, but that only makes sense to watch the beginning of a movie before watching the middle and the end. They're not going to explain the story again and the character all over again, that's been done.

boltAge
01-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Well, no offense, but that only makes sense to watch the beginning of a movie before watching the middle and the end. They're not going to explain the story again and the character all over again, that's been done.
Well, a lot of movie sequels make sense even if you don't watch the previous movies. Just that Matrix is toooo...confusing, they just started off with some random people staring at the Matrix mumbling some stuff.

Though I don't really care that much about the movie since it's basically a copycat of other movies :goofy:

PokemonElite2000
01-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Well, a lot of movie sequels make sense even if you don't watch the previous movies. Just that Matrix is toooo...confusing, they just started off with some random people staring at the Matrix mumbling some stuff.

Though I don't really care that much about the movie since it's basically a copycat of other movies :goofy:
lol, the only reason that it's "random people" is because you don't know the people :tongue: .

If it were a simple movie, I guess you can "guess" the plot and follow along. But with the Matrix? No way. The story is too complex, you won't understand a thing.

Matt & Vulpix
01-25-2005, 01:30 AM
I think that Desperate Housewives ISN'T overrated, as the first poster said. I mean, it's very good if you ask me. It deserves the credit it gets. However, I do think you need to at least appreciate shows of the drama genre to remotely like it, and you'll surely like it if you like Soap Operas.

I think Charmed is very underrated. It's a good show, with a good storyline that is hard to produce and good acting. What's not to like?

I think that reality shows are overrated - except the "originals', as I call them. They consist of:
- Survivor;
- Big Brother;
- The Amazing Race;
- Fear Factor.
All others are moronic things. I mean, "Who wants to marry my dad?" and that show with the little dwarf they tried to pair off. That ISN'T reality, that's REALITY TELEVISION FIX-UP. -_-

Jack of Clovers
01-25-2005, 06:59 AM
yes, Survivor is great. i think the Amazing Race is very clever too.

-Overrated-
big time action flicks w/no plot.
Desperate Housewives
The OC (even though i watch it :eh: it's my home state)
AMERICAN IDOL (seriously, the madness must stop)

-Under Rated-
Kill Bill 1 and 2 {great movies, plot, character development. Tarintino has a great sense of movie magic :biggrin: }
Stargate SG-1 TV series

~Jack~