PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of missingo!

Punk-Dude-Danny
03-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Ive discovered Missingo in Lg/Fr!

Although, I had to hack it in......

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/aej/MISSINGO__________.PNG

Enjoy! Ill get more info as SOON as I can!

Ps. Can I post codes? Because one site said I was lying, and I couldnt prove it because they wouldnt let you post gameshark codes. If I can, I will post the Code.

Scizor
03-13-2004, 04:47 PM
how did you got it ??

Thunderbird
03-13-2004, 04:49 PM
This is really cool. good job Punk, u're even quicker than serebii.net! ^_^

Punk-Dude-Danny
03-13-2004, 04:49 PM
*Hits head against table*
Doesnt anyone read my posts?
lol

Sorry, but I explained it in my first post, I used a Gameshark.

Scizor
03-13-2004, 04:52 PM
*Hits head against table*
Doesnt anyone read my posts?
lol

Sorry, but I explained it in my first post, I used a Gameshark.

sry..... :redface: i'm in deap shame of myself

Punk-Dude-Danny
03-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Dont worry, lol!

I nearly got banned from another because someone didnt read the post and said it was a fake.........

I have a few more, but I wont give the code out unless a Mod Pms me and says if it is ok! :smile:

Scizor
03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
well, can you just show some pics of it ?

DoomDesire
03-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Thats cool but without GS Missingo is Gone for good! YAY!

Punk-Dude-Danny
03-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Its nice to see him, even if you have to hack him..

These are the other screens before I caught him and he crashed the game:
http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/aej/MISSINGO_2.PNG
http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/aej/MISSINGO_3.PNG

Pokemon World Mazter
03-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Cool. Those images look very interesting. Nice Job!^_^

Frost
03-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Alright so I know talk of hacking games isn't allowed here and I'm not necisarily talking about it just making a referance as to prove something.

Thats not the usual missing number that we are all used to from red vs blue. There is about 10 of those in the game that Gamefreak or Nintendo purposely has in there for whatever reason.. I know this because I've hacked the game and seen all ten of them.

So just letting you know...

Scizor
03-13-2004, 07:22 PM
so he destroys your game just as before..... is there a cheat after it just like in the old red/blue ?

AshMistyMayfan
03-14-2004, 02:59 AM
[I got that when I failed to put in the last numbers to get Sentret, game froze for a seconds, then MIssingno appeared. I ran away and corrected the numbers for Sentret.

Tamer Marco
03-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Thats cool Punk! Once again you find out stuff I don't,.

Thunderbird
03-14-2004, 04:09 AM
Punk, do u use gameshark to get that totodile on the screenshot?

Punk-Dude-Danny
03-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Yep!

I was trying to see if I could get Deoxys shiny on Lg.

BUt thats when that thing appered!

Super Blastoise 64
03-14-2004, 07:10 PM
can you get missingno without gameshark, just wondering because i dont want to be tempted to do that missingno trick again

Suicune
03-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Will the pokemon world ever be rid off Missing No.?

I CERTAINLY HOPE SO!!!!!

DoomDesire
03-14-2004, 07:46 PM
can you get missingno without gameshark, just wondering because i dont want to be tempted to do that missingno trick again

MISSINGO IS GONE! The only way to get him is by cheating. (GR/AR).

Steven
03-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Well they corrected it when they went back to make yellow, so I was sure we lost him for good... what I'm wondering is, why don't they just break down and make a pokedex for missing no and just make him a rare legendary pokemon with enough power to change time and send you back in time to the beginning of whatever so that you have that same feeling that you've done this before... (since he resets your game... meh.)

Missingno. the Deja vu pokemon... heh heh... I just thought of something.

Ixidor
03-15-2004, 08:15 AM
i hated missingo, but he was useful for completing your pokedex easy

o well

Shroomish
03-15-2004, 08:48 AM
I got that same image on Sapphire once... I used the Walk Through Walls code and went inside the two player battle mode thing.. When I stepped on the line, it started a battle and that thing came up. I caught it too but it cashed.

It also came up when I started it over and used the WTW code again to escape Littleroot without getting my starter. When I went to battle my rival, we started the battle and it appeared as both my rivals, and my Pokemon.

All it is is something that pops up when the game doesn't know what Pokemon to siulate. If you'll notice, it kind of serves the same purpose as it does in the Pokedex, marks the place of unkown Pokemon.
(If you'll look in the Pokedex beside the name of a Pokemon you've not yet seen, that "Missingno" thing will be there as well.)
I just call it the Question Mark thing. XD But I guess it really is a Missing Number...

LolJolteonMaster
03-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Lucky Lucky! Me wanna missingno!

Scizor
03-15-2004, 11:12 AM
hey look in my thread about missingno, there's even more....

Viera
03-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Missingo is cheating. Not sanctioned by NIntendo. After all I said I have Mew!!! hehehehehehehehe....

Pink Yoshi
03-15-2004, 03:54 PM
I caught Missing no. once and my game didnt crash; but thats probablly cus I used game shark to make it crash-proof, lol.

UltimateShadow
03-15-2004, 04:11 PM
I caught Missing no. once and my game didnt crash; but thats probablly cus I used game shark to make it crash-proof, lol.
I Once got Missingo by using AR in Gold/Silver :biggrin: (i pushed in the wrong code :redface: ...)
And he looks just like in RBY but some more black, i also used the crash-proof, so it did'nt crash, i just turned my GB off... :mrgreen:

Marill
03-15-2004, 10:47 PM
I guess I've always just been lucky. Whenver I captured Missing No., I would never have problems with my game. Anyway, someone was talking earlier and said that that wasn't Missing No. Well, if it wasn't, could it be another Unown?

Shroomish
03-15-2004, 10:58 PM
I guess I've always just been lucky. Whenver I captured Missing No., I would never have problems with my game. Anyway, someone was talking earlier and said that that wasn't Missing No. Well, if it wasn't, could it be another Unown?
You mean what I said?
What I mean is it's not the same as the Missingno in R/B but it is kind of a "Missing Number".... I guess you could say it's a Missingno of a different color. :razz:

Marill
03-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Whoops! I'm sorry, I didn't read into it more, I just skimmed overwards. Eh, I haven't seen you in forever! How are ya? ^__^;; Anyways, I think I want to capture the Missing No., just because it looks appealing. I wonder what its ability is?

Shroomish
03-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Well, it'd be hard to find out. When I caught it, it was in the Two Player battle thing so it automatically saved it like two secs after I had caught it. X_X;;
I come out of the room and it just freezes. =/ *Shrugs* I turn the game back on and it's just froze... crashed.. had to start over. :P

Kind of what that "Bad Egg" thing does to a game when you hatch it.

Thunderbird
03-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Whoops! I'm sorry, I didn't read into it more, I just skimmed overwards. Eh, I haven't seen you in forever! How are ya? ^__^;; Anyways, I think I want to capture the Missing No., just because it looks appealing. I wonder what its ability is?
Hmm...i thought it will immediately crash your game if u check its status screen; ^^"

Dre@mWe@ver
03-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Meh, I have already known about that weird thingy for a while =X I ran into it one day in my Ruby game. I know for sure that those pics are real Punk-Dude-Danny, because I have witnessed them also *like I said before*

Zenaku
03-16-2004, 08:24 PM
In the games, an area has a certain number of Designated Pokemon. In R/B, Missing No. was caused by one of the Pokemon slots for the Cinnabar area to not be programmed. Since that Pokemon slot didnt have a designated Pokemon, it appeared as a glitched sprite, and any attacks it had were random (But the same attacks were chosen in all games).

Then there's R/S. Codes range from 00 to FF, which can be for hundreds of Pokemon. Unfortunately, theres always a few codes that are unused. In R/S, Nintendo used these extra Hex values for the Q Mark sprite, which appears when you havent seen a Pokemon. The real Missing No. was taken out of the game since Pokemon Yellow, as someone said earlier. That "Missing No." is just Nintendo making use of a few extra Hex values in the games, so it's nt really the real deal.

If anyone doesnt understand what i just said; tough, i'm not dumbing it down... :P

UltimateShadow
03-20-2004, 10:35 AM
If anyone doesnt understand what i just said; tough, i'm not dumbing it down... :P
.................................................. ... :confused:

I get it, yeah , i get it.... :liar:
OK OK i don't get it...
Somebady explain :question:

Ironshell Blastoise
03-20-2004, 03:21 PM

Gamesharks don't have the capability to STOP a game from crashing. If catching this "missingno", the gameshark must have a code to keep the game from crashing and continuing to play after you catch it. Since capturing it sends the message in the game to crash (though it was probably not programmed like that by the programmers), I seriously doubt there is a code to prevent it from crashing. Even if there was a code, I don't think you'd have it ._. Sorry

Ironshell Blastoise
03-20-2004, 03:23 PM
In the games, an area has a certain number of Designated Pokemon. In R/B, Missing No. was caused by one of the Pokemon slots for the Cinnabar area to not be programmed. Since that Pokemon slot didnt have a designated Pokemon, it appeared as a glitched sprite, and any attacks it had were random (But the same attacks were chosen in all games).

Then there's R/S. Codes range from 00 to FF, which can be for hundreds of Pokemon. Unfortunately, theres always a few codes that are unused. In R/S, Nintendo used these extra Hex values for the Q Mark sprite, which appears when you havent seen a Pokemon. The real Missing No. was taken out of the game since Pokemon Yellow, as someone said earlier. That "Missing No." is just Nintendo making use of a few extra Hex values in the games, so it's nt really the real deal.

Ah, thank God. Some true intelligence in here.

DoomDesire
03-20-2004, 08:07 PM

Thats really cool thanks for the info

Punk-Dude-Danny
03-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Sorry I havent been on! My Pc Caught a virus!

I understand that Dark Absol.

Mechaflame
03-21-2004, 06:07 PM
That's pretty cool! Nice work Punk. :smile:

Jirachi
03-21-2004, 10:38 PM

Ps. Can I post codes? Because one site said I was lying, and I couldnt prove it because they wouldnt let you post gameshark codes. If I can, I will post the Code.He does not look like old Missingno.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
He does not look like old Missingno.

Thats because its not. READ ABOVE ._.

Jirachi
03-22-2004, 02:53 AM

Ps. Can I post codes? Because one site said I was lying, and I couldnt prove it because they wouldnt let you post gameshark codes. If I can, I will post the Code.Yes you can post codes.I saw a thread for codes somewhere here and it was made by a mod.How do you post pictures anyways?

MHDanny
05-05-2005, 12:44 AM
you can get missing number in yellow.....
ever hear `bout the mew glitch.....
search on yahoo....
you can also get mew...
I met the glitch master...
email me for more info...

ZERO RULES............

Zenaku
05-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Please do not revive old threads, as the topics either been covered completely, or people have lost interest.