PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Religion

Nohman
03-13-2004, 04:02 PM
What religion do you follow? I'm an Atheist, even though the rest of my family are Christians. :twisted:

silverfrost
03-13-2004, 04:28 PM
"Other" because I'm Agnostic. There's no proof that god exists and there's no proof that god doesn't exist. Therefore, either is possible.

plasmaball3000
03-13-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm hovering somewhere between Atheist and Agnostic.

King Kangaskhan
03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
None

boltAge
03-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Buddhism. In other words, I'm a Buddhist :wink:

Agent Orange
03-13-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm Christian.

Thunderbird
03-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Well...i dun have a religion O_o;;

Nohman
03-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Well...i dun have a religion O_o;;

So you'd be either an atheist or an agnostic. :twisted:

Tamer Marco
03-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Christian .

Jeikobu
03-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Christianity, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Neo Emolga
03-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm a Christian, but I don't beleive what the church is doing is correct in God's light, so I've stopped going there. I worship God, not the church...

DragonTamer
03-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I'm Christian as well. Yeah our church is turning kind of wierd. I don't agree with some of the new stuff they're doing and a lot of other people don't and then they wonder why fewer people are showing up.

Sutiivun
03-14-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm a Christian also. I don't like it how our church is acting. God is the almighty one, not the church. :sad:

Lightning
03-14-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm a Church of Christ Christian.

Jeikobu
03-15-2004, 12:11 AM
It's hard to find good churches these days, since so many are so interested in themselves. They don't care about worshipping God, they just care about their own popularity. I go to a Messianic congregation on Saturdays rather than to a more common church on Sundays. Part of the reason I go is because my dad really likes it and is very Jewish at heart (though not on the outside), the other part being that they really have good praise and worship and a good message, and you can feel God's presence there more than the other places I've been too. I'm not Jewish in or out, but I do consider that place my church.

Lucky Flareon
03-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Christianity.

I don't believe in what our church is doing either. They use most of the money they get to improve the building instead of helping people like they should be doing with all the money that they recieve.

Sutiivun
03-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Heh, a growing problem across the nation. :sad:

Shroomish
03-15-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm a Christian and, as J said, I wouldn't have it any other way. ^_^

I'm happy to see that Christians are dominating this poll. For a while, I thought that most of the people on PE2K were non-believers...

Phoenix004
03-15-2004, 09:40 AM
I do believe that God exists, but I don't believe everything in the Bible or the Church. I am a Quaker. We are more laid back and open minded than other forms of Christianity, we don't have any set prayers or rituals. We worship God in our own ways, and try to concentrate on more important things in life. I mean for example: God exists, okay, but where did God come from? No offense yo anyone, but I find it hard to believe that God was just "there" the whole time, even before time. I don't believe in the "Big bang theory." How can an explosion of particles and atoms create an ordered, beautiful universe full of life? Even if it were true, where did the particles and atoms come from?
Therefore, I believe that someone or something (which we call "God") created the universe. I can accept that. What we Quakers ask is why and how God created the universe.
Quakers are also very tolerant of other peoples religions. I believe that God does exist. If you don't agree then that's fine with me, as God gave us free will and free choise.

Jet
03-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm Christian, although I rarely go to mass... but I still pray... =P

But still, I still go to temples and pay respects to my dead Chinese "ancestors", and my recent dead relative; my grandfather's mom, who died last last friday... 98 yrs. old... amazing...

Raddstealth316
03-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I am Christian *didnt know so many people were christian on pe2k*

Seven
03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm agnostic, so I voted other. I don't know about God, but I think the Bible and other religious books (for a greater part) are just stories.

I am Christian *didnt know so many people were christian on pe2k*

I don't think this poll is representative. It could be, but at this moment, only 12 out of 384 people voted that they're christian.

Marill
03-17-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm Christian, just to let you guys know. ^_^;; But I also respect other's beliefs, I'm not one to just sit down and try to denounce them.

masaki
03-18-2004, 01:12 AM
I am Christian but I don't go to church often. :silenced:

The Dragon Killer
03-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I told all my freinds thats i'm Christian but i really like the Islam :pray:

Ironshell Blastoise
03-22-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm a Christian and, as J said, I wouldn't have it any other way. ^_^

I'm happy to see that Christians are dominating this poll. For a while, I thought that most of the people on PE2K were non-believers...

Is there anything wrong with non believers? I'm atheist, but I find people's religions nowadays are making cracks in how people get along.

It is proven fact that worshipping a God or Gods originated because people could not explain their existence or natural phenomena. I tend to follow science, and I believe the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution. The Christian faith, as well as almost every other religion, contradict and clash what science says, so I'd find it hard to be a severely religious scientist.

Now, while I may not be religious, I do have an admiration for architecture, and the crap they build lately and call churches is stupid. If you want to see REAL church architecture, look at Reims and the like in France. Or the old stone churches in the country.

Ice Demon
03-22-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm a Catholic Chritian, and i'm loving it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with non belivers, or people with other religions. Have it your way and I'll have my way.

wow. two fast food quotes in one post

Ironshell Blastoise
03-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Wow, someone has a nice sense of humor. I like you. When I control the world, you can have a quick, painless death. XD :P

Ierdar
03-23-2004, 06:31 AM
I voted Atheist, though I'm really agnostic. Yes, there is a difference. =P

Mechaflame
03-25-2004, 08:44 PM
My religion is Christianity. Proud of it! :smile:

Lord Celebi
03-26-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm Buddhist.

http://empireirc.net/pokemonelite2000/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif Raik! You're Buddhist? I never knew that!

Alakazam
03-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm a Christian, a Roman Catholic, to be precise.

And, FYI, Atheism is NOT a religion. It's defined as a lack thereof...

Kan
03-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm a wierd mix of aethiest/agnostic, depending on my mood. Most of the time, I'm agnostic. :silenced:

Phoenix004
03-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Do any Buddhists actually believe in any form of God? I'm not being disrespectful or anything, I respect other people's beliefs, I was just curious. I've heard that Buddhists don't have a God, they just have the prophet Buddah (Spelling?). I just wondered if there are any Buddhists that believe in a God.

Saya
03-26-2004, 07:50 PM
I am a christian and I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-26-2004, 08:41 PM
I, personally, am trying to find where history ends and religion starts. A lot of what is in the Bible is historic, but the details seem to sway and change depending on the religion, or lack there of. So, I'm slowly researching what religion says what happened in different events.

Saya
03-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Notice how every culture/religion has a creation story. And alot of them have flood storys.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-27-2004, 03:37 AM
If it is a religion, it has a creation story.

And yes, a lot of religions have a flood story. Too bad the Greeks and Romans' flood was a LOT earlier than Noah.

I'm more talking about what Jesus did, if he was a real historical person. In no religious reckonings, I want to find out what he did HISTORICALLY, and not the Christian relgion says. I want to know what history says.

boltAge
03-27-2004, 09:14 AM
I'm Buddhist.

http://empireirc.net/pokemonelite2000/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif Raik! You're Buddhist? I never knew that!
What if I am? I'm planning to change/ditch my religion when I grow up, because I don't believe in some of the stuff Buddhists believes in, and I don't think praying a million times to "God" would let you win the lottery :rolleyes:

Do any Buddhists actually believe in any form of God? I'm not being disrespectful or anything, I respect other people's beliefs, I was just curious. I've heard that Buddhists don't have a God, they just have the prophet Buddah (Spelling?). I just wondered if there are any Buddhists that believe in a God.

Buddhists have a lot of gods/deities...Here's a good information site(I think. It was the first site that showed up when I searched "Buddhism" on Yahoo.): http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism.htm

Saya
03-27-2004, 12:44 PM
If it is a religion, it has a creation story.

And yes, a lot of religions have a flood story. Too bad the Greeks and Romans' flood was a LOT earlier than Noah.

I'm more talking about what Jesus did, if he was a real historical person. In no religious reckonings, I want to find out what he did HISTORICALLY, and not the Christian relgion says. I want to know what history says.
I only know about what the bible says about Jesus.

There was also something interesting where scientists were adding up digitd or something for the sun. The digits didn't come out right so they added the two times in the bible when the sund stopped and the digits came out right. My science teacher told me that.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-27-2004, 05:07 PM
My interest in what Jesus did (according to history) started when we were learning about world religions in World History. I felt it had a good deal of information that told about what he did as a "person" and not the "messiah".

Evanna
03-28-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm supposed to be Christian, but I'm very interested in other cultures. That doesn't mean I believe in them. It's just a passion of mine oO

_DarkCharizard_
03-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Im a Christian, I believe in God and Jesus and all that stoof but I only go to church for family weddings, funerals and christenings...... not out of choice :smile:

Idol worshipper? isnt that the whole idea of religions anyway? to pray to God (or whoever/whatever you believe in). If you mean to idolise another human then I dont do that....... although I do frequently wish I was Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, ex-QOTSA, Probot) and he's kinda my idol :lol:

Thanatos
03-29-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm agnostic. I believe in evolution, and scientific ways.

However, there must be something after this hell we call life. Anything.

Techno Treecko
04-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Christianity, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ditto here man. :cool:

I'm a Christian, but I don't beleive what the church is doing is correct in God's light, so I've stopped going there. I worship God, not the church...

Well, if your church is like that, then you need to find a new church, because they're obvoiusly wrong. :confused:

Jack of Clovers
04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
i demand to know where the "none" category is! :razz:

Vote: Other (no religion)

~Jack~

green gyarados
04-01-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm a christian, like most other people here

Sapfire Latios
04-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm wiccan.

Khashoggi
04-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Hoi, what about agnosticism?

TT, I think he means the Church in general.

KenshinU
04-02-2004, 07:24 AM
I don't have a religion. :neutral:

Techno Treecko
04-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Hoi, what about agnosticism?

TT, I think he means the Church in general.

Yes, well if so, he may have had a bad experience in a church that he went to. If this is true, he should not base his reasoning on just that bad experience, and should try other churches. They aren't all the same you know. I've been to some churches that are so bland and stuck up that I can't stand them, but then I've been to others that just want to make jump up out of my seat! There are some good churches out there, you just have to find them. :smile:

Khashoggi
04-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Yes, well if so, he may have had a bad experience in a church that he went to. If this is true, he should not base his reasoning on just that bad experience, and should try other churches. They aren't all the same you know. I've been to some churches that are so bland and stuck up that I can't stand them, but then I've been to others that just want to make jump up out of my seat! There are some good churches out there, you just have to find them. :smile:
I don't mean A church or churches... Not the kind of church that sermons are held in, the Christian Church as a whole. Although it has quite a lot of sections anyway.

Deoxys0003
04-06-2004, 03:22 AM
well i'm Christian and the fact that there is no evidence for there being a God is rediculous because the very fact that you are breathing and the fact that the sun rises every day shows that there is a God.

Thunderbird
04-06-2004, 05:29 AM
well i'm Christian and the fact that there is no evidence for there being a God is rediculous because the very fact that you are breathing and the fact that the sun rises every day shows that there is a God.
But in the scientific way of speaking, they ar not becoz of God, but just the way of nature LOL