PDA

View Full Version : Animals

Tamer Marco
11-09-2004, 04:46 PM
I think this is a debatable topic. How do you feel about the way humans treat animals and harm them etc. I think that nearly everything we do for them is wrong. I saw a pic that showed a polar bear in a zoo. The bastards dyed his fur a bright purple! -_-

Crimson Spider
11-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Depends from situation to situation. That polar bear, someone should be arrested. But like KFC bying chicken from a place that doesn't treat their chickens in a humane way... I don't mind that.

Pidgeot79
01-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't think animals should be eaten unless they die from natural causes.Why kill an animal just for it's meat which isn't really needed to survive life.Everything deserves to live (unless some kind of cow goes on a killing spree or something and cannot be contained).

LaprasRider
01-16-2005, 01:30 PM
I know, what do we think we are? People also treat nature badly, too.

Sudo
01-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Well i have been acustomed to the odd beef burger but yes i see your point on the topic of animals getting slaughtered for food! Although meat does contain a high amount of protein,iron and a whole host of other vitamins and minerals therefore they are great in nutritional values. :neutral:

The main thing that agrivates me the most is the poaching of beautiful and animals such as white tigers (on the brink of being extinction) and the lgiant panda (only about 20 left in the world).

Why must we hunt the most beautiful of natural things in the world?It makes me so ashamed!

flyhighlatias!
01-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree with yall ,and down here in Texas what really gets me is the horse slaugter; some people just don't know how to take care of horses and the ponies pay the price ; on the news they actually showed a horse getting killed to make us aware of this , I guess some people just need to see how mean we can get before any action is taken..........

Sudo
01-16-2005, 07:14 PM
i am disgusted by the fact that if a race horse injures itself so that it is unable to participate in further races it is relentlessly slaughtered, the owners dont even bother to enquire about re-homing the poor thing they just go ahead and take its life without a thaught about the suffering and the pain that the animal will endure for no reason! rrrrrrrrrr im all pissed off now! :dazed:

Lexaeus
01-17-2005, 01:20 AM
I don't mind chicken, pork, and burger because those animals are bred for that purpose, so they are not killed for no reason. I just HATE animal cruelty, however. I can't see how someone neglects their pet and beats them, or yet the owner has a ton of expensive material in their homes and yet they cannot "afford" to take their pet to the vet or even buy them food. I watch the Animal Planet justice shows, and it makes me sick how someone could be so monsterous to an animal. They have feelings, and they never did anything to harm anyone. It's just sickening and sad.

Matt & Vulpix
01-17-2005, 01:41 AM
I think animal cruelty is wrong. It's like hitting your own child, except it isn't your child. *short pause* Right ^^; But still, it's wrong. They are living beings with BRAINS. I mean, if it has a brain, it shows just how intelligent it is! You must treat it with respect!

Agent Orange
01-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Well, animal cruelty is disusting, I agree, but I eat pork, poultry, fish, and beef all the time, I do not find that disusting. The animals are bred to be eaten, and call me a bastard, but when I'm eating tuna or something, I don't think, "Aww...I feel sorry for the poor fish." I think "Damn, this is good!"

But as for painting polar bears or killing disabled racehorses, those people are cruel and sick. I saw a news article of this guy who stole a families dog, (A tiny terrier of something) grabbed it by the legs, and flung it like, 20 feet. The sick freak killed the dog for kicks, I'd like to take HIM and throw him 20 feet. :susp:

ashkelon
01-17-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't think animals should be eaten unless they die from natural causes.
Um, I think that's called... carrion :tongue: <gak>

Like most of you, I eat meat, and I enjoy it. And I don't thank the Gods for my food, but I always remember to thank my dinner -- I mean the animals and plants that sustain me with their lives.

I love my dogs, and horses, and snakes, rats and parrots. And I respect that my snake (sonnoran gopher snake, beautiful as a unicorn) is made so that eating small animals is the only way she can live.

I grew up hunting, and one of the first things the uncles did was to mark our faces with the blood of anything we killed and then we all praised and blessed the animal or bird or fish. We do that still. I don't think animals as food are wrong, or killing them. I think disrespecting the sacrifice of the animal is.

Tamer Marco
01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
i am disgusted by the fact that if a race horse injures itself so that it is unable to participate in further races it is relentlessly slaughtered, the owners dont even bother to enquire about re-homing the poor thing they just go ahead and take its life without a thaught about the suffering and the pain that the animal will endure for no reason! rrrrrrrrrr im all pissed off now! :dazed: Actually, killing a injured horse isn't wrong: You see, a horse is meant to race, to run. When he gets injured seriously, sure he can heal. But he can't run. Look at the horse's point of view. It would suffer just by not being able to do what it wants to do. Run. If you were blind, mute, deaf, and unable to move, would you want to stay alive. I probably wouldn't. Just think about what would happen.

Kan
01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think animals should be eaten unless they die from natural causes.

What do you define as natural? The world is filled with predators that hunt and farm their prey; some even kill for the sake of killing. How is it that when an animal inflicts harm upon another animal it's "natural", but when a "human" does it it's wrong? Now, I'm not talking about killing animals for skins/bones, but for actual sustenence. What makes you so high and mighty? You're just as much of an animal as any other.

Why kill an animal just for it's meat which isn't really needed to survive life.Everything deserves to live (unless some kind of cow goes on a killing spree or something and cannot be contained).

By everything, do you really mean everything? Or do you just mean the cute little cuddly balls of fluff that make you happy on the inside? I think you're forgetting the other half of "life": plants. Plant life is just that: life. It deserves just as much of a chance at life as an animal. All you're doing is substituting one form of life for the other, a.k.a. favoring one type of life over the other. Doesn't that defeat the point you are trying to make?

As for the we-don't-need-meat-to-survive comment, you're right. We could survive on rice and water if we wanted to, albeit not for long. We do need at least a little animal matter to be healthy, however. Humans are omnivores by nature. We should eat meat. Our bodies are designed to process it. Now, the thing that I have a problem with is the amount of animal products America consumes. If you honestly went through your daily diet and took count of all the ingredients to the foods that you eat, you'd find little plant matters outside of corn syrup, sugar, and oil. We eat copius amounts of beef, pork, and chicken, with all the butter and processed animal fat to back it up. Not only is this adversely affecting our health, but it's worsening an already horrible meat industry.

Matthew
01-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Let's see.... I am so against the cruelity of animals, but I am gonna eat meat no matter what... That is what is in human nature... I laugh at those who don't eat meat, because in my mind, that is unhealthy... You need meat, not large quantities, to live a healthy life... look at the food pyramid. I am not gonna risk my health because a cow or chicken or pig is slaughtered. I feel that it is wrong, but that is what they were born for. Now if someone were to slaughter like a bear, or a tiger or some exotic animal, yes that is wrong because they are endangered.... gah.... I am rambling on and on and on.... lemme sum it up for all you:

Meat=good
murdering animals for the intended purpose of killing, abusing, etc them=bad

I sounded like I don' care about animals... huh? Beleive me... I am one of the biggest animal lovers you will know... that is all for now.

Matt & Vulpix
01-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Let's see.... I am so against the cruelity of animals, but I am gonna eat meat no matter what... That is what is in human nature... I laugh at those who don't eat meat, because in my mind, that is unhealthy... You need meat, not large quantities, to live a healthy life... look at the food pyramid. I am not gonna risk my health because a cow or chicken or pig is slaughtered. I feel that it is wrong, but that is what they were born for. Now if someone were to slaughter like a bear, or a tiger or some exotic animal, yes that is wrong because they are endangered.... gah.... I am rambling on and on and on.... lemme sum it up for all you:

Meat=good
murdering animals for the intended purpose of killing, abusing, etc them=bad

I sounded like I don' care about animals... huh? Beleive me... I am one of the biggest animal lovers you will know... that is all for now.

You don't need meat to live. You can get every vitamin, every mineral and every protein (or fat or carbohydrate) from other means.
And they weren't born to be killed =/ They were born to live. Otherwise, what is the point of them living at all? Maybe in a few dozen years Chicken will be extinct. But will you stop eating it? Chances are slim to none.

Actually, killing a injured horse isn't wrong: You see, a horse is meant to race, to run. When he gets injured seriously, sure he can heal. But he can't run. Look at the horse's point of view. It would suffer just by not being able to do what it wants to do. Run. If you were blind, mute, deaf, and unable to move, would you want to stay alive. I probably wouldn't. Just think about what would happen.

Maybe if conditions were that bad, you would want death. But would you want a painful death, such as being shot in the leg? Would you want to be whipped until your limbs couldn't feel it anymore? Would you like to be shot with a gun? I sure wouldn't and I don't think a horse is much different.

Tamer Marco
01-18-2005, 01:36 PM
You don't need meat to live. You can get every vitamin, every mineral and every protein (or fat or carbohydrate) from other means.
And they weren't born to be killed =/ They were born to live. Otherwise, what is the point of them living at all? Maybe in a few dozen years Chicken will be extinct. But will you stop eating it? Chances are slim to none.

Maybe if conditions were that bad, you would want death. But would you want a painful death, such as being shot in the leg? Would you want to be whipped until your limbs couldn't feel it anymore? Would you like to be shot with a gun? I sure wouldn't and I don't think a horse is much different. No. I wouldn't. Whipping a horse is wrong (or anything for that matter is wrong) but I mean a painless death. Lots of people who own horses kill their injured horses in a painless, sorta peaceful way. But we always hear about the evil in the world more than good.

Example: With the troops in Iraq dropping like flies, AOL, newsplaces, and everybody else make it a priority to tell that. 7 people got killed in a car crash, blah blah blah. Why do we never hear the positive things that they do? Because the media always tells the bad news, and you hear evil and terrible things everyday. I hope a tiny bit of this is getting to you all, because my fingers hurt from typing.

Matt & Vulpix
01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
No. I wouldn't. Whipping a horse is wrong (or anything for that matter is wrong) but I mean a painless death. Lots of people who own horses kill their injured horses in a painless, sorta peaceful way. But we always hear about the evil in the world more than good.

Example: With the troops in Iraq dropping like flies, AOL, newsplaces, and everybody else make it a priority to tell that. 7 people got killed in a car crash, blah blah blah. Why do we never hear the positive things that they do? Because the media always tells the bad news, and you hear evil and terrible things everyday. I hope a tiny bit of this is getting to you all, because my fingers hurt from typing.

I know that. You'll never hear about a boyscout helping a lady across the street.

But you were saying that, replying to someone who shot a horse. >> I don't know, that just seemed like you'd want to get shot if you were blind, deaf and mute. >>

Tamer Marco
01-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I know that. You'll never hear about a boyscout helping a lady across the street.

But you were saying that, replying to someone who shot a horse. >> I don't know, that just seemed like you'd want to get shot if you were blind, deaf and mute. >> If I was blind, deaf, and mute, yes i'd want to get shot. Or get lazer eye sugery or a hearing aid. <_< Wait, we're going of topic.

Matt & Vulpix
01-18-2005, 08:13 PM
If I was blind, deaf, and mute, yes i'd want to get shot. Or get lazer eye sugery or a hearing aid. <_< Wait, we're going of topic.

Yes, you'd want to get shot? Hm. >> Kind of brutal, but I disgress.

Yes, we're kind of off-topic aren't we?

ANIMAL CRUELTY IS BAD! There!

Kan
01-18-2005, 11:29 PM
ANIMAL CRUELTY IS BAD! There!

...but animal consumption is not. There.

Matt & Vulpix
01-19-2005, 01:44 AM
...but animal consumption is not. There.

Well said. I couldn't have said it better myself ^^

Oh, and that saying is true... but if you kill a duck just to eat it, then you're:
a) Deranged for wanting to eat a duck o_O
b) Evil for killing a duck.

:) It HAD to be said.

But yeah,
Animal cruelty is wrong but animal consumption is not.

Kan
01-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Heh, you apparently don't live in Minnesota or Iowa. Some people live on duck, goose, and venison. In fact, we never eat beef at my mom's, and we never ate anything BUT wild game at my dad's, including wild rice. Yumm! :hungry:

Keeper_of_Light
01-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I respect animal as much as i do any other people. I think all animal should be treated with respect. I do not disagree with eating them though, as its narural for us to eat meat we have always done it and if we hadnt we wouldnt be the species we are today (not saying thats entirly a bad thing, lol). So I think as long as they are kept right then its ok.
I do environmental science at school, and we learn all about this kinda stuff. We are doing about fishing at the moment. Its all very interesting. We have written many letters to people complaining about different things and as usual not much has been done but we are working on bigger things. Dont help that there is only 6 people in the class though.

Sixto
01-20-2005, 04:29 PM
I can't even begin to talk about Animal Cruelty. I can sum it up in one word though: WRONG!

LuigiWithCheese
01-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Animal cruelty doesn't bother me for some reason...I must be a freak :dazed:

Keeper_of_Light
01-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Animal cruelty doesn't bother me for some reason...I must be a freak :dazed:
This could be for various reasons:
A) You havent seen the scale of the problem
B) You are not attached to animals as much as some other people
C) or you are a heartless @*#~@, only joking there though.

Well I feel strongly on this issue, if anyone would like so more infomation etc... Just PM me and I will see what i can do for you.

LuigiWithCheese
01-22-2005, 12:58 PM
This could be for various reasons:
A) You havent seen the scale of the problem
B) You are not attached to animals as much as some other people
C) or you are a heartless @*#~@, only joking there though.

Well I feel strongly on this issue, if anyone would like so more infomation etc... Just PM me and I will see what i can do for you.

:razz: It's probably that one, lol.

MystiKal
01-26-2005, 06:06 PM
I really dont care what humans do to animals as long as there not endangerored.

Keeper_of_Light
01-26-2005, 08:30 PM
You may do if you saw some of the things that happen. You never know.

Steven
02-15-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't think animals should be eaten unless they die from natural causes.Why kill an animal just for it's meat which isn't really needed to survive life.Everything deserves to live (unless some kind of cow goes on a killing spree or something and cannot be contained).
No body wants to eat old meat from something that died because it got sick from a low immunity. That's just gross. More mad cow disease for you then, cause they died of a natural cause, that's for sure.

Loyal Arcanine
02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Animal consumption is not bad, animals themselves also kill other animals to stay alive. But animal consumption and good treatment of animals can go together. If people are breeding animals, chickens or something, just for people's food, that's fine by me. But unfortunately, I have the feeling many animals are treated badly for no reason.

horsegirl11
07-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I agree with yall ,and down here in Texas what really gets me is the horse slaugter; some people just don't know how to take care of horses and the ponies pay the price ; on the news they actually showed a horse getting killed to make us aware of this , I guess some people just need to see how mean we can get before any action is taken..........
I know.It just makes me mad!Horses don't do anything harmful to you (except when they're mad :oops:)They are loyal!Horses are the best animal in the whole world!

Dragon Lover
07-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Actually killing a few animals is acceptable...why? because lets say for example....Chickens...according to my knowledge chickens are obviously domestic and humans breed them... they lay about 9 egs then are killed for meat... one down, 9 more... all domestic animals are ok to kill... we humans ourselves breed and nurture them... also not all zoos are bad... let say a wildlife zoo in Australia has any RARE and ENDANGERED species... they give them enough sace but not as much in the wild... but they are also protected from PREDATORS which would normally have killed them... Its the cycle of life... though POACHING is a different matter... thats KILLING FOR MONEY while KILLING ANIMALS FOR FOOD is ok... we kill just like lions do for food...

Also notice I have capitalised the keywords...

~DL~

Pika57
07-24-2005, 03:38 AM
I find killing animals not only acceptable, but in our worlds current state it would be at this point utterly impossible. We would be able to eat vetables but the main problem is would be unemployment and most domesticated animal populations would decline. Humans kill creatures for needs of survival. I do not approve of Hunters going out to kill creatures mearly as trophies. However if the animal is used in a way that positively benefits mankind then i cannot help but agree with it. also most animals slaughtered in present times are done so in a way that the animals feel no pain and are actually quite calm when death is brought. These are my opinions.

The Elite Ygseto
07-26-2005, 03:27 AM
If ya'll didn't knowtice already, this theread was made in january.

I would never intencoally hurt an animal. The only way is it was for meat. Abusing is horribal, but not nearly as bad as neglect. Neglect can acctually put the animal into a deep depression, causeing it to die of lonelyness.

sPiKe
07-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Oh what's with all this prissy protect the animals, crap!? Do you know how many animals, besides humans, murder eachother every day? It all comes down to survival, people. If an animal is in your way, you kill it. That's how the world works! Don't be sorry about it, you're smarter and you have better weapons so you dominate. Get over it.

Chiki
07-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Oh what's with all this prissy protect the animals, crap!? Do you know how many animals, besides humans, murder eachother every day? It all comes down to survival, people. If an animal is in your way, you kill it. That's how the world works! Don't be sorry about it, you're smarter and you have better weapons so you dominate. Get over it.
I totally disagree with everything you said. Animals are more innocent and have been here longer than we have. In the short amount of time that we've been here since the Earth's existence, we've managed to practically destroy the Earth. Animals have kept the natural cycle of life going, but humans disrupt this in every aspect, whether it be hunting, killing, fishing, any form of animal mistreatment. There may be many humans and we may have the technology to do a lot of things, but animals haven't destroyed the Earth. Animals don't litter, animals don't replace forests and wildlife with buildings. These are some of the many examples of how animals are, along with plants, what made the Earth's natural cycle. Humans, they've slowed it down, and are only making it worse every day.

Omis
07-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Wow, Chiki...

*e-mails to people around the world*

That is a great quote.

Samus Aran
07-27-2005, 04:03 AM
I totally disagree with everything you said. Animals are more innocent and have been here longer than we have. In the short amount of time that we've been here since the Earth's existence, we've managed to practically destroy the Earth. Animals have kept the natural cycle of life going, but humans disrupt this in every aspect, whether it be hunting, killing, fishing, any form of animal mistreatment. There may be many humans and we may have the technology to do a lot of things, but animals haven't destroyed the Earth. Animals don't litter, animals don't replace forests and wildlife with buildings. These are some of the many examples of how animals are, along with plants, what made the Earth's natural cycle. Humans, they've slowed it down, and are only making it worse every day.

I can agree totally with you, Chikorita. The entire human race is completely screwing up the natural cycle of nature. If we don't stop what we are doing, the whole world will be ruined forever. We only have one planet Earth.

pkmon-123
08-13-2005, 10:34 AM
nature is the only thing keeping us alive!

pkmon-123
08-13-2005, 10:35 AM
o ye sorry an the will pwer to live anytin else?

Frost Wolf
08-13-2005, 01:08 PM
killing/abusing animals is WRONG,i watch animal planet every day and i see what happens its horrible....there was this guy who had 4,450 (estimate) cats, he abandonned them all,the animal cops caught pretty much all of em but they all had to be put to sleep cause they were feral.......how sad is that?ANIMAL ABUSE IS WRONG

i have pets and i would never hurt them.

Dakota
10-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I think animals were created to serve humans...I don't believe in blatent animal abuse though, cause that just breeds people abuse.

So chyeah...cows taste good

MetroidFreakGirl
10-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I think animals are all to often treated badly.
It's sick.
BTW, this is my first post here!:biggrin: