PDA

View Full Version : Advestisment Installation?

BeserkerFury
06-18-2007, 03:27 AM
Earlier I was on a web site,my computer was just fine,then I went to newgrounds to play a game,and I came to pe2k,suddenly,out of my will,with out say-so/warning,my computer installed a ad-program.How did this happen?

DrCoolSanta
06-21-2007, 07:22 AM
This is possible, probably the site you visited had malicious stuff like adwar and spyware. You should be able to remove it by various adware removers.
Your post isn't clear, it dosen't state how come you know it got installed, or what actually happened.

BeserkerFury
06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I already deleted it,and how it happened,I just started getting pop up,and I clicked the start meanu and there was some kind of adware.

DrCoolSanta
06-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Adware in start menu? Funny...
Anyways, as I said this is possible if you go to a malicious website, and if you let your browsers open Pop-Ups.
IE7 prevents Pop Ups and Google Toolbar also does that, not to forget some Anti-Virus software also do it.
Just in case, it wasn't the Pop Up that installed it, it's probably a website that you opened, like those "You won this and that" websites or you opened a website with illegal, bad, or adult content. It could be anysite which isn't a quality site, I suggest have atleast Google Toolbar, IE7 and an Anti-Virus software with Adware and Spyware remover.