PDA

View Full Version : (SU)The Shadow Gene- Resistance Sign-Ups Open

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 03:31 AM
http://urlcut.com/TSG
Banner by the talented Kaze. ^^

I am reviving this, so to speak. I first started it several months ago. It eventually died, but I have hopes that it will last longer this time. ^^

The Story

The Shadow Gene is a kind of virus, much like Pokerus, which is transmitted from Pokemon to Pokemon through direct contact. Those infected are, in essence, assimilated into the single conciousness that is the Shadow Gene. Created in a lab, its original use was to be a kind of mind control virus for crooked organizations like Team Rocket. However, it was a flop- it seemed to do nothing but make infected Pokemon take on a dark color. It did not appear work, but no one thought that they might create something that had a mind of its own. The Shadow Gene escaped, and began infecting the world. It was only a matter of time before the Legends were overcome as well.

Of the legends, only a group were not infected; most commited suicide rather than submit to the evil gene, and Mewtwo and Darkrai, who appears to be immune. They were the world's only hope, but even they disappeared...

That was fifteen years ago. Now, the Legends and the other Pokemon with the Shadow Gene rule the regions with an iron fist. Pokemon training has been outlawed, for the only way to get rid of the Shadow Gene is for the infected Pokemon to faint in battle. Hope still remains in the hearts of the humans, though, for Dark and Ghost types are immune to the Shadow Gene, many willing to help humans in defeating it, and Mewtwo and Darkrai have returned...

We, as roleplayers, will be humans who are the incarnation of the Legends who commited suicide. There are rules, however, against what legends can be taken. Only the Legendary Dogs, Birds, Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, the Pixies, and Heatran, Giratina, and Cressaria are open. The Lati's are controling Kanto(because there are so few Legends there), Lugia has Johto, Deoxys Hoenn, and Arceus Sinnoh. All Legends other than them that are not chosen to be among us renegades will remain in their home region and are the lackeys of the ruler(s) of their region. Okay?

The Rules

1. Absolutely NO Pokemon Trainers. They are outlawed, under penalty of death, and if I let one person try to do it, you'll all want to.

2. You may be friends with up to two Pokemon, only they must be Dark or Ghost Type. Again, you can't catch them, they are your friends.

3. Make your character intresting, and have their personality similar to that of their Legend. No 'she was the prettiest girl in the world and everyone loved her', or 'he is calm and collected and loves the ocean' for the incarnate of Groudon.

4. If you're going to post, make them decent. 4+ sentences are great.

5. Be nice to your fellow roleplayers. Don't critisize them meanly. If you are having trouble with someone, PM me and I'll talk to them.

6. One character per person, please, to start out with. More will become available as the roleplay continues.

7. Yes, you may talk to all Pokemon, infected or not.

8. DO NOT kill other characters without their creator's permission! I cannot stress this enough!

---

That's all for now, other than the sign-up sheet. I may end up adding more stuff that I forgot, but I'll tell you if I do. Sign-ups will be open until all the spots are filled, of which there are eight. I'm taking Zapdos, and will post my sign-up a bit later. (I won't count, and neither does Mewtwo/Darkrai.)

If you joined before and would like your legend again, that is fine. Just come and claim it.

Sign-Up Sheet

Name: First and last, middle as well if you want to.

Age: From 14-17 is requested due to the fact that it has been around 15 years since the Shadow Gene took over.

Chosen Legend: The Legend you want to play as, or have reserved.

Physical Appearance: What does your character look like? What kind of clothes do they wear? You know what I expect. 4 sentence minimum. Sprites and images welcome, but you still need the four sentences.

Personality: How does your character react to new people, to certain situations, or in general? 6 sentence minimum.

History: Where was your character born? How was their life growing up? Have they already discovered their powers? If so, what happened? 2 paragraphs, each four sentences, minimum.

Pokemon: This is where you describe your Pokemon friends. Do they have nicknames? How do they act? How did they and your character meet? Be descriptive. Sprites are welcome. 2 sentences each minimum.

Roleplay Sample: This could very well decide whether or not you get to join. Leave links to posts you've already written, or do a fresh one here, either is fine. No minimum, but you guys had better try to impress me.

No more Legend spots are available.

Taken Legends

Articuno- Yue Kyuei (Xlugon Pyro)
Zapdos-
Moltres-
Entei- Zira Milam (IceMistress)
Suicune- Mira Blades (Bekah_the_Pikachu)
Raikou- Toran Rakurai (Poring)
Kyogre-
Groudon-
Rayquaza- Lei Orran (Tyranitar Trainer)
Uxie-
Mespirit- Ikan Ralis (Canis Lupus)
Azelf- Reserved for Snowball Sunday
Heatran- Erik Kurokawa (Draconic_Espeon)
Giratina-
Cresselia-
Spot reserved for Free2rhyme
(Max of 8 will be taken)

Darkrai- Played by LordZangoose
Mewtwo- Played by Eeveeking929

Please Note: I may wait a little while to start this, only because I'm in several RP's at the moment. It won't be more than a few weeks before we do start, though. So, take your time with sign-ups, and make them count!

---

Resistance

In addition to the reincarnated Legends, there's another part in the RP you can play as- a part of the Resistance. The sign-ups are different, and there are premade characters, or you can join as someone completely new! If you already have a reincarnated Legendary character, you may still play as someone on the Resistance as well. You can take your time with these sign-ups, though, for the Resistance will not come in until later in the roleplay.

The Humans

All the humans in the Resistance work under Lance and Steven, both played by me. There are other people you can play as, or you can make up your own character. Your own character will need a sign-up, but premade characters need only a Roleplay sample. I will accept a total of four humans. Also, if you have a gym leader you'd like to play as, but they are not on the list, feel free to ask about them. Only Watson, Lt. Surge, and Blaine can, for sure, not be played. However, Elite Four members may not join.

-Playable Characters

Morty
Claire
Flannery

-Sign-up
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Pokemon: (Total of three, any type, describe them. Note that non-dark or ghost types may contract the Shadow Gene.)
Other:

-Accepted

Joseph Allen (ColdBoy)

The Pokemon

All Pokemon work under Mewtwo, played by Eeveeking, and Rai, played by me. You can be a premade or one of your own. No fakemon, though.

-Playable Characters
Dark Flare: Dark Flare is a Houndoom that leads the dark types of the Resistance, most of which are the dark dogs.
Illusia: Illusia is a Misdreavus that leads the ghosts of the Resistance. (Reserved for Lonewolf)
Ryuu: Ryuu is a Salamence that was enslaved by Lugia as a lackey until he was freed by Lance. While he generally fight's on his own, many consider him part of Lance's team.

-Sign-up

Species: (Again, if you are not dark or ghost type, you could contract the Shadow Gene...)
Name: (Refered to as.)
Team: (Dark Flare's if dark, Illusia's if ghost, Rai's if other.)
Appearance: (Sprites allowed, but written description is needed, even if you're a plain old Pikachu.)
Personality:
History:
Other:

-Accepted

That should be all for now. Feel free to sign-up as more than one character if you can handle it.

DeidarasClay
06-21-2007, 03:36 AM
I SOOOOOO call Giratina as I work on my profile!!

MINE!! xDD

EDIT: Here's ya go:

Name: Ven Skotamaki

Physical Appearance: Ven has naturally black hair with one red strip and one white strip of hair on his right. He wears a normal Grey T-shirt with a pocket on it. Over that he has a black sweater that, around where his heart is, has a white strip, red, then white again. He normally wears it sleeve up, unless it's cold. When he does, he reveals those awesome finger-less gloves that are awesome (Did I say they're awesome?). He dons dark blue shorts, even though he lived in Snowpoint for a while. For shoes, he wears black sneakers lined with with white thread to keep it together.

Personality: Ven is quite different from other people. He always looks at things in other ways. When in deep thought, he'll just plop down and start thinking. Even though his nature would seem otherwise, he can get quite reckless, which leads him into tight situations. He is very caring for all things of living, be it nature, or Pokemon. If he ever needs to, Ven would willingly throw himself into any situation to protect others from danger. When meeting new people, he is naturally suspicious, but it son wears off the more he knows the person, or Pokemon. He is very. . .How can I say it. . .weary of things people says, if some one says the wrong thing to Ven, it's game over for them.

History: Ven was born and grew up in Veilstone. When Ven was born, the Dark Gene was slowly spreading around him, ever tormenting him, taking over the Pokemon he so slightly knew as he was a baby. The town Ven lived in was ever so cautious not to disturb any Legendaries that might harm his home town. Starting since he was about four, Ven has had an unnatural connection with Ghost Pokemon. Random Ghastlys and Duskulls and other small Ghost Pokemon would come into his walls and talk to him. When he tried to explain this strange relationship with the Pokemon, no one believed him. Sometimes, Ven would have dream of a strange figure that looked slightly like a ghostly dragon showered in mist. Oh, and another thing, too. Slowly but surely, people around him started to die. being it random accidents, or deathly illnesses that seemed to come from no where.

From around then, and going strong now, Ven will have flashbacks of places he's never been to. He'll zone out and see a cave, and be high on a mountain top. Ven thought he used to hear things in his memories, but that stopped a few years ago. Sometimes, when his parent's weren't home at night, he would go out side and just around, staring out at the moon. No one bothered to go get him. Soon after the flash backs started, the people Ven despised would mysteriously become ill. He was soon frowned upon, people claiming he was the one who cursed people with death and illnesses.

A while later, Ven still gets these creeps, along with flash backs and urges to go outside at night when the moon us full. Sometimes, he'll wake up, see his room full of Ghost Pokemon, and then blink, causing the Pokemon to disappear. Ven will sometimes just sit up late at night, go out side, just stay up in the dark. Sometimes his parents would find him asleep on the front porch. Other than those facts, Ven led a normal life. As normal as life could be now, actually. Random sightings of infected Pokemon have been seen throughout where he lived, and spread out. And still, Ven sees his Ghost Pokemon. And, wackiest of all, sometimes he thinks he has dark wings.

Pokemon:

1) Dusk the Absol: Dusk is a very quiet Pokemon. He is old, and would like to spend his time resting and day dreaming. As great and mighty as he seems, he would never let down his great friend Ven, and is very loyal to him.

2) Ominous the Drifblim: Ominous is a very different Pokemon. He is one of those young ones, whose a leader, not a follower. While Dusk clearly over powers him, Ominous would never back down from a challenge.

Roleplay Sample: Is this okay? If not, it's okay, I'll just edit it.

"Giratina grew frantic. It paced around a giant spear pillar, most likely carved out of a giant stone, with a legend etched on it. It fluttered it's wing's in dismay. It had not seen, nor heard of anyone, or anything being able to even reach the lake that it's cave settled near by. After all, it lived in a secluded cave, protected by a lake and a very frustratingly hard maze, full of very strong Pokemon that made some of the elite of trainers challenge themselves. But, when it had sensed disturbances near it's surroundings, it knew it not be safe for long. More light than ever was shining in the damp, dark rooms of TurnBack Cave, and some Pokemon seemed agitated. Not much happened, for now. The ancient, distraught beast had to choose it's most important, and maybe final judgment of it's life: To see who had come near it's dwelling, or to retreat to the far ends of the cave, hoping that who was ever out there would either give up or never try. Giratina quietly sprang up into the air, forming a swirling cloud of dust, as it used the small amounts of light to maneuver it's body through the air safely, weaving between rocks and such.

Not too long after Giratina had started to move deep into the cave, a loud rumble was heard. Soon, a very large machine with drills all over burst into the cave, and then dozens of people came out with loads of equipment. Soon after this mysterious group intruded into Giratina's cave, a large, bluish light could be seen, almost like a giant spark, and then, a very loud, ear-piercing, otherworldly screech that could frighten even the greatest of Legendaries could be heard for thousands of feet around the area, reaching the poor residents living in the nearby hotel that wasn't too far off. After words, a loud crash had been heard, and at the exact moment after that, everyone, every single person's mind was filled with the same image at the same time: A old, maybe even ancient cemetery, old and worn. The scene was covered in a deep mist, making the faintest outlines of things. And, right in the middle of everything, was a large figure, large with massive wings, and six legs. It let out a small roar, which might have even sound like something, and slowly disappeared by a swallowing darkness, covering it from the bottom up until it was gone.

At first, everything seemed calm. But, when a calm comes, so does a storm. Soon, terrible winds soon blew across Sinnoh, which seemed to come from every direction. People would seem very hot, then insanely chilly. As much as the residents of Sinnoh didn't want to accept it, reality was slowly falling apart. Reports came from all over the world, speaking of terrible storms of wind, terrible rages of water. Pokemon were slowly dying off from the extreme weather changes. Pokemon lucky enough to be in a safe area, be it a PokeBall or secluded area were safe, but others were not. Some Pokemon, like Ice Pokemon, couldn't handle the weather's insane mood swings, and slowly died off. The same was for unfortunate Grass Pokemon who weren't used to the very cold weather. Frail Pokemon like Budew's and Cherubi'1s population dropped great amounts.

But, worst was yet to come: First, the moon shone dimmer than normal, and so did the stars, then, and a lot more scarier, things started fazing, be it, albeit fuzzy, carbon copies of things appearing next to them, or just fading in and out. Soon enough, most of Sinnoh, and probably the whole entire world, watched in horror as the moon slowly turned a light red, covering the earth in a terrifying red color."

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 03:40 AM
Ack, forgot this. What the legends do.

Zapdos(Erik): He is a bringer of storms, and controls natural lightning. He can do nothing with generated electricity.

Suicune: She is a mixture of ice and water. She can walk on any body of water, and can control fresh water, but not sea water. She can also create icicles and sheet ice on a lake.

Moltres: Anything fiery, he can control, but he's not so good with lava or volcanoes. He cannot create fire, though, and does best working together with Entei.

Entei: She creates fire, but is not great at controlling it. Eventually, she'll be able to speak to fire as well. She can control lava and ignite earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, but not with the skill and procision of Groudon.

Raikou: He's best with generated electricity, and can manipulate any kind of electricity better than Zapdos.

Rayquaza: He is the master of the air. Tornadoes and other wind-based phenomena are his forte. He can knock anything he wants out of the sky, with enough practice.

Articuno: Articuno works with blizzards and snow, rather than ice, like Suicune.

Kyogre: He is the embodiment of the ocean, and can create hurricanes, whirlpools, and tidal waves, but has difficulty gaining control.

Groudon: He controls the land, and everything under it. He, like Kyogre, has difficulty with control, however.

Cresselia: She draws energy from the moon, using it not only to heal her friends, but to launch powerful beams at foes.

Giratina: He brings despair and death with him. While those he likes or are indifferent towards do not feel the effects of his dark aura, those he hates may become weak or ill.

Heatran: Heatran has control over stones and rocks. He can comminucate with them, and use them as projectiles. When he grows more intune with his powers, the projectiles will grow hot.

Uxie: They are extremely intelligent, more than can be expected of a human. They seem to gather knowledge from around them, and have a great understanding of the Universe and life itself.

Mespirit: It can control the emotions of those around them, and has a tendancy to make those near them feel the same thing they feel, whether it be happiness or sadness, or even anger.

Azelf: Azelf is optimistic, and believes that they can accomplish anything. They ae truly a positive influence on those around them, making others more confidant and outgoing like they are.

No Regi's, I've decided. I don't feel like figuring out what they can do. -.-

IceMistress
06-21-2007, 04:03 AM
Oooohhh~. May I reserve the spot for Entei as I work on my profile?

Lord Fedora
06-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Mewtwo and possibly Darkrai will be taken by Lord Zangoose

Not fair if LZ gets both. Can I please be Darkrai, please, pretty please with sugar, sprinkles, gummy bears, foot cream, and a thousand and one Marashino cherries?

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 04:23 AM
@ DC: Very nice, accepted. Keep Giratina's power in mind, too. I posted it with the other powers.

@ IceMistress: For the moment, yes, unless the person who had it before comes back and really wants it. If they don't claim it by the time you finish your sign-up and I accept it, you can keep Entei.

@ Nate: Maybe. Take it up with LZ. I have a feeling he'll really want Darkrai, though, considering he's the evil one of the two.

Lord Fedora
06-21-2007, 04:32 AM
@ DC: Very nice, accepted. Keep Giratina's power in mind, too. I posted it with the other powers.

@ IceMistress: For the moment, yes, unless the person who had it before comes back and really wants it. If they don't claim it by the time you finish your sign-up and I accept it, you can keep Entei.

@ Nate: Maybe. Take it up with LZ. I have a feeling he'll really want Darkrai, though, considering he's the evil one of the two.
I merely said Mewtwo because you said he was almost definitely going tio have Mewtwo and only possibly Darkrai, but seriously, I don't think it's fair that you give him both, especially since because you two are such good friends it would be considered favoritism.

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 04:35 AM
I merely said Mewtwo because you said he was almost definitely going tio have Mewtwo and only possibly Darkrai, but seriously, I don't think it's fair that you give him both, especially since because you two are such good friends it would be considered favoritism.

Well, maybe it is. =P When I typed that I wasn't sure about Darkrai's role yet, but now that I've decided, that's who he'll probably pick. Whichever he doesn't, though, you can have. How about that?

Lord Fedora
06-21-2007, 04:38 AM
Well, maybe it is. =P When I typed that I wasn't sure about Darkrai's role yet, but now that I've decided, that's who he'll probably pick. Whichever he doesn't, though, you can have. How about that?
YAY! Hooray for Mewtwo, he's who I wanted in the first place.

Blue-
06-21-2007, 04:43 AM
*Totally glomps Azelf* This one shall be mine. And yes, I'm almost done with my war sign-up, so I can indulge in some more RP pleasure. XP ... Maybe...

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 04:50 AM
@ Nate: Well, that's good. If not, you'll still get Mewtwo, but I think LZ'll want Darkrai.

@ Snowball: Glad to see you! You're welcome to Azelf, but don't forget War.

I've decided to take Heatran rather than Zapdos. Hope no one had their heart set on it. :oops:

Psychic Oats
06-21-2007, 04:55 AM
*Tries to decide between Uxie and Groudon* Arggh...I can't choose. I'll probably have my sign-up by tomorrow.

EDIT: Actually, I'll probably go with Uxie. He's more unique than Groudon, because Entei sort of has the same abilities. Plus, I like having smart characters =D

CM
06-21-2007, 05:07 AM
can you reserve me a spot? this rp really caught my eye. I'll try to have my sign-up by tomorrow

IceMistress
06-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Okay, I'm ticked off. :dazed: After about 2 hours of typing, and after I was ONE WORD of being done, the page exited out. I was mad, but still fine because I had saved most of it. When I got back on here and tried to paste, IT WOULDN'T LET ME! I got so mad, I had to go in my room and punch the pillow. Grr. Let's try this again.

--------

Name: Zira Milam

Physical Appearance: Zira is a tall and thin (though muscular) girl, about the height of five foot seven. Her complexion is a dark tan, and this is because she spends most of everyday outside in the sun. Milam's hair was a firetruck red, the style spiky and loose, never pulled back. Her eyes were a dark emerald green, dotted and outlined with a tangerine orange. What she wore was a bright orange sweater vest with a thick, dark red line down the middle over a black, long-sleeved collared shirt. Zira's bottoms were a pair of flaired blue jeans that were slightly ripped at the bottom. Finally, her shoes were light grey sneakers that were a size too big for Milam's feet.

Personality: Zira loves to stand out of the crowd and be different. This girl has a very talkative and fiery attitude, often getting into some trouble. Milam is a very nosy and outgoing teenager, speaking her mind to everyone she meets (to the great annoyance of her parents, who can't make her shut up during dinner). The downside to her personality, however, is her short-temper. If someone tried to step on her, Zira would rather beat the crap out of the person rather than ignore it. This teen is also a bit of a pyro-maniac, carrying around a lighter or a set of matches in her pockets at all times.

History: Zira was born and raised in Lavaridge, but as soon as she was old enough, she set off on a ship for the Johto region. There she met a couple of new friends, and also got into sports, such as volleyball and softball. Milam also got into hip-hop dancing, feeling more alive when she danced. Some people, however were wary of this teen. They called her a crazy and dangerous youth that was a bad influence for children of a younger age.

In order to escape city life for a day, Zira decided to camp out in the forest near Goldenrod. As soon as she pitched her tent, the girl decided she would fool around with her matches. She had difficulty, however, with lighting the first match, striking it against the side of the matchbox at least one hundred times before glaring at it angrily. After a few seconds, the small stick had caught aflame before Zira's very eyes. Milam gasped, dropping the blazing match and stomping it into the ground. Zira didn't know how it happened, but she was reminded everyday by it with the scar on her right hand.

Pokemon: Heat the Houndom; Heat is a rather mean fellow, especially to those who are shy. He thinks that those who are timid and quiet are also weak and pathetic, teasing these creatures about this. This Houndoom met Zira as soon as she got off her ship at Johto while chasing after a Sentret. Heat found Zira an interesting human and decided to tag along with her, though most of the time he runs off to do things of his own.

Chosen Legendary: Entei

Roleplay Sample:

A tired Houndoom lay in it's nest that was surrounded by three large oak trees in the middle of a dark wood, stretching it's soar limbs as it woke from it's deep slumber. It released a long, loud yawn as it slowly stood up. However, to the Houndoom's dislike, it's legs wobbled and the dark Pokemon tumbled back down to the prickly, burnt grass of the nest. Growling, the devilish dog stretched his legs once more, quickly getting up from it's resting position. Though it's legs still shook, the Houndoom was able to remain standing.

Yawning once more as it left the nest, the Houndoom scanned it's enviroment. It was still early morning, the rising sun giving everything in the forest a golden tinge. The perfect time for hunting. Taking a deep breath through it's nostrils, the dark Pokemon released a happy sigh. It had caught the scent of it's prey, an unsuspecting Sentret.

Careful not to step on any twigs or dry leaves, the Houndoom trotted, following the smell. The smell led him to a bush covered in thorns, and as it silently look over the shrub, saw a chubby, raccoon-like Pokemon using it's tail to reach up high to get an apple off a low branch of a tree. A smug smirk on it's face, the Houndoom crouched down low for the perfect moment.

When it was ready, the Houndoom released a grim howl into the air and jumped clear over the thorn bush to the Sentret. Screeching in terror, the little Pokemon fled towards the edge of the forest. Not far behind was the devilish dog, realizing now that Sentrets were faster than they looked.

The prey Pokemon, in a desperate attempt to escape, ran out of the forest into the city in front of it. The Houndoom gave the Sentret no mercy, following in hot pursuit. The dark Pokemon was near the port now, where it could see the ocean, it's deepest fear. Though it still did not give up, continuing it's chase through a crowd of people who had just got off a ship from Hoenn. Many humans jumped out of the way when they saw the two racing Pokemon. Just as the Houndoom that it was home-free, it crashed into a human's leg.

The devilish dog had fallen backwards onto it's tail, which bent in a way it wasn't suppose to. Looking up to send a blast a flame to the person who had gotten in the way of it's bountiful breakfast, it saw a tall, dark, red-headed female. She was smiling at the Houndoom. No one had ever done that. "Wassup," the human said casually, giving the Houndoom the peace sign.

Before the Houndoom knew it, he was named Heat and was following the female around Johto. The human's name was Zira, a very strange name indeed, even for a human. But the dark Pokemon still tagged along with this strange creature, often running off for his own business. Not like this.. this FEMALE owned him, anyway.

--------

If you need for me to redo anything, just tell me. o_o

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
@ IceMistress: Looks good, accepted. ^^

@ Crystal: Okay, I'll save you a spot.

@ Psychic Oat: I'll reserve Uxie for you.

LordZangoose
06-21-2007, 02:00 PM

Or perhaps because I was the one that gave encouragement to start it again and offered to help if needed? You know, just a thought there.

But I'll be taking Darkrai. You can have M2 if you want.

Stinky
06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
If you don't mind, I'd like to reserve Mesprit. I'll have my sign-up ASAP.

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Everyone likes the pixies. XD I'll reserve you the spot.

Dog of Hellsing
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
DE, even if my char is a woman, can I still be Rayquaza? *Loves the big green Dragon.* If not, I'll take Cresselia ^^. Reserve me a spot as I work on the bio, please. This sounds like teh pwnsome RP lol. The last ones I've joined I've been inactive in, but that shall change with this one! *Dances.*

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
@ TT- Yes, you can have Rayquaza. I just gave them genders when I did the powers. I'm flattered that you joined, though. ^^

Now Sign-ups are closed unless you have a reserve or were PMed by me. For the Legendary incarnates, anyway. If you are interested as playing one of the members of the Resistance against the Shadow Gene, PM me.

Dog of Hellsing
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Sorry about the double post, but I wanted to say that Sign-Ups Are Closed unless you are already reserved or got a PM inviting you. They will open up again if anyone must drop out.

They will also open up again later on in the roleplay, because I'll need people willing to play characters as part of the Resistance combating the Shadow Gene. More info on that will be given out later. Just keep checking back or PM me if you still want to join.

^ I assume this means meh request was too late. ;_; Ah well lol, maybe next time.

EDIT: Gah, nevermind this post then XD. I shall get to work on my bio. *Leaps away with hero music.*

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I just realized I forgot to put up the banner last night. So, yeah, it's up now. And in my sig. ^^

IceMistress
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, I'm so glad I was accepted! =D I worked so hard on that profile.

Lord Fedora
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I just realized I forgot to put up the banner last night. So, yeah, it's up now. And in my sig. ^^
Oooh, cool, the banner. But you've got to edit it now, to show of a Sinnoh Pokemon and also include Darkrai next to Mewtwo, to make it more interesting.

Dog of Hellsing
06-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Here's my bio ^^:

Name: Lei Orran

Physical Appearance: Lei Picceh ^^ (http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p257/Ezmerelda_Le_Fae/Anime%20Women%20and%20girls/Jessica10.jpg)

Lei only wears her school-uniform when she’s trying to get by without having attention drawn to her. Somehow, it seems to work. Normally she wears a light-colored clothes, preferring her shirts to be sleeveless and jean shorts. Her shoes of choice are tan sandals. When she’s serious or angry, which happens rarely, she puts her hair up into a braid to keep it out of her eyes, which tend to freak people out when she stares at them without blinking (a favorite pastime, as she can go for almost two minutes without batting an eyelash).

Personality: Lei is friendly and out-going, and sometimes she can be so bouncy and cheerful she appears rather simple (or, to be blunt, stupid). However, she’s actually very intelligent: she just isn’t one to be serious all the time. She makes friends very easy, because she’s so care-free and, for the most part, easy to get along with. Just don’t get her mad, because man, can she be SCARY.

Lei places a lot of stock by loyalty and honor. Even though she makes friends quickly, there are very few who actually have her trust and devotion. She’ll never break a promise unless she has no other option, and in such cases will strive to redeem herself by offering favors to the one she had to break a promise to. If another breaks a promise to her, though, she usually waves it off, though if it was a big one she will expect some form of payment.

Because of her strong sense of honor, right and wrong, and her undying loyalty, Lei often gets into more trouble than she can handle. This is especially true when she feels the need to defend her friends; she’ll throw herself into Death’s arms to protect those she loves. However, her overprotective nature means she sometimes annoys her friends and loved ones by stepping up to deal with problems they’re able to deal with on their own.

History: Lei was born just as the Shadow Gene started to take its affect on the world, and therefore was brought up in turbulent times. As a result of the hardships she’s been subjugated to, she had to learn to grow up much faster than a child who was born before the and escape of the Gene. She also learned early on that the best way to make it through each day was to smile and laugh, and not let the despair get her down like it had her parents.

Her life, since she could not travel the world as a Pokemon Trainer because of the tainted Legends, was quite uneventful. She grew up exploring the woods of her little country home. Often she would run into a Pokemon infected with the Gene, but for some reason they never bothered her. Sometimes she was lucky enough to meet a Pokemon that was neither Ghost nor Dark that was still pure, though they always fled when they saw her. For the most part, though, all she ever saw were the tainted Pokemon.

When she was eleven, her house was destroyed in a battle between a group of infected Ursaring and some of the few Pokemon that were still free from the gene. Luckily, she and her parents managed to escape without being hurt, though now they had nowhere to live. For a while they wandered, then were invited into the home of and elderly couple, who told them to stay as long as they needed. It was here that Lei met a young Weavile, who they old couple, they explained, had found half-dead some months ago. They’d taken him in and cared for him, and he’d never left. The two became friends after a few days, and could be seen together no matter where they were.

When she was sixteen, she realized something about her was odd. Of course, she’d known it for a long time, but she’d never really paid it any mind. She had a dream in which she was a large green Pokemon, soaring through the air and calling upon tornadoes and whirlwinds to defeat her foes and protect her friends. When she woke, she was startled to find a tree outside the house had mysteriously snapped in half. She also felt an odd power course through her for a moment, then fade. She said nothing of the dream to her parents or the old couple, who were baffled as to how the tree had been felled. However, she did tell Weave (she’d given the Weavile this name, and he seemed to love it). He had promised not to tell anyone else: not that it mattered if he hadn’t, because Lei was the only one that could understand him.

Ever since then, Lei had been feeling a sense of needing to go out and set things right with the world. The corrupt Legends and their armies of infected Pokemon needed to be stopped. The gene needed to be erased from the Pokemon who was suffering because of it, and somehow, she knew she was capable of helping this happen. A week before turning seventeen, she asked Weave to go with her, explaining what she was planning on doing. The young Pokemon instantly agreed, and Lei left a note telling the adults were they’d gone. Then, in the dead of the night, they stole away to being their adventure…

Pokemon: Weave- Male Weavile: Weave is, to say the least, quite ecstatic. It may be because he’s still pretty young, or it may just be he his true personality. Either way, he loves to talk and mess around, he and Lei oftentimes get into so much mischief it’s a wonder they’re both still alive. He thinks that Lei’s decision to go out and try to rid the world of the Shadow Gene is the best idea anyone has ever had, since he deeply dislikes seeing how Pokemon under its influence act. He has a sense of loyalty almost equal to Lei’s, which, along with their exuberant natures, gets the two into a lot of trouble.

Chosen Reincarcation: Rayquaza

Roleplay Sample: I’ll go find my post from Reflections that I should warn is somewhat graphic. Nothing porn-related, just, well, disturbing XD.

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
@ Nate: Kaze made it, not me. I don't have the software or knowhow to make a better one, so we'll keep it as is.

@ TT: Really, a roleplay sample isn't need. You're accepted either way. ^^

Lord Fedora
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
@ Nate: Kaze made it, not me. I don't have the software or knowhow to make a better one, so we'll keep it as is.

@ TT: Really, a roleplay sample isn't need. You're accepted either way. ^^
I can make one. I know how to sprite. and really, all you need is a Paint program. Anyway, I'll get to work on one, you just let me know what pokemon you want in it.

Draconic_Espeon
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, if you want to, you can. I'd say just switch out Shadow Lugia for Darkrai. If you want to use more... Go ahead and throw in a Houndoom and a Salamence.

I also added Chosen Legendary to the Sign-up. Don't worry about it if you're already accepted, but if you're not, put it in your sign-up.

Lonsie
06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Since you did invite me, can I have Cresselia?

Note, I will be gone until Monday or Tuesday, so I may be a little late.

EDIT: I guess that actually wont work out, now that I look at it. I'd like to be one of the 'to be added later' peoples. :P

Stinky
06-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Everyone likes the pixies. XD I'll reserve you the spot.

It's because they're so awesome!

Well, anyway, I have my sign-up.

Name: Ikan Ralis

Description: Ikan is about the general height and weight for his age. He is about 5’6, and weighs about 130 pounds. He has pretty blue eyes, and wavy dark brown hair. His skin is dark, and although it looks like he has a deep tan, that is his natural skin color. His nose is pointy at the end, giving him a hawk-like appearance. He has a slightly muscular build. Ikan wears long jeans, and a mud-brown t-shirt with a black long-sleeve shirt underneath. He wears black sneakers, and has short white socks.

Personality: Ikan is a very nice person, although he does tend to argue with others. He is very quiet and reserved, and is shy around new people. He opens up around his friends, and is great to be around. Ikan believes in doing what if right, no matter what everyone else is doing. He does not believe in stealing, and he is very protective of his belongings. He is usually very happy, and enjoys making people happy. He is very clever, and easily finds a weakness in a new obstacle. He often overestimates things, and this causes him to do more than necessary. He often freaks out about the things he is scared of which includes storms. He is a very stubborn person, but he knows when a bad time to be stubborn is. He cares deeply for his family and friends, and doesn’t want them to be hurt. He will go to such lengths of protection of his family and friends, and will even hurt himself to save them. He is a very patient person, and is generally calm and relaxed.

History: Ikan was born in the bustling town of Jubilife City. The Shadow Gene was already starting to spread, but his childhood was nice. His parents both worked at Jubilife TV, and so he often got to see shows and movies being filmed. He went to a regular school, as the Pokemon Trainer School was shut down, and passed with B’s and low A’s. Ikan often went to Lake Verity, as even though it was dried up after Mesprit committed suicide, he felt drawn to it.

At age 10, a mother Skuntank wandered into town with her baby Stunkys. Needing to find a home for her babies so they wouldn’t be hurt, she left one with Ikan, because she sensed something special about him. Ikan loved the Stunky (who he named Suki) very much, and she became his lifelong pal. One day, as he was feeding her, he understood her talking. Pushing the fact that it was nearly impossible to do, he took advantage of it, and talked with the Stunky.

At age 12, an angry group of Luxray, the leaders being infected with the gene, attacked the town. No one was killed, but a few Pokemon in the town picked up the Gene, and joined the rampage. The town was a mess, and the TV station was almost completely destroyed, save for the actual building. An Angry Ikan tried to help out, but was turned down by angry adults who had previously been calm. Months later, when he was 13, he began to have dreams that he was having dreams about a cavern in the middle of a lake. Currently, Ikan is just beginning to discover his powers as Mesprit.

Pokemon: Suki the Stunky. (Oh, I’ll bet you didn’t think I'd bring my obsession with Stunky into the RPG did you?): Suki is a very happy Pokemon. Her bouncy and joyful attitude towards life makes her fun to be around. She laughs a lot, and her general feeling of joy can loosen up a tight atmosphere. Suki is of average intelligence, but sometimes she doesn’t act like it. She tries not to be obnoxious, and sometimes has to remind herself to stop. Suki tends to be hurt fairly easy, and so she strays away from fighting. If Suki becomes angry at someone, she generally sprays whoever she is angry at. But all the same, she usually feels bad about it and apologizes soon after.

Roleplay Sample: Joseph looked at the clock. It was blinking six o’clock. What time did I have to be there? He asked himself. Looking at the little card, he noticed that it said ten o’clock. He still had four hours. He slipped under the covers in the little hotel room he had rented (with some money from his aunt and uncle) and fell asleep, not noticing the fact that the clock continued to blink six o’clock, not moving a minute.

Waking up with a start, he noticed the clock blinking six o’clock. Checking his watch, it read 10:09. Hitting himself, he got up and quickly got dressed, and was out the door by 10:12. Rushing out of the Pokemon Center in which his room was, he looked for the direction of the tall skyscraper. Luckily, it was close by, about a few blocks away. Still running, he headed in its direction.

It obviously wasn't his lucky day. They were setting up for a parade of some kind at the end of the street, and there was a detour that you needed to take. Rushing through the crowd of people looking at the parade area, he followed the big orange detour sign down another street. In the middle of the street was a police officer, chasing after a crook. Her trusty Growlithe was on the crook's tail, and was chased right into Joseph, he got plowed down by the man, and then the Growlithe. Stopping by him, the officer talked.

"I'm very sorry, my Growlithe is always like that. Would you like some help up?" she said, extending her hand. Taking it, Joseph was pulled up. "Well... Good luck with whatever you are doing!" she said, and ran off after her Growlithe. Running the other way, he finished the detour after about 10 minutes, and reached KLI. Slowing down, he began to walk across the bridge.

Xlugon Pyro
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Sorry. Was playin' WoW for awhile. I got your PM, but it looks like I'm a bit late. Zapdos has my favorite power, followed by articuno, but groudon is my favorite legendary. But hey, since the reincarnations are humans, I can make them look however I want! I guess this means I'll take articuno then. One question, though. Since I'm sure you're well aware of my RPing prowess, do I need the RP Sample? If I link anythin g, it would have been stuff you've already read before.

P.S. Curse you DE for having to take my favorite of the powers! GAAAHH! I'm the embodiment of storms, but I guess articuno's the next best thing. Heh, Canis used a sample from my RP. That is so... AWESOME!!

P.S. the II! Well, now that I've read the whole thread, it looks like you switched to heatran even though you're still listed as zapdos. I wish I could have both zapdos and articuno powers. They go together well.

Psychic Oats
06-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry, but I've got a little to much on my plate right now to join. Someone else can have Uxie. Sorry about the mishap.

Draconic_Espeon
06-25-2007, 03:01 AM
@ Canis Lupus: Okay, accepted. ^^ Looks good.

@ Xlugon: Zapdos or Articuno either one are fine. Or Groudon. Whichever floats your boat. I am taking Heatran.

@ P.O.: Sorry you couldn't join. XP Maybe next time.

@ Lonsie: Feel free to join later. I've got plenty of spots to fill, and you'll get first pick. ^^

Sign-ups will be openning again briefly. I'll count the reserves/accepteds and see how many spots are open for sure.

Xlugon Pyro
06-25-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm going with articuno for my reservation instead of zapdos because I can make a character around this one better, plus I had already got uaed to the idea before I read about the switch to heatran. I'll have my sign-up soon, but I have no idea what to do for pokemon since the dark-ice and ghost-ice pokemon are all ugly. I really wanted that snover. :(

Well, I looked through the sign-ups and noticed TT has a pokemon that isn't dragon-like at all, so I feel confident with my pokemon choice in this RP. My sign-up form will be up soon. Zapdos... SCREW YOU! Articuno FTW! By the way, yes, Yue is smart, but I can't stand playing someone who can't reach up to the mental potential I can! No bragging... I'm not bragging... And yes, I know I should use Xue for her name since Articuno deals with snow, but, eh, I'd prefer to use Yue. I like it better. :)

Name
Yue Kyuei

Chosen Legend
A-A-A-Articuno!

Physical Appearance
This girl is one attractive teen. Her hair is a cerulean blue color that reaches down a few inches below her shoulders. It is also wavey, making it have a very mystical, yet beautiful appearance. Sometimes she'll use blue or green ribbons to tie up her hair to either make herself appear more attractive. Usually she ties her hair to make ponytails, but never has only one. Her eyes go well with her hair, as they are a blue color. She has a few freckles dotting her lightly tanned face, but they somehow magnify the girl's attractive appearance. Her attractiveness would not be complete with her rather slim body and a slight muscular build due to her athletic, healthy body. Females don't get too muscular unless they become body builders, afterall. Finally, the last two attractive physical qualities of Yue is her rounded, somewhat large booty, and her large breasts, which are quite a bit above average size.

Personality
She is usually carefree and joyous. Yue is very independant when it comes to her ideals and morals. The girl is very kind and helpful, and is quite outgoing, so much to the point that it seems she's very obnoxious and goofy. Despite this, she's a very good problem solver and always has very wise, helpful advice to give to anyone with any problems. Just about everyone loves her, and the few that don't usually are envious. She does get angry occassionally, and will strike back viciously if you get on her back side. She's a very mature, organized individual, and although she's a great leader, often times she prefers to do things herself. She's also probably one of the most intelligent people you'll ever meet in your lifetime.

Though she tends to get along well with the carefree types such as herself, the serious ones get on her nerves. Getting Yue angry is asking for death. Though she can control it very well, if you asked her to fight, you'd probably regret it afterwards. She also doesn't meld well with intellectuals and tries to avoid them once they start speaking science or math. Despite her intellect, she likes hanging around troublemakers and sometimes gets influenced by them herself. Most of her friends are the following type who will just agree with everything she says and dont give things much thought. However, what she respects the most in people is a person who knows how to be happy.

History
Snowpoint City is the origin of this northern girl. Living in a cold environment, she learned to love ice types. Unfortunately, the shadow gene had already begun to spread across the world by the time Yue was born. She heard of the legends of past pokemon trainers and grew sad, hearing that pokemon training was outlawed. When she was young, she had found a rare pokemon, snover, and had made friends with it. She named it Iikii, but after only a year it contracted the shadow gene and she wasn't able to play with it anymore. Being sad by the loss of her friend, she decided she needed real human friends. By this time she had begun 1st grade. However, she made no friends and instead was picked on by others, so she decided with the approval of her mom to be homeschooled. It didn't go so well, so she ended up wasting 4 years of her chance at an education. In the meantime, she practiced drawing pokemon. Soon after what wouldv'e been her 5th grade year, Yue's mother decided Yue needed to be put back in school. She was sent to the Snowpoint City middle school.

Unlike her 1st grade experience, she became very popular during 6th grade. Her beauty and attractivity drew her a lot of attention. She was also outgoing and silly. Many people liked being around her, especially guys. The girl became very independant through this experience and to perform very wierd acts that embarrassed a large number of people, or got her plenty of attention. Yue had asked out a good number of guys, all who accepted (all guys wanted to date her in her school), only to make out with them right on the spot then dump them right after, not even minding making out with the person, no matter how the person looked. She did many other strange, but hilarious things too. She gained a large fanbase by the end of 6th grade and it carried on strong through 7th and 8th grade as well. Also during this period, Yue's mother introduced her to the fantastic winter sporting opportunities of the north climate of Snowpoint City. Yue grew a liking to snowboarding the most, but the others were also nice. She also got involved in school activities like cheerleading, volleyball, ski club, and track.

During the start of 7th grade, a pokemon had invaded the school and was apparently good at hiding and causing pranks. People grew paranoid and afraid, wondering if it was a pokemon with the shadow gene. One day, the lights of the school go out and everyone at the school begins to halucinate, as it seemed the school was floating in an empty, endless black space. Even Yue was effected, but she wasn't convinced. She entered forbidden grounds of the school to find this mysterious pokemon, only to discover it was a misdreavus who was bored. Yue got the detention for entering forbidden grounds, even though she solved the mystery of the pokemon at her school. It turns out she later made good friends with this misdreavus. Near the end of 7th grade and throughout 8th grade, Yue began noticing strange things. When she breathed, snowflakes appeared out of her mouth, which was new. She also never got hot, even in the dead of summer, not that it really got that hot up in Snowpoint. Winter's sheer coldness didn't effect Yue either, and she began to have a strange obsession in the season of winter.

Later on, she discovers a strange pattern in the local weather based upon her emotions. When she was sad, angry, frustrated, or stressed, a powerful blizzard would occur in town. Sometimes even a complete whiteout would happen. When she was eager, excited, or pumped for action, a light snowfall would occur. She noticed this more when mysteriously every time her event was almost up it began to snow and get a lot colder out, which resulted in the cancellation of the track meet. It was never noticed during volleyball season, as it was already the dead of winter there and her games were always indoors. Meanwhile, it was also noticed during cheerleading, which resulted in the cancellation of those events also. It was also noticed that every time someone else touched Yue, she always felt cold and they would feel a cold breeze. The girl never understood this, but luckily, nobody had one clue it could be Yue. Most saw the weather effects as an inconvenience or just bad luck or bad karma. One day, Yue's misdreavus friend pulls a halucination prank on Yue, but it backfires, instead showing Yue in a glimpse of a flying blue bird with snow following it as it flapped its wings. She confronted misdreavus, but he admitted honestly that that was not what the halucination illusion was supposed to be.

Pokemon
Usk is Yue's misdreavus friend met in 7th grade. He invaded the school and decided to pull of a huge prank, but Yue didn't fall for it and caught him in the act. Because of her witty attitude and her immense level of guts, Usk decided to stick with her as he was lonely and needed a good friend. Nobody ever found out about him due to his ghostliness and skill of concealing himself easily. He could also mess with peoples minds and cause them to see things or to halucinate. Usk is pretty strong and brave, and will gladly defend Yue at all costs. He is also gifted with ice-type abilities, able to use ice beam and blizzard. Yue was surprised she could talk to him directly unlike her snover friend way back, who she was unable to communicate with.

Roleplay Sample
You did send me a PM asking me to join, so do I need this?

Writer's block mysteriously dissappeared here. Anyway, I'm done, so check eet ovah!

Draconic_Espeon
06-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Wait, what? Dragon? The types have to be dark or ghost, not dragon. XP

Xlugon Pyro
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Wait, what? Dragon? The types have to be dark or ghost, not dragon. XP

No, I'm saying TT has a dragon for a legendary (Rayquaza), but has a ghost or dark pokemon that isn't dragon-like at all. That's what I'm saying.

Dog of Hellsing
06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Lol, the two Pokemon you can choose don't have to reflect the Legend you choose. They have to be either Dark or Ghost type, not like your chosen Legend. ^^

free2rhyme
06-26-2007, 12:53 AM
So what no Mew? If you guys are still accepting people I would like to join. So I'll wait for your answer before I start to write my sign-up. And, if their is a mew and I just didn't see it can I reserve it?

Draconic_Espeon
06-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Nope, no Mew. I picked specific Legends you could be, and Mew isn't one of them. You've got the spot, though.

Xlugon Pyro
06-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I REALLY need help commin' up with a history. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I guess I'll do what any good roleplayer would do, browse the applications of other roleplayers. Oh, I have a question. Since pokemon is anime (I think) and characters in anime have unusual natural hair colors (green, blue, purple), is it alright I do that too? It would fit a character representing articuno, plus TT's character has a different hair color (light blue from the looks of it). Is this alright?

Draconic_Espeon
06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Yup, different colored hair is fine. Whatever color you wish, though I might frown upon rainbow. ^^

Xlugon Pyro
06-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Yup, different colored hair is fine. Whatever color you wish, though I might frown upon rainbow. ^^

Yeah. I wasn't thinking of that, though. I'm no clown, neither is my character!

Poring
06-27-2007, 05:25 AM
Is there still a spot open? Sorry if the answer's here, I can't read it thoroughly right now. This looks interesting and I'd like to join.

Gotta go now. <_<

Xlugon Pyro
06-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Is there still a spot open? Sorry if the answer's here, I can't read it thoroughly right now. This looks interesting and I'd like to join.

Gotta go now. <_<

I think free2rhyme took up the open vacancy and D_E invited me from the beginning via PM, so the slots I think are all taken. Though there may be a spot for you if D_E's willing to accept it.

BTW, my application is done, so feel free to look at it and hopefully approve it. :) Let me know if you want a roleplaying sample, sinse you did invite me and all.

P.S. ~TT, our characters are pretty similiar. No I did not copy you either! I think it'd be awesome if they could be friends in the RP. You up to it?

Poring
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh, all right then.

Draconic_Espeon
06-27-2007, 08:37 PM
No, all the spots are taken. They will open up again, though, and when they do, I'll PM you. ^^

@ Xlugon: Accepted, and yeah, none needed. ^^

Draconic_Espeon
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry to double post, but Resistance Sign-ups are now open. They won't come into play until later in the RP, though.

Xlugon Pyro
06-27-2007, 10:28 PM
So what's the Resistance? And what roll will the reincarnated legends play a part as?

Draconic_Espeon
06-28-2007, 12:15 AM
They're and underground group fighting against the Shadow Gene. They've had some battles, but I don't have all that worked out yet. The reincarnated Legends will be asked by Mewtwo to join the Resistance. No, you don't have to, but if you don't, there's a good chance you'll be kidnapped by the Shadow Legends and either killed or partially converted. (You'll be controlled by the Shadow Gene but still be concious. Kinda like you're in the back seat of your body.) Mewtwo will train you to use your powers.

Poring
06-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Oh, wait, since LZ was banned, can I still take a spot as a reincarnated legend? If this is possible, I'd like to reserve Raikou...

Draconic_Espeon
06-28-2007, 01:51 AM
LZ was banned, but it is only a temporary one and he will be back. But, because DeidarasClay was permanently banned, yes, you can have the spot as Raikou.

Poring
06-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Oh, it was Deidara'sClay that was perma-banned? All right then. I'll make a profile soon then...

Edit - Okay. *takes a deep breath* I will now try to create my character.

Name: Toran Rakurai

Chosen Legend: Raikou

Physical Appearance: Toran is short for his age. He is only around 5 feet and 3 inches. His body is thin and agile, and he can run very quickly for long periods of time. Toran's hair has a dark-greyish color; the color of a thundercloud. His eyes are wide and he has piercing black pupils. His skin color is tan, because he is usually out in the sun. He is usually wearing a normal white T-shirt with no decorations or anything on it, but in cold or rainy weather, he wears a large, golden and black coat. Toran is almost always wearing jeans, but wears shorts when it's hot or humid. He prefers to wear sandals than shoes. He is always wearing a golden pendant with a thunderbolt engraved on it that he found on a vacation in Johto.

Personality: Toran is not very shy, and is friendly when introduced to new people. He has a strong sense of justice and does not approve of people hurting those weaker than them. Although he doesn't talk much, he listens to other people when they want to talk. He is usually calm and quiet, but when his temper is lost, he can yell very loud and sound very intimidating. Toran's intelligence quotient is very high, and can solve logic problems very quickly. In times of danger, he acts very swiftly and usually gets through the situation with no one harmed. He does not like to be bothered when thinking or relaxing, and when he is, he gets very impatient and yells at the person who is bothering him. Other than that, he likes to lie in the sun and relax or run a lot.

History: Toran was born in Cerulean City. When he was a small child, he didn't know anything about his powers, although he sometimes heard a loud roar when he was dreaming. It didn't scare him at all, for it somehow sounded familiar to him.

His parents were research scientists in the Power Plant, but since the Shadow Gene spread they were trying to find a way to counter it. He and his family were fairly wealthy, and Toran went to a private school. Because he was very social and friendly, he made many friends and was content with his lifestyle. When he was 12 years old, however, his parents had to leave home and go to Sunyshore City in Sinnoh. They heard that some Pokemon infected with the Shadow Gene had shut down all of the power there. Toran was left in their house alone, because his parents thought it would be too dangerous for him. His parents told him it would be at least 3 years before they returned.

With his parents gone, he grew bored, and used his family's wealth to apply for a high school. He amazed the principal, because he completed the entrance exam in half the time most average high school students did. The principal gladly accepted Toran into the high school even though he was only 12.

High school was much different than grade school for Toran. He tried to make friends, but no one talked to him because of his young age. Academics were more challenging there than at his old school, but he was lonely there and had no friends. Finally, in the beginning of his second year there, he ended up leaving the high school. He got into a fight with an older student who was beating up a younger one. Naturally Toran was enraged, and he tried to yell at him to stop, but instead that same loud, familiar roar came out of his mouth. Even he had no idea what happened, but the next thing he knew the older student was writhing on the floor, and his hand was glowing with electricity.

Not knowing what he had done, he ran as fast as he could back to his house. Ther he stayed for over two months, barely eating or sleeping at all. In this time he learned more of his powers, and found he could create a small ball of electricity in his hands as well as control the electrical energy in any building or place that uses electricity. Later, in one of his rare moments of sleep, he saw a silhouette of what appeared to be a large four-legged beast, and he heard the same thunderous roar. Toran then woke up and began to try to piece together the origin of his powers.

He went to the library, where he searched through many books and articles. Finally, he found an old Johto legend book, which he read over. It told about three beasts of thunder, fire, and water that guarded a Brass Tower in Ecruteak City. A lightning bolt struck the tower and the three beasts perished. Then, a Phoenix from another tower, the Tin Tower, came and resurrected them. The three beasts once again guarded the tower, now known as the Burned Tower.

Toran went home and wrote a brief letter to his parents, telling them not to worry when they found him gone when they returned. He told them he too was going on a long trip, and he would not know how long it would be. Since then, he took the S.S. Anne in Vermillion City to Johto, and he is now travelling towards Ecruteak City, the site of the Burned and Tin Towers. He has only one companion who he met along the way, a Rotom, which I will describe below.

Pokemon:
Rotom - Toran met Rotom on his travels. While walking through a trail in Johto, he saw a Tauros infected with the Shadow Gene. It started to chase after him, with a hostile look in its eyes. He had seen many other Pokemon infected by the Shadow Gene in his journey, and he usually just shocked them unconscious and continued with his journey. He tried to create some electricity in the tip of his finger, but nothing happened. He felt no electricity in his hand at all. He tried to run away, but the Tauros pursued him. When it finally caught up to him, Toran cringed in fear. Nothing happened. He looked, and saw the Tauros fainted on the ground. Suddenly, the Rotom appeared right in front of his face. This startled him a lot, and Rotom hovered around him in circles. Toran thanked the Rotom for helping him and walked away, but Rotom kept following him. Rotom is playful and mischievous, but also very powerful. He can use powerful electric and ghost attacks, like Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. Rotom can communicate with Toran using electrical currents which he sends through his body. Toran likes talking to Rotom and is glad to have a friend to accompany him on his journey.

Roleplay Sample: Hmm. I guess I'll just make one up right now, since I never roleplayed here before. I'll just make the scene where Toran meets Rotom.

The sun was already setting, and Toran still had to reach the next town. He wiped the perspiration off his forehead. His last stop was a small town between Olivine and Ecruteak City, where he stocked up on food and water. His water supply was diminishing, and so was his food. Almost there, he thought, Just three more miles... He collapsed onto the trail to rest. Thinking of all he left behind back in Cerulean, he wondered what it would be like if he had stayed. No, I musn't think of that. I left home for a reason, and I'm not returning until I've solved this mystery. Sighing, he looked out to a green field to the right. It was so peaceful, so tranquil... But wait, what was this? A Pokemon was standing in the middle of a field. It was a Tauros, and its malevolent eyes were staring right at Toran. It's infected with the shadow gene, he thought. Slowly, he got up, and began to walk very quietly down the trail. After getting at least one hundred yards away from it, Toran broke into a sudden sprint. The Tauros immediately started pursuing him. Although Toran was a very quick runner, the Tauros was much faster. Soon, it was about to charge into him. Toran put his plan into action. He closed his eyes, tried to create electricity in his hand, and hoped for the best. Nothing happened. I'm dead, he thought. He opened his eyes. Toran saw the Tauros lying on the ground, apparently unconscious. Puzzled, he walked away and continued on the path.

An orange, transparent face appeared right in front of him. "Ah!" Toran shouted. He fell back on to the ground. The Pokemon laughed and began to hover around Toran. He observed the Pokemon, and realized it was a Rotom, meaning it couldn't be affected by the Shadow Gene. "Thank you for helping me," said Toran, "I'm going now, all right?" The Rotom disappeared again, and he began to continue his journey. Once again, the Rotom appeared right in front of his face. Toran was not startled at all this time, but asked why it was following him. He suddenly felt electricy course through his body, and into his brain. I want to go with you, he heard in his mind. "You can speak to me?" Toran inquired, surprised.. The Rotom nodded happily. He thought about it, and realized that the Rotom was powerful and would make a great companion. It would also give him someone to talk to. "Well, I guess you can come with me, Rotom." Rotom displayed a large grin on his face and started hovering around Toran again. He continued down the path with newfound energy, having gained a new friend.

Woohoo! I'm done. If you want me to change anything, just tell me. The roleplay sample was what troubled me the most.

Draconic_Espeon
06-28-2007, 08:35 PM
It looks great! The only problem is that Raikou can't generate storm clouds. That's Zapdos's power. But then, you may not have seen where I described the Legends' powers, so here's Raikou's.

Raikou: He's best with generated electricity, and can manipulate any kind of electricity better than Zapdos.

Zapdos: He is a bringer of storms, and controls natural lightning. He can do nothing with generated electricity.

Other than that, it's fine. Just a minor detail, so you're accepted.

Poring
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh, I'll edit that. Thanks for pointing that out.

All right, I edited it. Wee, I'm accepted...!

bekah_the_pikachu
06-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Ooooh... I have to say this is a very good idea! Can I play Suicune? Please? Thanks. I'll post my intro today or tomorrow.

Draconic_Espeon
06-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Okay, but only because Crystal Momoyia wants to play a Resistance member. However, no more after that! That's all the room we've got for Legends! I'll only accept Resistance members now.

We won't begin until LZ comes back, and probably not until the week after next because it looks like I may not have internet access all next week.

bekah_the_pikachu
06-29-2007, 02:42 AM
Oops.... Didn't realize there was already 8 people.....

Draconic_Espeon
06-29-2007, 02:48 AM
You're fine, just no one else after you. ^^

Xlugon Pyro
06-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Can't wait to start playing! Hey, why dont you start up the discussion thread so the RPers can keep in tune with eachother and the RP?

Blue-
06-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Can't wait to start playing! Hey, why dont you start up the discussion thread so the RPers can keep in tune with eachother and the RP?
Yes, I agree. I've been afraid to post in this thread, because I didn't want to spam. ^^;

Draconic_Espeon
06-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Okay. *goes to do so*

EDIT: Teh Link (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1284957#post1284957)

SuperBoy
06-29-2007, 04:02 AM
-Sign-up-

Name: Joseph Allen

Appearance: Joseph has black hair with green eyes. He keeps his hair cut and lined up. He's usually noticeable in a black shirt with a Darkrai on it. He wears black shorts that go with his shirt. He wears white socks that go up to his knees. His skin tone is of the caramel looking sort. He wears white tennis shoes that are the velcro type, because he hates shoe laces. He travels with a Navy Blue backpack that is always carried on his back. On his wrist lies a wristband that also has a Darkrai logo on it. He has a silver expensive watch that he wears on his left wrist, which means he wears the wristband on the right wrist. Joseph's height is average for his age coming in at about 5 foot 7 inches. He weighs about 154 Lbs. When going to sleep, Joseph wears a pair of gray sweats. He wears a gray sweat shirt to go with it. When it gets hot at night, he switches to some black basketball shorts and puts on a white t-shirt.

Personality: Joseph is that friendly type of person that you'll meet every once in a while. He loves to devour the amenity of others in the surrounding area around him, basically making him a show off. When people show off their stupidity, he shows off his high level of sarcasm. Jealousy seems to kick in when other people are better thean him in battling. People say Joseph acts like a baby, but when he gets mad it is a whole different story. He goes He converts from a show off to a super mature teen that acts his age. Sometimes his friends want him to get mad, just because they like him when he's mad. He protects all of his friends and pokemon, but mostly his family. Joseph can be a funny guy, put you can also put your trust into this loveable hothead.

History: Joseph was born in Kanto mastering as a pokemon trainer. His father was an infamous professor that desired working for the notorius Professor Oak. His mother was mostly a house mom. She's was the one to cook, clean, and take care of the family with the help of her pokemon. At the age of 8, Joseph's dad inspired Joseph on becoming a Pokemon Trainer. His father gave him a Charmander to begin with. Joseph started his journey at the age of 10 and topped third place in the Pokemon League. His Charmander eventually reach a Charizard status and becoming the hothead of his team. When Joseph, was 15, he heard of the pokemon virus codenamed,"Shadow Gene." He had heard what was happening to the pokemon that caught the effect of the virus and feared the virus would catch his pokemon. At the age of 16, he decided that he would definetely do something to help the pokemon in need.

Pokemon: Charizard-Joseph's first pokemon that originally started out as a Charmander. This pokemon helped Joseph top third place in the Kanto Pokemon League. His trump move is Blast Burn. This pokemon is at level 55.

Ampibom- Ampibol baturally started out as an Aipom. Joseph caught this pokemon at the age of 14 and trained it until it learned Double Team. When it learned that move, it successfully evolved into an Ampibom. This pokemon is at level 51.

Milotic-Joseph was given a Milotic as a gift from his mother on his 16th birthday. Milotic and Joseph get along very well and enjoy playing and swimming with each other a lot. Milotic is at level 48.

Other: N/A

Other:

Draconic_Espeon
06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Accepted. Welcome to the Resistance. ^^

SuperBoy
06-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much.

Lonsie
06-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Could I be Illusia? I have a thing for Misdreavus, don't ask.

bekah_the_pikachu
07-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Name: Mira Blades

Chosen Legend: Suicune

Physical Appearance: Mira has blue eyes and light brown hair that is usually tied back in a ponytail. She is very athletic and is usually wearing jeans or denim shorts and sometimes wears overhauls. Her closet contains mostly t-shirts that usually have a logo. Her favorite is one that has Graveler on the front and “I rock” on the back. She wears plain, worn out running shoes, and an ocarina around her neck. Oh and she likes wearing her blue and black fingerless gloves.

Personality: Mira has always been a fairly happy person. She is calm most of the time, but can be hyper when she gets exited. She has always been a kind person, and will volunteer, or arrange a surprise party or secret gift for someone. She will go to extremes to help someone. She’s very outgoing and determined person and will do anything to prove that girls are just as good as guys. She’s not afraid to get dirty, work, and play hard. Mira is very tough loves the outdoors, and loves recreational activities. One of her fondest memories is snowboarding near Snowpoint City.

History: Mira was born a year or so after the virus started. She grew up loving a Ralts, which later evolved into a Kirlia. When she was 3, Mira became very sick. Her Ralts stayed by her side the whole time, and their friendship blossomed. By the time she was five, the Shadow Gene had spread, and her beloved Kirlia was infected. There was nothing she or her family could do, her Kirlia soon destroyed their home in Enterna.

With no home, Mira and her family were forced to move elsewhere. They traveled across Sinnoh, finally settling in Pastoria. The loss of her best friend still hurt, but was beginning to heal a bit. The event made her tougher and more prepared. Luckily, living in Pastoria meant that they were closer to Lake Valor. Mira spent most of her free time here, swimming or just enjoying the scenery. She hasn’t discovered her powers, other than having a high tolerance of the cold and wind.

Pokemon:

Absol: Blades was the pokemon of Mira’s grandmother on her mother’s side. It was ironically named, but is a great friend. She is pretty much Mira’s mother away from home, and it pays off because it can sense danger. Blades is very protective and is always alert.

Houndoom: A wild pokemon with no nickname that Mira was attacked by. Blades defended Mira until Houndoom finally stopped. Houndoom is a quiet pokemon whith a dark personality he ignores the love of others and will not be pushed around.

Roleplay Sample: If I remember correctly, I think your in all my rps :P I’ll post this later, though it won’t be too impressive.

Sorry it took so long. My grandparents were here.

Draconic_Espeon
07-05-2007, 04:34 AM
'Tis fine, Lonsie. You can be a Mismagius if you want, up to you... (I forgot they evolved...)

Looks good, Bekah, accepted. You can do without the example.

I've decided to postpone this until the end of War, due to War stuff I have to do, plus I'm going to be busy for a while and not everyone has signed up. When the RP opens, I'll be sure to PM everyone. ^^

Blue-
07-08-2007, 05:01 AM
Just thought I'd better update this. ^^;

But, thanks for waiting to start this until war's over. @_@; Makes everything a little easier.