PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of...

bronislav84
11-19-2004, 12:11 AM
...a person who keeps IMing you on different screen names?

Some idiot IMed me yesterday and kept thinking I was this "Bob" person. He wouldn't leave me alone, so I blocked him because he couldn't understand that he got the wrong screen name. Although with my screen name, I'm a little surprised that he could make a mistake.

So then I blocked him and he comes back with different screen names, but not to talk and call me Bob, but to insult me. I keep blocking him.

The latest occurence was today, about 10 miutes before this post.

Does anybody have any advice for me? Anything at all?

This is getting annoying.

Enchanted Flygon
11-19-2004, 12:15 AM
ask this guy what screen name hes trying to contact and tell him your not "Bob".

Maybe he's just an annoying person that likes to annoy

mlugia
11-19-2004, 01:34 AM
You can always go to your preferences and change it so only people who you have on your buddy list may IM you, or something close to that.

Shael
11-19-2004, 05:33 AM
If you're desperate enough, creating a new sn yourself might work..

Tamer Marco
11-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Good idea Mana. Whoever this is must be on pe2k, because they would normally be the only one's who know your SN. I dunno though, I haven't taken this into much thought...

Yggdrasill
11-19-2004, 05:40 PM
this has happned to me before i just made it so only people i know can IM me like mlugia said.

Zenaku
11-19-2004, 11:03 PM
I have a better suggestion: Don't tell them you're blocking them. Bron, first tell him you must sign off, and block him. After that, turn onto invisible mode for the rest of the night (As he's sure to use a different name to try and IM you). After that, he'll believe you're offline and leave you alone. That is... Unless he's a total jackass, of course.

Most wouldnt really care however, especially if you take it all as a joke rather than getting fed up and saying "You're blocked." Believe me; I'm an expert on jackasses. :P