PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dole scowls on you fugly officials.

The End
11-20-2004, 05:43 PM
This is a rant, about the inactivity of the officials and its major impact on the URPG as we know it. Now if you've come here to trash my thoughts as an individual, then please follow these instructions set out by my kind friend Khold. kthnx. ;-)

Please put on a blindfold, drink bleach, and go play in traffic, so we dont have to hear your nonsense on this forum anymore. kthnxbai. ;-)

Now. As we all know, the URPG activity is on a major decline in activity. This is because the URPG now is similar to Washington. Its semi important to some people and it doesnt get a whole lot done. I have several theories on this, but this is just one.

The officials we have are not active enough for their jobs.

Example. Those that get out wages for reffing and grading rarely do it anymore. Having inactive officials is like having the president go on vacation for several weeks and letting wars and crap break out everywhere. People dont have patience. They need action now. In fact today I witnessed a ref stop reffing because he knew what he was doing would get him nothing. All his effort was for nothing.

So there are several things I an see done about this. We can a)

Let the URPG die.

or B) We can elect/vote new officials to begin to run this thing. Sure keep the old officials, but get new, more active officials too.

Ironshell Blastoise
11-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Yes, I know I haven't been active, and I know almost everyone has been busy, but we at least need more officials who are active as of late. I'm trying to actually bring the URPG back to full swing. So, officials actually WORKING would be great.

MANA FOR URPG PREZ

note: that was my nomination, Mana didn't tell me to put that :cool:

Agent Orange
11-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Hell yeah we need more officials, I just got back into URPG, and you guys are right, people are waiting five days or more to get a starter, its crazy. x.x

mlugia
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
lol, DP, love your siggy.

Anyways, I do agree that inactivity needs to be addressed here, but there are many ideas that quite possibly wouldn't work out. I think it's very important we don't screw up what we have first.

And yes, more active officials would be nice, even though it's not the officials' fault for being busy and such, right?

The End
11-20-2004, 05:59 PM
No, not their fault at all, it just merely means they need to be replaced. Like old people. :P

mlugia
11-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't like the word replace >_> Sounds like someone's usurping someone else's power.

Also, I just noticed Khold's post ._.

The End
11-20-2004, 06:06 PM
mana For Urpg Prez

Pokemon_Master_Nikki99
11-20-2004, 06:31 PM
There is one thing I want to press on in this post:

Starters

I know alot of people have brought this up, but here I go!

Do you realize that the last time anyone approved people getting starters was 8 days ago?! And 8 people are waiting for their starter! I know thats its best to be patient, but I think that new people here wouldn't really enjoy being active on the forums if they have to wait over a week just to begin.

People are talking about the decline in the URPG, but (no offense) do you realize how activet he forums might become with 8 new people? There might be one of the most active members int he world sitting right in front of you waiting too be modded.

I know that people have lives and that they don't mod there twenty four seven, but I think waiting 8 days for a starter is absurd. If I were a newbie, I would've probably already left the forum out of a loss of interest if I had to wait over a week.

I don't mean any offense, but I just think that maybe the RPG would get a bit more active, even if its just a small amount, if more people were added to approve starters. I haven't seen the people who approve starters on very much at all.

Thanks for your time.

This Rant Was Brought to you By:
Pokemon Master Nikki!

mlugia
11-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Posting in strong agreement with Nikki, having 8 more members would be quite nice. Maybe we can appoint at least one more active member as accepters? All the rules are in the threads already, such as "WHICH POKEMON CAN YOU NOT TAKE" is clearly stated in the READ FIRST thread, so yeah...

*slaps Alex* die. :susp:

The End
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
My point exactly. Its not that their inferrior, its that there inactive.

Pokemon_Master_Nikki99
11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Yaaaay people agree with me! :p

I also think people would be quicker to join if they saw that they would be able to begin faster in the URPG.

I will also now apply to be an Accepter. I may not bet he most active person onthe forums, but i'm on the computer alot and I plan to be coming to PE2K more often now that my other Pokemon forums went down.

The End
11-20-2004, 07:03 PM
*same here*

Agent Orange
11-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Meh, I came back, willpower of a dog.

I'll apply, its a simple job...

boltAge
11-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Actually I'm a ref, grader and also sort of an oldie at the URPG. I applied to be a grader/ref tester, but I was said inexperienced >> Well, I am, sort of, I forgot how to calculate critical hits anyway. Well, I'm on like everyday, so I can be a Starter Pokemon Request Acceptor(what a long name) and maybe a Mart Assistant too.

Anyway, firstly to address the stuff, I think we'll need to start off the reffing class sooner or something. So we can have more refs, and that usually means more activity.

[Fair]
11-21-2004, 05:05 AM
For what it's worth, I'll try to stop by at least once a day from now on. :wink:

Tamer San
11-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I guess I shall vote for Mana and boltAge to be new officials, they are both dedicated and good guys. I guess I can become an official as well, I have been here for over a year, I am a ref and a grader and I know how things goes in the URPG.

The End
11-21-2004, 02:10 PM
But the only problem is for these new officials to be official, the old, inactive ones have to stop by and actually accept that they are to inactive for their jobs, which is giong to be hard to get them to see.

mlugia
11-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, I think Dap, Tamer, Jt etc. all have more experience, so when it comes to promoting officials, they should be right at the front of the race.

Also, hey, fair accepted the starters, so it should be a good thing =D

The End
11-21-2004, 04:43 PM
yeah. now if only I could let starters. :P

Tamer San
11-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Well Mana, first of all it doesn't depend on the experience or "you have been in the URPG for a long time" thingy. You for example has more experience and knowledge and even more dedicated than 3 years or 2 years members in here and even more than me, JT and Dap and Magare. We might be older than you are in here but I guess you have prooven your self more than us. You must become an official dude. :wink:

And about new offcials and bye bye old ones...I have an idea. In the boyscouts (In my country) we have the head-counsil which contains the leaders and the elites in the scouts but also those leaders and elites can't do anything or actually can't make a move without asking the elders and the previous members of the head-counsil. Anyway, the point is why not making the current officials (Flare, Dux, Stripe, Figgy and more) more like an ex-members of the head-counsil of the URPG and assigne new officials and new head-counsil members for the URPG?

The people whom must become new officials:
Mana
boltAge
Dap
Me (Unless i am not good enough for everyone in here ._.)
Jack (He is old but still active and a good official)

Yep, those are fine officials and the ex-officials are:
Flare
Dux
Stripe
Figgy
And the guys =P

Thats what I think...beside, for the new head-counsil we can do elections or something.

The End
11-21-2004, 06:10 PM
that'd be cool.

mlugia
11-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Well Mana, first of all it doesn't depend on the experience or "you have been in the URPG for a long time" thingy. You for example has more experience and knowledge and even more dedicated than 3 years or 2 years members in here and even more than me, JT and Dap and Magare. We might be older than you are in here but I guess you have prooven your self more than us. You must become an official dude. :wink:

And about new offcials and bye bye old ones...I have an idea. In the boyscouts (In my country) we have the head-counsil which contains the leaders and the elites in the scouts but also those leaders and elites can't do anything or actually can't make a move without asking the elders and the previous members of the head-counsil. Anyway, the point is why not making the current officials (Flare, Dux, Stripe, Figgy and more) more like an ex-members of the head-counsil of the URPG and assigne new officials and new head-counsil members for the URPG?

The people whom must become new officials:
Mana
boltAge
Dap
Me (Unless i am not good enough for everyone in here ._.)
Jack (He is old but still active and a good official)

Yep, those are fine officials and the ex-officials are:
Flare
Dux
Stripe
Figgy
And the guys =P

Thats what I think...beside, for the new head-counsil we can do elections or something.

I like the council idea, yes indeed. As well, I don't think I've proven much, seen by my hissy fit against you when we last URPG battled >_> As well, Officials require activity, and there are times where I wonder if I should go on the internet at all. :p

Anyways, it's good to see that suddenly the URPG perked up this weekend, as opposed to the normal never having anyone around state ._.

The End
11-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Why not Mana. You should get on more and more since you are nominated official and gmod.

JohtoTrainer
11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Actually I'm a ref, grader and also sort of an oldie at the URPG. I applied to be a grader/ref tester, but I was said inexperienced >> Well, I am, sort of, I forgot how to calculate critical hits anyway. Well, I'm on like everyday, so I can be a Starter Pokemon Request Acceptor(what a long name) and maybe a Mart Assistant too.

Anyway, firstly to address the stuff, I think we'll need to start off the reffing class sooner or something. So we can have more refs, and that usually means more activity.

DOesn't matter, since there are no CH's in URPG anymore, lol

The End
11-22-2004, 08:26 PM
lol why not JT.

Zan Sabrefang
11-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Heyguys. I'd just like to put my name forward to be an official. I don't RP alot anymore, due to time and the seemingly unavoidable writers block I seem to have, but I do come on everyday and it would be a pleasure to help you guys out. I'll read all the Judging threads and stuff too so that I can do that ((Free of charge if need be)) to keep things running smooth.

I used to be a mod with FTP access at a Sonic RPG I used to help with so that should help with trust issues, etc. PM me or keep posting ~Subscribes~

Dr Scott
11-23-2004, 02:06 AM
What is this? Trying to overthrow the government? How dare you!

I think, though they may not ever get on, Flare/ some old time URPG member should stay. I'm out of the picture, seeing as I haev a life now and all :tongue: I'd love to stay, but ya know... gotta aplease my woman.... anyways they should stay, because an old member has to be leader/ they knwo what's going on and can teach you new people. I do say we need more new people... but hey, you don't have to be a mod to make a difference! Quit whining and become a ref! Become a grader! Almost all the vets I know may post, but they are over Pokemon. Well, there's Bob Dole and Lep, but they're... Just kiddign guys... anyways. Don't ask who can take over, ask what you can do for...

Scott the god of Beheading.

mlugia
11-23-2004, 02:18 AM
DOesn't matter, since there are no CH's in URPG anymore, lol

That wasn't the case last I checked O_o

boltAge
11-23-2004, 03:14 AM
We shouldn't really be nominating officials here... It's Jack's choice anyway, so we(yes, me too *points at self*) should probably stop nominating each other...or self-nominating *rolls eyes*

Let Jack say something before we continue this.

Zan Sabrefang
11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
People are just letting others know they're willing to help.

HKim
11-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Well, the two problems we have here are:

1. School takes up time and decreased activity.

2. The Older URPG Leaders are really the only ones that can do anything.

Yes, we can all volunteer to do something, but we have to wait until Lep or Dux is on to approve everyone. Even Ryan tells the G-Mods to stay out of the URPG Section, moderator-wise, and let the URPG officials do what they want.

The best solution, as I see it, is to give out more ref tests. The last time we had a surge of new refs, activity sharply increased.

Of course, this unfortunately also relies on ref testers, many of which are constantly busy. Oye. Eh, I'll try to be on to give them out and I'm sure Nin will be willing too.

Yes, we do need new blood, not necessary a replacement, but rather a boost. After all, the URPG is one of PE2K's unique sections.

boltAge
11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
1. School takes up time and decreased activity.

And I don't think we had much activitiy during Summer or Winter(Whatever you guys call it, I don't know) holidays. In fact, I think so many people went for their holidays there was less activity in PE2K.

The End
11-23-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree raik.

HKim
11-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Actually, summer was quite active. Not only did we have the war encouraging URPG activity, but with the refs and officials free, several battles occured and we even had special multi battles (you know.... 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1....etc.)

boltAge
11-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Actually, summer was quite active. Not only did we have the war encouraging URPG activity, but with the refs and officials free, several battles occured and we even had special multi battles (you know.... 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1....etc.)
Still, it wasn't that active, it died out towards the end of summer. And we still have special multi battles now.

And whoever hell locked Nin's thread... GMods should know that you're supposed to stay out of the URPG and leave stuff for the URPG mods :rolleyes: Or so says Harry.

The End
11-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Still, it wasn't that active, it died out towards the end of summer. And we still have special multi battles now.

And whoever hell locked Nin's thread... GMods should know that you're supposed to stay out of the URPG and leave stuff for the URPG mods :rolleyes: Or so says Harry.

lol we had one of those the other day. it was only 1 on 1 on 1 though. :P

Yes, stop with the friggin locking of stuff.

[Fair]
11-24-2004, 10:39 PM
What is this? Trying to overthrow the government? How dare you!

I think, though they may not ever get on, Flare/ some old time URPG member should stay. I'm out of the picture, seeing as I haev a life now and all :tongue: I'd love to stay, but ya know... gotta aplease my woman.... anyways they should stay, because an old member has to be leader/ they knwo what's going on and can teach you new people. I do say we need more new people... but hey, you don't have to be a mod to make a difference! Quit whining and become a ref! Become a grader! Almost all the vets I know may post, but they are over Pokemon. Well, there's Bob Dole and Lep, but they're... Just kiddign guys... anyways. Don't ask who can take over, ask what you can do for...

Scott the god of Beheading.

Scott makes a good point. Guys and girls, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A LEADER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! If you really care about the URPG as much as you all say you do, then do what you can to help out right now. Become a ref, become a grader, go into Pokémon chat rooms and tell people about the URPG - try to recruit some more members for our little cult. Tell your friends... Heck, even something as small as battling more often could spark a little activity. (And don't battle only people you know... Try to challenge less active and new members, too!)

And please, please, please, quit nominating people to take over leadership - it's downright frickin' rebellious! If Lep wants to give somebody a leadership position, he'll give it to the person (Or People) he thinks is the most qualified, not the people who get the most peer nominations...

boltAge
11-25-2004, 02:11 AM
']Scott makes a good point. Guys and girls, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A LEADER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! If you really care about the URPG as much as you all say you do, then do what you can to help out right now. Become a ref, become a grader, go into Pokémon chat rooms and tell people about the URPG - try to recruit some more members for our little cult. Tell your friends... Heck, even something as small as battling more often could spark a little activity. (And don't battle only people you know... Try to challenge less active and new members, too!)

And please, please, please, quit nominating people to take over leadership - it's downright frickin' rebellious! If Lep wants to give somebody a leadership position, he'll give it to the person (Or People) he thinks is the most qualified, not the people who get the most peer nominations...
Sure, we can advertise and stuff, but what's the point if the URPG is already dead? People wouldn't want to join such a RPG. We need power to change major things in the URPG, unfortunately, only the inactive mods have it... And that's kinda sad.

The End
11-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Exactly my thoughts. But you beat me to it.

Nintendofreak000
11-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Ok, Fair makes a great point here, all mods do is say "yes" or "no". Everything else is up to you! That's what makes the URPG so great! We focus on community effort guys. What kills this club isn't the mods' fault for not being on, its also you guys who aren't makin an effort. Even if every mod and every passed vet ressurected again (which would be about 20 or so of us), it wouldn't mean anything if there weren't any members here to enjoy the rules we make now would there :D?

A few things I need to address: I know being a ref isn't easy, there're very few real ref testers out there, and I'll try to do something about my schedule to do something about it. Graders are even harder to get tested on I know. No more good old days where strict old Jag would go around failing half of the stories cause her english level is so high (I think she's a journalist now). Jack'll have to deal with the graders, that's totally out of my hands currently.

If something needs to be addressed, you know where to contact me:
Omegamiko-AIM omegamiko@mailhaven.com - email.

..::Nin::..

flareon008
11-26-2004, 02:07 AM
ok, enough. G-MODS You do not touch ANYTHING within ultra boundries. Clear enough?

Hkimf/Fair/Nin are all correct. There has always been ups and downs within Ultra, it's like waves in the ocean. School does taking many of the members time.
Next, stop whining and stop with all this nominating. Lep's choice or whoever is in charge (I have no clue).
Nin's effort speech is correct. Look at all of you. You're in a pokemone forum because you like pokemon, most people think pokemon is dead but all of you are still here, playing and chatting about pokemon. Giving out ref tests and grader has always helped + new + old blood. New refs graders come from new players or people that want a test. Old blood helps out you know with the whole gossip, for example figgy, he shows up and every goes crazy (don't know why).

Pinkie, how about you stop with trying to stir up drama in ultra. Then you probably could give more effort than always whining.

Zan Sabrefang
11-27-2004, 12:52 AM
I think people are missing the point. We're not nominating for leadership, we're asking for the ability to keep the RPG moving. YES reffing and grading helps things, but it doesn't help the fact that some people wait nearly a week for a starter. Just maybe a few mini URPG mods are needed to help things along?

boltAge
11-27-2004, 12:58 AM
I think people are missing the point. We're not nominating for leadership, we're asking for the ability to keep the RPG moving. YES reffing and grading helps things, but it doesn't help the fact that some people wait nearly a week for a starter. Just maybe a few mini URPG mods are needed to help things along?
Uhh, so you're damn smart at this right, why don't you go take a grader's test, ref's test and ask for starter request authority alongside with mart authority? Duh, you don't tell people to do something when you yourself don't do so :rolleyes:

And I haven't had a request for me to ref in the past few days(And forum battles are crap, I've had enough of people why don't finish their battles and the mods don't give a damn). So what's the crap about not enough active refs, now it's people not willing to battle.

Zan Sabrefang
11-27-2004, 01:41 AM
I've read all the reffing posts, and Hkim said they'd get onto the reffing and grading tests asap. Stop picking faults and get on with your existence quietly.

Dr Scott
11-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Bolt, Zan, you two do know that fighting isn't helping either... ya know... it's bad... M'Kay... now kiss and make up!

Right. Well. Yes, you don't have to be a mod to do many of the things. Be a grader, a ref, or just do stuff. Write stories, find people to battle, get more people in the forums to join... if we could get everyone in the forum to join I mean we would do fine! Heck, one of these old Forum higher up vet really loved people could get the rest to join up... so find someone popular and join them to the dark side! YES!

Darth Scott

Nintendofreak000
11-27-2004, 04:58 AM

Nicely said Scott.......nicely said......

mlugia
11-27-2004, 05:09 AM
*Demands a ref tester test :X*

Nintendofreak000
11-27-2004, 05:28 AM
...You're already a ref, no ref test for you.

/..~<::[{Nin}]::>~..\

boltAge
11-27-2004, 05:38 AM
I've read all the reffing posts, and Hkim said they'd get onto the reffing and grading tests asap. Stop picking faults and get on with your existence quietly.
You haven't taken any of the tests, so you should probably shut up. Oh yeah, in case you were wondering, I didn't take a ref test to become a ref ^_^ Too bad with your type of "talent", it won't happen to you :[

Oh, how are you going to stop me from picking faults? Bite me? Aww :sad:

Also, I demand a grader tester test. The current standard of grader's test is kinda...ugh. Random people can get past the test like damn easily. 8[

Nintendofreak000
11-27-2004, 05:54 AM
I agree Bolt with the grader comment.

Back in my day (<--I sound like an old geezer)
Pokemon like Dratini and stuff were hell hard to get....a Magikarp still needed several chapters to be accepted, and if you overkill the Magikarp might've been sashimi before you could catch it.

Of course, back then we had Jag and Dire as the main graders....who graded harsh...

mlugia
11-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Rawr, I meant I demanded to be tested for a ref tester spot =x

Also, Gyaradoses are useful though, minus the no HP Flying thing, but still!

Jack of Clovers
11-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Let Jack say something before we continue this.

lol. hello. :cool:

if nobody has seen, it says in my sig that i won't be back until December. man, oh man so much has been going on since i took leave. blame school, then burn it.

i only scanned this thread. im not dead as you might think. i hate being away from here but i needed to do it for school. here's a thought. if no one has accepted those members waiting, maybe someone can offer to step up temporarily to accept them. then, when im back, we'll see if you get to keep that job. that's what i did, i stepped up with the move from yahoo to the forum and did what i needed to keep the place running.

cya dec. 1st. :wink:

~Jack~

HKim
11-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Okay, Jack wants us to step up to the plate.

Basically, I'm proposing that all URPG Co-officials and active refs be added to the Starter-Acceptor List. The ones not already on there will be listed as temporary acceptors. Basically, that means the following will be added:

Mana
Raik
HKim
Tamer

This will solve the problem regarding activity and will help get the URPG ready for future activity.

Nintendofreak000
11-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Okay, Jack wants us to step up to the plate.

Basically, I'm proposing that all URPG Co-officials and active refs be added to the Starter-Acceptor List. The ones not already on there will be listed as temporary acceptors. Basically, that means the following will be added:

Mana
Raik
HKim
Tamer

This will solve the problem regarding activity and will help get the URPG ready for future activity.

Due to this weird contract with lots and lots of fine print discussing confusing liability issues about organ transplants that HKim gave me. I'm supposed to sign on the dotted line and support this proposal. Don't take too many organs now ~_^.

\<~..::[{Nin}]::..~>/

mlugia
11-28-2004, 01:25 AM
I third Kim's idea :O

boltAge
11-28-2004, 02:12 AM
I support that idea because I uhh..see my name on it ^_^

Anyway so I get to accept starters now?

HKim
11-28-2004, 02:19 AM
I support that idea because I uhh..see my name on it ^_^

Anyway so I get to accept starters now?

Yes, you do until Lep comes and says you can't.