PDA

View Full Version : MissingNO encounters

Blast Burn
11-24-2004, 11:44 AM
ATTENTION ALL R/B/Y PLAYERS!

Here's a little section where all of you can post about your MissingNO encounters and what happened to your game.

I'll start off. I never saw MissingNO :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

Squirtle,Totodile,Mudkip
11-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Well, I once caught it thinking it could do no harm, but I had a bunch of proplems on my hands:

The screen got brick-like (You know how they are layed over each other).
Pokemon went wacko. They were things like lv.285.
The game froze every once and a while
I couldn't release Missingo, whenever I did, I got a boxfull of them.
My pokemon's party icons were replaced with people,
all in all, I don't recomend catching it. I had to start over. All of my lv. 100 Pokes with it.

If anyone doesn't know what Missingo is, I will explain it.

First off, what it does. When you encounter Missingo and then run away immediatly, the 6th item in your bag will be multiplied indfinitly. This does NO HARM to your game, if you do it correctly. Here is how to get it:
(Sorry, it can only be done in red and blue. It cannot be dome in yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, fire red or leaf green.)

Step 1: Get a Poke with fly and surf in your party. Or two sparate ones that have them.

Step 2: Get the item you want to multiply in the 6th slot of your bag.

Step 3: Go to the old guy in viridian who teaches you to catch Pokes. Ask him to show you.

Step 4: From now on, do exactly as written here. Doing something else could be risky. Now...

Fly to Cinnabar.

Step 5: Go directly to the right, to the edge of the water.

Step 6: Surf into the water, and go up and down the right side of Cinnabar.

Step 7: Things like high level Pidgeottos will appear... Ignore them. After a while, you will find another Pokemon. You will know it's Missingo. Sometimes The whole pokemon is pixely (Litteraly, just a jumble of pixels), sometimes it's called Missingo.

Step 8: whatever the case, RUN!!! Do NOT battle it, do NOT catch it. Just RUN.

Step 8: The 6th item in your list will be multiplied indefinitly.

celebi4546
11-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Well, I once caught it thinking it could do no harm, but I had a bunch of proplems on my hands:

The screen got brick-like (You know how they are layed over each other).
Pokemon went wacko. They were things like lv.285.
The game froze every once and a while
I couldn't release Missingo, whenever I did, I got a boxfull of them.
My pokemon's party icons were replaced with people,
all in all, I don't recomend catching it. I had to start over. All of my lv. 100 Pokes with it.

If anyone doesn't know what Missingo is, I will explain it.

First off, what it does. When you encounter Missingo and then run away immediatly, the 6th item in your bag will be multiplied indfinitly. This does NO HARM to your game, if you do it correctly. Here is how to get it:
(Sorry, it can only be done in red and blue. It cannot be dome in yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, fire red or leaf green.)

Step 1: Get a Poke with fly and surf in your party. Or two sparate ones that have them.

Step 2: Get the item you want to multiply in the 6th slot of your bag.

Step 3: Go to the old guy in viridian who teaches you to catch Pokes. Ask him to show you.

Step 4: From now on, do exactly as written here. Doing something else could be risky. Now...

Fly to Cinnabar.

Step 5: Go directly to the right, to the edge of the water.

Step 6: Surf into the water, and go up and down the right side of Cinnabar.

Step 7: Things like high level Pidgeottos will appear... Ignore them. After a while, you will find another Pokemon. You will know it's Missingo. Sometimes The whole pokemon is pixely (Litteraly, just a jumble of pixels), sometimes it's called Missingo.

Step 8: whatever the case, RUN!!! Do NOT battle it, do NOT catch it. Just RUN.

Step 8: The 6th item in your list will be multiplied indefinitly.

ive caought a lot of misigno and the only way they ever messed up my games was is i checked their status so i guess if you dont check its status it wont hurt your game

Zan Sabrefang
11-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Doing that cheat even without catching it ((I believe. I could be wrong)) completely messes with your Hall Of Fame.

HoennCallum
11-25-2004, 06:27 AM
I havnt played my blue version in ages but I used to love the Missingno cheat : :surp: . It would give me all these rare candies to level up my pokemon and I was so happy. I read all these things on the internet about not catching it but I did it anyway :oops: . I leveled it up with a rare candy and it turned into a Kanghaskan. I think it messed up my hall of fame, but I wouldnt reccomend catching it. It has different effects

Zan Sabrefang
11-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I havnt played my blue version in ages but I used to love the Missingno cheat : :surp: . It would give me all these rare candies to level up my pokemon and I was so happy. I read all these things on the internet about not catching it but I did it anyway :oops: . I leveled it up with a rare candy and it turned into a Kanghaskan. I think it messed up my hall of fame, but I wouldnt reccomend catching it. It has different effectsThe most extreme being that it could corrupt your save file so that you had to start again. If you like you game healthy, give Missingo a miss

celebi4546
11-25-2004, 03:46 PM
its wierd cause it never messed up my hall of fame

Agent Orange
11-25-2004, 03:59 PM
It messed up my character sprite, and it messed with my HOF.

thepokingmaster123
11-25-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes, it ussually messes with your hall of fame even w/o capture (I speak from experience). Also, I heard that catching one may impair your game's ability to save altogether (AKA every time you turn it off, it becomes a new game :oops: ). That also can happen if you don't even catch it, but it will olny restart once (and then work normal again), and the chances are lower then meeting a shiny in G/S (once again, i speak from experience and the annoyment of having a game restart itself with a Dragonite-lv. 100; no rare candies :goofy: ).

Firestorm
11-25-2004, 04:44 PM
My brother caught an arodactl skeleton, but nothing happened (Except he had a rydon that knew something like sky attackx2 and water gun)

celebi4546
11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
My brother caught an arodactl skeleton, but nothing happened (Except he had a rydon that knew something like sky attackx2 and water gun)

how did he find an arodactl skeleton?? :eh:

Missingno mystery
11-27-2004, 06:06 PM
There are many types of the RB glitch. 1 is Missingno, 2 is M (AKA Baby kangaskhan, or Mblock or M'), 3 goes 3 ways 1/3-3 is Over here in America you may run into a Pokemon call'd Missingno but looks like the ghost from the tower, 2/3-3 is the European version where you see one of the Pokemon fossils and 3/3-3 is the Australian version where again you see a fossil but its of a different poke (sorry, I forgot which one was in which version but theres ether kabutops or aerodactyl). Personally I've only encounter'd Missingno and M so I don't know much about the other one but I do know that your game wont get as messed up as bad if you don't catch any of them. My studies along with other ppls of the two (Missingno and M) show that what they are, are remnants of the game development. M is usually the one to evolve into kangaskhan wile Missingno, if you catch it with an empty slot on your belt, his icon is of a Pokemon trainer (sometimes gym leader). And I've also heard from ppl that if you send one of any of them to your box they turn into a Rhydon. I only have one question on the topic, are any of these glitch Pokemon (Missingno, M, fossil/ghost...) in the Japanese version?
P.S. My bros game wont save any more because the save battery has gone in it but as of the last time I turn'd blue on (after red when {never been glitch'd} and about a year after blue was Missingno'd) it was still going. However, the batteries don't last forever so I'm sure by now its died.

mewtwo_junior
02-12-2005, 10:43 PM
plz dont eat me missingno!

Loyal Arcanine
02-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I know I'm not a G-Mod or something, but you shouldn't revive old threads.

Kayden Javlaíakín
02-13-2005, 04:15 PM
plz dont eat me missingno!
Okay. This thread is 3 months old. So why are you posting? Your'e reviving an old thread which is never okay. :naughty: Could a G-Mod or someone please lock this thread? Hey, Blossomyet evolved.YAY!!!

Zenaku
02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes, please don't revive old threads.