PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 7

Pages : [1] 2

EspeonSun
06-29-2007, 01:58 AM
If all you HP fans out there, (I know there are some) Do you have any ideas about what will happen in the Deathly Hallows? Or have any theories that you're itching to get out?

I honestly can't wait for it to come out, I'm actually so excited that I count off the days til' it comes out. I"ve read all the stories 2 times over. Although I've read the 6th one 4 times. And I've read the 5th one 3 times, (Those are my favorites!) Okay so um, you can obviously tell that I love the books.

I've got a question, if anyone can answer with enough logic to make me belive them... Do you think Harry and Ginny will get back together??

Now that the Book's out, WATCH FOR SPOILERS
You have been warned, I will not take responsability for Spoiled Parts from now on

LS
06-29-2007, 02:08 AM
XD I read all the books 5 times the sixth 6 times. J.K said two main people will die. ;O

Team Pheonix
06-29-2007, 02:08 AM
If all you HP fans out there, (I know there are some) Do you have any ideas about what will happen in the Deathly Hallows? Or have any theories that you're itching to get out?

I honestly can't wait for it to come out, I'm actually so excited that I count off the days til' it comes out. I"ve read all the stories 2 times over. Although I've read the 6th one 4 times. And I've read the 5th one 3 times, (Those are my favorites!) Okay so um, you can obviously tell that I love the books.

I've got a question, if anyone can answer with enough logic to make me belive them... Do you think Harry and Ginny will get back together??

No, I don't believe they will get back together. I have a theory- I believe that both Harry AND Voldemort will die in this one. I believe this because the last Horcrux is Harry's scar, so he wil have to destroy himself in order to kill Voldemort.

LS
06-29-2007, 02:10 AM
No, I don't believe they will get back together. I have a theory- I believe that both Harry AND Voldemort will die in this one. I believe this because the last Horcrux is Harry's scar, so he wil have to destroy himself in order to kill Voldemort.

*sigh* How many people thought that... If Harrys scar is a Horcrux then if he kills himself who will kill voldy since the last Horcrux is in him..

Blue-
06-29-2007, 02:12 AM
It might be him, but it might not. You don't know that for sure. (Or maybe that was a grammar mistake... xD)

EspeonSun
06-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Ah ha, there's one thing wrong about that, the prophecy states, For neither can live while the other survives... Which clearly makes that either Harry or Voldemort will die.

OR

If Harry is a horcrux doesn't mean he has to die... At least, there might be another way...

As for two main dudes dying I'm really not sure who it will be...

LS
06-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I hope it's Snape and Ron. ;D Not sure why :S

EspeonSun
06-29-2007, 02:27 AM
No way! Then Hermione will be lonely.... I think It might be Snape, (YAY!!!) and Malfoy (DOUBLE YAY!!!)....

LS
06-29-2007, 02:42 AM
.-. Malfoy doesn't deserve to die. He did what he did because Voldy was going to kill him and his mom

Akuma
06-29-2007, 02:43 AM
I want Sirius to make a comeback, I miss him.

Team Pheonix
06-29-2007, 03:02 AM
I mean, in the theory, Harry kills himself thus deafeating Voldy. I wonder who the last DADA teacher is? Oh, and LS, Malfoy does deserve to die cause he is a @#$%

Xalapeno
06-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't know. I think Harry's scar is the last Horcrux.
The 2 people dying are probably Ron and Voldemort. Instead of Voldemort, Harry maybe.
Only time will tell.

I hope Voldy dies and Dumbledore makes a strange comeback.:happy:
I also want Sirius back.

Azumao
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know, I'll be too busy crying at Books-a-Million when it comes out to read it. ;_;

Honestly, though, I think Voldemort will die, not Harry. Though it would make a very memorable ending, after six books of growing as a character and a person, it would be extremely abrupt. I do think that one of the other characters, maybe Neville, Luna, Chao, Ginny...will die.

Volcanflame
06-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't really care if Harry dies or not ... and as for the other character that will die too, I think it's Snape ...

-Volcan-

Lord Voldemort
06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I shall be there at midnight to pick up my book.
Then, read it with all the other crazy people who are going to get their copy of the book.
My friends "obsessed" with Harry Potter too, so I've read each book at least 10 times, if not more. lol

Team Pheonix, even if Harry's a Horcrux, that doesn't mean he needs to kill himself. Look at Slyhterins ring. It wasn't destroyed, just the Horcrux was.

Loyal Arcanine
06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Harry and Voldemort are both gonna die.

the-one
06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
I think that Snape will sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort, saving Harry.

Stinky
06-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't really care who dies, as long as Hermione doens't die, I'll be happy.

...I actually still need to order my book form Borders, as I'm going to the party there.

And everyone remember-

TRUST SNAPE

Lord Voldemort
06-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't see how you think Snape is good.

skiboydoggy
06-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't see how you think Snape is good.
Snape is very obviously good. Just an ass.

Remember, wordless spells, and the journey of death.

Loyal Arcanine
06-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Snape is very obviously good. Just an ass.
Not to mention ugly. :ermm: But yeah, I also think Snape is on the good side and part of some complicated plan.

-Pichu Boy-
06-29-2007, 07:40 PM
For some odd reason I once dreamt that in the end Harry used some sort of magic wishing thing to wish Voldemort had never existed, and that only he and Dumbledore would remember anything about him.

He can live his life all over again with his parents :happy:

LS
06-29-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure why but I think Harry will find a Horcrux in Godrics Hollow. :/

EspeonSun
07-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Weird.... Anyways, I'm re-reading the 6th to refresh my brain for #7... (My fav...)

Volcanflame
07-04-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure why but I think Harry will find a Horcrux in Godrics Hollow. :/
Maybe ...

Voldemort could've made one Horcrux when he killed Harry's parents.

-Volcan-

LS
07-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Weird.... Anyways, I'm re-reading the 6th to refresh my brain for #7... (My fav...)

xD same here. Snape was a smart ass at school :P

Poring
07-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Hmm. It's been around a year since I read the 6th one. What was a Horcrux again...? Those were like, the diary and the ring, right?

Nick_Roge
07-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Right. Voldermort tore his soul into seven pieces and put the in seven objects so that if he were to die he could be reborn from one of those objects.

LordZangoose
07-04-2007, 02:25 AM
I'm thinking Snape kills Hermoine and Ron when they try to save Harry from Voldemort, and it has the same action as his parents, except it boosts his spell prowess.

Volcanflame
07-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Hmm. It's been around a year since I read the 6th one. What was a Horcrux again...? Those were like, the diary and the ring, right?
Diary, Ring, Locket ...

Dumblydore suggested Nagini and something from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff's cup has not been found, right? :s

-Volcan-

Professor Geoffrey
07-04-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm thinking Snape kills Hermoine and Ron when they try to save Harry from Voldemort, and it has the same action as his parents, except it boosts his spell prowess.

No, it won't work that way this time. You see that spell only works with those sixteen and below. The only way that can happen again is if they do this during the Summer, before Harry's 17th birthday. Except, I think Snape's secretly a double-agent, working for the Aurors. I think the prophecy was thought wrong. Maybe Snape is the chosen one. After all, he is the Half-Blood Prince. And Harry's not exactly happy about being the chosen one. I think he'd prefer going back to being called "The Boy Who Lived", or soon to be "The Man Who Lived".

Poring
07-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Nooooooooooow I remember. You know what would be really funny? If Harry was a Horcrux. Of course, that wouldn't make sense since Voldemort already tried to kill him.

EspeonSun
07-04-2007, 06:56 PM
No, it won't work that way this time. You see that spell only works with those sixteen and below. The only way that can happen again is if they do this during the Summer, before Harry's 17th birthday. Except, I think Snape's secretly a double-agent, working for the Aurors. I think the prophecy was thought wrong. Maybe Snape is the chosen one. After all, he is the Half-Blood Prince. And Harry's not exactly happy about being the chosen one. I think he'd prefer going back to being called "The Boy Who Lived", or soon to be "The Man Who Lived".

If I remember right, Snape invented the name Half-Blood Prince.

Well I think that Dumbledore is infact dead but, he used it for some sort of advantage. I honestly think that something happens to Harry when I comes down to the actual fight. Yah know, with ghosts and something like that or someone comin' to his rescue. Cause' the power Harry possess now ain't goin to be enough to kill the Dark Lord, which many people have failed to do. (Note, Harry may be the "Chosen one" But, he's only going to be 17 and he hasn't been fully trained...)

Leman
07-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Nooooooooooow I remember. You know what would be really funny? If Harry was a Horcrux. Of course, that wouldn't make sense since Voldemort already tried to kill him.

Well, Voldemort doesn't know that he is a Horcrux.

EspeonSun
07-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I doubt Harry is a horcrux. It would break my heart....

Hey, I'm just wondering, what will J. K do after this?

Leman
07-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I doubt Harry is a horcrux. It would break my heart....

Hey, I'm just wondering, what will J. K do after this?

Maybe spin offs. A sequal to this series. Other books. She could retire.

EspeonSun
07-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I know Authors don't just stop writing, so maybe she'll do that. But I hope she makes more wizarding books!

c-wooper
07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I can't wait until harry dies!

EspeonSun
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
What do you mean by that? It won't be cool if Harry dies. Everyone will be all, sad.... more or less Ginny.

Bob B
07-05-2007, 11:11 PM
harry is going to die my cousin has said this since the first book was published

Shozuka
07-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I am not a very good Harry fan, but I think that Harry and Hermonie will both die because of their secret love.

Requiem
07-05-2007, 11:54 PM
i hope sumbody amps out, gets the book before anyone and then uses a megaphone to blurt out the ending to everyone waiting

and then he hacks google and youtube and mysapce and facebook and posts the ending on those sites in massiv eletters

EspeonSun
07-05-2007, 11:58 PM
*Clears throat* There was clear in the 6th book that Ron and Hermione are going to hook up. Here, check these out, straight from book 6.

(Harry telling Ron and Hermione about horcruxes)
"Ron you're making it snow," said Hermione patienly, grabbing his wrist and redirecting his wand away from the ceiling from which, sure enough, large white flakes started to fall. Lavender brown, Harry noticed, glared at Hermione immediately let go of Ron's arm.

"Oh yeah," said Ron, looking down at his shoulders in vauge surprise. "Sorry, looks like we've all got horrible dandruff now..."

He brushed some of the fake snow off Hermione's shoulder. Lavender burst into tears. Ron looked immensely guilty and turned his back on her.

_________
(Dumbledore's funeral)

Harry could not bear to hear these things, nor did he think his resolution would hold if he remained sitting beside her (Ginny). Ron, he saw, was now holding Hermione and stroking her hair while she sobbed on his shoulder, tears dripping down his long nose.

Leman
07-06-2007, 12:02 AM
*Clears throat* There was clear in the 6th book that Ron and Hermione are going to hook up. Here, check these out, straight from book 6.

(Harry telling Ron and Hermione about horcruxes)
"Ron you're making it snow," said Hermione patienly, grabbing his wrist and redirecting his wand away from the ceiling from which, sure enough, large white flakes started to fall. Lavender brown, Harry noticed, glared at Hermione immediately let go of Ron's arm.

"Oh yeah," said Ron, looking down at his shoulders in vauge surprise. "Sorry, looks like we've all got horrible dandruff now..."

He brushed some of the fake snow off Hermione's shoulder. Lavender burst into tears. Ron looked immensely guilty and turned his back on her.

_________
(Dumbledore's funeral)

Harry could not bear to hear these things, nor did he think his resolution would hold if he remained sitting beside her (Ginny). Ron, he saw, was now holding Hermione and stroking her hair while she sobbed on his shoulder, tears dripping down his long nose.

Actually the first one only shows that Lavander and him arn't an option anymore. the second one is a good example, though hints were littered throughout the books, especially the Yule Ball.

EspeonSun
07-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I suppose so... But still, if they don't hook up it'll be a wonder. I mean, they're like made for eachother. Ron only went out with Lavender to make Hermione gealous. AND she only went out with Mclaggen or whatever his name was to make him gealous! Tottally obvious! Although, I awfully hope Tonks and Lupin hook up, and Harry and Ginny, tottally.

Poring
07-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey wait a minute, don't you think Dumbledore could talk to Harry through the portrait that they made after he died? I mean, that one dead guy from the Black family could talk to Harry through his portrait with his memories/personality/knowledge intact. I guess that could apply with Dumbledore as well.

Leman
07-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey wait a minute, don't you think Dumbledore could talk to Harry through the portrait that they made after he died? I mean, that one dead guy from the Black family could talk to Harry through his portrait with his memories/personality/knowledge intact. I guess that could apply with Dumbledore as well.

I thought that would happen, and that is how he will learn how find the rest oof the horcruxes, but it will prolly burn down in some fire.

@EspeonSun: gealous is spelled "Jealous". Had to point that out srry.

EspeonSun
07-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I suppose it would work, but Harry must not forget the Dumbledore, is in fact, dead. I'm really getting excited about the book though, I'm starting to think up theries of what might happen. Also, I'm really itching to make a Harry Potter fanfiction, you think it would be an okay idea?

EDIT: Easy mistake, I was kinda in a hurry... I was missing my favorite show. See how much you people mean to me??

socialcrawl
07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I suppose it would work, but Harry must not forget the Dumbledore, is in fact, dead. I'm really getting excited about the book though, I'm starting to think up theries of what might happen. Also, I'm really itching to make a Harry Potter fanfiction, you think it would be an okay idea?

EDIT: Easy mistake, I was kinda in a hurry... I was missing my favorite show. See how much you people mean to me??
i cant wait for this

Leman
07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
The fifth movie comes out tomorrow. Who will go and see it? I will, eventually.

EspeonSun
07-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I will, maybe next week though. I can't wait though, (I'm a natural HP freak... *_*)

AshMistyMayfan
07-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Are the Harry Potter movies one book series behind, or is it 2? Is this the 5th movie? I have heard the 7th book title is coming soon, think they'll finish up the 7-chapter movie with the same actors if they follow the book format, or is this the last movie? I don't know if this will help it make the 6th movie or not, not sure on how the plotline is.

EspeonSun
07-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Are the Harry Potter movies one book series behind, or is it 2? Is this the 5th movie? I have heard the 7th book title is coming soon, think they'll finish up the 7-chapter movie with the same actors if they follow the book format, or is this the last movie? I don't know if this will help it make the 6th movie or not, not sure on how the plotline is.

OMG! I had to read your post like 5 times to make sure I got everything...

Okay, the 7th book is called, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, (Just to make sure you know that) It's coming out on the 21st, (Next Satuday)

The movies are 1 book behind, (Not counting the 7th one)

They are infact, making all of them. (They're making the script as we speak) Hey, on the mid-night screening, in total, made a total of 12M dollars!

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Meh. I pre-ordered it for my birthday! :D

Anyway. . . I hope Harry dies. I've heard many rumors going around the entirety of the internet and they all include Harry dying in some fashion. Ah well. . .

Probably won't be the best one; the concluding book in a series is never good. . .
except in Erin Hunter's Warriors! ^o^

~ *Kayden

Lady of Carribean
07-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Two main people will die?

I hope it's not Harry Potter or Ron Weasley. I hope it's Cho Chang or Snape :oops:
Dumbledore is died in 6th book, and Sirius Black died in 5th book. Too bad!

EspeonSun
07-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Honestly, I really don't expect Harry to die, and I'll actually, really, start crying. Although, I hope it's Snape and Draco.

Hey, it'll be really something when Ron and Hermione get together. AND they will, as I listed in a previous post. If they don't I'll be sad. I bet J.K will do something brilliant to confess to eachother. It's going to be great... I can't wait!!!

Volcanflame
07-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Honestly, I really don't expect Harry to die, and I'll actually, really, start crying. Although, I hope it's Snape and Draco.

Hey, it'll be really something when Ron and Hermione get together. AND they will, as I listed in a previous post. If they don't I'll be sad. I bet J.K will do something brilliant to confess to eachother. It's going to be great... I can't wait!!!
I don't care if Harry dies or not, but hey, he deserves it, JK :p

[Off]
I watched OoTP yesterday and it sucks, IMO.

-Volcan-

AshMistyMayfan
07-12-2007, 07:32 PM
OMG! I had to read your post like 5 times to make sure I got everything...

Okay, the 7th book is called, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, (Just to make sure you know that) It's coming out on the 21st, (Next Satuday)

The movies are 1 book behind, (Not counting the 7th one)

They are infact, making all of them. (They're making the script as we speak) Hey, on the mid-night screening, in total, made a total of 12M dollars!

OK, it's fairly certain they'll make all 7 movies from the 7 Harry Potter books. That'll be something to have the same group of actors, but I think it might work. I thought the movie was like one book behind, but wasn't certain. Guess they're starting on movie 6 for I hear just about when the movies come out, they're working on the next one so I guess movie 6 comes out either next summer or 2 years from now.

Just Leo
07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm going to see OoTP in a bit. xD I can't wait.

Ron and Hermine will get togethor no doubt. Harry and Ginny won't, I think Harry made that clear in the sixth book. :/ Harry will defitly die and maybe Snape [if he's good, which he's not] or Voldemort.

Just my therioes/ two cents.

DratiniLover
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM

I can't wait for it to come out either! I'm not sure whether or not they will get back together, but we'll find out in the last Harry Potter book! ;D

Poring
07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Two main people will die?

I hope it's not Harry Potter or Ron Weasley. I hope it's Cho Chang or Snape :oops:
Dumbledore is died in 6th book, and Sirius Black died in 5th book. Too bad!

Cho Chang isn't a main character anymore. She was dumped way back in the 5th book. Speaking of that, the movie skipped the part where Harry took Cho to that tea place. And Cho's friend was the one who squealed about DA in the book, but it was Cho is the movie.

I watched the movie yesterday, and I must say they skipped a lot of events. I'm glad it wasn't as packed as I thought it would be, though.

Anyway, I'm thinking one major protagonist will have to die. Maybe Neville will die killing Bellatrix. That would be good. Or maybe Ron will die because he just sucks. *puts up shield* I'M JUST KIDDING, RON-FANS!

By the way, people are taking this way too seriously. I went to Barnes and Noble a week or so ago, and there were BOOKS that about Snape. And there are also books speculating who's going to die, who's going to live, who's going to explode, who's an alien in disguise, who's going to marry and have kids... Well, not really for the latter three. Although, I am serious about how much hype is going around about the final book. They should just find out when it comes out.

EspeonSun
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, you see, hard core HP fans are upbeat and can't wait. I know I'm one of them. I'm counting down the days till release. It's going to be so excelent! MY GOSH! I'm like the only kid in my class who actually read all the books, I've even read them multiple times! I'm at the Chamber of Secrets now, I'm almost done, then I'm reading the 4th and the 5th, (I already read the 3rd and 6th), last week I think...

guy5
07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I've read books 1-5. Haven't read book 6 yet.

EspeonSun
07-12-2007, 11:31 PM
*Gasps* Go! Now!! Read it!!! Totally excelent, but I highly suggest not reading the other pages, they have spoilers

Nick_Roge
07-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Or reading this (it's for the other members who have read the sixth book)(highlight to read):
Now I know in the sixth book Snape kills Dumbledore. I've heard contreversy that snape is a double agent against Voldermort. How could this be possible? I mean, he just killed possibly the best wizard in the world, not to mention he is the headmaster at Hogwarts!

P.S.: I just saw the fifth movie, it wasn't as good as I expected but it was cool none the less. I give it 3.5/5 stars.

EspeonSun
07-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Let me explain the idea I have in my head,

Snape, he was once in deep with the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord correct? Once he knew Volde was gone, (due to Harry) he rushed to Dumbledore and so on. So when he knew Volde was back, I think Dumbledore told Snape to go back to the Death EAters and such, to help the Order.

In other words, somehow, someway, Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him, once Snape had told him what the Dark Lord had Draco do. So it wouldn't seem weird that Snape didn't kill Dumbledore. I think there's more to it but that's the general idea

Blue-
07-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Well, you see, hard core HP fans are upbeat and can't wait. I know I'm one of them. I'm counting down the days till release. It's going to be so excelent! MY GOSH! I'm like the only kid in my class who actually read all the books, I've even read them multiple times! I'm at the Chamber of Secrets now, I'm almost done, then I'm reading the 4th and the 5th, (I already read the 3rd and 6th), last week I think...
Oh my god, I'm the same way!! xD AND I'm re-reading CoS! What a coincidence.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 06:47 PM
LOL I finished it yesterday. I'm going to read GoF now.

I watched the new movie yesterday too, it was pretty good. They cut out a lot though. But the special effects were great. I'm just hanging out till next Saturday though

Charbok
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Book 5 ruined the series for me.
The movie was even worse sadly. I didn't like the movie and the book bored me.

Furyflame
07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Book 5 ruined the series for me.
The movie was even worse sadly. I didn't like the movie and the book bored me.
I skimmed through book five to save me the pain.

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm going to see the movie later today and I'm getting nd reading the book no matter what.

In the seventh book I hope Snape dies, I hope Ron and Heromine live, they are a good couple :P.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
OMG, how could you say that? You've gotta expect that someone's going to die, although, in the movie they showed an even bigger connection between Sirius and Harry so it was kind of heartbreaking.

EDIT: I really do hope Snape dies, he killed Dumbledore!!! But, I hope the trio doesn't die

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm looking forward to the big might in that Wizard place

The name escapes me.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Erm, okay... Hey, people are saying that the HP ending is going to be sad... Click here (http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=3&id=1091272007)

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
The ending is gonna be sad there is no doubt about that.

I wonder what will happen to Voldy, and who had the initials on the note in the last book.

Charbok
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I hope that parrot boy and filch team up as the greatest wizarding team ever.
Everyone knows that filch is the most powerful wizard ever.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:14 PM
How could it be Voldy if his initials are T.M.R? As for Tom Marvlo Riddle?
I think it's Reglus Black you know, R.A.B?

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I ment I wonder who were the initials were and who was Voldy hunting before, for his horcruxes.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh, okay... But still, I have no intention of having the trio die, I'd be too sad... So will Ginny ;_;

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Thats another person I hope that doesn't die, but since she was close to dieing before...

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I know, hey, the 6th book took me by surprise, I never thought Harry and Ginny would go out until I read that one...

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
To bad it couldn't of had lasted longer...

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
My point exactly, I would of loved it, (for I am a sucker for that kinda stuff). It would have been brilliantly mastered, but I seriously can't wait to see if they get back together

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Well atleast if they both live .-.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, and I'm sure they will. I hope Hermione and Ron live through it too...

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Ron and Heromine are my favorite, I think Ron's dad will die though.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 07:59 PM
'Course, and Percy too, I hate him, that stuck-up, dumb-boy. I hope Voldy gets to him...

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Percy seemed nice in the first movei but after that he turned like stuck-up and mean.

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Percy made me so mad when he sent Ron that letter in the 5th book, I think, about how he should stay away from Harry. It got me in a bad mood from hours.

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I guess he thought it would be the best for Ron...

EspeonSun
07-14-2007, 08:11 PM
AS Ron said, he's a git. I'm never, ever going to feel sorry for him...

Stinky
07-15-2007, 12:31 AM
I think Phlegm (Fleur) and Percy should die. Fleur's just so annoying, it would be funny to see Bill go werewolf on her at the wedding, and turn her into a werewolf, or kill her.

EspeonSun
07-15-2007, 12:36 AM
But remember, Lupin said he wouldn't be a full werewolf. But, I think Lupin and Snape or Snape and Draco will die. But, I honestly hope the trio doesn't, possibly Hagrid, I'm not sure who will though

Stinky
07-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Fine, I'll just have to think of another way to kill off Phlegm. I hope Lupin doesn't die. He's such a great character. ^.^ I was hoping that he would stay at Hogwarts, but nope.

I would be fine if McGonnagle (Or however you spell it) dies. I never liked her.

Poring
07-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Someone in the Hermione/Harry/Ron trio has to die. I'm thinking Ron should die trying to protect Harry and Hermione, except that would be kind of cliche. Oh, and Neville should also die making some sort of heroic sacrifice. He's always been the secondary character nobody cares about. And Percy could try to gain his honor back by commiting seppuku or something.

Roy G Biv
07-15-2007, 12:45 AM
It's hard to imagine Percy having enough honor to commit samurai suicide. He is such a, well, butt-kisser... I think Hagrid will die, I don't want it to happen but that's what I think will happen.

Poring
07-15-2007, 12:47 AM
It's hard to imagine Percy having enough honor to commit samurai suicide. He is such a, well, butt-kisser... I think Hagrid will die, I don't want it to happen but that's what I think will happen.

Maybe Hagrid will lead an army of giants against an army of death eaters. That might be a bad idea though, because then there might be a slow-motion Hagrid death montage of his life flashing before his eyes in the movie.

Roy G Biv
07-15-2007, 12:49 AM
lol yeah, it would zoom in on Hagrid's eyes and some memorable scenes would flash in his pupils. Oh well, guess I've got to wait till midnight in 7 days to find out.

EspeonSun
07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Well, Harry's awsome; Ron's a dork, (But he's still great); Hermione reminds me of well, me; and Ginny's cool, she's like my alter ego. But um yeah... I hope none of them die... Although, Lupin kinda has a strong connection with Harry too so I hope he doesn't die.

Roy G Biv
07-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Oh and Sirius and Neville's parent's will make a very dramatic and timely enterence. I also think Malfoy will change his mind about Voldy and team up with Harry, also in a timely manner.

Poring
07-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh and Sirius and Neville's parent's will make a very dramatic and timely enterence. I also think Malfoy will change his mind about Voldy and team up with Harry, also in a timely manner.

That could be possible, but I think Neville's parents are going to be mentally disabled for the rest of their lives.

About Sirius, what the heck happened to him? I didn't get what happened to him in the Department of Mysteries when he fell behind the veil. The movie didn't help me understand it any better, either.

Roy G Biv
07-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Of course it's a mystery veil of doom! What else would it be? Yeah, I didn't get that either...

Poring
07-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Maybe it's a gateway to the spirit world. Then it will be just like in DBZ, and Sirius will perform a fusion dance with Lupin. It will be a big face-off and Voldemort's going to be like Baby from Dragonball. Harry will Kamehameha them all, and Draco's power level will be over nine thousand. Most epic Harry Potter ever.

Roy G Biv
07-15-2007, 01:00 AM
XD Nice... The Spirit World thing could make sense though, do you mind if I quote that in my sig?

EspeonSun
07-15-2007, 01:00 AM
I think I can explain that... (At least, this is how I thought it was when I read the book)

I thought the veil was a sort of pit thing. If you fall in you're lost forever yes? So he fell in and died, it's as easy as that. (At least I think...)

But in the movie, Sirius died by Bellitrix doing Adava Kedavra on him, so he died in an instant, then falling into the veil, his body dissappearing forever.

Poring
07-15-2007, 01:04 AM
XD Nice... The Spirit World thing could make sense though, do you mind if I quote that in my sig?

No, I don't mind. That would be the first time I was sig'd, so I encourage you to. <_<

I think I can explain that... (At least, this is how I thought it was when I read the book)

I thought the veil was a sort of pit thing. If you fall in you're lost forever yes? So he fell in and died, it's as easy as that. (At least I think...)

But in the movie, Sirius died by Bellitrix doing Adava Kedavra on him, so he died in an instant, then falling into the veil, his body dissappearing forever.

I guess that does make sense. However, what's with those voices from behind the veil? Just a creepy added effect that doesn't make any difference in the plot at all?

Nitro
07-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Probably Harry will find the rest of the Horcruxes, possibly with help as to shorten the story, and Voldemort and maybe Harry Potter himself will die. Also, I think that Dumbledore MIGHT come back (I said MIGHT, not FOR SURE) and help Harry fight Voldemort. Just a thought.

EspeonSun
07-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Erm... the voices of dead people, and I would say that it would be a sort of a dead people world thing going on there just like you said. And I guess because Harry and Luna had experienced death they would hear the voices of their loved ones?

Stinky
07-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Maybe it's a gateway to the spirit world. Then it will be just like in DBZ, and Sirius will perform a fusion dance with Lupin. It will be a big face-off and Voldemort's going to be like Baby from Dragonball. Harry will Kamehameha them all, and Draco's power level will be over nine thousand. Most epic Harry Potter ever.

xD I'm putting that in my sig.

...Maybe Neville's going to die. He has gotten slightly more into the spotlight since the 5th book. Or maybe he's going to end up in Mungo's...

xDesires-Lovex
07-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Harry doesn't die. I'm 99% sure and we know it.

JK Rowling di a interveiw saying I doubt i will write anymore books in the world of harry and hogwarts, but If I ever wanted to, it's allways their.

Meaning that she can always revisit Harry's world.

Lusitania
07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Okay, with qouting tons of people, this Harry Potter geek has something to say.

I don't know. I think Harry's scar is the last Horcrux.
The 2 people dying are probably Ron and Voldemort. Instead of Voldemort, Harry maybe.
Only time will tell.

Harry won't die, it would be a terrible thing. Look at the Sherlock Holmes series. He got killed off, and the author's other books wouldn't be read.

I hope Voldy dies and Dumbledore makes a strange comeback.:happy:
I also want Sirius back.

Sirius, I don't think he actually died. He fell through the curtain after being hit by a Stupefy. The curtain, I think is a portail the way to the afterlife. Dumbledore's Avada Kadavra was very weird, being thrown up into the air, not crumpling to the ground was weird.

I don't know, I'll be too busy crying at Books-a-Million when it comes out to read it. ;_;

Honestly, though, I think Voldemort will die, not Harry. Though it would make a very memorable ending, after six books of growing as a character and a person, it would be extremely abrupt. I do think that one of the other characters, maybe Neville, Luna, Chao, Ginny...will die.
Why would JK Rowling kill off Cameo rolls, no point. Ginny maybe, Luna, Cho have no roll at all left since Harry got over Cho, and Luna doesn't have anything left to do, after the D.A.
Probably Harry will find the rest of the Horcruxes, possibly with help as to shorten the story, and Voldemort and maybe Harry Potter himself will die. Also, I think that Dumbledore MIGHT come back (I said MIGHT, not FOR SURE) and help Harry fight Voldemort. Just a thought.

No, Harry won't die. And, even though Dumbledore's Avada Kadavra was weird, he dead, not coming back. As J. K. Rowling writes.

And knowing, without knowing how, the Phoenix had left Hogwarts forever. Just as Dumbledore had left, had left the world, had left Harry.

The phoenix wouldn't leave unless his owner died, or ordered him to. Dumbledore was at the bottom of the tower when Fawkes left. Thus showing Dumbledore has left the world, has left Harry.
Erm... the voices of dead people, and I would say that it would be a sort of a dead people world thing going on there just like you said. And I guess because Harry and Luna had experienced death they would hear the voices of their loved ones?

Yes, the same way with the Thestrals, they can here the ones that they loved.

But I think that the curtain is the portal to the afterlife.
xD I'm putting that in my sig.

...Maybe Neville's going to die. He has gotten slightly more into the spotlight since the 5th book. Or maybe he's going to end up in Mungo's...

No, I don't think so, because, Neville would hate to lose against Bellatrixe, also he would let Harry down, for Belletrixe (suposedly) killed Sirius, Belletrix thinks so as she said in the movie:

I killed Sirius Black!

And in the book:

Did you love him, little baby Potter.

Saying did in the in the past tense, instead of do in the present tense, showing that she thought she killed him.

There, alot of qoutes. Sorry for all of the qoutes. I'll bring more questions soon.

Draconic_Espeon
07-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Wouldn't it just be funny if the Prophecy actually meant Neville, and he ends up fighting Voldemort? That's my mom's theory.

Someone said something about Malfoy... I read a fanfiction where Malfoy was forced into being a Death Eater because Voldemort threatens to kill his mum. Of course, he needs Malfoy to kill Dumbledore because he was the only person inside Hogwarts he had access to. So, yeah, that could be why... There was more stuff in the fanfiction to make it more angsty, of course, like the fact that Malfoy loves Hermione but will be forced to kill her as part of his initiation into the Death Eaters. Sometimes, Hermione/Draco is a good pairing.

I'm honestly not sure about Snape, though. That whole sequence where Dumbledore died seemed to have too many variables. With all the stuff with Polyjuice Potion and whatnot, there's no way of telling who really did the killing and who really died. :/

The sixth book seemed so confusing... -.- I really don't have much in the way of predictions.

AshMistyMayfan
07-16-2007, 06:38 AM
To me, if something comes to an end like the Harry Potter books, it seems so wrong to even THINK of killing the main character. There should be something like Harry graduates from the academy.

Dark_Umbreon
07-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Some people have been uploading images of the U.S. book which has already been distributed to U.S. retailers and libraries. The U.S. librarians were yesterday given permission to open the boxes for catalogueing and straight away these images came up on the internet.

They show-
- The chapter title lists- There are 26 chapters
- A random page
- The epilogue ending

So anyway, here's a link to the site showing the images and the first chapter opening which The Guardian newspaper unveiled yesterday. Like me, if you do not wish to have the book spoiled don't click this link -

>-MAJOR SPOILER ALERT AT FOLLOWING LINK-<

http://havetoremember.wordpress.com/2007/07/15/deathly-hallows-opening-chapter-possible-leak/

Poring
07-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Some people have been uploading images of the U.S. book which has already been distributed to U.S. retailers and libraries. The U.S. librarians were yesterday given permission to open the boxes for catalogueing and straight away these images came up on the internet.

They show-
- The chapter title lists- There are 26 chapters
- A random page
- The epilogue ending

So anyway, here's a link to the site showing the images and the first chapter opening which The Guardian newspaper unveiled yesterday. Like me, if you do not wish to have the book spoiled don't click this link -

>-MAJOR SPOILER ALERT AT FOLLOWING LINK-<

http://havetoremember.wordpress.com/2007/07/15/deathly-hallows-opening-chapter-possible-leak/

How'd you find that?! I read the supposed chapter names, but I didn't dare to read the epilogue and the random page. The chapter names are enough spoilers for me. So, it seems that Luna will play some part in the book. Of course, that's assuming that these leaks are real.

c-wooper
07-18-2007, 04:28 PM
I am not a very good Harry fan, but I think that Harry and Hermonie will both die because of their secret love.

Harry and hermoine have no secret love. They are just friends.

I hope harry dies because if he does, after I go see the 7th movie, everyone will come out of the theatre crying...and I'll just be laughing. :P

Lusitania
07-18-2007, 09:12 PM
To me, if something comes to an end like the Harry Potter books, it seems so wrong to even THINK of killing the main character. There should be something like Harry graduates from the academy.

How come all the words Harry and Potter are somehow bolded? Harry : didn't bold it

Potter: didn't bold it

7: Is it bolded.

For some reason, they were bolded before. Anyone know why ? I don't >:'''O

Zappy
07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't know if anyone has ever posted these theories, but here's mine on the death of Dumbledore:

It is possibile that Snape just yelled Avada Kadvara while he really casted a different spell without saying the words.

Evidence: In all the books except for the first 2 they are practicing Non-Vocal spells in the D.A. they practice them also.
Another theory:

After Harry chases Snape around and bellowes Curses left and right Snape blocks them all without uttering a word. An accplished wizard like Dumbledore could've blocked that and landed where he did on purpose used a touch of Transifiguration to create a mangled dead body, hood winked the office to thinking he was dead, and then before this happened telling Fawkes to leave when he needed to. After all if the Goblet of Fire could've been hoodwinked why not the office?
More Theories:

The Wormtail Theory: It will ultimately be Wormtail who saves Harry in the end becuase he brought upon himself a debt, and a debt in the wizarding world is different than a debt in the regular world. He's (Wormtail) always been right there next to the Dark Lord's side he would've heard something about the Hocruxes possibily even how to remove them from the object without destroying the object or killing the person.

The Gleam of Trimuph Theory: And for a split second as he told he this he noticed a Gleam of Trimuph in Dumbldore's eyes. J.K.R herself has said that this is enormously signifiant. I am speaking of when Harry tells Dumbledore of the Graveyard scene where Voldemort puts Harry's blood in himself so he can touch him, unfourtanetly for him he overlooked the power of love again! Voldemort cannot love, he can only hate, in the fith book when he tries to posses Harry he goes into agonizing pain and now he carries the love that "killed" him so many years ago, Lily's love, in his own blood stream. He has ultimately brought on his demise by.

I also want to discuss the Priori Incatem with everyone so discuss. Did Voldemort kidnap Ollivander for a new wand to stop Prior Incantem from happening again, or to ultimately stop his enemies weapon manufacturing?

Flammenwerfer
07-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Heres what think'll happen:
Hagrid kills Voldemorte with that baby dragon he had before;Scabbers kills Malfoy with Fury Swipes;Harry gets killed by the owl;Hermoine kills Ron because he said something bad about her while she had PMS;Dumbledore makes a comeback using his Mustache Power like he did in the Simpsons!;The book begins with people playing Sudoku!

I'm Serious.

Loyal Arcanine
07-18-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't know if anyone has ever posted these theories, but here's mine on the death of Dumbledore:

It is possibile that Snape just yelled Avada Kadvara while he really casted a different spell without saying the words.

Evidence: In all the books except for the first 2 they are practicing Non-Vocal spells in the D.A. they practice them also.
That's a possibility, no evidence.
Another theory:

After Harry chases Snape around and bellowes Curses left and right Snape blocks them all without uttering a word. An accplished wizard like Dumbledore could've blocked that
No, he could not have, since he used that split second he needed to paralyze Harry with a non-vocal spell.

The Wormtail Theory: It will ultimately be Wormtail who saves Harry in the end becuase he brought upon himself a debt, and a debt in the wizarding world is different than a debt in the regular world. He's (Wormtail) always been right there next to the Dark Lord's side he would've heard something about the Hocruxes possibily even how to remove them from the object without destroying the object or killing the person.

The Gleam of Trimuph Theory: And for a split second as he told he this he noticed a Gleam of Trimuph in Dumbldore's eyes. J.K.R herself has said that this is enormously signifiant. I am speaking of when Harry tells Dumbledore of the Graveyard scene where Voldemort puts Harry's blood in himself so he can touch him, unfourtanetly for him he overlooked the power of love again! Voldemort cannot love, he can only hate, in the fith book when he tries to posses Harry he goes into agonizing pain and now he carries the love that "killed" him so many years ago, Lily's love, in his own blood stream. He has ultimately brought on his demise by.

I also want to discuss the Priori Incatem with everyone so discuss. Did Voldemort kidnap Ollivander for a new wand to stop Prior Incantem from happening again, or to ultimately stop his enemies weapon manufacturing?
Interesting points.

Zappy
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM
That's a possibility, no evidence.

No, he could not have, since he used that split second he needed to paralyze Harry with a non-vocal spell.

Interesting points.
Possibiliteis:
1) Harry will kill Voldemort with a Wandless curse to stop Priori Incantem.
2) Voldemort will gain a new wand. (J.K.R left a hint to this: Ron's wand snaps in the second book) in the third he has a brand new one.)
3) The two most powerful wizards currently in the world, Snape and Voldemort, will duel and Snape realizing that he cannot win will try cast a spell to sacfrice both of them, but Harry will intevene saving Snape's life and repaying the debt he owes him for saving him on the out of control broom in book one. Unfourtanetly this also means that Voldemort will survive making Harry and his friends be forced to deal with him...

bballfan
07-18-2007, 11:45 PM
harry potter shoulkd not die. he should live and be the top wizard!!!

Zappy
07-18-2007, 11:48 PM
He may die though.

Anala
07-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Harry and hermoine have no secret love. They are just friends.

I hope harry dies because if he does, after I go see the 7th movie, everyone will come out of the theatre crying...and I'll just be laughing. :P
Oh my gosh.... that is one of the funniest things I've ever read. But no, I don't think Harry will die. I do think, however, that he will not go to Hogwarts for his last year. That's just my opinion, though.

Zappy
07-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Oh my gosh.... that is one of the funniest things I've ever read. But no, I don't think Harry will die. I do think, however, that he will not go to Hogwarts for his last year. That's just my opinion, though.

Ahh a smart one. No Harry will not attend Hogwarts for his last year he will be destroying the Horcruxes, 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% sure of it.

Spriting Queen
07-19-2007, 12:28 AM
I am really excited for Deathly Hallows. I do not think Harry will die as it says in the prophecy "Neither can live while the other survives" My and my mom are going to Barnes & Nobles at midnight to get the book. :) J.K. Rowling has said that:
Two main characters will die
Viktor Krum will return
There was a reason that Sirius Black died.
There will be no Quidditch matches
Harry will go to Bill & Fleur's wedding
Ron and Hermione will accompany Harry to Godric Hallow

EspeonSun
07-19-2007, 03:11 AM
It's going to be funny, when Ron sees Krum and Hermione together, I think they will express their feelings of each other then. I bet it's going to be laugh-out-loud funny.

I'm re-reading the HP books, I'm on the 5th one now.

Oh yeah! I bought the HP Books Hardcover, in a pack and it costed me about $160 my dad said it's my birthday present. MY nerves are starting to get the better of me...

LS
07-19-2007, 03:55 AM
3... Days.. left.... Im waking up early to buy it. *doubts he'll wake*

bballfan
07-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Possibiliteis:
1) Harry will kill Voldemort with a Wandless curse to stop Priori Incantem.
2) Voldemort will gain a new wand. (J.K.R left a hint to this: Ron's wand snaps in the second book) in the third he has a brand new one.)
3) The two most powerful wizards currently in the world, Snape and Voldemort, will duel and Snape realizing that he cannot win will try cast a spell to sacfrice both of them, but Harry will intevene saving Snape's life and repaying the debt he owes him for saving him on the out of control broom in book one. Unfourtanetly this also means that Voldemort will survive making Harry and his friends be forced to deal with him...

dude your stupid SNAPE the best ya right only harry and nevville should fight him off since the profice said that the single born with both parents dead and died for wat they belived in the son/duaghter would fight voldemort.
ha!!!!!!!

c-wooper
07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Heres what think'll happen:
Hagrid kills Voldemorte with that baby dragon he had before;Scabbers kills Malfoy with Fury Swipes;Harry gets killed by the owl;Hermoine kills Ron because he said something bad about her while she had PMS;Dumbledore makes a comeback using his Mustache Power like he did in the Simpsons!;The book begins with people playing Sudoku!

I'm Serious.

If that happens...........JKR will be in trouble.

Charbok
07-19-2007, 09:04 PM
What actually happens in the greatest wizard ever (Filch) kills parrot boy (harry) because he's a trouble maker and breaks the rules too much. Then Filch marries Hermoine and they live happily ever after.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is the 100% truth.

c-wooper
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
What actually happens in the greatest wizard ever (Filch) kills parrot boy (harry) because he's a trouble maker and breaks the rules too much. Then Filch marries Hermoine and they live happily ever after.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is the 100% truth.

aww man....you spoiled it for me.:susp:

Charbok
07-19-2007, 09:10 PM

Sorry, I've got to learn to lie about things like this...

Poring
07-19-2007, 09:14 PM
No, what really happens is Harry contracts a horrible disease. He's dead by chapter 5. The rest of the book is about Hagrid and his mid-life crisis.

Charbok
07-19-2007, 09:16 PM
No, what really happens is Harry contracts a horrible disease. He's dead by chapter 5. The rest of the book is about Hagrid and his mid-life crisis.

But Filch has to be in there somewhere, he's the most powerful wizard ever!

Poring
07-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Filch is a side character after he's revealed to be Hagrid's father. They live together for some time, and then Hagrid lets himself go by eating fried chicken and raspberry pudding. The last chapter is when Hagrid buys a Ferrari and marries Hermione.

Charbok
07-19-2007, 09:22 PM
[possible spoilers]Burbage dies on pg. 12
Hedwig dies on pg. 56
Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
Scrimgeour dies on pg. 159
Wormtail dies on pg. 471
Dobby dies on pg. 476
Snape dies on pg. 658
Fred Weasley dies on pg. 637
Harry gets killed up by Voldemort on pg. 704
but comes back to life on pg. 724
Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their
deaths confirmed on pg. 743 [/possible spoilers]

Just a bunch of crap I got from the interweb.
Apparently there are a few copies of the book that got "free" and people are begging the owners of them not to spoil the ending. This is one of the rumored "endings"

Poring
07-19-2007, 09:25 PM
That sounds kind of fake. I don't even know who Burbage and Scrimgeour are. <_< Random Death Eaters who no one care about?

Lord Voldemort
07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
That sounds kind of fake. I don't even know who Burbage and Scrimgeour are. <_< Random Death Eaters who no one care about?

Who the hell is Burbage?
But if you don't know who Scrimgeour is, you'd best go to a Harry Potter 6 Thread.
He's the mew Minister of Magic, after Fudge resigned.

Poring
07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Who the hell is Burbage?
But if you don't know who Scrimgeour is, you'd best go to a Harry Potter 6 Thread.
He's the mew Minister of Magic, after Fudge resigned.

I thought the new MoM's name was Rufus. Or is Scrimgeour his last name?

Shozuka
07-19-2007, 10:26 PM

LOL! He was joking.

EspeonSun
07-19-2007, 10:43 PM
LOL, this stuff is probably a bunch of rubish, hey, could you give me the website? I could use a laugh. But, anyways, yeah, it's going to be a bunch of made up stuff.

Yo, my friend said that Harry's going to die, then Fawks is going to go into the after-life and bring Harry back to life. It sounds pretty stupid huh?

c-wooper
07-20-2007, 04:11 PM
But Filch has to be in there somewhere, he's the most powerful wizard ever!

Actually JKR said that there would be a squib that would learn to do magic late in his life...its filch

LOL! He was joking.

Yeah, and so was I.:tongue:

Stinky
07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow guys. I ordered my book from Barnes & Noble, and I checked to see if it shipped yet. This is the most recent log from UPS.

07/20/2007 10:14 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO FINAL DESTINATION

So if UPS screws up, I'll get my HP book earlier than anyone else! If I do get it, I popst of picture of it.

*goes to look ouot window to see if UPS truck is coming*

Volkner
07-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm just a few hours away from the release. I already got an advanced order. Im dying to know what happens to Harry and his friends. Ive heard rumors Harry is is the last Horcux but I doubt this is true.

LS
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
IM going to the nearest book store tomorrow and hope they have enough copies. XD

RET412
07-20-2007, 09:29 PM
ive heard rumors that the school blows up and everyone dies O_o. i dont know if its true.

Starmie
07-21-2007, 01:51 AM
I got it at 9am today which is the time it was released in my city.

I know there already is a Harry Potter thread but I was justr curious to know how many people bought it.

charmeleonblaze
07-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Harry dying would completely ruin the book. I'm so tired of the main characters dying in so many books and movies.

Just Leo
07-21-2007, 02:34 AM
JKR said two main chara's will die. Has to be Harry and Voldemort. :/

Sorry, Blaze. :/

It might not be true, but I think it is.

My dad says Snape will save harry from dieing and Harry will live. [The two dieing here; Snape and Voldemort] Sounds like rubbish to me since I think Snape is a foe. :/

JohtoTrainer
07-21-2007, 04:37 AM
I got it at 12 AM here. Bought it for my girlfriend.

Yggdrasill
07-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm ordering it from the Internet. A lot cheaper, and I'm not really in that much of a rush to read it.

-Mitsuko Is Really Bored-
07-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Burbage dies on pg. 12
Hedwig dies on pg. 56
Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
Wormtail dies on pg. 471
Dobby dies on pg. 476
Snape dies on pg. 658
Harry gets killed up by Voldemort on pg. 704
but comes back to life on pg. 724

EDIT:

Oh, and Voldy dies too, duh.

It's a dumb ending, anyways.
Harry and Ginny have 3 kids, Ron and Hermoine have 2, and Draco has one. x__x

Yggdrasill
07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I was watching a program last night which commented on how it would be funny if Harry defeated Voldemort and lived, but died on the last page from choking on a peanut. =P

Willdudebotdood
07-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, my dad's GOT IT! PM me if you want spoilers (probably no-one will want any but just in case)

Willdudebotdood
07-21-2007, 11:32 AM
I got it at midnight when it came out:tongue:

Volcanflame
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Got it, I have read half of the book actually :tongue:

-Volcan-

Volcanflame
07-21-2007, 12:36 PM
*Spoiler WARNING!*

I really appreciate Dudley and Kreacher now, since they become kind to Harry :D

But ... why Hedwig!? DX

Hightlight to see.

-Volcan-

charmeleonblaze
07-21-2007, 02:50 PM
JKR said two main chara's will die. Has to be Harry and Voldemort. :/

Sorry, Blaze. :/

It might not be true, but I think it is.

My dad says Snape will save harry from dieing and Harry will live. [The two dieing here; Snape and Voldemort] Sounds like rubbish to me since I think Snape is a foe. :/

It syas in the 5th movie that 1 will die, while the other survives, or something like that. And it's obviously talking about Harry and Voldemort, so Harry will probably live.

Poring
07-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Just got it today at Wal-Mart. Is $18 expensive for it? I haven't read that much... I'm only on chapter eight.

Scipio
07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Just got it today at Wal-Mart. Is $18 expensive for it? I haven't read that much... I'm only on chapter eight.

$18 dollars is a good deal! I got it, it is awesome!

Lord Voldemort
07-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Got it yesterday at Mignight, and I finished it.
I had some dissappointments though, mainly:
(Possible Spoilers, but I've read it through and it reveals nothing about anything.)
1. The last chapter,which was supposed to explain everyone's life, was quite short.
2. We didn't learn why only some people become ghosts.

Lord Voldemort
07-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Got it yesterday at Mignight, and I finished it.
How many of you will read anything J.K Rowling starts writing next, if anything. I doubt she will though :(
I had some dissappointments though, mainly:
(Possible Spoilers, but I've read it through and it reveals nothing about anything.)

SPOILERS MAY BE FOLLOWING

1. The last chapter,which was supposed to explain everyone's life, was quite short.
2. We didn't learn why only some people become ghosts.

DragoniteMistress
07-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Aw, I was so sad when J.K. killed off the first victim :( Not the woman in the very first chapter, but you know the one with Harry... And Hagrid on Sirius's motorbike... She was so innocent and sweet T.T

I'm on chapter 21 now, where Mr. Lovegood is visited by the trio and Hermione is reading the story of the three brothers. I already know who all dies though xD

Stinky
07-22-2007, 12:21 PM
W00t, my book came yesterday. I'm already on page 500, and I'm surprised at how many people have died. SPOILER: But why Dobby?

Fire Away
07-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I was reading it most of last night and I've taken a break right now. I think I've cleared about 400 pages?

Yeah. 324809324823482 people are dying. </3

Who
07-22-2007, 01:22 PM
I started yesterday morning and finished last night. Took some breaks too.

Stinky
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I just finished the book. I plan on reading it again, because I usually miss some stuff.
...This book actually wasn't as sad as the last one- I cried at Dumbledore's funeral.

Willdudebotdood
07-22-2007, 02:17 PM
I've finished it.

Lord Voldemort
07-22-2007, 03:38 PM
THIS IS A SPOILERLY POST> DO NOT READ AFTER THE SPACE AFTER THE SECOND QUOTE!

W00t, my book came yesterday. I'm already on page 500, and I'm surprised at how many people have died. SPOILER: But why Dobby?

Yes, why? I didn't want him/her/it to die :(
The Him/Her/It is to throw anyone off.

I just finished the book. I plan on reading it again, because I usually miss some stuff.
...This book actually wasn't as sad as the last one- I cried at Dumbledore's funeral.

Same here.
I wasn't actually sad that anyone died, but the fact that the series is over.
It was Harry Potter that made me like reading. I knew how to read before, but it made me like it.

SPOILERS WILL BE FOLLOWING

Damn it, so Voldemort end up dying at his own hands, thanks to a stupid Elder Wand.
I wanted Harry to like duel with him, get rid of his wand, and then kill him.
And I'm happy that Hermione and Ron lived :).

SPOILERS END HERE

EspeonSun
07-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Yo, I finished the book this morning. It was totally great. J.K most definately came up to my expectations. I knew Harry and Ginny will end up together. Although, Ron and Hermione's relationship wasn't very explained and stuff. But on my scale, the Harry Potter books score a million.

c-wooper
07-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Sounds like rubbish to me since I think Snape is a foe. :/

Snape aint no foe.

LS
07-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Im on page 386 ATM. THIS BOOK IS TOO GOOD >>

Poring
07-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Just finished it earlier today, and I must say, that book was pure win, except for the epilogue. Some Spoilers down here:
Snape was great, up until his death. His death was kind of pathetic, really. Also, earlier in this thread before the book came out, I mentioned Harry being a Horcrux. I was half-joking, and was sort of surprised when it was true... Oh, and Mrs. Weasley absolutely owned Bellatrix at the end.

Realityxxx
07-23-2007, 03:03 AM
I just bought the book and saw Order Of The Pheonix.

Stinky
07-23-2007, 11:33 AM
@Poring- I agree, Mrs. Weasley really got Bellatrix. I started laughing when she came in. xD

Marill
07-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, I must say being at one of the release parties was crazy! Everybody and their dog were dressed up like Wizards and Witches. Anyway, I have always been a fan of Harry Potter. I got "into" the series whenthe fourth book came out, and have read through halfway of the fourth book. Then college started and I was swamped with books I didn't want to read. So, anyway, I couldn't wait to see what happened to Harry and the gang, so I went to the bookstore and read the last chapter. I'm pleased. Now I want to go start where I left off to the end.

Rizaado
07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I got it a the night it came out at wal-mart (and i got all four wrist bands to :))
and for Voldy:
It explains in #5 when Harry asks Nick(the Gryffindor ghost) about sirius and if he'll ever see him again Nick says either a person justs lets his soul move on or the choose to stay behind.

Neo Emolga
07-23-2007, 03:37 PM
I saw my brother has the book. Honestly, I abandoned ship after reading Goblet of Fire. The series just felt like the same thing over and over again from book to book, but it was good for a little while.

Sceptile Frost
07-24-2007, 02:40 AM
I think the ending was somewhat pathetic. Snape dying I can see, but considering Fred, Lupin and Tonks as major characters? I would've thought that at least one of the trio would've died.

Harry should've died, I think. Because it seemed sort of an easy way out that Voldemort 'killed himself'.

But I went to a Meijers and got it, and finished it a 5:32. Pathetic really, but I had slept, so...

Cybernetic Ghost
07-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Got it opening night(went to Boarders, friends brother-in-law was at Wal-Mart, saw a shorter line, and picked copys up for us). Got home around 8 the next day(or that day, I guess) and finished it the next day, which I guess was Sunday.

Just finished it earlier today, and I must say, that book was pure win, except for the epilogue. Some Spoilers down here:
Snape was great, up until his death. His death was kind of pathetic, really. Also, earlier in this thread before the book came out, I mentioned Harry being a Horcrux. I was half-joking, and was sort of surprised when it was true... Oh, and Mrs. Weasley absolutely owned Bellatrix at the end.

Rest of post under this, contains spoilers so yeah.
The harry being a Horcrux idea has been around since book 6. I personally believed it until recently when I thought that since he was planning on using Harry's murder to MAKE a Horcrux, I didn't see why Harry would be one. Didn't suprise me at all. Lupin and Snape's deaths made me mad. Two favorite characters. Was a great book still, and probably my favorite in the series

I think the ending was somewhat pathetic. Snape dying I can see, but considering Fred, Lupin and Tonks as major characters? I would've thought that at least one of the trio would've died.

Harry should've died, I think. Because it seemed sort of an easy way out that Voldemort 'killed himself'.

But I went to a Meijers and got it, and finished it a 5:32. Pathetic really, but I had slept, so...

How are Fred, Lupin and Tonks a trio? They all know each other, but that dosn't make them a "trio" in my eyes as they didn't have much to to with each other(Fred and the other two I mean, Lupin and Tonk's were married so they were a COUPLE, but just adding another character into that dosn't=trio.)

hbmacho101
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Got it opening night(went to Boarders, friends brother-in-law was at Wal-Mart, saw a shorter line, and picked copys up for us). Got home around 8 the next day(or that day, I guess) and finished it the next day, which I guess was Sunday.

Rest of post under this, contains spoilers so yeah.
The harry being a Horcrux idea has been around since book 6. I personally believed it until recently when I thought that since he was planning on using Harry's murder to MAKE a Horcrux, I didn't see why Harry would be one. Didn't suprise me at all. Lupin and Snape's deaths made me mad. Two favorite characters. Was a great book still, and probably my favorite in the series

How are Fred, Lupin and Tonks a trio? They all know each other, but that dosn't make them a "trio" in my eyes as they didn't have much to to with each other(Fred and the other two I mean, Lupin and Tonk's were married so they were a COUPLE, but just adding another character into that dosn't=trio.)
i think he is talkin about hermione, ron, and harry

Clutch
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I saw my brother has the book. Honestly, I abandoned ship after reading Goblet of Fire. The series just felt like the same thing over and over again from book to book, but it was good for a little while.
The Goblet of Fire is actually my favorite book of all-time. KEEP READING. >:O

My dad got me the 7th book for $16 at Borders. :D

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Pssssh, yeah! Mine cost about $40 - then again, I bought it online, but still. . .

I've finished it, actually. Why Hedwig and Dobby? T.T

~ *Kayden

-Pichu Boy-
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I got it the day iot came out and finished it 2 days later. 3 words describe it:

It
was
AWESOME!!

SPOILER (DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE STILL READING THE BOOK AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS)

I can't believe Hedwig and Dobby died though :(. They were good characters. And I can't believe she killed off both Lupin AND Tonks! Now Teddy knows what Harry felt like :(

END SPOILER (HIGHLIGHT TO READ)

Gamakichi
07-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Spoilers start: Ah the irony of harry himself being a horcrux. I think that Voldemort was unaware that Harry was a horcrux, because he didn't let on when he went on the search to make sure they were all still there. <- spoiler stop.
I figured out a lot of the book as I read, and I hate doing that because it makes it less fun. It was still a great book and probably my favorite. I got it noon on saturday and finished with 18 hours of reading.

Just Leo
07-25-2007, 10:49 PM
The book, it self was great. Well written and awesome drama and suspence.

Spoiler:Don't read till you finish book!:
I couldn't belive she killed off Fred ;~; Wasn't expecting it. And that he named his son Albus Severus! Blew my mind...
Spoiler ended.

EspeonSun
07-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Honestly, I sure wish the ending was a bit better and I just can't get past that I'll never have to wait for a Potter book to come out again. I just feel horible at the thought of not having to see another adventure. It really brings me down. I sure wish the books would never end, they will always be enjoyed, forever probably.

I think it sucks that Lupin and Tonks died, Teddy was almost like Harry in a sense, I"m just wondering who would raise him, considering that Harry's still a teenager and his parents are dead...

Leman
07-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Post: I wish Fred, Dobby, Hedwig, and George's ear hadn't died. They were great characters and everyone thought they would live to the end. Though I did like how Hagrid survived :D

EspeonSun
07-26-2007, 01:03 AM
LOL I was sure Lupin was going to die, (Which he did) and Hagrid, but just as Fred or Gerorge said, it would be hard to kill him, considering he has a 16 foot half-brother....

Todd6
07-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I got the book but I have to read 6 1st.

Leman
07-26-2007, 01:09 AM
I got the book but I have to read 6 1st.

:O You should read it first. You won't understand the seventh otherwise.

EspeonSun
07-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Guess WHAT!!!! J.K has announced that she'll write an encyclopedia on Harry Potter characters!!!!! OMG OMG, I'm so happy!!! To read about it CLICK HERE!!! (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372)

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I feel really sad it's over :(

SPOILER:

I really hate Lupin AND tonks dying, now lil' teddy has no parents like harry.

the epilogue sort of raised my spirits though, though it was kind of predictable harry and ginny would get together, and so would ron and hermione. I love reading about Ron's muggle driving test :D

Well, it's over, once and for all, well I guess I still have the 2 more movies to look forward to.

END SPOILERS.

Man, over half my life was occupied by Harry Potter books, and now, a huge hunk of my life seems to of just disappeared. Like when harry lost Sirius.

Leman
07-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Guess WHAT!!!! J.K has announced that she'll write an encyclopedia on Harry Potter characters!!!!! OMG OMG, I'm so happy!!! To read about it CLICK HERE!!! (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372)

That should be interesting. I'd buy it. :P

EspeonSun
07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean, but the moment Lupin asked Harry to be godfather I knew he and Tonks were dead. But it really pains me to see that. Anyways, did you read my post before?? Come'on, a Harry Potter encyolpedia? You gotta be happy.

Dr Scott
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I dunno, it was pretty predictable ...

But, I loved it. It was intense, dramatic, etc. etc. Def. worthy of a final book, I think. Though I wish there was more like the battle of Hogwarts :o. AND I wish they put America in there, but I'm just patriotic xD.

Anyways, Spoilers.

I dunno, I wish they had Malfoy help out instead of being a whimp, and/or had Sirius come back. His death was soooo stupid, fell into a friggin' cape ;_;. And I don't like how they wrapped it up, so many questions. Who all died? Did Fred keep up the business? What do they (Harry, Ron, etc.) all do for jobs? Etc. Etc. Etc.

I doubt they'll drop it altogether, like Lord of the Rings it's a huge cash cow. If Rowling sells it to someone or something we could have a comic book or somoething about afterwards xD. Who knows. They could go through a whole 'nother book explain' about what happens after :o.

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
07-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean, but the moment Lupin asked Harry to be godfather I knew he and Tonks were dead. But it really pains me to see that. Anyways, did you read my post before?? Come'on, a Harry Potter encyolpedia? You gotta be happy.

Yeah, but I already knew that from the official Harry potter Website

www.jkrowling.com

Leman
07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Did Fred keep up the business?

Fred died. how could he keep up the buisness?

Dr Scott
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Right, GEORGE XD. One of those, I lost track of who got hurt. My favorite chara's, but I can't tell them apart.

And I guess they will explain what happened, it'd still be better to see more battles and more to the end :-/. I mean, they talk about how badass they are with Giants and Dementors, and then all of a sudden it's a butt kicking an they die xD.

EspeonSun
07-27-2007, 01:14 AM
I know, Fred's death was so sudden that it scared me.

Hey, how bout' when Molly killed Bellatrix? That was so wicked! OMG, I must of read that part at least 20 times XD

silverfrost
07-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Spoiler:

I know, Fred's death was so sudden that it scared me.

Hey, how bout' when Molly killed Bellatrix? That was so wicked! OMG, I must of read that part at least 20 times XD

/Spoiler

Argh! You should really be using spoiler tags every time you mention something about the end, as there are people lurking about this thread that haven't finished the 7th book yet... even some that haven't finished the 6th. :\

I just finished the book, and lemme just say... that was pretty exhausting. I'm both quite sad and relieved to see the HP series finally come to an end, though.

Spoilers: I suppose that I still don't quite understand how Harry survived the killing curse Voldemort used the first time... Dumbledore mentions it's because Harry still had the protective enchantment, and Voldemort contained Harry's blood within his body, therefore honing this enchantment somehow. But, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Lily's enchantment fade as soon as Harry left what he knew to be home? And then I was thinking that towards the end, the author mentions that Harry believes Hogwarts to be his true home, so could this be this reason for Lily's spell still existing?

Also, in regards to the Elder Wand- I understand that the wand backfired on Voldemort in the end because Harry was its true master and it cannot harm its true master, but... why then did it allow Voldemort to attack Harry the first time in the forest? Shouldn't it have turned on Voldemort then too?

Just Leo
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Spoiler:
If you rember, silverfrost, it did. When Harry awoke in the forest, Voldie was knocked out as well. Therefor it backfired on him also.

Hogwarts being his true home was the reason, as I see it, for Harry surviving the Killing curse a second time. xD

Pokeboy sarab
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Spoiler:
If you rember, silverfrost, it did. When Harry awoke in the forest, Voldie was knocked out as well. Therefor it backfired on him also.

Hogwarts being his true home was the reason, as I see it, for Harry surviving the Killing curse a second time. xD
Spolier

Actually he survived the curse cause the elder wand was in allegiance to him, and only killed voldemort's soul, the same reason the Cruciatus curse didn't cause him opain, the wand can't hurt its master.

silverfrost
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Spoiler:

I guess that's what I figured too, but Pokeboy Sarab brings up a good point. Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense. :l

Spoiler:So, then, I'm assuming that only Voldemort's soul was killed (and not his body) because Voldemort had Harry's blood in it, which contained Lily's enchantment? If so, then why was Voldemort killed by his own curse in the end? Wouldn't Lily's enchantment still have protected him? :/

Pokeboy sarab
07-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I guess that's what I figured too, but Pokeboy Sarab brings up a good point. Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense. :l

Spoiler:So, then, I'm assuming that only Voldemort's soul was killed (and not his body) because Voldemort had Harry's blood in it, which contained Lily's enchantment? If so, then why was Voldemort killed by his own curse in the end? Wouldn't Lily's enchantment still have protected him? :/
I think I know how to explain it

It could be that Lily's protection mattered only to Harry, and it could also be since Voldy tried to attack harry (whose blood he had) Lily's protection backfired and worked against him, also it has to do with the power of the Elder wand

I also felt sad when Hedwig died :cry: I didn't want her to. Her death made me the most sad.

Poring
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I also felt sad when Hedwig died :cry: I didn't want her to. Her death made me the most sad.

I thought Dobby's death was sad as well. "Here lies Dobby, a free elf." And even though Snape's death was extremely pathetic, his last words were touching. "Look... at... me..." I'm assuming it was because Harry had his mother's eyes.

silverfrost
07-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I think I know how to explain it

It could be that Lily's protection mattered only to Harry, and it could also be since Voldy tried to attack harry (whose blood he had) Lily's protection backfired and worked against him, also it has to do with the power of the Elder wand

That's definitely possible. Hmm..

Ah, same here. That was very sad. She was so good to Harry all those years... :(

I really thought, though, that above all of the murders and horrible things that happened, Snape's story was truly the saddest of them all. It broke my heart to know the truth about him... What a sad life! And how he still had the silver doe patronus. And this made me cry:

"But this is touching , Severus." Said Dumbledore seriously. "Have you grown fond of the boy, after all?"
"For him?" shouted Snape. "Expecto Patronum!"
From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: She landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office, and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape and his eyes were full of tears.
"After all this time?"
"Always" said Snape.

How sad :(

/spoilers

Pokeboy sarab
07-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought Dobby's death was sad as well. "Here lies Dobby, a free elf." And even though Snape's death was extremely pathetic, his last words were touching. "Look... at... me..." I'm assuming it was because Harry had his mother's eyes.

Yeah it was wasn't it.
But I think Snape might have seen it coming, seeing as he didn't try to fight Nagini, and also could be that he was too scared. Or knew it had to happen.

2wings
07-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Deathly Hallows was the IMO was the best installment of all the hp series, i reckon i was one of the very first people to read the book, finishing after 6 hours of the 12:01 release time. My favourite chaps: The flaw in the plan, Ninteen Years Later. The romance between Ron and Hermoine was expected, Harry marrying Ginny was expected, but the myth of the Hallows and Dumbledores plan was Sheer genuis. At the end of the 6th, i was shocked and even angry at Dumbledore for trusting snape, leaving Harry with such Raw info. e.t.c but at the end of the 7th, I have to conclude that Dumbledore is truly the best wizard, mind and skill and Snape, Well... i misjudged him. All in all, the book was exciting all through the chapters, not one chapter ended without something interesting happening, The drama, the suspense, the romance.. I laughed, I cried =P "Da best book eva" 'nuff said.

c-wooper
07-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I kinda have a life so I didn't take the time to get it at midnight. Instead I bought it off amazon, and it came the 23rd.

ya seriously, why hedwig?:confused:

Fire Pkmn Master
07-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I got mine about last week I think. I still have to read the Half Blood Prince before I can read this one.

--_F.P.M_--

Seawolf
07-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I did not, but my cousins did, and I am reading their copy. :D

Tamer Marco
07-27-2007, 11:32 PM
No, I tried to get it, I didn't have the $35 bucks to get it.

Ketamine
07-27-2007, 11:58 PM
I got it, $25 =)

Last week, already finished it, re-reading.

EspeonSun
07-28-2007, 12:40 AM
For me, the 6th and 7th were the best and I honestly can't choose between the two. I knew Snape was a good guy cause' he coulda killed Harry the moment Harry got there. And quite honestly after you get by him helping Harry, he is a right on a**. Well, his intentions were good though

2wings
07-28-2007, 09:26 PM
BTW whats the name of the actor that plays Hermoine? Cause she is friggin' hawt.

EspeonSun
07-28-2007, 09:40 PM
LOL, her name is Emma Watson. OMG, I can't believe Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix. It was awsome, I must of read that part like 20 times XD

AshMistyMayfan
07-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Even though the book says people will die, think they'll put it in the movie (that's like 4 years from now), or will it be rewritten due to the trauma it could cause to the kids seeing it? I think Sailor Moon was slightly rewritten at the end of season one after hearing what was happening with the characters, even I never liked the idea of the Senshi dying. I wonder if Harry Potter will go through the same thing?

Leman
07-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Even though the book says people will die, think they'll put it in the movie (that's like 4 years from now), or will it be rewritten due to the trauma it could cause to the kids seeing it? I think Sailor Moon was slightly rewritten at the end of season one after hearing what was happening with the characters, even I never liked the idea of the Senshi dying. I wonder if Harry Potter will go through the same thing?

I wouldn't see that.

EspeonSun
07-29-2007, 03:40 PM
They won't change anything. J.K Rowling has a strict deal with the company to do and follow her story and nothing different. So, I honestly say that they won't change anything.

I wonder how they're going to fit everything into the 6th movie... There's like so many important parts they can't cut out so they have to find some way of doing that. XD I hope they don't cut Harry and Ginny's kiss. That'll be fun XD

Pokeboy sarab
07-30-2007, 04:17 PM
They won't change anything. J.K Rowling has a strict deal with the company to do and follow her story and nothing different. So, I honestly say that they won't change anything.

I wonder how they're going to fit everything into the 6th movie... There's like so many important parts they can't cut out so they have to find some way of doing that. XD I hope they don't cut Harry and Ginny's kiss. That'll be fun XD
Yeah that they shouldn't cut it.

SPOILER:
They shouldn't cut Ron and Hermoine's, i also wonder how they plan to show the nineteen years later part.

c-wooper
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I hope the movie is good. If it's not 3 hours or more, its gonna suck.

FirePwnsRock
07-30-2007, 07:41 PM
LOL, her name is Emma Watson. OMG, I can't believe Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix. It was awsome, I must of read that part like 20 times XD
Ya, well she did kill try to kill her daughter.
I heard on the radio today that J.K. Rowling announced two new books! Not based on Harry, one for adults and one for children. Sorry if this is old news for ya'll but I thought it was awesome!

Draconic_Espeon
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I thought it was rather misleading that it was said that two people die. Two? Heck, five people die, not counting Hedwig. >>

EspeonSun
07-30-2007, 11:51 PM
I think they tried to throw us off there. Just to get us to be expecting something that wasn't there I'd say.

Hey, don't you think this book was a bit adult contentish? I'm not say I have complains, it's about time that happened, makes it a bit more in tune...

Oh yeah, I don't think they will cut out Ron and Hermione's snogging moment, there's just way to much build up in the movies to do that. That'll be fun to see XD

2wings
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I think they tried to throw us off there. Just to get us to be expecting something that wasn't there I'd say.

Hey, don't you think this book was a bit adult contentish? I'm not say I have complains, it's about time that happened, makes it a bit more in tune...

Oh yeah, I don't think they will cut out Ron and Hermione's snogging moment, there's just way to much build up in the movies to do that. That'll be fun to see XD

Lol yeah, the have to keep the Hermoine - Ron moment, they also have to end the movie the same way the book did, 19 years later. You think they'll keep Mrs. Weasley's line though? "NOT MY CHILDREN YOU BI***"

c-wooper
08-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I can't believe Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix. It was awsome, I must of read that part like 20 times XD

that was my favorite part in the whole series.

EspeonSun
08-04-2007, 05:48 AM
OMG, I still haven't stopped lovin that one. Anyways, in Library today we started this big disscussion on weather or not Harry Potter books should be alowed in the School Library.

For all those people who said they shouldn't be alowed I've only got one thing to say. WTF I mean, half the parents see one cuss word and are like, GET THAT BOOK OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!! It's really stupid actually, not to let their kids read this stuff. As you may know, I'm addicted.

Bryce
08-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Lol yeah, the have to keep the Hermoine - Ron moment, they also have to end the movie the same way the book did, 19 years later. You think they'll keep Mrs. Weasley's line though? "NOT MY CHILDREN YOU BI***"

OMG! that was my favorite part of the ENTIRE series by far....... i almost cried/died laughing and i was so shocked to see her kill Belatrix! i am still getting chills :eek:

my dad and i were having a discussion of how adult-oriented this one was.... like J.K. Rowling used the word "effing" like 5 times and we all know what that is implying :silenced:

i also LOVED the scene when Hermione and Ron kissed....... it was in my top 5 fav moments EVER! i definitely cant wait to see that part in the movie.....

Lastly, i kinda didnt like the ending...... i liked how they were taking there kids and stuff, but the only problem that i had w/ it is that Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, and Malfoy/his wife ALL had kids at the exact same time..... it was kinda unbelievable...

but this is DEFINITELY my fav. book of the series..... eek. i am so sad that it's over :sad:

ClikC
08-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Lastly, i kinda didnt like the ending...... i liked how they were taking there kids and stuff, but the only problem that i had w/ it is that Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, and Malfoy/his wife ALL had kids at the exact same time..... it was kinda unbelievable...

but this is DEFINITELY my fav. book of the series..... eek. i am so sad that it's over :sad:

I loved the ending, I most perfect way to end the series. Anything else would have felt like an anti climax, but it just set out where they get to in the future so as to not leave people in doubt.

IMO, I had the impression that while they all had children, they were not all at the exact same time, and so were not all were the same age, but within the same generation yes.

Did anyone else notice how pretty much every unanswered question left by the series, could be answered with a copy of 'Hogwarts a History'? And JK has confirmed she will probably do a 'Encyclopedia' type of book for charity, much like her pervious Charity books.

I hope she returns to the HP universe in say 20 years time with another story arch, I think she will, I think it has become just too big a part of her life now. But I doubt it would have much to do with any characters we have seen so far...

silent pokemon master
08-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I loved the ending, I most perfect way to end the series. Anything else would have felt like an anti climax, but it just set out where they get to in the future so as to not leave people in doubt.

IMO, I had the impression that while they all had children, they were not all at the exact same time, and so were not all were the same age, but within the same generation yes.

Did anyone else notice how pretty much every unanswered question left by the series, could be answered with a copy of 'Hogwarts a History'? And JK has confirmed she will probably do a 'Encyclopedia' type of book for charity, much like her pervious Charity books.

I hope she returns to the HP universe in say 20 years time with another story arch, I think she will, I think it has become just too big a part of her life now. But I doubt it would have much to do with any characters we have seen so far...

Maybe she'll do a series about harry's new children or maybe lord voldermorts cousin or something?

ClikC
08-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Maybe she'll do a series about harry's new children or maybe lord voldermorts cousin or something?

I think she is against Prequels, as she stated she doesn't want to "do a Star Wars", and I don't think she wants to put harry though anything more, he has been through enough. But she doesn't want to come up with a whole world as rich as Harry's, so who knows. It'll be tough to come up with someone more evil than Voldemort though...

silent pokemon master
08-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I think she is against Prequels, as she stated she doesn't want to "do a Star Wars", and I don't think she wants to put harry though anything more, he has been through enough. But she doesn't want to come up with a whole world as rich as Harry's, so who knows. It'll be tough to come up with someone more evil than Voldemort though...

True. Although how about a 8th book about his auror career with ron. Eh?:oops:

2wings
08-04-2007, 06:54 PM
True. Although how about a 8th book about his auror career with ron. Eh?:oops:

Firstly, it clearly states somewhere in the 6th book: "Thus eliminating the last of the unworthy riddle line" This was said by Dumbledore somewhere in the chapter "The house of Guant" I believe. So Voldemort couldnt have a cousin or any relatives.

Secondly, one book about "His auror career with ron." Would completely be pointless, i mean, can you imagine ever topping a series like HP with one single book? Just imagine for a moment, that you were JR, everyone would hear that your writing a new HP book and everyone will obvoiusly have high expectations, now imagine the disappiontment of all the readers who will obviously think that the 8th installement wasnt "up to the mark" because its really difficult to top a book like the 7th and yes, a sequel has to be better than the prevoius installment for obvious reasons, its as simple as that really, HP is over and i hate to say that, but JR made a very clear ending to a legendary series in the 7th book and trying to add on to it would be too much and would probably spoil HP.

~2wings

-Pichu Boy-
08-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I thought it was rather misleading that it was said that two people die. Two? Heck, five people die, not counting Hedwig. >>

J.K Rowling implied that two main characters will die... not just two characters

SPOILERS AHEAD (LISTING CHARACTERS THAT DIE):

I'm gonna list the characters that die and then count them...

Babbage, Hedwig, Mad-Eye, Scrimegeour, Pettigrew, Dobby, The First Brother To Meet Death (if you can count that as a death...), Snape, Voldemort, Harry, Nagini, Lupin, Tonks, Fred

Forgive me if I've missed some, there's just so many... in total that I've got, that's... at least 14!!

EspeonSun
08-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I guess that would be logical, but I really can't get past that there won't be any more releases to wait for. I'm typin up a story based on the afterward for pure fun and for practice. I'm not sure if I'll post it up, I might though.

(For those of you who don't know, my new life ambition is to become an Author.)

silent pokemon master
08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
When i said 8th book about his Auror i ment it to be like a charitable book, but never mind. Also will the swear's be edited out of the film version. Mrs Weasley swearing made me laugh so much:happy:

2wings
08-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I think for protective reasons, they will censor/cut out Mrs. Weasleys line after killing Bellatrix. Afterall, there are millions of little kids who watch HP.

EspeonSun
08-05-2007, 02:12 AM
Peh, that's what they have ratings for. Besides, that's the beauty of the book, showing that everyone's grown up, cause in real life, that's how it rolls, everyone's not all polite. You don't see Bellitrix saying, 'I'm so sorry I killed you....' Of course though, it would be funny to see her getting remorse

2wings
08-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Rofl! Bellatrix? Remorse? xD. I've just realised when while re - reading the book, Umbridge might have been under the influence of the locket when she was cruel and possible evil to Harry in the 5th. Maybe Umbridge isnt a horrible person deep inside, but then again look at the the sentence that Voldemort says towards the end of the chapter "The seven Potters" Just after Harry's wand broke Malfoys, "Give me your wand! Your wand Selwyn." "Selwyn" Umbridge said, is her family name, thats why she bought the locket from Mundgungus, Another wild guess of mine is that Umbridge might have been imperiused in the 5th, Voldemort certainly had an opportunity, since a Death Eater is related to her. But then again if she was imperiused, Voldemort would have known that Umbridge had the locket.. But its still shocking to know that Umbridge is related to a Death Eater isnt it? Brings up interesting possibilities. Discuss.

EspeonSun
08-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Nah, I read a interview of J.K somewhere and she said that Umbridge wasn't imperioused (to lazy to spell right) and that Umbridge is purely evil

Oh, I'm going to quote this in my everyday life, "It is our choices Harry, far more than our abillities..." My friends are going to go crazy... XD

Loyal Arcanine
08-08-2007, 04:19 PM
spoilers

I really thought, though, that above all of the murders and horrible things that happened, Snape's story was truly the saddest of them all. It broke my heart to know the truth about him... What a sad life!

/spoilers
spoilers
I agree! So sad, he so didn't deserve this. I totally agreed with Harry when he called him one of the bravest men he'd ever known in the last chapter. I was convinced after book 6 that Snape was on Dumbledore's side, but book 7's first chapter got me doubting. But imagine what Snape must have been going through, between the most fearsome Death Eaters and being Voldemort's right hand, while his true loyalty lay elsewhere. Very sad.
/spoilers

Volcanflame
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, true, Snape's story is the saddest ...

Anyway, maybe I missed it, but what about Stan Shunpike? Is he dead?

-Volcan-

King Zark
08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Harry parents were 21 when they died.
Harry was one.
Before the epilogue it was 1997 when story took place
Afterwards it was 2016 Harry is 36 at the end of book w/ 3 kids lol.

Loyal Arcanine
08-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Rofl! Bellatrix? Remorse? xD. I've just realised when while re - reading the book, Umbridge might have been under the influence of the locket when she was cruel and possible evil to Harry in the 5th. Maybe Umbridge isnt a horrible person deep inside, but then again look at the the sentence that Voldemort says towards the end of the chapter "The seven Potters" Just after Harry's wand broke Malfoys, "Give me your wand! Your wand Selwyn." "Selwyn" Umbridge said, is her family name, thats why she bought the locket from Mundgungus, Another wild guess of mine is that Umbridge might have been imperiused in the 5th, Voldemort certainly had an opportunity, since a Death Eater is related to her. But then again if she was imperiused, Voldemort would have known that Umbridge had the locket.. But its still shocking to know that Umbridge is related to a Death Eater isnt it? Brings up interesting possibilities. Discuss.
This can't be true by the way. The locket was at Sirius' house in book 5, and Mundungus stole it in 6.

2wings
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
This can't be true by the way. The locket was at Sirius' house in book 5, and Mundungus stole it in 6.

Oo you're right, guess Umbrige is just pure evil. The one i really want from JR is a detailed battle between Grindelwald and Dumbledore, the one that took place in 1945.

EspeonSun
08-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Isn't it odd how they live so long?

SPOILERS FROM BOOK 6
EDIT: I just read on Mugglenet (http://www.mugglenet.com) (Note, I get all my info there..) that wizards live longer than Muggles. Dumbledore was 150 when he died and McGonagall is around 70! Can you believe that?

Loyal Arcanine
08-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Isn't it odd how they live so long?

SPOILERS FROM BOOK 6
EDIT: I just read on Mugglenet (http://www.mugglenet.com) (Note, I get all my info there..) that wizards live longer than Muggles. Dumbledore was 150 when he died and McGonagall is around 70! Can you believe that?
Yes, I can actually. That's what I always imagined them to be. Voldemort must have been around 70 as well, if he was in his 5th year 55 years ago (when he opened the Secret Chamber).

EspeonSun
08-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh, I still can't believe it though... 150... imagine the things Dumbledore saw...