PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles

Zan Sabrefang
11-27-2004, 12:58 AM
I saw that movie today on it's release day. It's great and I highly recommend it to anyone. It's pixar's finest animation to date. Yes... Even better then toystory ((Something I believed was impossible until today... I'm a big kid at heart)). Now that they have completed their 5 movie contract and had a falling out with Disney I doubt there will be a sequel... Excuse me whilst I run off to my bedroom and weep... :cry:

Agent Orange
11-27-2004, 01:02 AM
This belongs in other entertainment.

And it was ok...I took my kid sister, and it wasn't touching, or someting I would talk about afterwards, but I didn't sleep through it. The preveiw movie was BIZZARE tho. O_o

Zan Sabrefang
11-27-2004, 01:22 AM
The whole Shaved sheep thing? That was great :XD

Neo Emolga
11-27-2004, 01:26 AM
I haven't seen it, but I've seen several trailers for it. The 3-D rendering is amazing, and I've already heard a lot of good things about the movie.

*Moved to Other Entertainment

Zan Sabrefang
11-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Go watch it. I'm sure you'll be very entertained.

Nefarious
11-27-2004, 03:03 AM
I liked it. It was entertaining and I plan to see it again. (not in theatres again)

Sudo
11-27-2004, 12:05 PM
hmmm well i thaught that the shaved sheep bit was cool and i liked the fact that it wasnt crammed full of crappy jokes cos i got that impression from the adverts

all in all it was very funny!

Hydros
11-27-2004, 01:17 PM
I really liked that movie.
Compared to SpongeBob that movie could of won an Oscar.
-Takes a picture of sponge bob and crumbles it up-

Matthew
11-27-2004, 05:41 PM
YEs.... Incredibles was amazing... I've seen it about 3 times.... lol. Obsesive? Huh? Hehe. I would say Nemo is the best Pixar movie so far.... followed closely by Incredibles :P. It was the third largest movie opening in the month of November... beaten of course by the first 2 Harry Potter movies. I loved the characters and the animation... so briliant!

Neo Emolga
11-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Yes, I heard their contract with Disney is ending, but that doesn't mean Pixar wouldn't be able to make movies on their own. So far, Disney has been having a lot of problems with upper management, and it might be better for them to seperate.

To tell the truth, I haven't seen Finding Nemo or The Incredibles, but I did see Toy Story 1 and 2 and was amazed at the 3D animation. After even trying to make 3D scenes myself, I know how hard it can be. You really need to appreciate the hard work that goes into these movies.

Tamer Marco
11-28-2004, 08:32 PM
I really liked that movie.
Compared to SpongeBob that movie could of won an Oscar.
-Takes a picture of sponge bob and crumbles it up- The Spongebob movie was WAY better than thw Incredibles. I didn't like it too much, because it was sorta repetitive, even though it was funny and stuff.

Shael
11-28-2004, 10:01 PM
It was a good movie. I think a lot of people don't really like it because it's just another one of those superhero beats evil villain kinda stories. I really liked the family interactions...and the costume designer (I forgot her name), she was the best character!!

About Disney and Pixar splitting up, honestly I'd like them to stay together. I didn't like many Disney movies before (there were a few good ones though), but once they joined I've liked all their movies (except for Monsters Inc. but that's because I've never watched it). Finding Nemo and the Incredibles are up there in my group of favorite movies =)

Tamer Marco
11-29-2004, 03:25 AM
It was a good movie. I think a lot of people don't really like it because it's just another one of those superhero beats evil villain kinda stories. I really liked the family interactions...and the costume designer (I forgot her name), she was the best character!!

About Disney and Pixar splitting up, honestly I'd like them to stay together. I didn't like many Disney movies before (there were a few good ones though), but once they joined I've liked all their movies (except for Monsters Inc. but that's because I've never watched it). Finding Nemo and the Incredibles are up there in my group of favorite movies =) Heh, I liked her too. I wouldn't say she was the best character, just the funniest. And it's a shame about Pixar and Disney splitting up. They sorta depended on each other, but Disney has come up with some great movies on thier own. I wonder how Pixar will turn out...

Sutiivun
11-29-2004, 03:35 AM
I've seen many previews, but I probably won't get to see it unless it comes out and then a year after I'll see it on HBO. *Fat slob*

And I think Disney and Pixar work great together. They should renew their contract.

boltAge
12-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Haha, watched it a few days before.

Firstly, the preview movie thingey... Geez, I thought I entered the wrong cinema when that sheep thing was looking so much like a real movie. I was like "that lady said this was the room, so this must be it...".

Anyway, great movie. It definitely isn't another crappy superhero movie, very entertaining, especially the humour parts. Haha, the villain died because of his cape, that part was somewhat funny, haha.

Crossfire Chaos
01-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I think It's stupid how they don't show that he actualy died/was chopped up, because with his gagets you'd think that he whould blow that propeler into next tuesday, so that might be how he returns for a sequel if there is one.

I saw it twice, and the Sheep thing was funny, especialy the gophers at the end.

The movie had a lot of funny moments like when Edna, is doing a Iris Scan, Password Check, and a Voice check to get into her office.

paperfairy
01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
This was one of the best Disney movies for one reason:

IT WAS THE FIRST DISNEY MOVIE WITH ACTUAL VIOLENCE!

That, like nvr happens.

-PF

Thoughts: Jak-Jak and E are the BEST!

Lexaeus
01-17-2005, 02:51 PM
That movie was...well, incredible! The visuals were stunning, the homour was fresh, the storyline was excellent, and the main messages of the film were clear. It was definitely the best movie I have seen in 2004. Why can't more movies be this innocent and yet so wonderful? It is sad to know that most directors think of for movies are sex, drugs, senseless profanity, and extreme violence. An even sadder point is that it attracts people, encouraging the directors to make more trash. And since that Hollywood has no more original ideas for movies left, that only leaves us with remakes and sequels. What a decade it has been. Oh, um, sorry...I plan to be a filmmaker and when I get into "film politics" I get a little out of control. Please forgive me. >_>