PDA

View Full Version : November Smeargle's Art Challenge: Voting

Matthew
11-27-2004, 09:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/Phoenix6288/sac.gif
By: Your's Truly

It's that time again, when at the end of the month, you get to choose the best peices of art to be put on display in our virtual museum. Seeing as our wonderful host has somehow forgotten to set up the voting process, I, your co-host of this contest, shall set it up!

Many people have entered this contest hoping to stand out from the rest of the contestants as the best. This gives you all a chance to do that in a bit of friendly competition.

Please remember to vote fairly, and try not to be biased. Voting for yourself shall count as a void vote. It will be frowned upon, and not counted in the final tallying.

Who will be the top artist of November? Only you will tell....

Entry 1-
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/4430/LullabyDream.jpg
Title: Lullaby Dream
Artist: SapphireTiger

Entry 2-
http://img132.exs.cx/img132/809/DreamCatcher.jpg
Title: Dream Catcher

Entry 3-
http://bluekid.250free.com/dreams.jpg
Title: "Sweet Dreams"
Artist: Armaldo

Entry 4-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/RainbowFeather83/pokemon%20pics%203/bsnov.jpg
Title: "Bagon's Hopeful Dream"
Artist: Rachel

Entry 5-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Mechaflame/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/Dream.gif
Title - Dream
Artist: Mechaflame

Entry 6-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Mechaflame/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/UnownDream.gif
Title - Unown Dream

Choose the masterpiece that best represents the theme (Dreams) and is the best artistically done. Good luck!

Matthew
11-27-2004, 09:22 AM
I shall start of the voting by giving my vote to Rachel... I feel that, although all of the entries are marvellous, that she did the best, and got the theme to fit best into her drawing. She got somewhat creative with it seeing as I would never have remembered that Bagons always dream of evolving and flying... so she did a wonderful job with her entry.

Rachel, good job, and enjoy my vote :silly:

Firestorm
11-27-2004, 09:33 AM
I like armadillos because
1 It's the theme
2 It's really good!

Hoenn Mirror Girl
11-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Rachel's. Hands down. Her art is so awesome that it can kill.

*This thread had been stickied with Pirika Pirirara magic.

Jet
11-27-2004, 12:26 PM
lol, my vote goes to Rachel, she did a very good job... although I think that situation where Bagon dreams of being a Salamence seems very familiar... o_O

Hydros
11-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I vote for Rachel!
The art is amazing!!!!!

boltAge
11-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Very tough competition hee... All of the pieces are of good quality *claps* :P

I had a tough choice choosing between Armaldo's "Sweet Dreams", Rachel's "Bagon's Hopeful Dream" and Mechaflame's "Unown Dream".

But I decided on Mechaflame's "Unown Dream". Yay :P

Nefarious
11-27-2004, 03:51 PM
I love mechaflames unknown dream. It is just great!

And I guess I won't be getting any votes this month. :susp:

armaldo
11-27-2004, 06:49 PM
My vote is for "Bagon's Hopeful Dream" by Rachel
It is great!, I love your art Rachel! :biggrin:

Good Luck to everyone :happy:

Matthew
11-27-2004, 07:02 PM
ST, I would have voted for your dream catcher, but Rachel had to enter XD... sorry... I had trouble choosing between the two... but Rachels was just more colorful. Sorry...

Satou
11-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Go Rachael-chan nya no da! ^~^;;

Nefarious
11-27-2004, 07:08 PM
ST, I would have voted for your dream catcher, but Rachel had to enter XD... sorry... I had trouble choosing between the two... but Rachels was just more colorful. Sorry...

That's all right. I can't expect to win all the time. I'll try better next time now that I know some new things in photoshop. :wink:

HKim
11-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Heh, all the masterpieces are wonderful. Everyone who participated has a remarkable talent and even if I had years to perfect the skill, I wouldn't be able to match the work done here. Good job to everyone and I look forward to seeing the results!

Tamer Marco
11-27-2004, 07:17 PM
I liked Rachel's one the best. ^_^ And it looks like we have a winner.

silver
11-28-2004, 01:07 AM
i always vote sapphire tiger sipphire tiger has my fave work

Half a Dollar
11-28-2004, 01:22 AM
I voted for Rachel's Bagon Dream. Great, I loved it, ST's came in second.

Thanatos
11-28-2004, 01:50 AM
I had a difficult choice between Dream Catcher and Bagon's hopeful Dream...

I love ST's work, and I love the I love the psychedelic background. Thats the exact reason I'm requesting it as a signature...but...

It doesn't fit the theme as much as Rachel's. Rachel has managed to capture exactly what the pokedex says, and turned into something we can all see.

Therefore, my vote goes to Rachel. Sorry ST

Mechaflame
11-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Hah! I voted for myself, but it looks like my Unown Dream is getting more votes than my Latios Dream. And that's the one I voted for myself on. It's bad to vote for yourself in the first. *slaps forehead* :goofy:

Agent Orange
11-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Sorry Mech, I loved your Dream one, but Rachels hit the nail on the head, but yours was a close second!

Omis
11-28-2004, 03:56 PM
I'll give my vote to Rachel's "Bagon's Hopeful Dream"

The fact that bogon and slamence are two of my favorite poke are a plus... plus its really good.

*thinks about entering next month*

Nefarious
11-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Wow. 4 Peopl voted for lullaby dream. I thoguht dream catcher would get more votes. Oh well. As long as one of mine gets votes. :biggrin:

Matthew
11-29-2004, 06:34 AM
I am suprised as well ST... I would have voted for your Dream Catcher if rachel had not entered. Wonderful job though.

bronislav84
11-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Probably because I like her art, but I always seem to end up voting for Rachel. :cool:

BlazikenInferno
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Rachel's pwns, plus Salamence is one of my favorite Pokemon. Hers was really awsome, and I thought it fit the theme well. So I voted for her.

Nefarious
11-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Well the poll closes tomorrow. It is only obvious rachel is going to win but it is a close race for second and third place. Unless someone else votes it looks like i'm getting second.

Firestorm
11-29-2004, 04:38 PM
I personally prefer the Jirachi one...

Zenaku
11-29-2004, 05:13 PM
lol! Rachel, honestly, I had that exact same idea back during the future art contest (Bagon dreaming of the future, when it'd be a Salamence). I'm glad I never finished it (Or bothered to enter) though, cause yours is amazing.

I better enter next month...

BlazikenInferno
11-29-2004, 09:01 PM
You have GOT to be kidding Kamon! I thought the axact same idea in the future contest! You may not believe me, but I did. When you think about it, it seems like a good and common idea. Bagon are always thinking and dreaming of when they evolve to Salamence and are able to fly. I didn't make an entry because I don't have PS or a scanner and I couldn't make anything that's half-decend from scratch on paint.

Matthew
11-29-2004, 10:42 PM
HEh. At least you will be getting 2nd or third.... it will still be diplayed in the museum.

TotodileHop24
11-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Awesome work again everyone! They're all so bright and colorful, I had trouble choosing.

This time I'll vote for ST's "Dream Catcher". It's a very sharp-looking piece that reminded me of Spinarak's webs right away. The inverted look helped the picture even more; I think anything that is related to a dream would not quite look like it does as if we were to see it in real life... that is, if it were to be made into a drawing.

Great job ST and thanks for everyone's comments! Bagon thanks you all too. :angel:

Sutiivun
11-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Wow, these are all awesome pieces everyone! But I must say, Rachel's is the best out of everyone's. I love how she incorperated the idea of actual 'Dream' into her piece. Also, the drawing is amazing and I love the colors.

Good job Rachel, my vote is for you! :cool:

Nefarious
11-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Awesome work again everyone! They're all so bright and colorful, I had trouble choosing.

This time I'll vote for ST's "Dream Catcher". It's a very sharp-looking piece that reminded me of Spinarak's webs right away. The inverted look helped the picture even more; I think anything that is related to a dream would not quite look like it does as if we were to see it in real life... that is, if it were to be made into a drawing.

Great job ST and thanks for everyone's comments! Bagon thanks you all too. :angel:

Thanks Rachel! You've encouraged me to do even better next time. (not that I wouldn't try to do better next time :silly:)

TalonScar
11-30-2004, 06:45 AM
This is a real toughy.....
I think I'll go for 'Bagons Hopeful Dream', though 'Dream Catcher' is very good too.
'Bagons Hopeful Dream' really shows the 'dream' theme, but I love the stunning backgrounds of SapphireTiger.

So, nice work all of you!

FinalThunder
11-30-2004, 11:06 AM
I also this one is hard but i will vote for Dream it is really nice!

Matthew
12-01-2004, 01:25 AM
To answer the question:

Who will be the top artist of November? Only you will tell....

I have the results...

*drumroll*

Third:

Entry 6-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Mechaflame/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/UnownDream.gif
Title - Unown Dream

===========================================

Second:

Entry 1-
http://img81.exs.cx/img81/4430/LullabyDream.jpg
Title: Lullaby Dream

=========================================

First:

Entry 4-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/RainbowFeather83/pokemon%20pics%203/bsnov.jpg
Title: "Bagon's Hopeful Dream"
Artist: Rachel

Congratulations to our winners. Rachel proved this month that she is the best. Maybe her computer will break down and let the rest of you have a chance. Joking :sweat:. Anyhoo... Good luck to you all next month, and have a nice day.

~Matthew :silly:

Jack of Clovers
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
darn, i was one day late from voting. oh well, there's next time.

my vote woulda gone for 'Dream Catcher'. i laughed that it was such a good idea. feels like Night Shade is being used. plus it related to Dream the best.
congrats to all the artists and the winners.

~Jack~

Nefarious
12-01-2004, 05:10 PM
darn, i was one day late from voting. oh well, there's next time.

my vote woulda gone for 'Dream Catcher'. i laughed that it was such a good idea. feels like Night Shade is being used. plus it related to Dream the best.
congrats to all the artists and the winners.

~Jack~

Cool! If you had then Mechaflame and I would have tied for third place. I wonder what happens when there's a tie.

Matthew
12-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Heh.... I guess it would be cut down to first and second place, or mecha would have still gotten it just cause you already had second.... meh.

Thanatos
12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
No offense ST, but I thought Dream Catcher was much better then Lullaby Dream. Both are fantastic, but Dream Catcher was just somehow better.

Well, my congrats to you Rachel. I'm glad my vote helped you out!

HKim
12-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Thankyou to Matthew for substituting in for me while I was.... busy.

Busy because I was working on creating the Grandest Pokemon Art Competition ever seen! Yes, The PokeHoliday FanArt Festival is an interforum art competition in which mods from Serebii, PC, BMG, and TPM have all contributed in planning and organizing this event! Artists, with three themes and artists from the best forums around the online community, you'll have a chance to prove yourself and your worth! This isn't just PE2K, because...

...well... because it doesn't involve PE2K. :cry:

Origionally, PE2K was going to be one of the five forums competiting in this art contest. Everything was set and ready to go. Unfortunately, there was one thing I didn't count on.

Ryan, the PE2K Admin, states that PE2K will not be participating in any interforum competitions. Since the festival is in this category, PE2K can no longer be in this competition. There are now only four forums in the festival.

Now, I don't want any of the members to lose out on this chance of a lifetime. So if you still want to participate and show the world your art, you can join one of the other four forums and submit your work in the threads there. To help you out, I have links to the rules threads in each of the four participating forums.

BulbaGarden Forums (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?p=89166#post89166)
Pokemon Community (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23597)
Serebii.net Forums (http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
ThePokeMasters Forums (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32559)

I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because The PokeHoliday FanArt Festival is going on, there will be no December Smeargle's Art Challenge. For members who don't want to participate in another forum, War 3.67 is starting up and there is an MS Paint Art Section.

Yes, it's disappointing that PE2K can't participate, but at least the members can. Thankyou for your participation.

Nefarious
12-02-2004, 12:49 AM
No offense ST, but I thought Dream Catcher was much better then Lullaby Dream. Both are fantastic, but Dream Catcher was just somehow better.

Well, my congrats to you Rachel. I'm glad my vote helped you out!

I thought so too. I was very surprised to see lullaby dream win second.

And DARN!!! There isn't going to be a December Art contest? But since we aren't competing in the festival thing doesn't that mean we are free to just make our own. Well since you guys are the boss I guess I shouldn't even be arguing but I was just saying. Can't wait for January so we can have a new one.

HKim
12-02-2004, 03:41 AM
I thought so too. I was very surprised to see lullaby dream win second.

And DARN!!! There isn't going to be a December Art contest? But since we aren't competing in the festival thing doesn't that mean we are free to just make our own. Well since you guys are the boss I guess I shouldn't even be arguing but I was just saying. Can't wait for January so we can have a new one.

The problem with creating two competitions is that the members will be split on which to compete in. I don't want to divide the attention of the members.

Nefarious
12-02-2004, 03:45 AM
Ok. I understand. I'll just have to do requests until January. :happy:

Nefarious
01-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Just a reminder that it's January. :biggrin:

Hoenn Mirror Girl
01-01-2005, 10:27 PM
I think I should lock this since the contest is over.