PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of Souls(GBA)

boltAge
11-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Damn, this game is SWEET. I've just began, so I can't say how good or bad will the later part of the game be. But starting already, it shines with awesome graphics and great music. This is only Final Fantasy I. I wonder how good will FF2 be 8]

Oh yeah, you get to customize your the colour of your windows(You can set the amount of red, green and blue). Isn't that totally cool?

Zenaku
11-27-2004, 01:29 PM
lol Window hueing? Awesome. Also, to people who played FFI and II: no, these are not the same games. The English release of FFI for the SNES was actually the Japanese FFIV, and in the same way, FFII was actually FFV, and III was FFVI. In other words FF5 was the FF with Cecil the Dark Knight, I believe. Either way, that means this is a brand new game for english players, and is definately going to be one worth playing.

FinalThunder
11-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey i haven't play that game yet it really good?

boltAge
11-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Okay, screw it, I threw the game aside(for now at least) because after I trained like 5 levels, I died and I forgot to save before training that 5 levels(And finding my way, actually. I got lost somehow).

The game doesn't bloody tell you where to go, so after I find a couple of crap items, I don't know where to go. zz, and I end up fighting like 100 battles only to find out I've come to the wrong place. GEEZ.

Zenaku
11-27-2004, 02:31 PM
lol Raik, you always train and forget to save. I save like every 5 seconds. Right now I have to find the dark elf king Atmos, return Motoyas crystal eye, and get her to make a potion to awaken the Sleeping prince of the elves.

And mpatel, yes it's good. It;s a remake of the original NES/SNES games, and everyone should know that NES games are classics; no new storyline can beat the good old NES games.

EDIT: Raik, if you get lost; go retro:

http://dw.com.com/redir?asid=522595&astid=8&siteid=19&edid=107&destCat=17099&destURL=http%3A%2F%2Fdb.gamefaqs.com%2Fconsole%2Fn es%2Ffile%2Ffinal_fantasy.png

That's a Map of Final Fantasy 1 (J) for the NES. Exactly the same as the map in the GBA game.

boltAge
11-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Where do you find the crystal eye? There's this little hole basement that's near the city where that sleeping prince is, I only found a Crown there(God knows what's this for), but that's about all(It's in a chest, and this is insane man, right before the tile of the treasure chest, you will meet two monsters which are insanely strong. Two of my characters got murdered by them because I didn't expect this so didn't heal. Then after beating them, I MOVED OUT OF THE TILE AND MOVED BACK, so I had to fight them again. WADDAHELL, I SHOULDA TOOK THE CROWN AND GOT AWAY).

Anyway, I'm too frustrated now, I'll continue the game tomorrow.

Zenaku
11-27-2004, 02:45 PM
lol See my last post for a map. It says item locations on it.

EDIT: Ah, once you have the crown, take it to a castle slightly to the north of the cave: Astos is there, and he has the crystal.

boltAge
11-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh, thanks a lot DA. That surely helps me a lot... haha.

Looks like all the bosses are crap. This Athos dude only tried blasting me with the Death spell(And he killed one of my guys with that, sadly). I took him out in only 4 or 5 turns, did I overtrain or something?

Keeper_of_Light
11-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Is the game out in the UK yet? If so how much does it cost?

FinalThunder
11-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Man i don't have the money yet to buy it or Halo II

boltAge
11-28-2004, 06:21 AM
Uhh... I think I really overtrained.

There's this FAQ at GameFAQs, which says you should be lvl 15~17 when at the Volcano... Uhh, I was at level 31 at that time o_o No wonder everything seemed so easy. I wiped out the Vampire boss in one turn o_o''

Thanatos
11-28-2004, 11:48 AM
When this is released here in Aus, I'm definately gonna get it. This looks quite interesting, and might just be what I get for christmas ;)

Keeper_of_Light
11-28-2004, 12:26 PM
yeah i will probs get it for Christmas too, or the money I get for Christmas.

Alakazam
11-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I've already beaten FF 1 and 2 on FF Origins on PSX...so I don't understand why this game was even released.

boltAge
11-28-2004, 04:44 PM
I've already beaten FF 1 and 2 on FF Origins on PSX...so I don't understand why this game was even released.
For the people who only have a GBA, perhaps?

Anyway, I really overtrained... The bosses are all like crap, the guide says it takes 15 turns to kill a boss, I take 3 turns...geez. I have a Knight, Ninja, Red Wizard and Black Wizard now. I somewhat regret taking a Red Mage over White Mage but apparently it isn't that bad.

Oh yeah, my Black Wizard has the 'Flare' spell now. Beat that, weak bosses :tongue:

Kenny_C.002
11-28-2004, 08:03 PM

1. so ppl can bring the game wherever they go instead of it being stuck in front of the TV screen
2. for the little kids who don't have PS
3. To milk even more cash out of an already existing game