PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Movie

pokefan88
06-30-2007, 02:37 AM
I just wonder what do u ppl think of the transformers movie thats coming out, I for one want to see it. I think it`s going to be cool:cool:.

Diesel 34
06-30-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm intrested in seeing it, but I think I'll be let down if I put my hopes up to high.

The Jr Trainer
06-30-2007, 03:23 AM
I'm intrested in seeing it, but I think I'll be let down if I put my hopes up to high.

Yeah same here i want to see it but im not getting to crazy...:goofy:

ELITE TRAINER LEVEL 2

Diesel 34
06-30-2007, 03:26 AM
I would rather have the voices they use in the cartoon. I think it would sound better.

Requiem
06-30-2007, 03:54 AM
I would rather have the voices they use in the cartoon. I think it would sound better.
Optimus pimre is voiced by teh original original optimus...

but yah this looks like it's gonna b a rly good summr action flick

Diesel 34
06-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Optimus pimre is voiced by teh original original optimus...

but yah this looks like it's gonna b a rly good summr action flick

I feel its not a good year to release it because The Simpsons Movie is coming out and that'll be bigger. I'm looking more forward to that one.

CrimsonThunder
06-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Its in cinemars in Australia. Its not in America yet?

I'm not a Transformers fan (although watched a few episoded when I was a kid and had some of the toys) so I'm not going to watch it. But there are a lot of people that loved it. So its pretty much recommended if you like Transformers.

Diesel 34
06-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Nope. It comes out the fourth.

Soda
06-30-2007, 05:20 AM

Why would it be in Australia? Isn't it an American Movie?I know Shia Labuff is an American Actor.

ZadokRox
06-30-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm going to skip it for now and rent it some time after it's released on DVD.

I am not satisfied with the looks of the Transformers' robot mode. I was wanting a look very similar to the G1 (Generation One) Transformers cartoons of 1984.

Furyflame
06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
They all look freaky.

Pervival_Cox
06-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm going to skip it for now and rent it some time after it's released on DVD.

I am not satisfied with the looks of the Transformers' robot mode. I was wanting a look very similar to the G1 (Generation One) Transformers cartoons of 1984.

Amen. It looks like it's going to be a huge bust. I'm sure everyone will go see it when it opens, only to find out how bad it is. -_- I'm so depressed that after years of waiting for a live-action Transformers movie, this is what we get.

ZadokRox
06-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Amen. It looks like it's going to be a huge bust. I'm sure everyone will go see it when it opens, only to find out how bad it is. -_- I'm so depressed that after years of waiting for a live-action Transformers movie, this is what we get.

Looks like we're stuck with the buggy 1986 'Transformers: The Movie' and how they killed off most of the popular Transformers and left us mostly with the newcomers. :sad:

Requiem
06-30-2007, 07:06 PM
it seems the critics thought it was good or at least as good as the other summer action flicks that have come out like spiderman or pirates

Seawolf
06-30-2007, 07:18 PM

Actually, it starts on the third, and there are early screenings on the second...

Those of you complaining should get a grip. Beast Wars was probably the strangest Transformers series ever, and it ended up being awesome. In fact, it's my favorite version of Transformers.

Just because someone is again trying to revive the franchise doesn't mean you should take a dump all over it. It's just a stupid movie... if you're going to be pessimistic about it, then don't see it. Simple as that.

As for me, I'm going to be seeing it, even if it does end up being a disappointment. I want to see Megatron and Starscream in action.

pokefan88
06-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Simpsons looks good to I aint a huge fan of both the simpsons or transformers though i have a few transformers figs and watched some of it both are pretty decent shows from other dumb junk i have seen on tv.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
07-03-2007, 05:59 AM
I hate it, the plot, actors, everything. Except the fact Fergie's Boyfriend is in it, I love Fergie. Lol. O.o

Randomman29
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
I feel its not a good year to release it because The Simpsons Movie is coming out and that'll be bigger. I'm looking more forward to that one.
Wow You need to get beat for that (then burned at the stake with that Super poor excuse for a movie) also Spider-man 3 is better then the Simpletonís movie.

Anyway I saw the movie and have to say the only down parts were
1. There was no local news coverage (It's the biggest movie of the year).:razz::razz:
2. (Though didn't see it myself since I was already inline for the 8:00 show) The 8:15 showing were seated before the 8:00 showing though the 8:00 showing had been waiting longer (Some since 12:00, me since 2:30).
3. I was the only one that brought the transformers DS game.
4. The full theater.
5. The truck driver/Prime fan that cheered (Along with everyone else) when Prime appeared/did something.
6. There was no mention of Unicron at all.
7. Knowing almost everything about the movie. :rolleyes:
8. The cut words to make it PG-13 (I could still hear the fist part's of the cut words).

The good parts
1. The movie.
2. All the transformers had the transforming sound effect.:biggrin::biggrin:
3. The two guys that had (self made from cardboard) transformer costumes and them transforming when ever someone asked (I have photos on my phone).:biggrin:
4. The thought that there will be an R/Uncensored version of the movie on DVD.:biggrin::biggrin:

Sixto
07-04-2007, 07:59 AM
So I just got back from watching the movie. Let's just say this is easily the best movie I've ever seen. Watch it!

Cybernetic Ghost
07-04-2007, 03:26 PM

Came out on the 3rd. I saw it last night with a friend friends(Opening night :$). I personally thought it was great, and probably one of the better new movies I've seen in awhile, since pirates 3 was sort of a let down.

So I just got back from watching the movie. Let's just say this is easily the best movie I've ever seen. Watch it!

It was good, but I personally wouldn't put it that high. A few movies I like more, espically Donnie Darko. Anyone who hasnt seen Donnie Darko, I'd suggest you do.

WifiFX
07-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I just wonder what do u ppl think of the transformers movie thats coming out, I for one want to see it. I think it`s going to be cool:cool:.

It came out at 8 o-clock on the 3rd, they did the same thing with Pirates, one day before release date. Mario, Yeah, it was GREAT.

NeonTrainer
07-04-2007, 03:37 PM
So far I think Transformers is the best movie ever seen in my entire life, I went and saw it last night.

SBaby
07-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Alot of people will complain that the movie was too fast-paced (and it went by quick, don't get me wrong). But, there was so much crammed into this movie that it wasn't funny.

I'm not denying that the original 86 movie was better, but for a live action Transformers, this movie was awesome.

I avoided as many spoilers as I could. But those that haven't seen the movie, there might be one or two in this.

Peter Cullen voicing Prime (including a few lines that'll put a smile on anyone that's seen the animated movie). It was just awesome to hear his still strong on-screen presence though.

Bumblebee and Spike (his name's Sam, but he'll always be Spike to me) had a relationship that very closely matched the one they had in the cartoon. It was just a boy and his robot car (which is coincidentally the whole reason Michael Bay got involved with this in the first place). I won't spoil it for you, but there were definitely moments where you really forgot these were robots and started thinking of them as living people (which is actually part of the whole concept of Transformers, machines that are living). Some people complained that he's a Camaro instead of a VW Beatle, but his new form works in a different sort of way.

Ironhide was just like his G1 self, a faithful second in command to Prime. This guy is simply a tank in the movie, he's big and bulky, almost as big as Prime. Coincidentally, he's a truck too (I can't remember the exact model). And he's just as brave as Prime, going up against several Decepticons, despite the odds. Let's face it, they're outnumbered from the get go, but this guy has guts going up against that many. That's his cowboy attitude that I know and love.

Jazz was also true to his G1 version. Sure, he looks different, but his personality is relatively the same. A bit reckless and sort of a resident bad--- in the group. Yet he's still brave in the face of extreme odds and robots that are bigger than him. And yes, he still wears his visor. I won't say any more than that, to avoid spoilers.

I will say that many of the Decepticons weren't quite as developed as I would've liked them to be (and that IS a bit of a downside to it). Some of them were like monsters in the movie. And many of them just looked plain creepy. I can forgive this though, since there simply wasn't enough time to fully develop everyone. I mean, there's only so much you can do in two hours. But Megatron and Starscream 'Snively' do get some particular moments to shine.

The final battle (I won't spoil it for you) was a bit on the short side. But it was graced by a redux of one of the most famous lines ever spoken in Transformers lore. I won't tell you what that line is, but you'll know it when you hear it (here's a hint, Prime says it).

Overall, I tried to be as vague as possible with this review, so I wouldn't spoil too much. Other than that, go see it. It's definitely worth seeing, if for nothing else than the sci-fi giant robots beating the crud out of each other aspect. Even if you've already been told how it ends, go check it out. You won't be sorry. I promise you that.

As for the future, a sequel has been confirmed by some official sources (Entertainment Tonight, etc...) to be greenlighted. Only rumors exist as to what'll be in it. But this is proof that the Transformers phenomenon is still going strong, even here in the States.

EmBreon
07-05-2007, 06:34 AM

I completely agree. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. Crazy special effects, and I loved the sounds when they transformed. And the ending battle scene was just...wow. :cool:

KOR
07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I just read your sig EmBreon. Optimus PRIME was never an ape. If anyone here saw Beast Wars then it was an autobot that named himself Optimus Primal in honor of Optimus Prime.

Anyways: Here is my pros and cons on the movies. There are spoilers so i'm putting it in white font from here on.

Pros:
Original Optimus and his awsome lines
Megatron and his awsome lines
Awsome action
Optimus's Energon Axe

Cons:

Megatron vs Optimus wasn't SUPER good but it was good
No Starscream High Pitched Voice
Jazz died. :(

Now i have some more things to cover. Mostly the possibility of a sequel. Here are the reasons why:

No Unicron
Starscream is still alive
The Decepticons werent' DESTROYED, just sent to the bottom of the ocean.
Autobots didn't go back home they went to earth. Optimus also sent a call to other Autobots were called to earth. We all know there's more autbots that havn't been introduced yet.

See here is my synopsis of the next movie

More Autbots come to earth,
Optimus gets a feeling Decepticons arn't done yet.
Starscream comes back to earth takes the Decepticons to Unicron and has them all re-built and stronger
Unicron begans its way to earth
Autobots go fight Decepticons to defeat Unicron.
And all you transformers fan should know what happens next

Also there will be so much money involved in this that there WILL be a sequel. This is one of those movies where everyone can see it and like it.

My little 11 year old sisters liked it. My mom liked it.

So go see it. It's good.

EmBreon
07-09-2007, 04:00 AM
I just read your sig EmBreon. Optimus PRIME was never an ape.

Haha, I know. It was sigged because it was such a ridiculously funny question.

And obviously I am still giving two thumbs up for the movie.

bigdog
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Alot of people will complain that the movie was too fast-paced (and it went by quick, don't get me wrong). But, there was so much crammed into this movie that it wasn't funny.

I'm not denying that the original 86 movie was better, but for a live action Transformers, this movie was awesome.

I avoided as many spoilers as I could. But those that haven't seen the movie, there might be one or two in this.

Peter Cullen voicing Prime (including a few lines that'll put a smile on anyone that's seen the animated movie). It was just awesome to hear his still strong on-screen presence though.

Bumblebee and Spike (his name's Sam, but he'll always be Spike to me) had a relationship that very closely matched the one they had in the cartoon. It was just a boy and his robot car (which is coincidentally the whole reason Michael Bay got involved with this in the first place). I won't spoil it for you, but there were definitely moments where you really forgot these were robots and started thinking of them as living people (which is actually part of the whole concept of Transformers, machines that are living). Some people complained that he's a Camaro instead of a VW Beatle, but his new form works in a different sort of way.

Ironhide was just like his G1 self, a faithful second in command to Prime. This guy is simply a tank in the movie, he's big and bulky, almost as big as Prime. Coincidentally, he's a truck too (I can't remember the exact model). And he's just as brave as Prime, going up against several Decepticons, despite the odds. Let's face it, they're outnumbered from the get go, but this guy has guts going up against that many. That's his cowboy attitude that I know and love.

Jazz was also true to his G1 version. Sure, he looks different, but his personality is relatively the same. A bit reckless and sort of a resident bad--- in the group. Yet he's still brave in the face of extreme odds and robots that are bigger than him. And yes, he still wears his visor. I won't say any more than that, to avoid spoilers.

I will say that many of the Decepticons weren't quite as developed as I would've liked them to be (and that IS a bit of a downside to it). Some of them were like monsters in the movie. And many of them just looked plain creepy. I can forgive this though, since there simply wasn't enough time to fully develop everyone. I mean, there's only so much you can do in two hours. But Megatron and Starscream 'Snively' do get some particular moments to shine.

The final battle (I won't spoil it for you) was a bit on the short side. But it was graced by a redux of one of the most famous lines ever spoken in Transformers lore. I won't tell you what that line is, but you'll know it when you hear it (here's a hint, Prime says it).

Overall, I tried to be as vague as possible with this review, so I wouldn't spoil too much. Other than that, go see it. It's definitely worth seeing, if for nothing else than the sci-fi giant robots beating the crud out of each other aspect. Even if you've already been told how it ends, go check it out. You won't be sorry. I promise you that.

As for the future, a sequel has been confirmed by some official sources (Entertainment Tonight, etc...) to be greenlighted. Only rumors exist as to what'll be in it. But this is proof that the Transformers phenomenon is still going strong, even here in the States.

I could only stand watching the 1986 movie for the first hour,
It was, in my opinion, ok but not as great as Beast Wars ; it was too slow paced, and i hate the '86 Spike , he was annoying, I give it a 3/5.

In the 2007 movie, it was the best movie i have watched this summer.

~The robots' designs were superior to the original,(I do admire the original designs but i have only watched the '86 movie and saw pics of the G1 robots).

~The last scene in Detroit was awesome because Sam killed Megatron with the Allspark(aka THE Matrix) and the humorous parts like,

~ The Old lady Flipping off the car dealer manager

~ The Random Teen Boy discussion and the girl popping out of nowhere.

~Backyard mayhem( when the Autobots detsroyed Sam's backyard)

~BumbleBee letting out lubricant on the government agent.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
07-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I liked the movie. Hehe, the girl was also hott. And yeah, the movie was good. The Pontiac died though. :cry:

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Try to not spoil it, foo. :P

The movie was AWESOME.

Requiem
07-13-2007, 03:15 AM
I liked the movie. Hehe, the girl was also hott. And yeah, the movie was good. The Pontiac died though. :cry:
we all know what happenst othe funny vibrant black guy in EVERY movie...

ZiVixx
07-13-2007, 03:04 PM
The movie was amazing, action-packed,funny,nice plot...Now it's right next to number one on my favorite movies list!

pokefan88
07-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I saw the movie it was awsome there was a lot of action in it my fav part was when bumblebee switched his camaro form to the newer 2009 concept camaro anyway the movie is a good one i recomend u see it.:biggrin:

SuperT
08-09-2007, 03:58 AM
I seeed that a sequal is come in out.

!CeMAn
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
It's probably been posted a hundred times already, but that Meagan Fox is one sexy lady.