PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy [All]

Cybernetic Ghost
06-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Discuss the series. Favorites, ect.

Original is still a great game. Never got into 2 the same way.

Favorite is probably still VII, then IX and X are tied. Not a fan of 8 tbh.

Playing back through 9 at the moment. Beefed my team before I left disk 3(Ragnarok+Gold Chocobo before I went into Ipsen's Castle, Maxed Dragon's Crest before Terra). Its starting to become my favorite in the series. Great character devolpment(not sure if its better then VII's though). Great story line, and the revisiting of the classic FF elements is great(the Crystal, Garland, Pandemonium, Necron, ect.).

VII was still revolutionary. Good battle system, first game that I remember that used cutscenes to deliver major elements of the plot, still used in the FF games now. Only real problem was the random battles being on average every ~3 steps(not an exaggeration; anyone who played the original can tell you that). But yeah, still have my copy of VII from the day it came out, had to get a new copy of IX though(Unopened on eBay for 10 bucks ;$) since I couldnt find my old one. Was a good deal at least though.

rygel960
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
final fantasy are great though, my favorite was final fantasy tactics advance, but if you're talking about square-enix, it would be kingdom hearts

Raine
06-30-2007, 04:49 PM
FFVII for sure. Sephiroth's still my favorite character from any video game.

Pervival_Cox
06-30-2007, 04:52 PM
ff6 will always be my favorite. XD

Yggdrasill
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM
My favourites are FFIV, FFVI and FFIX, and that will never change.
FFIX is my favourite out of those three though, I've basically done everything which can be done in game, even the EXII-Perfect game.

Cybernetic Ghost
07-01-2007, 12:08 PM
My favourites are FFIV, FFVI and FFIX, and that will never change.
FFIX is my favourite out of those three though, I've basically done everything which can be done in game, even the EXII-Perfect game.

Im so tempted to do a EXII Level one perfect game, but im not sure if I have the patience.

One guy did an EXII run in 8 hours I believe it was? Without skipping the FMVs, but I dont think it was a perfect run.

Yggdrasill
07-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Im so tempted to do a EXII Level one perfect game, but im not sure if I have the patience.
I forgot to include the LV1 part, but yeah, it's really difficult and requires a lot of resetting. Especially later in the game.
One guy did an EXII run in 8 hours I believe it was? Without skipping the FMVs, but I dont think it was a perfect run.
Yeah, it wasn't a perfect run, it was only a EXII run, and the person who did it was female. =P

Ultima Boss
07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Square/Squaresoft/Square Enix has sure ran their money with their franchise, being FFIV, FFV, and FFVI my favorites of them all. Then, I would have to say XII because I'm into political strife and judges.

Right now, I'm playing through FFVA (Final Fantasy V Advance). Although I have beaten Liquid Flame before, he's now being a pain and not changing form like half an hour after he became the freaking hand. Other than that, I love the jobs in this game, especially the four new ones.

Kenny
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I like FFVII, FFX, and FFXII.

Cybernetic Ghost
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I cant bring myself to play XII. Its supposed to have a good story, but the combat system really turns me off.

Random question for those who see this, why is everyone on here saying RIP Chris Benoit? The man killed him family and himself last I heard. If he can acutally strangle his wife and smother his son, I mean come on ;/.

Ultima Boss
07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I suppose you're not into MMORPG battle systems, 'eh? For me, the Gambit System is kind of cool just to see how they'll operate themselves without your every single command.

But, yeah, the man was on steroids and the whole world wrestling industry is pretty much dramatized for show. That's my opinion of this, at least.

Cybernetic Ghost
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I suppose you're not into MMORPG battle systems, 'eh? For me, the Gambit System is kind of cool just to see how they'll operate themselves without your every single command.

But, yeah, the man was on steroids and the whole world wrestling industry is pretty much dramatized for show. That's my opinion of this, at least.

Used to play WoW, so no real problem with MMO battle systems(at least, I like group PvP). Its just, Im not a fan of it in a 1 player game, +the scripts or w\e that make it so you have alot less action in the fights(I know it speeds up random fights, but eh, I played FFVII, I dont mind random battles <.<). That and from what I've seen, the level system sort of looks like the sphere grid with less defined rolls.

I like tactics, and I like anybody being able to do any roll. Over time. But Im also a big fan of the sphere grid. Was the perfection of leveling in FF imo. Anyone eventually will do any roll, in the mean time they have defined rolls. Over time though, the only characters worth using since they all have the same potential pretty much, are Tidus, Wakka and Rikku, since they can do the underwater fights+all have speed to start off with pretty much.

That, and they have good overdrives.

wad11656
07-02-2007, 11:34 PM
$45 Bucks for Final Fantasy VII!!!!

Okay...this is crazy. My mom was shopping for birthday presents for me (my birthday was July 1st), and she saw some Playstation 1 games on my wish list (Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX), and she said to herself, "Oh! We should get one of these! I'm sure they'd be cheap..." Then when she asked the person at the register if they had Final Fantasy VII, the guy's like,
"I doubt it, but I'll check..." then he exclaimed, "Oh! You're really lucky! We do have one! Final Fantasy VII..."
"Alright...how much is it?"
"$44.99"
"What!? Isn't that a Playsation 1 game!?"
"Yes, but it's a rare classic. They're great games, and ever since a movie based on it came out, people have gotten into the Final Fantasy VII craze again, and now most of them are sold out of all video game stores."

$44.99!?!?!?! Can you believe it?? I didn't have a CLUE...I thought my mom'd find one in this giant, unorganized stack of $5 or less video game pile...

I'm so deprived...I don't have a SINGLE Final Fantasy game, and I thought playing the Playstation 1 classics would be a good start--especially VII, 'cause it's the most famous one! I don't think I have any friends who have or if they do, are willing to give up a Playstation 1 Final Fantasy game...:ermm:

I hope to earn enough money by getting a job soon (still a bit too young) to get it...even if it is $45 bucks, but first, tell me what you guys think.

wad11656

Cybernetic Ghost
07-02-2007, 11:42 PM
$45 Bucks for Final Fantasy VII!!!!

Okay...this is crazy. My mom was shopping for birthday presents for me (my birthday was July 1st), and she saw some Playstation 1 games on my wish list (Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX), and she said to herself, "Oh! We should get one of these! I'm sure they'd be cheap..." Then when she asked the person at the register if they had Final Fantasy VII, the guy's like,
"I doubt it, but I'll check..." then he exclaimed, "Oh! You're really lucky! We do have one! Final Fantasy VII..."
"Alright...how much is it?"
"$44.99"
"What!? Isn't that a Playsation 1 game!?"
"Yes, but it's a rare classic. They're great games, and ever since a movie based on it came out, people have gotten into the Final Fantasy VII craze again, and now most of them are sold out of all video game stores."

$44.99!?!?!?! Can you believe it?? I didn't have a CLUE...I thought my mom'd find one in this giant, unorganized stack of $5 or less video game pile...

I'm so deprived...I don't have a SINGLE Final Fantasy game, and I thought playing the Playstation 1 classics would be a good start--especially VII, 'cause it's the most famous one! I don't think I have any friends who have or if they do, are willing to give up a Playstation 1 Final Fantasy game...:ermm:

I hope to earn enough money by getting a job soon (still a bit too young) to get it...even if it is $45 bucks, but first, tell me what you guys think.

wad11656

eBay is your friend.

FFIX is cheap on eBay, as its really, really underrated. VII on the other hand, you can find some deals every now and then, but because of 7s fan boys and because it really is a good game(albeit, overrated), its hard to find people who are willing to sell their games cheap. I personally wouldn't sell my copy at all, unless I was sure I could find an unopened cheaper(so, pretty much not willing to sell period)

wad11656
07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
eBay is your friend.

FFIX is cheap on eBay, as its really, really underrated. VII on the other hand, you can find some deals every now and then, but because of 7s fan boys and because it really is a good game(albeit, overrated), its hard to find people who are willing to sell their games cheap. I personally wouldn't sell my copy at all, unless I was sure I could find an unopened cheaper(so, pretty much not willing to sell period)

Ahh...thankyou! I just bid on Final Fantasy VII for $6.00+$4.60 shipping, but I doubt I'll win...but hey.:razz:

If I don't win that one, I think I'm going to try to get Final Fantasy IX, which is actually the one I wanted MOST. I put a star next to it on my wishlist, though my mother didn't notice I did so...:oops: I played it at my friend's house one time, and it was the first experience I had with Final Fantasy, and I had become in love with it and wanted a copy of it ever since. That was about 6,7, or 8 years ago!:eek: The biggest reason though, is because I want to play as that little fire wizard guy that you have to face in Kingdom Hearts II for some odd reason at one point. I forget his name, though... :oops:

Anyway, most of the Final Fantasy VII games are $30.00 at the least + shipping...:confused: Better, but only by $15.

And you're right about the IX games--way under-rated. I found a "Buy it now" NEW & FACTORY SEALED copy for only $10.84:eek: But my mom won't let me get it in case I win the VII bid...(she doesn't want to get more than 2 of these things...:razz:)

You wouldn't believe this:
http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a7/b6/521b_1.JPG

...for only $.75!!! Though it's $7.99 shipping, but still! That's amazing! There's a guide included and everything!

Cybernetic Ghost
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Ahh...thankyou! I just bid on Final Fantasy VII for $6.00+$4.60 shipping, but I doubt I'll win...but hey.:razz:

If I don't win that one, I think I'm going to try to get Final Fantasy IX, which is actually the one I wanted MOST. I put a star next to it on my wishlist, though my mother didn't notice I did so...:oops: I played it at my friend's house one time, and it was the first experience I had with Final Fantasy, and I had become in love with it and wanted a copy of it ever since. That was about 6,7, or 8 years ago!:eek: The biggest reason though, is because I want to play as that little fire wizard guy that you have to face in Kingdom Hearts II for some odd reason at one point. I forget his name, though... :oops:

Anyway, most of the Final Fantasy VII games are $30.00 at the least + shipping...:confused: Better, but only by $15.

And you're right about the IX games--way under-rated. I found a "Buy it now" NEW & FACTORY SEALED copy for only $10.84:eek: But my mom won't let me get it in case I win the VII bid...(she doesn't want to get more than 2 of these things...:razz:)

You wouldn't believe this:
http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a7/b6/521b_1.JPG

...for only $.75!!! Though it's $7.99 shipping, but still! That's amazing! There's a guide included and everything!

Yeah, 7 has ALOT of fanboys. Its a great game and probably is my favorite in the series, but I cant deny its overrated. People WILL try to rip you off because of it.

FFIX on the other hand, is hated by alot from what I understand. I personally love it, and its either my 2nd or 3rd favorite, on its way to becoming the first. The refrences to the old games+it has a good battle system and story itself just makes it an amazing game imo. Mini-games are really fun also(I>Chocobo Hot&Cold).

Yggdrasill
07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I got FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX (All still in original wrapping) in one bundle off eBay for £30, a real bargain if you ask me.
I've seen FFVII's DEMO go for $200 on Gamestop before....

tai sky
07-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Played: FF10, FF7, FF12, FF10-2
Beaten: FF10
Almost Beaten: FF10-2, FF7
Close to Beating: FF12
Own; FF10, FF12
Those are my stats! *chuckles*:cool:

Cybernetic Ghost
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Played:I, II, VII, VIII, IX, X, Tactics Advanced
Own:I, II, VII, IX, X, Tactics Advanced
Beaten:I, VII, IX, X, Tactics Advanced

I think I may have the demo for VII around my house somewhere...

Lucavi
07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
No love for FFT? That game had the best storyline i've ever seen.

Cybernetic Ghost
07-03-2007, 06:17 PM
No love for FFT? That game had the best storyline i've ever seen.

Couldn't say, unfortunatly never found a copy, and none of my friends owned it. Never had a chance to play ;/.

Forgot, I've played and beaten Tactics advanced. I dont get why so many people dont like it, it wasnt as great as some as the others, but it was a great game imo.

Yggdrasill
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I want Tactics, but It was never released in Europe, and I can't be bothered finding a freeloader just so I can play it.
Tactics Advance was decent, but it got boring and repetitive after a while.

Kenny
07-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I cant bring myself to play XII. Its supposed to have a good story, but the combat system really turns me off.

Random question for those who see this, why is everyone on here saying RIP Chris Benoit? The man killed him family and himself last I heard. If he can acutally strangle his wife and smother his son, I mean come on ;/.

It took me a while to get into the battling system of FFXII.

And Benoit was a good wrestler. He may have turned crazy, but he still had the best technique in the WWE.

Ashanti98079
07-04-2007, 03:57 AM
I really liked Final Fantasy 7, And Tactics was a lot of fun for me too. I really like the battle system, thought it was pretty fun ^^