PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh Card: Text Questions

BlazikenInferno
11-29-2004, 11:40 PM
I don't think there is a thread to ask this, if there is, or if this thread is considered pointless or something, please have a mod lock it.

I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to make a thread where people could ask questions about what the text of a card means. Like how to interperet a certian cards effect.

Here's a card I've been wondering about:

Amazoness Tiger
4 stars
ATK/1100 DEF/1500
[Beast/Effect]
Only 1 "Amazoness Tiger" can exist on your side of the field at a time. Increase the ATK of this monster by 400 points for each monster on your side of the field that includes "Amazoness" in its name, or is named "Amazon Archer". As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot select another monster on your side of the field that includes "Amazoness" in its name, or is named "Amazon Archer", as an attack target.

So, first of all, does this mean it powers up itself? I have a Yu-Gi-Oh Gameboy Advance game (The Eternal Duelist Soul, an older one), and in my game an effect would have it effect itself (for instance, Machine King powers up itself). But is it legal or not?

Second, if the first part (raising attack by 400 points) does effect itself, would that mean that the second part (cannot be chosen for an opponent's monster's attack target) effects itself?

Alakazam
11-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Hmm...according to the text, he would power himself up, but his second effect says "another monster", so that would only work on another monster.

That is, unless Upper Deck has a ruling on this...

BlazikenInferno
11-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Mmmm, where would they be? www.yugioh-card.com?

Thanks for the ruling, I just noticed that "another" thing.

EDIT: I looked, it says Amazoness Tiger does indeed power up itself but it doesn't mention about the other part effecting itself so I suppose it doesn't. But I found something really cool, if you equip an Amazoness monster with Raregold Armor and Amazoness Tiger is on the field, your opponent can't attack!

Now, any other questions on card text?

Kenny_C.002
11-30-2004, 02:48 AM
Eseentially you have a "hey target me cuz you can't target anyone else!" guy with an ability to pump with amazonesses (note that unless somehow its effect is disabled that it's a 1500ATK monster) and amazon archers. Not bad, but non-targetting cards like fissure can hit through it (and cards like raigeki and dark hole also).

Zero
11-30-2004, 02:55 AM
That's why you got the back-up cards (Anti-Raigeki, Forcefeild, Magic Jammer, White hole, any other card like that.) thanks for mentioning that weekness though, My friend has a deck just like that, and now I can kill his tiger without wasting a card before he special summons a higher level monster.

Manjoume Jun
12-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Anti Raigeki and White Hole are horrible HORRIBLE cards though.

Anyways, just a text clarification question here...

Gearfried the Iron Knight is chosen as the target for Blast with Chain.
Gearfried's effect destroys Blast with Chain because the effect of the latter treats it as an Equip Spell Card, which is what Gearfried loves destroying.
Can I presume that this situation will still invoke Blast with Chain's effect of allowing the destruction of any 1 card on the field if a card effect destroys it?

I would assume yes, but I just wanna' confirm to be absolutely sure.