PDA

View Full Version : That's the Pe2k Spirit!

Exon Auxus
07-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I've been snooping throughout the forums lately and noticed that a lot of members have one LARGE problem in common. A lot of them are sulking, getting angry, flaming, complaining, or even threatening to leave over the fact that "Pe2k has been invaded by noobs who only come for Wifi and hacking" among other things. What's the purpose of this thread? To remind all members about how great this place is, even with all of the newbies.

Personally, I believe that just because some people came here to play a game doesn't mean that the older members should quit. That makes no sense. In fact, half of the new members only post in the Pkmn Diamond/Pearl section. If you can't stand the newbs so much then just don't go to that area; it's as simple as that. Let's all remember why we all joined here(or at least most of us). Because we had an affinity for pokemon and friendship. That's what Pe2k is, and that's what it always shall be. So post here, and help me spread the word that Pe2k is still one of the greatest things since sliced bread.

Lusitania
07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, I didn't leave, I didn't yell at the n00bs, but I've complained, ALOT.

Furyflame
07-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Yay! Pe2k=sliced bread!!!!!XD

troacctid
07-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I dunno...internet forums are neat an' all, but I'm not sure if they can stand up to the powerhouse that is Sliced Bread. That stuff is pretty great.

Furyflame
07-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah, you're right sliced braed is pretty good....Anyway thanks SS for reminding us what Pe2k is all about!

Exon Auxus
07-01-2007, 11:42 PM
So some are a little stubborn, but still... (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1296661&postcount=144)

Xalapeno
07-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I think that people are more annoyed with the fact that people only sign up to make a few or no posts and then they leave. Some of those make threads with questions that have already been answered.

That's what I think.

I personally don't care. I'm all for helping others and having fun.:happy:

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I think that people are more annoyed with the fact that people only sign up to make a few or no posts and then they leave. Some of those make threads with questions that have already been answered.

That's what I think.

I personally don't care. I'm all for helping others and having fun.:happy:
Yep. If you look at the first page of the Members List, over half of all the members listed there never make more then fifty posts. :P

Furyflame
07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Yep. If you look at the first page of the Members List, over half of all the members listed there never make more then fifty posts. :P
You stalk the members list?o_0

Ace
07-02-2007, 12:10 AM
It's pretty much a given that in a forum that requires users to register, there is a great disproportion of registered members with >100 posts over registered members <100 posts. Some people would like one or a few questions answered, and that’s all the business they really have here. Others are just really young and really don’t know what the heck they’re doing in forums like this, so many of them just totally make a mess out of things and either leave knowing they messed up or are flamed out. It’s all expected, pretty much. I don’t usually have a problem with those kinds of people unless there’s a problem in particular to do with me, so yeah. :tongue:

troacctid
07-02-2007, 12:16 AM
The ones who bug me are guys like this (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/member.php?u=4862) who register and forget about it. It doesn't help that this guy's homepage is called "sexual care online." Ugh. Awful.

Furyflame
07-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I really hate when people do stupid stuff like that.

Ace
07-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Ah, I got a PM by one, oddly enough. It was really weird. Hmmm...

Hello,
I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi" :)

How's it going?

---
abigail
http://gail.freehostia.com

(above person doesn't have 1 actual post on these forums but just so happened to PM me)

Eh, I wasn't even active at the time she sent that PM, so I'm all like: o_o

Furyflame
07-02-2007, 12:21 AM
That link kind of creeps me out......:eek:

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 12:23 AM

(above person doesn't have 1 actual post on these forums but just so happened to PM me)

Lol, it feels so good to know there are still members who care.

Furyflame
07-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Wee! Caring and sharing is like tacos!

Azumao
07-02-2007, 12:41 AM
I really don't think that you guys should be posting links to people you consider n00bs. If you sit there and make fun of them and point fingers, you're really no better than they are.

If I recall correctly, this thread is about people that leave PE2K because of the n00bs, or threaten to, and how an "iron curtain" has settled over PE2K. xP Although, I don't recall this being "let's look at all of the n00bs and how stupid they are!" thread.

I think that it will pass once DP wears off, so I'll just grin and bear it.

Furyflame
07-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Just wait 'till PMD2 comes out with Wi-fi.....:tongue:

Ace
07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Speaking of DP I always forget about what happened to Dark Pikachu. He still around? o_o

Furyflame
07-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Speaking of DP I always forget about what happened to Dark Pikachu. He still around? o_o
He got eaten by the wild monkeys 'cuz he tastes like steak!

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-02-2007, 12:55 AM

That type of thing's happened to me more times than I care to count. And they're all from people who've never made a single post, ironically.

I really don't think that you guys should be posting links to people you consider n00bs. If you sit there and make fun of them and point fingers, you're really no better than they are.

If I recall correctly, this thread is about people that leave PE2K because of the n00bs, or threaten to, and how an "iron curtain" has settled over PE2K. xP Although, I don't recall this being "let's look at all of the n00bs and how stupid they are!" thread.

Yeah, same thing happened when MD came out. Whenever there's a big revelation in the world of Pokemon video games, there's this huge hype about it for several months, then every thing returns to normal. Guess we'll just have to give it a little time. . . -.-

The Jr Trainer
07-02-2007, 01:04 AM
For sence non of you are leaving(or semi-leaving) I am. Im not going to be on as much. I am tires of the thread that read "Do you know any AR codes?". They dont look at the Stickies nor do they Probaly know what a Sticky is. It is annoying to sign on and see crap threads that have could of gone in a Sticky. I know it is cooling down now but as for the TIME I am sick of al these n00bs as mean poeple call them. I just call them people that don't know what there doing. Maybe once there are less people that make piontless threads I will be on like I was before. All the time as some people know. But lots of people don't like me(I know it just admit it).

Does that say anything?

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 01:07 AM
For sence non of you are leaving(or semi-leaving) I am. Im not going to be on as much. I am tires of the thread that read "Do you know any AR codes?". They dont look at the Stickies nor do they Probaly know what a Sticky is. It is annoying to sign on and see crap threads that have could of gone in a Sticky. I know it is cooling down now but as for the TIME I am sick of al these n00bs as mean poeple call them. I just call them people that don't know what there doing. Maybe once there are less people that make piontless threads I will be on like I was before. All the time as some people know. But lots of people don't like me(I know it just admit it).

Does that say anything?

Yes that says something. You missed the ENTIRE point of this thread.

Poring
07-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Hmm. I'm new here, and, compared to some other forums I know of, there's actually a lot less flaming going on here. I, for one, am content with how it is now. I'm not saying I don't want anything to change, and if it changes for the better, that's great. It's just that this place is good enough already. Sure there's noobs/hackers/whatever, but it's not like PE2K is flooded with them. Relative to other places, anyway.

Just my two cents. (Did I use that idiom right?)

General Dunsparce
07-02-2007, 02:36 AM
i think you did! and your right!

Professor Geoffrey
07-02-2007, 02:52 AM
I don't even know what that idiom means... :ermm:

I love PE2K, and I'll only leave when the noob invasion is highly iminate, when I graduate High School (a short leave), and if I die between now, and whenI'm supposed to die, if some tragic accident happened. Or if I get banned, which is almost impossible. I've been here for almost a year, and apparently seniority is almost everything. I didn't have the ability to do everyday access to the comuter since... April 2006. It's because my mom was doing work on it. Then, I got more time on the computer when I got my own!

I wasn't sure about the Forum until Lapraslvr (my cousin) showed me his account. Apparently, the day after he showed me, he was temporarily banned. Then, it turned into a permanent ban, for no specified reason. Megumi only temporarily banned him, then I guess Ryan must've butt in and made a harsher decision (Or, Megumi or another mod did). If only he was here... Sigh.

Blue-
07-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Hmm... I actually joined because I couldn't join this other forum, and I was mad about that and yeah... It doesn't help that my parents don't want me doing this. But they don't know about it... so... Meh.

BUT, I love this forum to death, and the only reason I would ever leave would be to start a new chapter of my life, if I became emo, got banned, my parents found out, my sister found out and told my parents, if everyone shunned me and flamed me, or if I just didn't want to come on anymore. (But that would probably be because of boredom, or disinterest in Pokemon.)

Edit: This forum really has a lot to offer, and from what I've heard, it's one of the best on the net. :)

Ace
07-02-2007, 03:35 AM
And despite the fact that a lot of people thought this place would die and go to hell a trillion times over, it's still around. xD

Yep, this is an amazing place. :cool:

BladeTest
07-02-2007, 04:40 AM
I joined before the D/P boards were made. So I'm not one of them, but I still wish, that people didn't come just to advertise their bad, forums, or to ask n00bish questions, and if you don't answere them the same second you post them, then they'll double, triple, or od forbid quadrupule post. I know we can get throught this n00b invasion, but it will take some time. Also, PMD 2, probably won't come out for another year, so I think we'll be safe, until then.

~BT~

Kenny_C.002
07-02-2007, 05:35 AM
And despite the fact that a lot of people thought this place would die and go to hell a trillion times over, it's still around. xD

Yep, this is an amazing place. :cool:
Look what the anime girl dragged in. It's Ace :O

You know, it's pretty true. For some reason, it'll stay alive, possibly as long as the website is alive, though.

Poring
07-02-2007, 05:45 AM
Hmm. I actually joined this place at first because I needed the item Up-Grade and I needed to find a trading message board. I found this one and it had a great trading board, where I proceeded to make even more trades until I had a bunch of leends and shinies... Then that got a little boring and I looked at the rest of the site and it was great, too. The people here are kind, and don't get mad when you ask a question that has an answer in the deep depths of some forgotten thread. Although, as I learned, I have to watch my grammar and spelling in the RP board. But the people there are nice anyway.

Yup, this is the best Pokemon board I've ever seen yet.

Kenny_C.002
07-02-2007, 05:51 AM
That's really all I ask for these days, grammar and spelling, so I can understand them.

Ace
07-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Look what the anime girl dragged in. It's Ace :O

You know, it's pretty true. For some reason, it'll stay alive, possibly as long as the website is alive, though.

xD Didn't you ever notice that I responded to that Code Geass thread? Eh, I guess I didn't *really* start posting again until today. :tongue:

But yeah, this formula usually applies to judgement of new members: spelling + grammar = win.

Kenny_C.002
07-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Psh. Who looks at "username" when talking about Code Geass? XD

And yeah, it's pretty much how most people look at it nowadays. If they have proper grammar and spelling (or close enough to it), chances are that new member's a keeper. lol

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Psh. Who looks at "username" when talking about Code Geass? XD

And yeah, it's pretty much how most people look at it nowadays. If they have proper grammar and spelling (or close enough to it), chances are that new member's a keeper. lol

Lol, @ Code Geass.

And I had sucky ( far from great ) grammar and spelling when I came here. Still here after this long XD

For the reference, I'm getting quite fed up with these 'noobs are overrunning pe2k, let's quit/don't quit' threads, that I'm just gonna go on a locking spree when I see one more popping up.

Seriously, if people want to leave, let them make their own decision. Most of them will come back if they want to. Just like !Ce said: pe2k is as addicting as PEZ, once you pop, you can't stop.

-]DU[-

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Lol, @ Code Geass.

And I had sucky ( far from great ) grammar and spelling when I came here. Still here after this long XD

For the reference, I'm getting quite fed up with these 'noobs are overrunning pe2k, let's quit/don't quit' threads, that I'm just gonna go on a locking spree when I see one more popping up.

Seriously, if people want to leave, let them make their own decision. Most of them will come back if they want to. Just like !Ce said: pe2k is as addicting as PEZ, once you pop, you can't stop.

-]DU[-

Yeah, I used to see you in the DCC before you became a mod a long time ago. Your spelling looked like....well I can't think of anything give me some time.

I want you to know that this thread isn't here to convince leaving members to stay, rather to show them how great Pe2k is.

Shiny Loser
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Well, in a nutshell (that's the awesome British expression I learned a few days ago) I'm never going to leave here. I've bashed n00bs quite a lot, and I'm pretty annoyed by them but I keep up the hope that after all the D/P craze dies down, they'll leave. Maybe not at once, but gradually. And even if they don't, still, I think about all those good things and when you compare them to the small problem of n00bs, it makes you wanna stay. Nuff said.

Ace
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I used to see you in the DCC before you became a mod a long time ago. Your spelling looked like....well I can't think of anything give me some time.

I always thought it was because he came from a place where they use another variant of English? You know, like England English. o_o

Shadow Eevee
07-02-2007, 05:21 PM

Eh, I wasn't even active at the time she sent that PM, so I'm all like: o_oI got the same thing.

But they started pointing! :O

Just wait 'till PMD2 comes out with Wi-fi.....:tongue:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Seriously. Grin and bear it was for the day after it was released. Now it's all 'Sargent, grab your helmet! Make a moat around this place! They're coming! That's the attitude we should give in the Introduce yourself thread. J/k. xD

Light Manaphy
07-02-2007, 05:27 PM

I got the exact same PM.:surp:

anyways, thanks SS for posting this. I'm staying here for as long as I can, no matter how many noobs sign up for this place and spam up the battling boards :biggrin:

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 05:37 PM
I got the exact same PM.:surp:

anyways, thanks SS for posting this. I'm staying here for as long as I can, no matter how many noobs sign up for this place and spam up the battling boards :biggrin:

No problem. I've always been sad when members left. Back in ma older days here, in late 2005, I was known as the guy who spassed out when ANYONE left. Now of course, I'm a lot calmer, and try to up the attitude about this place a lot.

Light Manaphy
07-02-2007, 05:44 PM
No problem. I've always been sad when members left. Back in ma older days here, in late 2005, I was known as the guy who spassed out when ANYONE left. Now of course, I'm a lot calmer, and try to up the attitude about this place a lot.

a bunch of my good friends left... for instance, xxxSakura, Hoshika, Ridley, and ShadowLink (although he's on here every so often).

I miss the old days of early 2007 :sad:

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I miss !Ce, Sky Girl(Her old self...), Kayden(although her activity's rising again), and PKMaster Lan.

Sorry, I'm arguing with some guy over a small topic in the battle threads. :P

Kenny_C.002
07-02-2007, 08:42 PM
a bunch of my good friends left... for instance, xxxSakura, Hoshika, Ridley, and ShadowLink (although he's on here every so often).

I miss the old days of early 2007 :sad:
You know, the old days I'd refer to are like 2002. XD

silverfrost
07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
You know, the old days I'd refer to are like 2002. XD

lol, Yeah. Mine are like, 2003 and 2004. Jeesh XP

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 09:27 PM
lol, Yeah. Mine are like, 2003 and 2004. Jeesh XP

Wow I forgot Pe2k was around since before 2004. *owned*

My old days are mid-2005...

Matt
07-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow I forgot Pe2k was around since before 2004. *owned*

My old days are mid-2005...
Thus the name of the site...

Exon Auxus
07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Thus the name of the site...

You know you've seen it all when the panda guy comes out of nowhere and owns you eh?

Espeon EX
07-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I remember when I joined PE2K, I was sorta a newb myself, but I evolved month after month and grew to it, and acted like I know this place and such. I couldn't grow here myself though, people help other newbs grow here so they can help others aswell. And as for the d/p thread, the game will soon downfall and some people won't even want to chat about it anymore. This kinda stuff happens sometimes, when new games come out, others want to join and talk about like that. I'm sure when everybody joined, they were probably considered, a newb, but they soon became a member month after month, so just give them time to attach here. I stopped complaining and realized this.

Linoone
07-03-2007, 01:37 AM
That is right...Old (People that started a long time ago) Should have stayed..It doesn't matter about the D/p just post in other places!!!!

Sliced Bread is good though even it was better..:whistle:

The Jr Trainer
07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Yes that says something. You missed the ENTIRE point of this thread.

Good that is what I was going for...No it didn't really.

Exon Auxus
07-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Good that is what I was going for...No it didn't really.

With all due respect you may want to re-read the first post. It's to show that we can have fun with or without newbs, and you've posted the exact opposite.

Furyflame
07-03-2007, 06:13 PM
With all due respect you may want to re-read the first post. It's to show that we can have fun with or without newbs, and you've posted the exact opposite.
Since when are noobs fun?

Exon Auxus
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Since when are noobs fun?

Let's not talk about them...I mean...

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Dude, I really miss the good old days. . . Sky Girl, Lan . . .
Wish they'd come back like you did, Mark. :(

~Falcon~
07-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Sky girl is kinda back for war and...well... Lan is banned :P

Exon Auxus
07-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Like I said before, when I returned I was so sad to see that all my great friends from the old days were gone. Sky Girl, Lan, !Ce, ShinyPkmnMaster, and you Kayden. You guys were my closest friends here... Sense I was inactive for some...7-8 maybe even 9 months, I wasn't even here to see them go. It made me so sad...

I'm glad at least you're active. Lego keeps in touch with !Ce, although !Ce has no way of communicating with us since he lost his computer, and has VERY limited phone access. SPM changed her name to Angelic Kitsune and then stopped being active completely. I have no clue what happened to Lan(banned? wtf...he's AzureLight?). And Sky Girl's like half-active.

Diesel 34
07-04-2007, 04:09 AM
!ce has come on a bit lately. Not for long, but he comes on once or twice or week for a bit.

Exon Auxus
07-04-2007, 04:18 AM
!ce has come on a bit lately. Not for long, but he comes on once or twice or week for a bit.

No way? If you see him on here again and I happen to be offline, tell him to PM me! We've got a lot of freakin' catching up to do!

Furyflame
07-04-2007, 04:19 AM
No way? If you see him on here again and I happen to be offline, tell him to PM me! We've got a lot of freakin' catching up to do!
What does this have to do with Pe2k being invaded by noobs?

Diesel 34
07-04-2007, 04:25 AM

Umm... why don't you just PM him now?

Exon Auxus
07-04-2007, 04:31 AM
What does this have to do with Pe2k being invaded by noobs?
I veered off the a more personal note. I'm sorry, back on topic shall we?

Umm... why don't you just PM him now?

And I'm the half-wit who didn't think of that?

Diesel 34
07-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Anyway, I like this thread. Helps me get away from all the insanity of the noobs. *Goes to happy place*

IMAHCHARGINMAHLAZERZ
07-04-2007, 08:02 AM
*invades with all of his noobness, and posts a witty comment and or joke, slightly flaming but amusing to the point were it makes someone laugh*

thats pretty much all my posts, though im a noob.

Im glad to see that people have softened up, looking at older posts :goofy:

-Look, a paradox!

Made ya look.

hehehehe....

IMAHCHARGINMAHLAZERZ

Exon Auxus
07-04-2007, 11:06 PM
*invades with all of his noobness, and posts a witty comment and or joke, slightly flaming but amusing to the point were it makes someone laugh*

thats pretty much all my posts, though im a noob.

Im glad to see that people have softened up, looking at older posts :goofy:

-Look, a paradox!

Made ya look.

hehehehe....

IMAHCHARGINMAHLAZERZ

I see "Most Bizarre Member" all over your face. :oops:

Well, at someone doesn't mind the new members! Lol just joking guys.

Hoshika
07-04-2007, 11:13 PM
N00bs isn't a problem, lotsa n00bs is. But I can try to move on. =D *blows up*

At least it's good to know that there are at least some people we know very well and have a brain. =P

Furyflame
07-05-2007, 01:42 AM
N00bs isn't a problem, lotsa n00bs is. But I can try to move on. =D *blows up*

At least it's good to know that there are at least some people we know very well and have a brain. =P
Members that have a brain like me?XD JK

Exon Auxus
07-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Members that have a brain like me?XD JK

The exact opposite I'm sure:D

Furyflame
07-06-2007, 02:42 AM
The exact opposite I'm sure:D
But they don't have rainbow text! XD

DragoniteMistress
07-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Proud to say I've been a PE2K member for over a year >: D

9 month absence though xD When I came back the noob infestation had already taken place.

Exon Auxus
07-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Zomg! Can't let this thread die. :cool:

Furyflame
07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
There isn't much more to this thread.

Exon Auxus
07-12-2007, 02:42 AM
There isn't much more to this thread.

Do you think, the members here feel better from seeing this thread? Besides, the "noob infestation" is actually calming down now.

Shadow Eevee
07-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Do you think, the members here feel better from seeing this thread? Besides, the "noob infestation" is actually calming down now.

Really? I thought people were just using the ignore button.

Furyflame
07-12-2007, 03:34 AM
XD That's another way to resolve the problem.

Exon Auxus
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Well, I just don't like to see people complain...:cool:

Kenneth
07-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Huh! I got that same exact PM. That's pretty odd.... maybe she went around sending that PM all over the place...?

Furyflame
07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Huh! I got that same exact PM. That's pretty odd.... maybe she went around sending that PM all over the place...?
She probably did, some people join just to advertise their websites.

Shadow Eevee
07-13-2007, 04:32 PM
She probably did, some people join just to advertise their websites.
I doubt a Buddhist would join a Pokemon forum to advertise their website. That is, if we're talking about Abigail.

Exon Auxus
07-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Eh, remember, we're not here to outcast the newbs.