PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall Z Combat Planet

ElimN8
03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Exclusive club for DB/Z/GT fans.

To join, you have to respect/enjoy any or all parts of the trilogy; if there is something in particular you do not like about the series, and wish to voice your opinion, do it in a presentable manner. Purposely dismissive and unintelligible posts like "dbz sux!" will promptly be deleted.

Registration Form
-Name
-Character chosen to represent you; can be from the series or even made-up. Duplicates are accepted.

Your rank will be given to you upon acceptance into the club. Ranks are member titles based on a percentage that increases as you become more active and participate to a higher extent.

Club activities include: General Discussion, Theoretical Discussion, Debates (e.g. "Who Would Win?"), Member RP/Sparring, Fan Art/Fiction Feedback, and more.

MEMBER LIST
------------------
Name: ElimN8
Character: Vegeta

Name: Dapkmnguy_3000
Character: Teen Gohan

Name: ReclusiveDemon
Character: Super Buu

Name: Marco
Charcter: Uub

Name: Tamer
Character: Goku

Name: Magare
Character: Vegeta

Name: -x-White Wolf-x- / "Gogeta"
Character: Gogeta

Name: Sutiivun
Character: Future Trunks

Name: Chaos
Character: Vegeto

I lost the member list with the old new forums :mad:, so if you were a member already just tell me and I'll add you back on.

Raddstealth316
03-14-2004, 04:40 PM
I was a member with Teen Gohan

ReclusiveDemon
03-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Name: ReclusiveDemon
Character: Super Buu

Tamer Marco
03-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Name:Marco
Charcter: Uub

May I join?

ElimN8
03-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Sure. Welcome aboard.

Tamer
03-14-2004, 05:55 PM
I was in...I was Goku :wink:

Magare
03-14-2004, 07:25 PM
And I was a member too. And I had vegeta (the most arrogant and loving character around :wink: )

--White Wolf--
03-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Name:Gogeta
Character: Gogeta

Sutiivun
03-14-2004, 11:54 PM
I was in this. I was Future Trunks! :wink:

ElimN8
03-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Okay, cool. You're back on the list.

So, this is everyone from the previous club except SK and Alex, right?

ReclusiveDemon
03-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Okay, cool. You're back on the list.

So, this is everyone from the previous club except SK and Alex, right?
*Scratches his head.* I think so.

Magare
03-16-2004, 09:10 PM
So, how about we start?

Tamer Marco
03-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Umm... So what was everyone's favorite saga?

ElimN8
03-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Umm... So what was everyone's favorite saga?
Hmm, tough to say, but right now I'd probably say Buu Saga.

*Scratches his head.* I think so.
Alright then, if you see either of those two around let me know.

If I'm not mistaken, the old club left off during a discussion SK brought up concerning the incontinuity of the movie features to the anime series. I had a pretty well-thought-out post going there about the plot holes in the third movie, but it was lost when the phpBB board went offline. If anyone's interested, I've typed it up again, for further speculation.

Okay, so Movie 3 (Chikuu Marugoto Chou-kessen; "Ultimate Decisive Battle for Earth" / The Tree of Might) has to take place sometime during the Saiyan Saga. We know this because it features Goku wearing his King Kai training Gi, and he demonstrates that he knows both the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb techniques, which he learned from King Kai.

However, in the series, when Goku is brought back to life, everyone else (Piccolo, Tien, Yamcha, etc.) is dead. But here, every character is featured, halo-less, and very alive. So in order for this to work, it'd have to take place before the fight with Vegeta and Nappa. Of course, this can't be; since, as previously stated, Goku has obviously completed his training with King Kai, and the team is aware of the Saiyan race. ("They don't look like Saiyajin, but I still have a bad feeling about this" ~Krillin; Japanese version translation.) Of course, this can probabaly be ruled out as a major point seeing as how they would've, by this time, already encountered Raditz; I thought I'd through it in since the wording seems to insinuate that they're somewhat familiar with the race, i.e. have met multiple Saiyans; not just one.

In addition to this, as we can see, Gohan is still a boy, and adourns his mushroom haircut. Note that he doesn't start wearing his hair in this style until right before and up until the Frieza Saga, so that rules out the possibility of the movie taking place before Raditz arrives...

Which leads me to my proposition that perhaps this movie occurs after the Saiyan Saga, but before they leave for planet Namek. In the series, the two events are chronological, but assuming that there is some elapsed time in-between the events that is unshown in the series, you can say that this movie is possible.

ElimN8
03-26-2004, 03:15 AM
Necessary Bump.

Seriously; it's been weeks. What's the holdup? If you're not interested in the topic at hand, or have nothing to add, then just say so and maybe bring up a new topic; that's all. It's a club, anyone can start or suggest something new.

Sutiivun
03-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Sorry Elim, I haven't been home this weekend so, yeah. The problem is I don't have a suggestion for a topic.

I believe about what you say on the movie "The Tree of Might." I was wondering if that happened before the Frieza Saga. :think:

Magare
04-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Well, to bring up something new...

In your opinion, who is stronger:

Trunks or Goten?

Crossfire Chaos
04-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Can I join?
I want Vegeto to represent me.

BTW: I created a RP for DB/Z/GT in the Other Rp section. Titiled "DBID"
BTW2: Trunks cause he has a big-ass sword.

Tamer Marco
04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Well, to bring up something new...

In your opinion, who is stronger:

Trunks or Goten? Trunks. Stronger and smarter.

ElimN8
04-12-2004, 12:40 AM
BTW: I created a RP for DB/Z/GT in the Other Rp section. Titiled "DBID"

Thanks, but keep in mind I'm going to create an official RP for us sometime...when; I don't know, but if the demand is high, then it can be established within a week or so.

(*Chaos added.)

On the current subject: Hm, it depends on what timeline you're referring to... :think: :tongue2:

Magare
04-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Is there a timeline in which Goten is stronger than Trunks :eek: ?

Tamer Marco
04-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Is there a timeline in which Goten is stronger than Trunks :eek: ? I think so. In GT Baby gets Goten and Trunks. And it seemed that Goten had more power and strenght!