PDA

View Full Version : Real Fiction Game Lobby

Lord Fedora
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Discuss Real Fiction here. This is also where I'll put up important bulletins and information, as well as the current bounties for all players, and everyone's current quests as well as some clues and updates on them.

Ladder of Power:
http://i11.tinypic.com/5yrjkna.png

Lord Fedora
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Guilds (moved here for space reasons)

Mage: Magical skills required. In the Mages Guild you take on quests designed to enhance your magical skills and give you special spells. One benefit to being in the Mages Guild is the Book of Spells. It is taboo to use another person's spell, but by writing a spell in there with the way the spell would work in mind (you MUST be very advanced in magic as well as with your operation of the controller to use this feature) will create the spells existence.

Thief: Get tossed in the slammer enough times for stealing and someone may just give you an invitation to join the Thieves Guild. The big thing about he Thieves Guild is the big money in it. Ordinarily you can't sell anything stolen, but through the Thieves Guild you can find out where there are some excellent people to sell to. Additionally, everyone will occasionally pull a big job together, and those who do choose to do this get a BIG slice of the pie.

Mercenary: Oh, you'll love the Mercenaries Guild. Like the Thieves Guild, you work for a lot of money. Unlike in the Thieves Guild, getting caught won't get you arrested. The downside? As a mercenary, you can't commit any crimes. At all. Ever. So, if you're into money and you're in to the good guy routine, enjoy. Otherwise, don't even come near their offices.

Brother: No, not by blood. Let's say you kill some random person. Not anyone who's attacked you, not someone who got in your way while stealing, it has to be cold murder. Someone will approach you some time later, telling you about the Brotherhood, an elite Assassin's Guild. He will give you a task to kill someone. Should you succeed, you will be brought in as a Brother. Then, you will be tasked to kill people in certain ways. Should you succeed, you are given a special reward, a valuable knife, an enchanted jewel, something like that.

Bounty Hunter: Fun. I'll break it down. When someone commits a crime, then a bounty comes up on their head, and that bounty is put up on the bounty board in the offices of the Bounty Hunter's Guild everywhere. If you're a Bounty Hunter, you will be allowed to look at this board and take on these tasks. If you accept and go to find the bounty, then they will have to be taken in alive. You CAN'T KILL THEM, or else you don't get the bounty. It's as simple as that.

Gladiator Guild: Yeah, you guessed it. In the heart of the capital lies an coliseum known as the Imperial Arena. By joining the Gladiators Guild, you can compete in fight s for money. Not only do you get a standard fee, but for every win you make in the Arena, you get half of what people lost on official bets. It also grants you access to the Imperial Training Center, a place where you can improve your strength, speed, and agility. One downside is that you aren't allowed to use magic in Arena fights, so if you're a magic wielder and not a fighter, don't even try.

Bishop's Guild: A group of Paladins, Monks, and the like, wielders of powerful light magics, dedicated to eradicating the world of evil. They teach powerful light magics to those who join, but look down on all forms of crime. Therefore, the killing of anyone, thievery in any form, and just about anything that would get you sent to jail will get you kicked out of the Guild.

The "Sailing" Guild: Any idea why it's in quotations? Under false identification, the Sailing Guild actually called the Pirate's Guild, an exclusive invite-only Guild that takes crews of sailors on "diving expeditions" when in fact they go out and be what they are: pirates. As a pirate, you get yourself a lot of booty, and if you play your cards right, you may just be able to become captain of your own ship, with a full crew behind you.

Imperial Guard: Yes, come join the army. At this point in time the Imperial Guard serves as the police as well, taking in prisoners to the city's jail. The more people you bring in, the higher your rank goes. Just remember, any crime and you find yourself locked away and stripped of your rank, regiment, and any chance of re-joining for quite some time.

Necromancer's Guild: Join the Necromancer's Guild! No, seriously, one way or the other if you get the offer to join the necromancer's Guild you join the Necromancer's Guild. You can decline, and get killed, then brought back to life in the service. It's easier just to accept and work for them as a living person and not a zombie. That way you get to learn all of the fun of bringing dead stuff back to life. Soon, you'll have a small army of minions to work for you, all of them mindless zombies. Won't that be fun?

The Ninja's Guild (Happy now Hiro?): Ninja. The silent killers. Funny, I thought that was what the broccoli I ate last night did to me. The Ninja's Guild is basically a fancier version of the Mercenaries' Guild. Actually, it's pretty much the same, but with more interesting jobs. Think a legitimate Assassin's Guild, but with crummier pay. Make a really big name for yourself as a speedy fighter, and they'll invite you to join, giving you access to a variety of new weapons including ranged weapons like shuriken and kunai. You will also gain access to a new kind of spell that is cast with hands instead of words, called a jutsu. They drain mor energy from you and are harder to remember, but they are also much more powerful and more useful in non-combat situations. If you make a name for yourself as a fast fighter, then a representative of the Ninja's Guild will approach you with an offer. Either refuse it, thus losing your chance to join forever, or accept, and become a full-fledged ninja, establishing your own ninja way and following the path you walk on. (Notice: The Real Fiction company has bought out the rights to Naruto as a franchise, and are not held liable to being sued. Don't believe us Naruto company? Check your stock total and compare it against ours. We have fifty-three percent. You have forty-seven.)

Lord Fedora
07-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Reserved for new types of weapons and armor.

Lord Fedora
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
(Notice: If your name is not on this list and your not infamous but you have a bounty on your head, it's probably because the Guards do not know your name. Again, very realistic game)

The Neko Thief: 200 G

Mea: 400 G

Lord Fedora
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Reserved for bulletins and notices.

Poring
07-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh, I need to ask you something. What time period is this set in? If it's in the future, how far in the future is it?

LordZangoose
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
It's midieval to my understanding. At least in the game. If you're talking RL, I would predict the 2010 range. Near future.

And Nate, is it good to use the races I gave you?

Poring
07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Ah, all right. I guess I'll make my sign-up now...

uxie
07-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Ah, crud. New species... great. Pity I didn't have those when I signed up... I would have gone for a Wood Elf. Ah, well. I guess I'll just go with it and gain some experience.

*meep* Oh, dear. I defininitely DO NOT want to get put up on that bounty board... it looks nasty. *Resolves to be nice and not commit crimes*

Gaby
07-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Misaki: I SHALT BE IN THAT BOUNTY LIST AS THE GREATEST THIEF OF ALL TIME! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ryoichi: And I'll have to bail you out... as usual... shweet!

Gah... I wish it was two days later already...

How long has it been?!

Misaki: About... two minutes!

T_T *dies*

LordZangoose
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Misaki: I SHALT BE IN THAT BOUNTY LIST AS THE GREATEST THIEF OF ALL TIME! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ryoichi: And I'll have to bail you out... as usual... shweet!

Gah... I wish it was two days later already...

How long has it been?!

Misaki: About... two minutes!

T_T *dies*

Gaby you seriously have to chill out. And please, please, please slow down for this RP.

Gaby
07-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Gaby you seriously have to chill out. And please, please, please slow down for this RP.

But... but...

*runs away* PIE!

Don't ask =3 I feel the weirdness accumulating tonight XD

uxie
07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Sorry to point this out, but Gaby? How can the weirdness be accumulating tonight if it's already been hanging around you for years? XD

And I don't envy your second character when he has to bail out your thief. Good luck making enough money. :biggrin:

Gaby
07-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry to point this out, but Gaby? How can the weirdness be accumulating tonight if it's already been hanging around you for years? XD

And I don't envy your second character when he has to bail out your thief. Good luck making enough money. :biggrin:

Because I'm cool like that of course ^^

Aaaaanyways...

How long now?

Ryoichi: Five minutes...

...Pie... *dies again*

Lord Fedora
07-04-2007, 01:53 AM

Aaaaanyways...

How long now?

...Pie... *dies again*
Gaby, you know I hold you high in my resect-o-meter, but you're crazy.

Poring
07-04-2007, 02:07 AM

Aaaaanyways...

How long now?

...Pie... *dies again*

Meanwhile, I'm trying to destroy the evil Writer's Block. MUST FINISH BEFORE JULY 5TH! *attempts to stop time*

uxie
07-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Mmmhahahaha.... *evil voice* You have merely one day remaining.... make the best of it. :evil:

Lord Fedora
07-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Mmmhahahaha.... *evil voice* You have merely one day remaining.... make the best of it. :evil:
Cool it guys, sign ups don't close then, that's just when it begins, and even if it did, Poring has a reservation, so he would have plenty of time anyway.

Poring
07-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Cool it guys, sign ups don't close then, that's just when it begins, and even if it did, Poring has a reservation, so he would have plenty of time anyway.

Oh, so I have more than today left? Great. *procrastinates without guilt*

LordZangoose
07-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Nate, I had an idea. This is supposed to be an MMO right? Well since MMOs are only cancelled if the server dies, why not hold sign-ups open forever?

Lord Fedora
07-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Nate, I had an idea. This is supposed to be an MMO right? Well since MMOs are only cancelled if the server dies, why not hold sign-ups open forever?
I recognize that my friend. I was saying that the Fifth of July is when it opens, sign ups never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever close until infinity or the end of time. Even if the sign-up thread dies, if someone wants to join, I'll accept sign-ups over PM.

LordZangoose
07-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I recognize that my friend. I was saying that the Fifth of July is when it opens, sign ups never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever close until infinity or the end of time. Even if the sign-up thread dies, if someone wants to join, I'll accept sign-ups over PM.

Just making sure. And I have a few new race ideas. PM me for them.

Gaby
07-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Gaby, you know I hold you high in my resect-o-meter, but you're crazy.

You don't have to compliment me Eeveeking ^^ I know I'm crazy already =D

LordZangoose
07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Nate, yay or nay to the nine races I gave? Because you said two of them were good and you didn't put them up. Still waiting for the other 7.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Nate, yay or nay to the nine races I gave? Because you said two of them were good and you didn't put them up. Still waiting for the other 7.
Because the RP is starting now, I'm going to hold off on that until everyone currently in gets settled into the RP. Give me about two days. I'm actually going to temporarily close the sign ups just for that, as soon as I get my sample from Eeveelover.

uxie
07-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Did you say that you were going to PM starting clothing and inventory to us individually? I thought you did, I just can't remember.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Did you say that you were going to PM starting clothing and inventory to us individually? I thought you did, I just can't remember.
I did. My mind was changed. By myself. I changed my mind. It's just easier, that way I don't have to keep a running tally... well, I do, but it's just right there, I don't have to pull up any saved files or anything, and people won't forget what they have that way. Anyway, I'm still planning out everyone's starting scenarios and quests.

LordZangoose
07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I've been working on the RP information and haven't put much time into my sign-up yet. Since I'm co-GM can I just PM it to you?

uxie
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I did. My mind was changed. By myself. I changed my mind. It's just easier, that way I don't have to keep a running tally... well, I do, but it's just right there, I don't have to pull up any saved files or anything, and people won't forget what they have that way. Anyway, I'm still planning out everyone's starting scenarios and quests.

^^ Alright. Thanks for clarifying that.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Store's open. Also, it's the new cool hang-out spot, in case you were wondering why I put all of that there.

Poring
07-06-2007, 02:02 AM
I have a question. How exactly does one set up the game? I'd imagine it would be something like register for an account on some website, download some stuff off the internet into the game, put the game in the console, plug the controller in and begin the game.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2007, 02:34 AM
I have a question. How exactly does one set up the game? I'd imagine it would be something like register for an account on some website, download some stuff off the internet into the game, put the game in the console, plug the controller in and begin the game.
I'm doing that post as we speak.

Hiro Yuy
07-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Ok I've very simply drawn out the ladder of power EK should be putting it in the first post of this thread.

uxie
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
*kicks computer* Now is NOT the time to be bugging out on me!

Hey, eeveeking. Right now I can't see the pic under "ladder of power" because my computer is being idiotic, so what exactly is that? Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon, but with my computer you never know.

Poring
07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
*kicks computer* Now is NOT the time to be bugging out on me!

Hey, eeveeking. Right now I can't see the pic under "ladder of power" because my computer is being idiotic, so what exactly is that? Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon, but with my computer you never know.

It just shows that Eeveeking is the GM, LordZangoose is the Co-GM, Hiro Yuy is the Sub GM, and Draconic_Espeon is the Sub Co-GM.

uxie
07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
It just shows that Eeveeking is the GM, LordZangoose is the Co-GM, Hiro Yuy is the Sub GM, and Draconic_Espeon is the Sub Co-GM.

Thanks for explaining that to me.

EDIT: *sigh* I wish tomorrow would come faster...

Draconic_Espeon
07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Being a Sub-Co-GM, what is it that I actually do? XP

Also, I'll be gone all of next week, starting tomorrow. Which means LZ had better get on today an tell me what I'm going to do. >>

Also, other than acquiring stuff, you guys do have some sort of plot to this, right? I'm hoping? You don't have to necessarily tell me what it is, just say yes or no.

Poring
07-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Also, other than acquiring stuff, you guys do have some sort of plot to this, right? I'm hoping? You don't have to necessarily tell me what it is, just say yes or no.

A plot would be nice. And this probably sounds crazy, but I have an idea. It might be because I just read a .hack book, but I thought it would be nice to add some .hack-like conflict to it. Sort of like NPCs acting up, people having comas in real life, NPC enemies acting strangely, that kind of thing. Just throwing something out there.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, the entire point of this game is to be an open ended world, but yes, there will be some major quests. I was just thinking people might want a break from the conventional "one plot, one end goal" sort of thing.

As for inventories, I have once agin changed my mind. Instead of keeping one big list or PMing you all, I will do neither. Instead, if you get confused, just check back to past posts.

Poring
07-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh, I have another question... If I create a new character sometime, will he/she have to go through the whole process of creating their character ingame and starting at the beginning? Or is it possible to create a character that has already created their character and beaten their tutorial quest.

Lord Fedora
07-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Oh, I have another question... If I create a new character sometime, will he/she have to go through the whole process of creating their character ingame and starting at the beginning? Or is it possible to create a character that has already created their character and beaten their tutorial quest.
Uh... okay, you can do the second one if you so wish.

Also, announcement. New Guild. The Ninja Guild. Go ahead and try to join. (Note: NOT ripped off of Naruto. It's downright copied from Naruto, but it's not a rip-off.)

Draconic_Espeon
07-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Would someone mind telling me what my character is supposed to do? Neither of you have posted it, and LZ doesn't know anything about it. >>

Blue-
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Has this RP really started yet? Because I can't find the thread... Even though I haven't even joined this... O_o I was thinking that I might, if it hasn't already started.

Edit: Never mind. xD Found what I was looking for.

Lord Fedora
07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Would someone mind telling me what my character is supposed to do? Neither of you have posted it, and LZ doesn't know anything about it. >>
DE, I will get right on that. I haven't talked to LZ in a while, so Hiro took it upon himself to do that, but unfotunately he hasn't posted yet, so I'll do it. Snowball, go ahead and join. All are welcome.

Hiro Yuy
07-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Sorry bout the wait. Just been really busy. I've posted DE's and Tombi's quests.