PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Nightmare

AltariaTamer
12-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Anyone who has an older version of the PS2, knows what I am talking about.

If you don't know what I am talking about then read the following:

You love your Ghetto PS2...

Then, one day, it decides to stop reading discs. You'll open up the brower menu and when you reinsert a PS2 disc (or any other disc for that matter), then normal phrase "Reading disc..." will pop up and suddenly go away about 1-2 seconds later.

Then, your blood starts to boil as you call the hotline and they tell you it will take 2 weeks once they get their hands on it to fix it and get it back to you. Argh, this sucks. Especially when you want to play the BEST game in the entire world (Madden 2005) and you have to wait 2-4 weeks! Fun huh? :oops:

Neo Emolga
12-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Actually, I heard it's the DVD player feature that screws that up. After you watch too many DVD movies using the PS2, the reader doesn't work anymore.

I think the X-Box also has a similiar problem, because a friend I know has to push the reset button after a few hours of play because maps and games fail to load.

TalonScar
12-02-2004, 08:32 PM
My cousin would know how you feel, AltariaTamer. The Exact same thing happened to his PS2, a couple of weeks ago. He ended up replacing it though, with one of them PS2 slims.
Lucky nothing like that has happened to my GameCube!!

Keeper_of_Light
12-02-2004, 08:49 PM
My PS2 has started doing that now, its realy getting on my nervs. My Gamecube is ok though even though I play on it way more then I use my PS2. I sure cant afford to replace it though :sad: .

Agent Orange
12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I watch DVD's everyday on mine, but it hasn't screwed up yet...